HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

a thread for line combinations

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2004, 11:19 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
u did watch rangers games when he played right??? so why in the hell would u want to resign him. dont score dont shoot dont pass DONT FIGHT like he is suppose to atleast once in a while, dont protect. so again my ? is why resign i think maybe u are a little confused
suggest another "tough guy" who they could persue....McKenna may be a hard worker but I would hardly call him an enforcer...
McCarthy is an enforcer....he may be an aweful one but who else is available?

Old
08-13-2004, 11:45 PM
NYRangers

Lundmark-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Holik-Balej
Ortmeyer-Messier-Murray
Helminen-Betts-Gillies

Tyutin-Poti
Kaspar-Pock
Kondratiev-Rachuneck

Dunham
Labarbera

Notes:

Nylander and Jagr already have chemistry. Why not throw Lundmark there and let him play with the best we have? If he can turn into a 20 goal LW at this point - I'd be thrilled.

I have come around on the Messier subject. In any situation I wouldnt want him back, but I like the leadership and in a Dave Anderchuk role he may be sucessful.

As for the D. No rookies should play together. I see Poti as the worst example, since Tyutin is mature and already looks like a good player, leave the nieve with the better defensemen. I like Pock with Kaspar, our best 'defensive defensemen'. Pock would continue to do well offensively but would learn for out best pure defensmen.

Rachuneck and Poti are similar players, with Pock and Kondratiev coming, we have enough puck moving defensemen. I dont think there will be a trade. But I think Poti is gone at the deadline.

Old
08-14-2004, 12:37 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Lundmark-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Holik-Balej
Ortmeyer-Messier-Murray
Helminen-Betts-Gillies

Tyutin-Poti
Kaspar-Pock
Kondratiev-Rachuneck

Dunham
Labarbera

Notes:

Nylander and Jagr already have chemistry. Why not throw Lundmark there and let him play with the best we have? If he can turn into a 20 goal LW at this point - I'd be thrilled.

I have come around on the Messier subject. In any situation I wouldnt want him back, but I like the leadership and in a Dave Anderchuk role he may be sucessful.

As for the D. No rookies should play together. I see Poti as the worst example, since Tyutin is mature and already looks like a good player, leave the nieve with the better defensemen. I like Pock with Kaspar, our best 'defensive defensemen'. Pock would continue to do well offensively but would learn for out best pure defensmen.

Rachuneck and Poti are similar players, with Pock and Kondratiev coming, we have enough puck moving defensemen. I dont think there will be a trade. But I think Poti is gone at the deadline.
this lineup could make the playoffs with 11 young players. I'll go even further and say this lineup could challange for a playoff spot with only 1 blue chip young player in tjutin. i know i'm perhaps the only fan that doesn't think this team isn't going to be that bad. Even if messier doesn't come back this team could challange for a playoff spot. The future of this organization is bright

Old
08-14-2004, 12:40 AM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
this lineup could make the playoffs with 11 young players. I'll go even further and say this lineup could challange for a playoff spot with only 1 blue chip young player in tjutin. i know i'm perhaps the only fan that doesn't think this team isn't going to be that bad. Even if messier doesn't come back this team could challange for a playoff spot. The future of this organization is bright
I thought people would like my lineup. No playoffs though, after the first two lines you wont find any goals. But more importantly, the defense isnt good enough. Were going to let a ton of goals up this season - and I expect Dunham to hurt his groin again.

I love Lundmark-Nylander-Jagr. If he doesnt have a good season with them then its not happening. The second line also is intruiging. Balej would have some nice partners.

Old
08-14-2004, 01:11 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
suggest another "tough guy" who they could persue....McKenna may be a hard worker but I would hardly call him an enforcer...
How is McCarthy an enforcer?? :lol All he does is stare. Kip Brennan, Francis Lessard, Georges Laraque are enforcers. To be honest I wont be surprised if Laraque ends up a Ranger. Heck Id rather have LW Dan LaCouture back. He at least fights more than Sandy does and is only 26 and is a natural LW. LaCouture had 8 fights in 03-04 season. McCarthy only had 4 fights. And McCarthy is suppose to be an enforcer. HA HA HA

http://www.atlantathrashers.com/Play...1&PlayerID=118

http://www.atlantathrashers.com/Play...|1&PlayerID=42

Old
08-14-2004, 02:00 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
ok how about ...richard scott not as big ,but is tough and will stand up for guys. mccarthy dont even do that anymore . like i said u have watched the games correct? and what has he done, he is not even an enforcer. he cant even beat up cairns. how about getting doug doull hes a tough guy, tough guys dont cost much to get, u can get them from anywhere any team so why go for useless mccarthy. nyr could have signed oliwa or langdon and passed they still fight and stick up for teammates like mccarthy is supposed to do but doesnt.

Last edited by AG9NK35DT8: 08-14-2004 at 02:11 PM.
Old
08-14-2004, 02:05 PM
icthelight

Quote:
ok how about ...ricahrd scott not as big but is tough and will stand up for guys. mccarthy dont even do that anymore at all. like i said u have watched the games correct? and what has he done he is not even an enforcer. he cant even beat up cairns. how ghetting doug doull hes a tough guy, tough guys dont cost much to get u can get them from any\where any team so why go for useless mccarthy when they could have signed oliwa or langdon and passed they still fight and stick up for team mates like mccarthy is supposed to do but doesnt.
Not to be rude or anything, but what language is that? Or to give you the benefit of the doubt, were you drunk or high when you typed that? If english is your second language I truly and deeply apologize.

Old
08-14-2004, 02:07 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
The Rangers have a chance to give 3 or 4 promising young defenseman a shot to play meaningfull minutes. And you want to give one of their spots away to a Todd Simpson. Simpson was good 5 years ago. I would not send any of Tyutin, Pock, Kondratiev, or Lampman to Hartford just so that Todd Simpson can come and collect a check here.
And as for toughness, the Rangers are going to have a team that will have not only Holik and Kasper, but also Murray, Betts, and almost assuredly one of Purinton, Grenier, or Strudwick (in as 4th line wings) in the lineup at the same time. That does not look like they will be lacking toughness.
there is npt to much time for me to go on about thgis bvut, if you read what i wro=te then u would have saw what i said and i will say it agian.

the veteran tough guys can go in against teams like philly and toronto or even jersey when a bit of toughness is needed. u consider holik and kaspar tough. they throw body checks thats all. if someone punches holik in the face he stands there and for kaspar he stands up for him self a bit but by far is he anywhere from tough, murray can scrpa and is a tough kid but not agianst brashears and worrels and fedoruks etc...betts also he is not even close to a tough guy/fighter where do u get that from? dont count on grenier . sturdwick i think will be seen very often which im fine with, and purrinton will get his shots from time to time. nyr needs a everyday tough guy, some like simon would have been great, would have loved him back. and i dont know why sather didnt go after him , and barny he let to guys with great leadership and toughness go, what an *******

Old
08-14-2004, 02:13 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icthelight
Not to be rude or anything, but what language is that? Or to give you the benefit of the doubt, were you drunk or high when you typed that? If english is your second language I truly and deeply apologize.
ok mom i edited it . u sound like my mother or even my english teacher. u had nothing better to do than write that remark, i feel bad for you. and it was only a couple typing mistakes when i type fast i miss or hit letters i shouldnt. so relax and dont be a wise ass i wasnt with u. unless on the computer its easier to be what u cant in public cause ,well, let me just shut up.

Old
08-14-2004, 02:27 PM
icthelight

Quote:
ok mom i edited it . u sound like my mother or even my english teacher. u had nothing better to do than write that remark, i feel bad for you. and it was only a couple typing mistakes when i type fast i miss or hit letters i shouldnt. so relax and dont be a wise ass i wasnt with u. unless on the computer its easier to be what u cant in public cause ,well, let me just shut up.
I say the same thing to my friends and girl. I'm not calling you stupid, just lazy. It just makes it difficult to decipher what you are trying to say.

Old
08-14-2004, 02:30 PM
ftyutin51

Lundmark - Nylander - Jagr
Mironov - Tyutin

Rucinsky - Bondra - Balej
Kasparitis - Poti

LaCouture - Holik - Ortmeyer
Rachunek - Pock

Dunham
Valliquete (sp) and sometimes, LaBarbera.
Murray - Messier - Betts/MacDonald/Hartford players

Line #1 - Nylander and Jagr played pretty well together in Washington or Pittsburgh.. forgot which.. and adding Lundmark to the mix I think, will help him maybe even manage 25 points or more.

Line #2 - Rucinsky has played here before and played pretty well for such a crappy team we have. I know positions aren't exact but Bondra is a excellent player even for his age and can help a youngster like Balej improve his game. If Bondra doesn't work for this line, we could always move him to the first line with Nylander, and Jagr.

Line #3 - I like LaCouture a LOT. He's not the greatest player in the world but he still can put up around 15 points and most of all, he works his a$$ off for those points. Every shift I saw him play, he played with energy and desire. He never gave up when the rest of the team already did. Also, Dan is a natural LW. Holik is a REAL checking centermen and that's what he should do for us. Ortmeyer is the same as LaCouture but a right winger.

Line #4 - Murray is like LaCouture and Ortmeyer. Those three players never give up despite the circumstances. I know a lot of people are thinking that Messier is "too old" or "too crappy" to play but, really, he was one of our better players last season. Also, for a 42-year old guy, 43 points is pretty darn GOOD! Messier could also "tutor" the young'ns and show them what it takes to be a team and play like a team.

Old
08-14-2004, 02:44 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51
Lundmark - Nylander - Jagr
Mironov - Tyutin

Kasparitis - Poti

LaCouture - Holik - Ortmeyer
Rachunek - Pock

Dunham
Valliquete (sp) and sometimes, LaBarbera.
Murray - Messier - Betts/MacDonald/Hartford players

Line #1 - Nylander and Jagr played pretty well together in Washington or Pittsburgh.. forgot which.. and adding Lundmark to the mix I think, will help him maybe even manage 25 points or more.

Line #2 - Rucinsky has played here before and played pretty well for such a crappy team we have. I know positions aren't exact but Bondra is a excellent player even for his age and can help a youngster like Balej improve his game. If Bondra doesn't work for this line, we could always move him to the first line with Nylander, and Jagr.

Line #3 - I like LaCouture a LOT. He's not the greatest player in the world but he still can put up around 15 points and most of all, he works his a$$ off for those points. Every shift I saw him play, he played with energy and desire. He never gave up when the rest of the team already did. Also, Dan is a natural LW. Holik is a REAL checking centermen and that's what he should do for us. Ortmeyer is the same as LaCouture but a right winger.

Line #4 - Murray is like LaCouture and Ortmeyer. Those three players never give up despite the circumstances. I know a lot of people are thinking that Messier is "too old" or "too crappy" to play but, really, he was one of our better players last season. Also, for a 42-year old guy, 43 points is pretty darn GOOD! Messier could also "tutor" the young'ns and show them what it takes to be a team and play like a team.
Another tough guy I would like Rangers to try and sign is 26 year old LW Joey Teterenko, former canes and Florida player. He is young and has size and at least fights. He is not the best tough guy but at 26 is better than Old Stare McCarthy.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/player_b...44&hubName=CAR

Last edited by BDubinskyNYR17*: 08-14-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old
08-14-2004, 11:11 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

that could work............
I'd like to see them get Jody Shelley...

Old
08-14-2004, 11:54 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
HELL NO @ Bondra. That defeats the purpose of rebuilding... I think I'd stop watching hockey if we got Bondra... LaCouture, I liked as well, but I doubt Sather will resign him. He was excellent defensively.

Don't think Lundmark should start the season one line 1... unless he has an outstanding training camp.

Old
08-15-2004, 01:43 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

Quote:
1--Balej-Nylander-Jagr
2--Rucinsky-Holik-Lundmark
3--Ortmeyer-Moore-Murray
4--Wiseman-Betts-M.Green/Strudwick

D1--Tyutin-Pock
D2--Kasparitis-Poti
D3--Rachunek-Kondratiev
That's the most balanced and well thought out combo yet. Good work!

Old
08-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Bob Froese

ftyutin51

how do u assuyme these lines will work, you are just trying to make another czech line. firts of all bondra is not a center so why in the hell would u put him there? he has been an nhl winger his whole carrer and you suddenly want to put him as a center.i would assume u are young and dont know better which is ok.

and lacatoure is good as gone , here is an article that will update you on the situation. so now u can take him out of the ineup as well as peter bondra.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

"LACOUTURE STILL SHOPPING AROUND."

NATRICK BULLETINE & TAB: Douglas Flynn reports Natrick native Dan LaCouture has spoken with several clubs, including the Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens and his former club, the Pittsburgh Penguins and remains optimistic about landing a contract with a new club soon. One team he hasn't spoken with his another former team, the NY Rangers, as he was frustrated by his lack of playing time in the Big Apple.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

in all honesty how much time does he want hes a 4th line winger thats all a 3rd liner if and injury occurs to a 3rd liner thats all. he did have heart and stood up for himself and teammates though.

Old
08-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Bob Froese

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
That's the most balanced and well thought out combo yet.
are u serious, u cant be. first off balej is a right winger, not a left, lundmark played left ( natural center )and not right, murray is a left wing/ natural center and ortmeyer is a right, mike green is a natural center not a winger. holik is a 3rd liner not a 2nd, when used in the 3rd line role as a shut down center he is most effective, he cost 9 mill per use him right and let nyr get there money's worth.moore sucks he should be on the 4th line unless injury occurs and proves him self to be better than 4th line material.

what is with these kids these days and putting people in positioins they dont play, you think you just take a player and say "hey, u play left wing, you've been a center your whole life but we will change u now to the wing" or just take guys such as someone listed bondra as a centre and u just think he will suddenly play the perfect role a center man which mean s alot of defensive responsibilties. you just dont take players and move them out of where they were taught to play.

tyutin and pock not to swift for now dont really want 2 rookies together , i think anyone could tell u that, kaspar and poti not bad , but, poti needs a better stay at home d-man. kaspar tends top leave his spot quit often to make hits , and that will leave poti in a tough spot.

1--Balej-Nylander-Jagr
3--Ortmeyer-Moore-Murray

D1--Tyutin-Pock
D2--Kasparitis-Poti
D3--Rachunek-Kondratiev

how about these lines make a little more sense....where nyr went wrong was not signing umberger, that would have opened up a spot at center and shut down a need at lw where lundmark could have played.now nyr is still short on a lw and or a center. to make lines is kind of hard anyway , i really would like to see balej and lunds have a vet on there line neither at center or lw, thats if lundmark plays left than a center will be needed. a line i do like and think would work , if balej got hot would be.... garth murray-nylander-balej then we could have another line of:
rucinsky-lundmark-jagr with nylander moving in on line one on many occasions to work with jagr, and luyndmark to work with balej. i mean i hav plenty of ideas that could work, but i will be here typing all day if i go on and on.

1-- ? (f.a) / rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr
2--u.f.a? / Rucinsky-lundmark -balej
3--murray-holik-ortmeyer
4--Wiseman-Betts/M.Green-Strudwick<~~~ a d-man or lw not a right winger

D1--Tyutin-kaspar / kondratiev ( only because thye have played together, and both seem to be very mature aND ready)
D2--pock-rachunek
D3--poti-kaspar or some u.fa

kondratiev gets a spot if no u.f.a is signed if not kaspar pairs with tyutin.

in goal:

dunham
valiquette
( both get a share of games riide who ever is the hotter goalie)
xtra d-men - kondratiev, lampman, nycholat, purrinton.

Last edited by Bob Froese: 08-15-2004 at 02:21 PM.
Old
08-15-2004, 05:53 PM
icthelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Froese
are u serious, u cant be. first off balej is a right winger, not a left, lundmark played left ( natural center )and not right, murray is a left wing/ natural center and ortmeyer is a right, mike green is a natural center not a winger. holik is a 3rd liner not a 2nd, when used in the 3rd line role as a shut down center he is most effective, he cost 9 mill per use him right and let nyr get there money's worth.moore sucks he should be on the 4th line unless injury occurs and proves him self to be better than 4th line material.

what is with these kids these days and putting people in positioins they dont play, you think you just take a player and say "hey, u play left wing, you've been a center your whole life but we will change u now to the wing" or just take guys such as someone listed bondra as a centre and u just think he will suddenly play the perfect role a center man which mean s alot of defensive responsibilties. you just dont take players and move them out of where they were taught to play.

tyutin and pock not to swift for now dont really want 2 rookies together , i think anyone could tell u that, kaspar and poti not bad , but, poti needs a better stay at home d-man. kaspar tends top leave his spot quit often to make hits , and that will leave poti in a tough spot.

1--Balej-Nylander-Jagr
3--Ortmeyer-Moore-Murray

D1--Tyutin-Pock
D2--Kasparitis-Poti
D3--Rachunek-Kondratiev

how about these lines make a little more sense....where nyr went wrong was not signing umberger, that would have opened up a spot at center and shut down a need at lw where lundmark could have played.now nyr is still short on a lw and or a center. to make lines is kind of hard anyway , i really would like to see balej and lunds have a vet on there line neither at center or lw, thats if lundmark plays left than a center will be needed. a line i do like and think would work , if balej got hot would be.... garth murray-nylander-balej then we could have another line of:
rucinsky-lundmark-jagr with nylander moving in on line one on many occasions to work with jagr, and luyndmark to work with balej. i mean i hav plenty of ideas that could work, but i will be here typing all day if i go on and on.

1-- ? (f.a) / rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr
2--u.f.a? / Rucinsky-lundmark -balej
3--murray-holik-ortmeyer
4--Wiseman-Betts/M.Green-Strudwick<~~~ a d-man or lw not a right winger

D1--Tyutin-kaspar / kondratiev ( only because thye have played together, and both seem to be very mature aND ready)
D2--pock-rachunek
D3--poti-kaspar or some u.fa

kondratiev gets a spot if no u.f.a is signed if not kaspar pairs with tyutin.

in goal:

dunham
valiquette
( both get a share of games riide who ever is the hotter goalie)
xtra d-men - kondratiev, lampman, nycholat, purrinton.

1--Lundmark-Nylander-Jagr
2--Rucinsky-Holik-Balej
3--Murray-Moore-Ortmeyer

D1--Tyutin-Pock
D2--Kasparitis-Poti
D3--Rachunek-Kondratiev

As posted earlier, i wasnt sure of each persons exact position whether lw or rw. So just for you i swapped everyone to their "CORRECT" slots.....and thanks mazmin i had the best of intentions

Old
08-16-2004, 12:09 PM
burner10115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
That's the most balanced and well thought out combo yet. Good work!
Thats the dumbest thing I've seen yet. Srry but Balej Plays right, Lundmark plays Left. It may look good but there in the wrong positions.

Old
08-16-2004, 12:24 PM
NYRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner10115
Thats the dumbest thing I've seen yet. Srry but Balej Plays right, Lundmark plays Left. It may look good but there in the wrong positions.
I thought he was being sarcastic. Pock and Tyutin??

Old
08-16-2004, 12:50 PM
barnaby63

Rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr
Lundmark-Hrdina-Balej
Murray-Holik-Ortmeyer
Giroux-Betts-Strudwick

Poti-McGillis
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Pock-Kasparaitis

Extras(1st callups):
Bryce Lampman, Dominic Moore

I would sign Rucinsky to a 1 year deal at 1.5 million with a team option for a 2nd year at 1.25 million. He is keeping the spot warm till Petr Prucha is ready.

I would then sign defensive-defenseman(what a bright idea!) to a 2-3 year deal at 2.25-2.5 million per. He will finally give Poti the veteran defensive presence he has lacked as a partner and will bring some veteran leadership to the young blueline.

After signing McGillis i would then look to trade Rachunek to New Jersey for Jan Hrdina and one of Jiri Bicek, an 05 2nd rounder or a B-Level prospect. Hrdina can provide a solid 2-way role on the 2nd line while possesing the playmaking skills to set up Balej and Lundmark. 15 G and 35 A wouldnt be out of the question. But he is gone as soon as Immonen is ready.

Old
08-18-2004, 11:45 AM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Froese
ftyutin51

how do u assuyme these lines will work, you are just trying to make another czech line. firts of all bondra is not a center so why in the hell would u put him there? he has been an nhl winger his whole carrer and you suddenly want to put him as a center.i would assume u are young and dont know better which is ok.

and lacatoure is good as gone , here is an article that will update you on the situation. so now u can take him out of the ineup as well as peter bondra.

"LACOUTURE STILL SHOPPING AROUND."

NATRICK BULLETINE & TAB: Douglas Flynn reports Natrick native Dan LaCouture has spoken with several clubs, including the Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens and his former club, the Pittsburgh Penguins and remains optimistic about landing a contract with a new club soon. One team he hasn't spoken with his another former team, the NY Rangers, as he was frustrated by his lack of playing time in the Big Apple.

in all honesty how much time does he want hes a 4th line winger thats all a 3rd liner if and injury occurs to a 3rd liner thats all. he did have heart and stood up for himself and teammates though.
First of all, Bondra is Russian.. not Czech.. :lol I know the positions aren't exactly the same as there supposed to be but that doesn't mean that the players can't work something new during Training Camp. And, if it doesn't work, Bondra (if we signed him) could switch around with Lundmark. <-- Most likely. [EDIT] I think this line will produce mainly 'cause of each of the player's attributes. First, we have Rucinsky's speed and I say he has all-around offensive skills. Bondra is a sniper and always has been.<-- A pretty damn good sniper, he is. Balej has grittiness(sp) and will work his ass for the puck. His stick-handling abilities aren't that bad either.

Well I didn't know that about LaCatoure.. so change LaCatoure and put in a NHL-ready from Hartford.

Last edited by ftyutin51: 08-18-2004 at 11:50 AM.
Old
08-18-2004, 11:52 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51
First of all, Bondra is Russian.. not Czech.. :lol I know the positions aren't exactly the same as there supposed to be but that doesn't mean that the players can't work something new during Training Camp.

Second of all Bondra is a SLOVAK---NOT russian big guy and he most certainly never has and never will play center ice.

Old
08-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I just want hockey on October 8th

Closed Thread