HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top Young/Prospect D-Man to Van

Old
08-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Hi-wayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhennig16 View Post
What would Canucks fan's offer for Cody Franson?
My point was that unless the Canucks are trading for a potential #1 defenseman in the Blum, Bogosian, Doughty range which Cody Franon is not, the Canucks already have a deep pool of developing defensive prospects.

It would only seem that the OP has forgotten that or has decided that all our defensive prospects are failures because they have yet failed to displace our current roster defensemen.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:24 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

The Canucks are not going to give up assets for potential or prospects. They are in win-now mode.

Salo's replacement will be Tanev. And if they add another dman (if Sauve, etc aren't ready) it will be via FA - as Gillis always does to fill holes.

Gillis does not give up assets for prospects and potential. And teams in win-now mode do not make such trades.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:34 PM
biturbo19

I don't really see the need to go wheeling and dealing for a 'replacement' for Salo, when we have Tanev looking like he could potentially fill that role in another year (and may end up having to later this year even, given Salo's injury sheet).

And more than that, we have a pretty good selection of potential 2nd-pairing type d-men in the system already. The element our prospect pool is lacking, is at the very top end, as in a surefire bluechip potential top-pairing type d-man. And teams don't really trade those types, so we're kind of on our own there.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo123 View Post
So top six would be

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Ballard
Tanev-XXX

I do not feel comfortable in giving Rome/Alberts permanent top 6 roles.
love all the post-finals Aaron Rome hate.

Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 11:12 PM
RDRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhennig16 View Post
What would Canucks fan's offer for Cody Franson?
I wouldn't make an offer until I've seen some games played. We need to get a better look at an Ehrhoff-less defensive core. Just how valuable was he to this team, and can Ballard rebound? How will Tanev perform? A trade for Franson could end up being for naught. Just like the Ballard trade was. By what I mean is, we would have had more money for Ehrhoff.

Although an extra core defenseman was needed and we might not have gotten Hamhuis on July 1.

RDRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
They'd have to give up way too much to get him. Not a chance imho.

Seriously though I wouldn't think the hole is that big that it needs to be addressed right now. The Canucks might even be able to address it in the 2012 draft, which is supposedly littered with defensemen.
Exactly, the 12 draft is great for Dmen and really the Canucks don't have the assets to move to get a quality young high end Dman. Teams aren't exactly giving these guys away, Nashville aside.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDRR View Post
I wouldn't make an offer until I've seen some games played. We need to get a better look at an Ehrhoff-less defensive core. Just how valuable was he to this team, and can Ballard rebound? How will Tanev perform? A trade for Franson could end up being for naught. Just like the Ballard trade was. By what I mean is, we would have had more money for Ehrhoff.

Although an extra core defenseman was needed and we might not have gotten Hamhuis on July 1.
Franson is till a project, Ballard can show alot more and had a perfect storm, in the bad kind of way, year and Hamhius healthy will give the Canucks a solid top 4 and they have depth already.

If need be they will add a veteran during the season but it's unlikely they try to add a young project like Franson.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 11:43 PM
ronaldo123

If Smith proves to be an incapable no. 1 goalie (which he should be), maybe Phoenix will entertain a Schneider for Gormley trade.

ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 11:54 PM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaustX23 View Post
love all the post-finals Aaron Rome hate.
Trust me, he's always been this hated. Look at any GDT during the season where he is in the lineup for evidence..

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:00 AM
ronaldo123

In the same idea as my previous post, if NJ needs another top goalie with Brodeur's near retirement, they May trade Merrill for him. If NYI is unable to procure a top goalie they may trade Schneider for Hamonic

Last edited by ronaldo123: 08-21-2011 at 11:21 AM.
ronaldo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
We have Salos replacement with Tanev......
Does a solid breeze put Tanev on the shelf for 2-4 weeks ? If not, then you don't have a true replacement for Salo.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Jamie Benn
NHL Draft Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
They'd have to give up way too much to get him. Not a chance imho.

Seriously though I wouldn't think the hole is that big that it needs to be addressed right now. The Canucks might even be able to address it in the 2012 draft, which is supposedly littered with defensemen.
This, this draft is going to be insane, we could a guy to replace Salo easily. Even in the 25th - 30th range.

Jamie Benn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 05:52 AM
tony d
The man

I think it would take one of Cory Scheidner or Cody Hodgson to get this top dman to Vancouver.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote