HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value NYR-NJD blockbuster Stepan + Larsson as principals

Old
08-20-2011, 01:34 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Not again with this crap some people just never learn.

Training camp cant come soon enough

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Hey Scotty, would you mind opening up a can of reality on your Devil friend... I just can't do it on my own and quite frankly, I'm tired of responding to his idiocy.
Eddardstark ?

He's on my ignore list

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:35 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
I guess it would be something like that.

Depends on what Lou is looking for. Down the road impact or players who are ready to play now in regards to Kreider and Hagelin.
I'm just throwing out something. I'd assume it would be around there. I would think Lou would choose between Thomas and Kreider, but Kreider is physically ready. Kreider would be ready in at least a year, so 2012-2013, Hagelin can play now. Hagelin is also on a pretty decent deal. He just needs to show what he can do at the pro level.

That Stepan Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:36 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy View Post
There's room, but it may be unlikely. I wouldn't put my money on signing Parise. Believe me, I'd wet myself if we got him, but Jersey has a considerable advantage and isn't exactly getting worse. They're transitioning from an older team to a younger team. We had to go through the same thing, but luckily we didn't have to with a goaltender because of Lundqvist. The Devils are slowly finding a new identity and I'm sure Parise wouldn't want to give up playing with Zajac and Kovalchuk. Zajac isn't the center that Richards is, but Kovalchuk is healthier than Gaborik.
But would he come here for less to win a Cup, if we are close enough.
The Bruins won last year and we stack up favorably against them.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Eddardstark ?

He's on my ignore list
That makes me feel better, I guess he can go on mine then too. He's one hell of a troll. Peace out Eddretardstark

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:37 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Sure, but you're operating under the assumption that Lou would trade Parise to the Rangers, which he wouldn't. Not even if they were the significantly highest bidder.

If you're trading a star player that you think is going to lock up long term, because you have to, the difference between a 1st and a 2nd is not as big as getting that player out of your division/conference. Look where Philly dealt Carter/Richards.
I'm only assuming for that moment. Throughout this thread I've stated that there is no possible way Lou would deal Parise to the Rangers, making such a deal would only make the Rangers stronger competitors.

Only way Lou MIGHT, and I mean MIGHT, give up Parise is if another star like Staal is coming his way.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:39 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Lindmark doesn't exist.

Do you mean Lindberg? If so, there's no guarantee that he's NHL ready whereas Stepan is already a second line center on many teams.
Thank you, on that point I stand corrected. LINDBERG!

There's no comparison between the two.
The point is you are getting something really valuable for Stepan, and Lindberg is part of the solution that will grow into place to replace him.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
Lou will have the money to pay Parise, he'll have more than enough money. There won't be a problem in offering a contract.

The Devils are enough of a contender, do you recall when they were without Brodeur and Clemmensen stood on his head? They could very well get a goaltender that can do well and bring them into the playoffs. They have a strong defense and an offense in the midst of a transition.
The Devils will certainly find a stop gap after Marty retires...which might not happen until after the 2012-2013 season. I think a lot of what he does this year will decide what happens next.

If the Devils make the playoffs and are a decent team I think he'll be back for one more year because our kids would of matured a bit more and hopefully locking up Parise long term will have the team feeling good about themselves and ready to try one last deep run before Marty hangs it up.

Future goalies...Clermont ( recently signed ) and Wedgewood look promising... Kinkaid..no one is sure yet.

But you guys know better then most goalies are a crap shoot.. getting henrik in the 7th round....? I know it was late...

I don't think Marty will be here to mentor one of the kids unless Lou feels Clermont or Kinkaid are ready next season which is unlikely.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Kinkaid is going to surprise everyone and at least become a solid NHL backup. Not sure on starter yet. I'm just glad he's out of the ECAC. He was all that held Union on in the NCAA playoffs last spring. Magical performance.

The Devils have to set out this year to prove that last year's miss was a result of coaching. They stripped some fat and cut some loose ends, and we're going to see a much younger, faster NJD team this year.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:42 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
The Devils will certainly find a stop gap after Marty retires...which might not happen until after the 2012-2013 season. I think a lot of what he does this year will decide what happens next.

If the Devils make the playoffs and are a decent team I think he'll be back for one more year because our kids would of matured a bit more and hopefully locking up Parise long term will have the team feeling good about themselves and ready to try one last deep run before Marty hangs it up.

Future goalies...Clermont ( recently signed ) and Wedgewood look promising... Kinkaid..no one is sure yet.

But you guys know better then most goalies are a crap shoot.. getting henrik in the 7th round....? I know it was late...

I don't think Marty will be here to mentor one of the kids unless Lou feels Clermont or Kinkaid are ready next season which is unlikely.

I was actually a little surprised the Devs didn't go after Varlamov. Although, Marty has the same kind of thing going that Jeter does, as in he'll probably play until HE decides hes done.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:43 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:

I think Clermont should be ready in a year or two. I like him now, but will probably hate him in a few years.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

Or since he's been with the Devils his whole career, maybe after he retires he gets offered a job as an assistant goalie coach

Old
08-20-2011, 01:44 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post
Lindmark is irrelevant because he doesnt even exist. Even if he did, faceoffs is no reason to rid of Stepan, a 45 point 20 year old center. Lindberg has yet to play a single NHL contest and is more of a 4th line center than a third.

I hate Wolski too but you wont get much use out of him on the 4th line.
Please read posts carefully.
Never said move Stepan to make room for Lindberg.
Just said moving Stepan could make sense if return is high enough, and while his replacement is likely to be a prospect needing more development, he would still be able to cut it at the all important area of faceoffs.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Or since he's been with the Devils his whole career, maybe after he retires he gets offered a job as an assistant goalie coach
He's said he'd like to work for the organization and even went on to say he'd love to learn from Lou directly.

Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up a GM someday.

I don't think Marty would be a good goalie coach at all.

His style is so different from what is taught today that aside from some basic things there isn't a lot he can implement into a young goalies arsenal.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:46 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I think both teams say no to this one. We're trading an established 2nd line center player in his rookie year for a position where we are already deep at. I also think Erixon will have a better 1st few seasons than Larsson, so I see no point in acquiring him. Just wait next offseason for Suter or Weber.

I really hope you mean Adam Larsson and not Philip Larsen of the Stars.
Yes, I did.
Good points, except Suter/Weber may cost too much.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
He's said he'd like to work for the organization and even went on to say he'd love to learn from Lou directly.

Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up a GM someday.

I don't think Marty would be a good goalie coach at all.

His style is so different from what is taught today that aside from some basic things there isn't a lot he can implement into a young goalies arsenal.
True. He probably wouldn't be the best goalie coach. Would you want Tim "out of my crease" Thomas as your goalie coach?

Old
08-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
I was actually a little surprised the Devs didn't go after Varlamov. Although, Marty has the same kind of thing going that Jeter does, as in he'll probably play until HE decides hes done.
Well if you listen to Marty talk... it's getting closer to that day. He pretty much said if there is another lockout he's 100% decided to retire.

Can he still play and be a solid goalie behind a good team, sure. The second half of the season proved that.

Is he his 28 yr old self anymore ? of course not but there's no reason to think he isn't a 30 win goalie on a good team anymore.

40 depending on workload.

Having Hedberg last year and this year may just extend his career one more year after this one.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

To me, goaltending coaches don't have to be in with the current style.

The Allaire brothers? They're just smart.

No one personifies the modern butterfly more than Mike Dunham, and i'd rank him way down the list in terms of goaltending coaches.

"See, kid, rebounds are good. Sometimes, they clear right out of the zone!"

Old
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post
My lineup if this trade goes through.

Parisye Tichards Gaporick
Dudinski Anisimow Callaham
Wolskey Lindmark Hagelimb
Rubb Christensensenen Brust

Very strong lineup all around, IMO
I can take a joke as well as the next guy; handclap:
at the same time: "Lucy, you just so ridiculous!"

Old
08-20-2011, 01:51 PM
JimmyStart*

Saw the OP and hopedforgood laUGH 1st trade was meh but the 2nd!? LOL Girardi and Boyle + you thinking TYalbot is worth something. Oh AND we get a higher pick. GET ER DONE SATHER

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Worth adding in that the Devils organization is still high on goaltenders who can move the puck. Kinkaid is that, Talbot is the exact antithesis of that.

They'd much rather have another Brodeur than a Roberto Luongo (Or Lundqvist).

Old
08-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Back on the Parise topic just wanted to give my two cents about the whole contract situation.

I do think there are some organizational issues right now that may of held up a long term deal.

There's no question in my mind that Parise was looking for a Erhoff type deal with tons of lock out protection money in the 1st two seasons.

Our owner is currently in the process of buying out his partner completely.

Vanderbeek wants 100% ownership and may sell off parts to investors afterwards.. that remains to be seen.

Vanderbeek also has a ridiculous amount of money. A very good partnership with Prudential and a very good TV deal with MSG.

Money won't be a issue going forward but I do think it had something to do with it right now until things are settled.

Now about if Zach wishes to stay or not. My gut says yes.. Zach's said he wants to stay.. and has gone above and beyond the normal responses of just " yes i want to be here "

He has a unique opportunity to usher in a new chapter of Devils hockey as the captain for the foreseeable future if he so chooses.

If in the end he doesn't want to stay ? Then fine I don't want anyone putting on that sweater who isn't all in.

The Devils are a team in transition and I think are showing other teams how to re-tool and still stay fairly competitive.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:56 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Worth adding in that the Devils organization is still high on goaltenders who can move the puck. Kinkaid is that, Talbot is the exact antithesis of that.

They'd much rather have another Brodeur than a Roberto Luongo (Or Lundqvist).
Auld was the first goalie in years that moved the puck in this organization, we're not really big on puck moving goaltenders. Biron moves the puck on occasion.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Auld was the first goalie in years that moved the puck in this organization, we're not really big on puck moving goaltenders. Biron moves the puck on occasion.
Biron is also not a butterfly goaltender. Part of a dying breed in that regard.

Old
08-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Back on the Parise topic just wanted to give my two cents about the whole contract situation.

I do think there are some organizational issues right now that may of held up a long term deal.

There's no question in my mind that Parise was looking for a Erhoff type deal with tons of lock out protection money in the 1st two seasons.

Our owner is currently in the process of buying out his partner completely.

Vanderbeek wants 100% ownership and may sell off parts to investors afterwards.. that remains to be seen.

Vanderbeek also has a ridiculous amount of money. A very good partnership with Prudential and a very good TV deal with MSG.

Money won't be a issue going forward but I do think it had something to do with it right now until things are settled.

Now about if Zach wishes to stay or not. My gut says yes.. Zach's said he wants to stay.. and has gone above and beyond the normal responses of just " yes i want to be here "

He has a unique opportunity to usher in a new chapter of Devils hockey as the captain for the foreseeable future if he so chooses.

If in the end he doesn't want to stay ? Then fine I don't want anyone putting on that sweater who isn't all in.

The Devils are a team in transition and I think are showing other teams how to re-tool and still stay fairly competitive.
No they aren't, they've made the playoffs 12 of the last 13 years (you have him on ignore so you don't get it)