HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Sign Ethan Moreau [1 year, $600K]

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2011, 12:45 AM
  #201
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
 
alpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sweden and Slovenia
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
That's not what I'm talking about. Why aren't you guys bashing Clifford for his miss? Let me hear some Clifford bashing. If he had scored there, Moreau's penalty wouldn't have mattered.

If you're going to blame Moreau, you also need to blame Clifford. Not one of you chose to blame Clifford. Shame on you guys.

Didn't see the game is there a clip of Cliiford's miss?

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:59 AM
  #202
ru4reals
Registered User
 
ru4reals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Clifford should probably be sent down. People have been saying that all season.
Agree 100%! Hasn't been the same since getting worked over by Ryan Reaves last year.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:02 AM
  #203
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
That's not what I'm talking about. Why aren't you guys bashing Clifford for his miss? Let me hear some Clifford bashing. If he had scored there, Moreau's penalty wouldn't have mattered.

If you're going to blame Moreau, you also need to blame Clifford. Not one of you chose to blame Clifford. Shame on you guys.
If Clifford missed an empty net as often as Moreau takes dumb penalties, he would be villified as well.

Moreau is taking a high number of penalties despite having little ice time. That's bad.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:07 AM
  #204
Jetteroheller
Registered User
 
Jetteroheller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
Moreau is horrid, brings little to the team other than bad penalties at worse times. Worst signing in years.

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:14 AM
  #205
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!
 
kingsfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 11,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
RH63 View Post
That's not what I'm talking about. Why aren't you guys bashing Clifford for his miss? Let me hear some Clifford bashing. If he had scored there, Moreau's penalty wouldn't have mattered.

If you're going to blame Moreau, you also need to blame Clifford. Not one of you chose to blame Clifford. Shame on you guys.
There's a difference between having a lead and Clifford hitting the post, and holding a lead with 2 minutes to play and Moreau giving an unnecessary two handed chop that led to the tying goal.

If Moreau doesn't go retard with the penalty, Clifford's miss wouldn't mattered either, and we still win without giving up 2 points to a div. rival.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:52 AM
  #206
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
If Clifford missed an empty net as often as Moreau takes dumb penalties, he would be villified as well.

Moreau is taking a high number of penalties despite having little ice time. That's bad.
Comparing Clifford missing empty netter to Moreau taking penalties is like comparing apples and oranges. Of course there are more opportunities for a minor infractions than there are for an empty net. Heck, some players go an entire season without an opportunity at an empty net. Can't say the same about a minor penalty.

And believe me, I'm not blaming Clifford or Moreau for the loss.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:52 AM
  #207
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Agree 100%! Hasn't been the same since getting worked over by Ryan Reaves last year.
He played just fine in the playoffs when he led the Kings in playoff scoring while playing with Richardson and Simmonds. I think he needs some speedy forwards to play with that can create opportunities for him to finish.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:47 AM
  #208
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree because I don't think he's been as horrible as you guys are painting him out to be. He gets a pass in my book.

I just think guys like to pick on Moreau, Penner, Stoll and Parse as easy target and you guys are taking jabs at them. Believe me, if Moreau had missed an open netter much like Clifford did tonight, you guys would be all over the guy. But since Clifford is well liked and Moreau isn't, you guys just choose to overlook an open netter that could have guaranteed a victory. Seriously, how many of you guys mentioned anything about how Clifford missed that easy goal?
Those guys are whipping boys for a reason.

Moreau: 4th liner who doesn't fight, doesn't score, and takes too many penalties

Penner: I believe he has scored two goals since he has been in L.A. He makes whatever line he's on worse. Unacceptable

Stoll: His all around play has been invisible this year. The 3rd line has by far been our worst line this year

Parse: He's touted as one of the most offensively talented guys on the roster but that never comes through on the ice. The guy is also insanely fragile.

As for Clifford, I've been saying that he deserves to be sent down for at least the past two weeks. He's not taking the body, driving the net, or cycling the puck. He's regressed.

At this point, for anyone to be making excuses for these guys is insane

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:13 AM
  #209
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
Scratch Moreau, send down Clifford



Call up Cliche. The guy deserves a chance.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:29 AM
  #210
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 2400
I thought Moreau looked pretty good down low against the boards the first few weeks of the season. I agree he has taken some dumb penalties as of late but in my opinion he is a guy who will shine once the playoffs come around.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:42 AM
  #211
Winger23
Registered User
 
Winger23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
I thought Moreau looked pretty good down low against the boards the first few weeks of the season. I agree he has taken some dumb penalties as of late but in my opinion he is a guy who will shine once the playoffs come around.
If he is still playing on this team by the time playoffs come around I assure you it's another first round exit.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:46 AM
  #212
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
I thought Moreau looked pretty good down low against the boards the first few weeks of the season. I agree he has taken some dumb penalties as of late but in my opinion he is a guy who will shine once the playoffs come around.
Maybe there is a a reason why he was waived by the worst team of the league.
Same copunts for hunter..........

I wonder what this strange love is about players who doesn't belong into this league.
I mean 400 years ago they forced Armstrong into a position he never could fill and it went on and on.
I wish the management would focus on hockeyplayers isntead on some off the ice skills.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:54 AM
  #213
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Maybe there is a a reason why he was waived by the worst team of the league.
Same copunts for hunter..........

I wonder what this strange love is about players who doesn't belong into this league.
Have you compared his stats to other 4th line players in the league?

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:00 PM
  #214
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
If he is still playing on this team by the time playoffs come around I assure you it's another first round exit.
I was going to take thanksgiving off from the boards but I just couldn't resist your silly response.

If you think that Moreau and his 10 mins a game is the cause of our first round exit, then you obviously don't think a whole lot about our kings. Seriously, when are you guys going to realize that players make mistakes. Just because they're professional athletes doesn't mean they're immune from making mistakes. You guys make it so personal as if Moreau deliberately caused us to lose a game.

He got called for slashing. A two minute minor. Get over it!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:08 PM
  #215
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 2400
Its also a plus that he is a former Clancy winner. Its always good to have a guy who won an award for leadership in the locker room, especially with some youngsters on the team.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:28 PM
  #216
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,261
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I was going to take thanksgiving off from the boards but I just couldn't resist your silly response.

If you think that Moreau and his 10 mins a game is the cause of our first round exit, then you obviously don't think a whole lot about our kings. Seriously, when are you guys going to realize that players make mistakes. Just because they're professional athletes doesn't mean they're immune from making mistakes. You guys make it so personal as if Moreau deliberately caused us to lose a game.

He got called for slashing. A two minute minor. Get over it!
Mistakes happen rarely. Moreau sinking his teams with bad penalties late in close games happens much too often to be called "mistakes". Common occurrence would be more accurate imo.

Or, oh no, we got "Moreau'd" again!

Or, "Im just getting off work now, Ill be there half past Moreau."

Dont worry, he usually has one game per year where he scores two or three goals.

There's always that to look forward to.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:29 PM
  #217
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Mistakes happen rarely. Moreau sinking his teams with bad penalties late in close games happens much too often to be called "mistakes". Common occurrence would be more accurate imo.

Or, oh no, we got "Moreau'd" again!

Dont worry, he usually has one game per year where he scores two or three goals.

There's always that to look forward to.
And exactly, how many games has he caused us?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:32 PM
  #218
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
And exactly, how many games has he caused us?
To be fair I blame Clifford more. I know the puck was sorta rolling. BUT MY GOD MAN, He is also a struggling forward. CLifford has to pot that goal, He has too. What if that was the Stanley Cup right there?

Clifford would be out of the Hockey World.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:36 PM
  #219
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
To be fair I blame Clifford more. I know the puck was sorta rolling. BUT MY GOD MAN, He is also a struggling forward. CLifford has to pot that goal, He has too. What if that was the Stanley Cup right there?

Clifford would be out of the Hockey World.
I don't blame either but if the fans are going to blame Moreau, yeah, then they should also blame Clifford. They'll never do that because Clifford is well liked and not a whipping boy like Moreau.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 01:20 PM
  #220
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 500
Clifford's also a kid, its easier to forgive mistakes with him. Moreau is the oldest guy on the squad. He should know better by now.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:48 PM
  #221
MxK1NGS
Registered User
 
MxK1NGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Clifford's also a kid, its easier to forgive mistakes with him. Moreau is the oldest guy on the squad. He should know better by now.
Seems like Clifford is struggling in his sophomore year kinda like Simmer did last season. I expect him to clear things up soon. Hopefully.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:25 PM
  #222
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
Seems like Clifford is struggling in his sophomore year kinda like Simmer did last season. I expect him to clear things up soon. Hopefully.
That wasn't Simmonds sophomore season last year, it was his third season. He actually improved in his 2nd year.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:54 PM
  #223
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,024
vCash: 500
Some thoughts from this thread

- Clifford's missed net was bad, but the big difference is that is a physical mistake, you can live with that more than Moreau's penalties which are almost always mental mistakes. There is just no way a rookie should get away with the crap he has pulled this year, much less a veteran like him.

- RH, you clearly loved this signing during the summer. You even said Moreau might be your favorite player. Has he lived up to your expectations. Because he clearly has lived up to mine and many of the Oilers fans who posted about him. He has been the Kings worst acquisition since Randy Jones. And atleast Jones provided some offense.

- Ziggy could use youtubes to make anyone look decent, I am convinced of it. I am even more shocked that there were even that many videos about Ethan Moreau on youtube.

- Ethan Moreau sucks.

- The money could have been better spent on 600k things off the McDonald's dollar menu.

- Happy Thanksgiving

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:45 PM
  #224
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
Have you compared his stats to other 4th line players in the league?
i don't care whats going on at other teams.
But if we talk about 4th liners i have Drapers or McCarthys or Maltbys in mind.
Guys who go under the skin of opponents with super annoying speed and grit.
Sure... scoring 25 goals on top helps too.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:50 PM
  #225
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
Have you compared his stats to other 4th line players in the league?
No one takes as many dumb penalties as this guy does. At least from all the games I watch.

And how many players in the NHL have gone nearly 60 games without scoring a goal?

He just sucks, period. It was a terrible signing by Lombardi.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.