HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Sign Ethan Moreau [1 year, $600K]

Old
11-24-2011, 12:45 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
That's not what I'm talking about. Why aren't you guys bashing Clifford for his miss? Let me hear some Clifford bashing. If he had scored there, Moreau's penalty wouldn't have mattered.

If you're going to blame Moreau, you also need to blame Clifford. Not one of you chose to blame Clifford. Shame on you guys.

Didn't see the game is there a clip of Cliiford's miss?

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:59 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Clifford should probably be sent down. People have been saying that all season.
Agree 100%! Hasn't been the same since getting worked over by Ryan Reaves last year.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:02 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
That's not what I'm talking about. Why aren't you guys bashing Clifford for his miss? Let me hear some Clifford bashing. If he had scored there, Moreau's penalty wouldn't have mattered.

If you're going to blame Moreau, you also need to blame Clifford. Not one of you chose to blame Clifford. Shame on you guys.
If Clifford missed an empty net as often as Moreau takes dumb penalties, he would be villified as well.

Moreau is taking a high number of penalties despite having little ice time. That's bad.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Jetteroheller

Moreau is horrid, brings little to the team other than bad penalties at worse times. Worst signing in years.

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:14 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
RH63 View Post

There's a difference between having a lead and Clifford hitting the post, and holding a lead with 2 minutes to play and Moreau giving an unnecessary two handed chop that led to the tying goal.

If Moreau doesn't go retard with the penalty, Clifford's miss wouldn't mattered either, and we still win without giving up 2 points to a div. rival.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:52 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
If Clifford missed an empty net as often as Moreau takes dumb penalties, he would be villified as well.

Moreau is taking a high number of penalties despite having little ice time. That's bad.
Comparing Clifford missing empty netter to Moreau taking penalties is like comparing apples and oranges. Of course there are more opportunities for a minor infractions than there are for an empty net. Heck, some players go an entire season without an opportunity at an empty net. Can't say the same about a minor penalty.

And believe me, I'm not blaming Clifford or Moreau for the loss.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:52 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Agree 100%! Hasn't been the same since getting worked over by Ryan Reaves last year.
He played just fine in the playoffs when he led the Kings in playoff scoring while playing with Richardson and Simmonds. I think he needs some speedy forwards to play with that can create opportunities for him to finish.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 07:47 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree because I don't think he's been as horrible as you guys are painting him out to be. He gets a pass in my book.

I just think guys like to pick on Moreau, Penner, Stoll and Parse as easy target and you guys are taking jabs at them. Believe me, if Moreau had missed an open netter much like Clifford did tonight, you guys would be all over the guy. But since Clifford is well liked and Moreau isn't, you guys just choose to overlook an open netter that could have guaranteed a victory. Seriously, how many of you guys mentioned anything about how Clifford missed that easy goal?
Those guys are whipping boys for a reason.

Moreau: 4th liner who doesn't fight, doesn't score, and takes too many penalties

Penner: I believe he has scored two goals since he has been in L.A. He makes whatever line he's on worse. Unacceptable

Stoll: His all around play has been invisible this year. The 3rd line has by far been our worst line this year

Parse: He's touted as one of the most offensively talented guys on the roster but that never comes through on the ice. The guy is also insanely fragile.

As for Clifford, I've been saying that he deserves to be sent down for at least the past two weeks. He's not taking the body, driving the net, or cycling the puck. He's regressed.

At this point, for anyone to be making excuses for these guys is insane

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Scratch Moreau, send down Clifford

Call up Cliche. The guy deserves a chance.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
I thought Moreau looked pretty good down low against the boards the first few weeks of the season. I agree he has taken some dumb penalties as of late but in my opinion he is a guy who will shine once the playoffs come around.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
I thought Moreau looked pretty good down low against the boards the first few weeks of the season. I agree he has taken some dumb penalties as of late but in my opinion he is a guy who will shine once the playoffs come around.
If he is still playing on this team by the time playoffs come around I assure you it's another first round exit.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Maybe there is a a reason why he was waived by the worst team of the league.
Same copunts for hunter..........

I wonder what this strange love is about players who doesn't belong into this league.
I mean 400 years ago they forced Armstrong into a position he never could fill and it went on and on.
I wish the management would focus on hockeyplayers isntead on some off the ice skills.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Maybe there is a a reason why he was waived by the worst team of the league.
Same copunts for hunter..........

I wonder what this strange love is about players who doesn't belong into this league.
Have you compared his stats to other 4th line players in the league?

Old
11-24-2011, 12:00 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
If he is still playing on this team by the time playoffs come around I assure you it's another first round exit.
I was going to take thanksgiving off from the boards but I just couldn't resist your silly response.

If you think that Moreau and his 10 mins a game is the cause of our first round exit, then you obviously don't think a whole lot about our kings. Seriously, when are you guys going to realize that players make mistakes. Just because they're professional athletes doesn't mean they're immune from making mistakes. You guys make it so personal as if Moreau deliberately caused us to lose a game.

He got called for slashing. A two minute minor. Get over it!

Old
11-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Its also a plus that he is a former Clancy winner. Its always good to have a guy who won an award for leadership in the locker room, especially with some youngsters on the team.

Old
11-24-2011, 12:28 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
I was going to take thanksgiving off from the boards but I just couldn't resist your silly response.

If you think that Moreau and his 10 mins a game is the cause of our first round exit, then you obviously don't think a whole lot about our kings. Seriously, when are you guys going to realize that players make mistakes. Just because they're professional athletes doesn't mean they're immune from making mistakes. You guys make it so personal as if Moreau deliberately caused us to lose a game.

He got called for slashing. A two minute minor. Get over it!
Mistakes happen rarely. Moreau sinking his teams with bad penalties late in close games happens much too often to be called "mistakes". Common occurrence would be more accurate imo.

Or, oh no, we got "Moreau'd" again!

Or, "Im just getting off work now, Ill be there half past Moreau."

Dont worry, he usually has one game per year where he scores two or three goals.

There's always that to look forward to.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:29 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Mistakes happen rarely. Moreau sinking his teams with bad penalties late in close games happens much too often to be called "mistakes". Common occurrence would be more accurate imo.

Or, oh no, we got "Moreau'd" again!

Dont worry, he usually has one game per year where he scores two or three goals.

There's always that to look forward to.
And exactly, how many games has he caused us?

Old
11-24-2011, 12:32 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
And exactly, how many games has he caused us?
To be fair I blame Clifford more. I know the puck was sorta rolling. BUT MY GOD MAN, He is also a struggling forward. CLifford has to pot that goal, He has too. What if that was the Stanley Cup right there?

Clifford would be out of the Hockey World.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:36 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
To be fair I blame Clifford more. I know the puck was sorta rolling. BUT MY GOD MAN, He is also a struggling forward. CLifford has to pot that goal, He has too. What if that was the Stanley Cup right there?

Clifford would be out of the Hockey World.
I don't blame either but if the fans are going to blame Moreau, yeah, then they should also blame Clifford. They'll never do that because Clifford is well liked and not a whipping boy like Moreau.

Old
11-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Ollie Weeks

Clifford's also a kid, its easier to forgive mistakes with him. Moreau is the oldest guy on the squad. He should know better by now.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 02:48 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Clifford's also a kid, its easier to forgive mistakes with him. Moreau is the oldest guy on the squad. He should know better by now.
Seems like Clifford is struggling in his sophomore year kinda like Simmer did last season. I expect him to clear things up soon. Hopefully.

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:25 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
Seems like Clifford is struggling in his sophomore year kinda like Simmer did last season. I expect him to clear things up soon. Hopefully.
That wasn't Simmonds sophomore season last year, it was his third season. He actually improved in his 2nd year.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Some thoughts from this thread

- Clifford's missed net was bad, but the big difference is that is a physical mistake, you can live with that more than Moreau's penalties which are almost always mental mistakes. There is just no way a rookie should get away with the crap he has pulled this year, much less a veteran like him.

- RH, you clearly loved this signing during the summer. You even said Moreau might be your favorite player. Has he lived up to your expectations. Because he clearly has lived up to mine and many of the Oilers fans who posted about him. He has been the Kings worst acquisition since Randy Jones. And atleast Jones provided some offense.

- Ziggy could use youtubes to make anyone look decent, I am convinced of it. I am even more shocked that there were even that many videos about Ethan Moreau on youtube.

- Ethan Moreau sucks.

- The money could have been better spent on 600k things off the McDonald's dollar menu.

- Happy Thanksgiving

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
i don't care whats going on at other teams.
But if we talk about 4th liners i have Drapers or McCarthys or Maltbys in mind.
Guys who go under the skin of opponents with super annoying speed and grit.
Sure... scoring 25 goals on top helps too.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
No one takes as many dumb penalties as this guy does. At least from all the games I watch.

And how many players in the NHL have gone nearly 60 games without scoring a goal?

He just sucks, period. It was a terrible signing by Lombardi.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote