HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sabres-Flames-Isles trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-21-2011, 02:23 PM
  #1
Maximrules
Registered User
 
Maximrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 301
vCash: 500
Sabres-Flames-Isles trade

I know it's Eklund, but:

"I'm hearing that Calgary has been discussing a possible trade with both the Sabres and Islanders. This is something that might go down as early as today or possibly over the weekend."

Out of curiosity, who do you think it might involve? it sounds like a 3-team trade so might it involve Iginla?

Just something to throw around since there isn't much going on.

Maximrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 02:26 PM
  #2
Flamesjustwin
Registered User
 
Flamesjustwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London ON
Posts: 595
vCash: 463
Zero chance it involves Iginla. Probably Nik Hagman for a pick.

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 02:26 PM
  #3
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,911
vCash: 500
Tom Kostopolous for John Tavares, and then Niklas Hagman for Thomas Vanek.

Try and prove to me this isn't the rumoured trade.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 02:56 PM
  #4
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximrules View Post
I know it's Eklund, but:

"I'm hearing that Calgary has been discussing a possible trade with both the Sabres and Islanders. This is something that might go down as early as today or possibly over the weekend."

Out of curiosity, who do you think it might involve? it sounds like a 3-team trade so might it involve Iginla?

Just something to throw around since there isn't much going on.
I never went on his site, but from everyone's reaction on different rumors, doesn't sound like he's a credible source. Why do people still go on his site?

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:00 PM
  #5
UConn126
Bass Player.
 
UConn126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
This will happen right after Doughty gets traded for Marchand. Gotta love Eklund.

UConn126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:05 PM
  #6
MyersMagic57*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,420
vCash: 500
Trading Morrisonn to the Isles for a late pick seems like a possibility since he is signed for one more year and doesn't fit in the Sabres defense or salary cap for next season. Out of all the viable teams that we could trade Morrisonn to, I think he would be the best fit for the Islanders

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:06 PM
  #7
FlamesFan6612
#timerixonwho?
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 368
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Tom Kostopolous for John Tavares, and then Niklas Hagman for Thomas Vanek.

Try and prove to me this isn't the rumoured trade.
More like Stajan for Tavares. Then its even.

FlamesFan6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:28 PM
  #8
Johnny Hockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Calgary Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 139
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux66lemieux View Post
More like Stajan for Tavares. Then its even.
Nah stajan isn't as good now but he will be better. Not sure I would give a 7th rounder for Tavares.

Johnny Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:31 PM
  #9
keslehr*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
Not a chance it will be true, but here's my predicted trade:

to

Hecht

to

Eaton
NYI 2012 7th round draft pick

to

CGY 2012 5th round draft pick

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:34 PM
  #10
The Illusive Man
Registered User
 
The Illusive Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
I never went on his site, but from everyone's reaction on different rumors, doesn't sound like he's a credible source. Why do people still go on his site?
Some people are dense enough to think he might actually start posting good info for once, I think he gets something right every thousand or so tries and it's usually really minor stuff.

The Illusive Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:35 PM
  #11
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,218
vCash: 355
I imagine if it is true it will involve Hagman and maybe Stajan going to the Islanders.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:38 PM
  #12
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,085
vCash: 500
The Islanders need a top 4 defenseman, so do either Flames or Buffalo have one they willing to trade

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:40 PM
  #13
HoshiBlitz
Registered User
 
HoshiBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red mile.
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslehr View Post
Not a chance it will be true, but here's my predicted trade:

to

Hecht

to

Eaton
NYI 2012 7th round draft pick

to

CGY 2012 5th round draft pick
Wait wahhhh? Hell to the no from Flames. Eaton wouldn't even crack our top 6 and would be behind Brodie too. Does not make sense.

HoshiBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:41 PM
  #14
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
In my opinion Isles desperately need proven star power such as Iginla. It could be a franchise changer for them. They need to start putting together a team for all those young players so that they get the fans back into the stands!

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:42 PM
  #15
keslehr*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoshiBlitz View Post
Wait wahhhh? Hell to the no from Flames. Eaton wouldn't even crack our top 6 and would be behind Brodie too. Does not make sense.
Like I said, I literally just made up a random trade, like Eklund does...

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:42 PM
  #16
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 24,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
In my opinion Isles desperately need proven star power such as Iginla. It could be a franchise changer for them. They need to start putting together a team for all those young players so that they get the fans back into the stands!
In order for that to happen the Flames would have to want to actively trade Iginla

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:44 PM
  #17
Canuckfan4Life2
Registered User
 
Canuckfan4Life2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslehr View Post
Like I said, I literally just made up a random trade, like Eklund does...
Actually lol


http://hockeyfuzz.ca/eklund-trade-generator/

Canuckfan4Life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:47 PM
  #18
octopi
Registered User
 
octopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 View Post
There's a better, funnier version of this that includes bobbleheads, buckets of fried chicken, zambonis and buckets of pucks.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:48 PM
  #19
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximrules View Post
...might go down as early as today or possibly over the weekend."
It's Sunday, Ek.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:49 PM
  #20
HoshiBlitz
Registered User
 
HoshiBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red mile.
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslehr View Post
Like I said, I literally just made up a random trade, like Eklund does...
Would've come up with some Iggy or JBo shiz like he usually does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 View Post
That is pretty awesome.

HoshiBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:52 PM
  #21
Canuckfan4Life2
Registered User
 
Canuckfan4Life2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
There's a better, funnier version of this that includes bobbleheads, buckets of fried chicken, zambonis and buckets of pucks.
Seriously lol,link?

Canuckfan4Life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:57 PM
  #22
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,459
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyersMagic57 View Post
Trading Morrisonn to the Isles for a late pick seems like a possibility since he is signed for one more year and doesn't fit in the Sabres defense or salary cap for next season. Out of all the viable teams that we could trade Morrisonn to, I think he would be the best fit for the Islanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslehr View Post
Not a chance it will be true, but here's my predicted trade:

to

Hecht

to

Eaton
NYI 2012 7th round draft pick

to

CGY 2012 5th round draft pick
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I imagine if it is true it will involve Hagman and maybe Stajan going to the Islanders.
None of this helps the Islanders.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:57 PM
  #23
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
In order for that to happen the Flames would have to want to actively trade Iginla
Don't forget the way in which Iginla was acquired. Though now Iginla is the older player. Of course Flames could probably wait a couple more years until he loses value.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 03:59 PM
  #24
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/rumourgen.htm
http://crazyweatherman.angelfire.com.../rumourgen.htm

Would be funny to make a blog on his site trolling him indirectly.

"I'm the neofury, I to have sources!"

Example post:

Elias to Rangers? (nf4)
According to my sources within the New Jersey Devils organization, the New York Rangers are willing to part with D Wade Redden, G Henrik Lundqvist, RW Marian Gaborik to obtain the services of LW Patrik Elias. Remember, you heard it here first!

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2011, 04:02 PM
  #25
octopi
Registered User
 
octopi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 30,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 View Post
Seriously lol,link?
Pretty sure it's the one in post 25.It's usually just players/picks but occasional it throws in one of the gag answers.

octopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.