HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Predicting Production: Cole Hard Facts

Old
08-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Fans expecting big numbers from Cole are not on the same wavelength as Gauthier and co. They didn't sign him expecting a big time sniper, they wanted a player that could(like Pacioretty after his return from AHL) complement the skill guys in the top 6, to create room for them and be a strong forechecker. Another benefit is it frees up a guy like AK to provide awesome depth on the 3rd line with guys like Eller, Desharnais and Darche against weaker opposition.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 09:33 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Because you want to define him that way.

Cole is added depth to our top 9. And it's this addition coupled with a few young players rising that will make Cole a good signing.

We have 7 players in Plex, Cam, Gio, Gomez, AK, Markov and Subban who are all good for at least 40 points on a full season.

But now, you can add Cole, and three young players in Pac, Eller or DD, which at least one of them should reach 40 on a full season.

So our range is at least 7 players at 40 points and that's a very reserved scenario. Habs could very well finish with 9 of them.

Good offense doesn't just come from high-end talent, it can also come from deep talente depth offense.

Cole also adds a potential 20 goal scorer, which gives us 5 guys who are all good for at least 20 goals in a full season, and at least one of the four young players in Pac, Subban, Eller and DD, could reach 20 goals.

Since the lockout, teams that have over 4 x 20 goals scorers and/or over 6 x 40 points producers, are usually a lock for the playoffs and have an offense at least a little over 3 GPG.

If Habs finish with 5 x 20+ goal scorers and 8 x 40+ point producers, you can bet they'll be in the top 5 in the east. And it is a likely scenario, unless we get an overload of injuries, worst than last season.
Factoring in 10% injury time all players, I'm still seeing 230 goals this year. And I'm being quite conservative.

And 200 against is a good assumption if CP stays healthy most of the season.

A 30 goal differential is quite possible, and should be good for 100 points. Top 5 conference.

I stand by my prediction, and if I am wrong, you can all line up poke me in the eye one time.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 10:02 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Factoring in 10% injury time all players, I'm still seeing 230 goals this year. And I'm being quite conservative.

And 200 against is a good assumption if CP stays healthy most of the season.

A 30 goal differential is quite possible, and should be good for 100 points. Top 5 conference.

I stand by my prediction, and if I am wrong, you can all line up poke me in the eye one time.
I stand by this prediction as well

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote