HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Purple/Gold Alternate Retro Jersey

Old
08-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Kule Aid Man

vCash: 500
Purple/Gold Alternate Retro Jersey

Hey guys, friendly Leaf fan here. In the past few years I've been slowly building a collection of jerseys I really like. My question to you is where would I be able to find this purple and yellow retro alternate jersey? It doesn't seem to be around too many places and I was looking to get a Doughty one in this style. I think it's just a real sharp and interesting jersey.

Anyways any help would be much appreciated, Thanks!

Kule Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The only place I've seen those jerseys for sale is at the actual Team LA store at Staples Center. Not sure why they aren't available online.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Mully12
John Jackson!

Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The only place I've seen those jerseys for sale is at the actual Team LA store at Staples Center. Not sure why they aren't available online.
I got one online around christmas time last year, I believe off of NHL.com's online store. Not sure if they are selling them anymore though, but they were sold online last year.

Mully12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

They no longer appear to be sold online, neither on NHL.com or the Team LA webstore.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:57 AM
Alternate Jersey

i'm afraid i don't have much to offer you, other than what these folks have already said. i've got the style jersey you're looking for, but i got it at the team la store as well. you might try calling them and see what they say, if you haven't already done that.

on another note, can i ask what jerseys you've collected so far?

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kule Aid Man View Post
Hey guys, friendly Leaf fan here. In the past few years I've been slowly building a collection of jerseys I really like. My question to you is where would I be able to find this purple and yellow retro alternate jersey? It doesn't seem to be around too many places and I was looking to get a Doughty one in this style. I think it's just a real sharp and interesting jersey.

The color is "forum blue and gold." The owner of the Kings at the time did not purple so he created the color "forum blue."

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
I believe they all sold out at the team store. They should be releasing more this up and coming season and they will be wearing them again 2 or 3 times. So best bet is to call the Team store inside Staples center in the Season.

son of earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:48 AM
KoopsKings

Quote:

I remember seeing a Robitaille in a sports shop on queen street. Head to the city, a few shops there with a bunch of retros.

KoopsKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:59 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
www.customthrowbackjerseys.com , $170 for a Doughty or your own name, they have a great selection, the site looks legit, maybe somebody else can confirm if these are the real deal or not cause they seem to have what other online stores don't.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 10:17 AM
EmperorPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
www.customthrowbackjerseys.com , $170 for a Doughty or your own name, they have a great selection, the site looks legit, maybe somebody else can confirm if these are the real deal or not cause they seem to have what other online stores don't.
They might be real jerseys but it looks like their numbers aren't quite accurate for the throwbacks. I noticed the 1's are too thin and the 2's are the wrong style right off the bat.

EmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 10:50 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorPenguin View Post
They might be real jerseys but it looks like their numbers aren't quite accurate for the throwbacks. I noticed the 1's are too thin and the 2's are the wrong style right off the bat.
I noticed the Doughty regular style home jersey had silver numbers.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 11:31 AM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
The jersey on that site isn't the throw back form this last season. It is more like the original the new throw backs have purple on the bottom the ones on the site have gold. They are legit throw backs from this last season. The number and lettering are different as well.

son of earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 11:50 AM
EmperorPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of earl View Post
The jersey on that site isn't the throw back form this last season. It is more like the original the new throw backs have purple on the bottom the ones on the site have gold. They are legit throw backs from this last season. The number and lettering are different as well.
Yeah I just noticed those throwbacks are CCM not reebok. I noticed the numbering on some other teams jerseys is off too. That would drive me up the wall if I owned those jerseys.

EmperorPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I bought an original 67 jersey with no numbers from that site 2 years ago for a Christmas present. Good quality, but as others have said the numbers are a little off on some of them.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:19 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

The Kings never offered for sale the authentic purple and gold jersey from last season, unless you were willing to cough up at least $1500 for a game worn jersey.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Kule Aid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
They no longer appear to be sold online, neither on NHL.com or the Team LA webstore.
LOL! Love the avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
The color is "forum blue and gold." The owner of the Kings at the time did not purple so he created the color "forum blue."
Haha.. gotta love colour names..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopsKings View Post
I remember seeing a Robitaille in a sports shop on queen street. Head to the city, a few shops there with a bunch of retros.
Not sure if you're talking about Queen St. in Toronto? But possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The Kings never offered for sale the authentic purple and gold jersey from last season, unless you were willing to cough up at least $1500 for a game worn jersey.
Darn.. and they didn't have a premiere style as some previous posters stated they had bought?

Old
08-22-2011, 01:39 PM
KoopsKings

Yes I was talking about queen st. in toronto. Says you are from Mississauga so I figured you knew what I meant.

KoopsKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:58 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Darn.. and they didn't have a premiere style as some previous posters stated they had bought?
All I ever saw at the Team LA store were CCM replicas that were definitely not the same lavel of quality as the authentic Reebok jerseys.

Perhaps we could interest you in the authentic black and white POC they will be wearing this season?

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
seeing Smyth on thet picture reminds me of the Smyth debacle.........

does anyone how Bettman decided ???
Or is there a descission yet ???

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Kule Aid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
All I ever saw at the Team LA store were CCM replicas that were definitely not the same lavel of quality as the authentic Reebok jerseys.

Perhaps we could interest you in the authentic black and white POC they will be wearing this season?
hmm.. that's a shame, I do like your other jersey's too but now this almost makes me want the purple and gold one more. They really should sell those I think they'd fly off the shelves.

Oh well I guess I'll just keep lookin out for a similar one.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, and good luck next season!

Old
08-22-2011, 11:22 PM
MxH0CKEY

A few months back I had bought a brand new authentic Doughty throwback on EBay for $70. Has the fightstrap and everything. Can't wait to wear it on Oct. 27th!

EDIT: Check on Letsgokings.com section of EBay sales on Kings products, I had frequently looked over there, and through links and links it lead to me to the vintage jersey I bought.

MxH0CKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Kule Aid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
A few months back I had bought a brand new authentic Doughty throwback on EBay for $70. Has the fightstrap and everything. Can't wait to wear it on Oct. 27th!

EDIT: Check on Letsgokings.com section of EBay sales on Kings products, I had frequently looked over there, and through links and links it lead to me to the vintage jersey I bought.
Wow.. I'm jealous. I will for sure be checking that out. Just downloaded the Demo of NHL 12 today and both the L.A. player pictures in it are with that jersey.. I want it so bad!