HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Derrick Brassard To the Leafs

Old
08-22-2011, 03:24 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Derrick Brassard To the Leafs

We all know that you guys finally have the first line center in Carter and johanssen I am assuming will be knocking for a spot in the upcoming training camp but even then I am curious what would be the price for Brassard.

We are very thin in that area and brassard during his draft year was known for his playmaking ability.

Would something around Grabovski or Gunnarsson?

Thanks

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 08-22-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Richards?

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:35 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Richards?

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:36 AM
tututooter21

Not richards, Carter, like he/she said ^^^.

Probably a 2nd and a defenceman or maybe Liles himself

tututooter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 03:39 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I apologize for the typo folks lol, late night hah

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Freudian
Regress to meanness

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I apologize for the typo folks lol, late night hah
We're used to Leaf fans spelling the names of their own players wrong (Gunnersson, Kulemen, Lupol) so there is no need to apologize.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:16 AM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
We all know that you guys finally have the first line center in Carter and johanssen I am assuming will be knocking for a spot in the upcoming training camp but even then I am curious what would be the price for Brassard.

We are very thin in that area and brassard during his draft year was known for his playmaking ability.

Would something around Grabovski or Gunnarsson?

Thanks
It doesn't make sense to take a step back with Grabovski to Brassard but if they were willing to take Gunnarsson and a pick or prospect for him, it would work for the Leafs. I'm not sure how the Blue Jackets view Brassard right now though. With Carter a top 6 center for them now and the future and Johanssen the heir to the other center spot for the future, he might be available but they could just as likely want to keep him for depth.

Gunnarsson could fill a nice 2nd PP dman spot insulated behind the first powerplay.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Paradingwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
We're used to Leaf fans spelling the names of their own players wrong (Gunnersson, Kulemen, Lupol) so there is no need to apologize.
Wondering what the point of this comment was? Bored today? Should we troll all post looking for people spelling players names wrong and make dumb comments about it? Sounds like fun

As far as the trade goes, No way on Grabovski, Gunnarsson and a pick maybe, but I don't really see a need for him at this point.

Paradingwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:37 AM
FrozenJagrt

Quote:
Colbourne, Shenn, Grabovsky, Fransen, Nazim, McArthur, Crosbey

FrozenJagrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:55 AM
MastuhNinks

The Leafs aren't thin at center they're just missing a number one guy. Connolly, Grabo, Bozak, Lombardi, Dupuis, Colborne (soon) and possibly Kadri is not what I would call thin.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves View Post
Wondering what the point of this comment was? Bored today? Should we troll all post looking for people spelling players names wrong and make dumb comments about it? Sounds like fun

As far as the trade goes, No way on Grabovski, Gunnarsson and a pick maybe, but I don't really see a need for him at this point.
To be fair - yes right now Brassard is a small step back from Grabo, but Brassard is only 23. At the same age Grabo was being shuffled between the NHL and the AHL. Brassard is a legit top 6 forward with loads of skill and potential. Gunnarsson doesn't give the Blue Jackets anything they don't already have.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Monk

Really doubt Brass is going anywhere until Johansen has proven himself in the NHL.

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Woll Smoth

Quote:
Desperate troll is desperate.

Woll Smoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Really doubt Brass is going anywhere until Johansen has proven himself in the NHL.
that ^

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Leafidelity
Way she goes...

vCash: 1775
Pass. Trading Grabovski for Brassard is a downgrade.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Paradingwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
To be fair - yes right now Brassard is a small step back from Grabo, but Brassard is only 23. At the same age Grabo was being shuffled between the NHL and the AHL. Brassard is a legit top 6 forward with loads of skill and potential. Gunnarsson doesn't give the Blue Jackets anything they don't already have.
I don't know about it only being a small downgrade. Grabo showed not only a lot of skill last year but huge amounts of grit and heart. Taking two huge hits from Chara that would have sent most players to the showers to come back and score 2 goals. Scoring a goal off his face, on a slap shot no less and not missing a shift. Grabo's very underrated for his grit and toughness. He takes a beating almost every night and just keeps going. I admit I don't watch much of Brassard but I don't think he has anywhere near the grit Grabovski shows.

Also the being shuffled can have a lot to do with the organisation. For example Columbus has been extremely weak at centre since they entered the league so it's easier for Brassard to make the team than Grabovski in Montreal. Maybe Brassard doesn't get a chance so early in Montreal either? But I wouldn't use those facts to assess ability or potential.

Paradingwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:45 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

I dont get why Gunnarson is "sooooooo goood" yet he's continually getting shopped by the ever loving leaf nation

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 12:53 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

We have Carter, Brassard, Vermette, Pahlsson and MacKenzie... all centers. Plus Johansen and in the future Jenner with Tynan. But we need a winger-playmaker because our young wingers are either scorers or powerforwards (I am not sure with Straka maybe he is especially playmaker but I do not know). Do Leafs similar young winger? If not so first draft pick.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:05 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I dont get why Gunnarson is "sooooooo goood" yet he's continually getting shopped by the ever loving leaf nation
He's not "sooooooo goood" but he is a very solid defenseman that at times has been one of the best on the team. He is shopped so much by fans because many feel he is expendable due to the guys we have in the current lineup, as well as the prospects we have knocking on the door.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:13 PM
LeafsYoungGuns

I really like Brassard. That being said I don't think we should sell the farm for him but if a reasonable deal could be worked out Id be all for it. Maybe it could start with Mac.

LeafsYoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

Just when he thought he was safe after Neal got dealt to the Pens, you want to make him risk another crippling shoulder injury by sending him out east as well?

I'm hoping Brass does well in C-bus this year.

08-22-2011, 01:21 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
that ^
Thirded

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Loophol was the best one I've ever seen.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Toronto could possibly get this done if they gambled a first. Not exactly a sound strategy given what happened with the Kessel deal but I have to imagine Columbus management would think maybe Toronto would bomb out again. Otherwise I can really only see Columbus interested in Lupul or maybe Biggs and second.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradingwolves View Post
I don't know about it only being a small downgrade. Grabo showed not only a lot of skill last year but huge amounts of grit and heart. Taking two huge hits from Chara that would have sent most players to the showers to come back and score 2 goals. Scoring a goal off his face, on a slap shot no less and not missing a shift. Grabo's very underrated for his grit and toughness. He takes a beating almost every night and just keeps going. I admit I don't watch much of Brassard but I don't think he has anywhere near the grit Grabovski shows.

Also the being shuffled can have a lot to do with the organisation. For example Columbus has been extremely weak at centre since they entered the league so it's easier for Brassard to make the team than Grabovski in Montreal. Maybe Brassard doesn't get a chance so early in Montreal either? But I wouldn't use those facts to assess ability or potential.
My main point was that with 4 more years of development there is a very good chance that Brassard will be a better offensive player then Grabo. As for grit, sure Grabo's grittier but from an offensive talent perspective I think Brassard will be the better of the 2 in 2/3 years

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote