HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJ's D Prospects for a #2c

Old
08-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Boondock

vCash: 500
I think the Urbom + 2nd for Brassard is actually a pretty good deal for both teams. With the acquisition of Carter, the inevitable emergence of Johansen and Vermette and Umberger being able to play both W and C, Brassard could be expendable. The Blue Jackets could use an NHL ready defensive prospect and the 2012 draft is pretty strong so that pick could become a pretty useful player. Good proposal.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 09:52 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Highly, highly doubtful. But it doesn't matter, IMO.

Losing a center for eight weeks to start the season does not require a trade.

Every action does not require a reaction. Or, more specifically, an over-reaction.

What happens if Zajac returns in November...and simultaneously, Elias goes down for several weeks? Another trade? (Rhetorical question. Answer: no.)

Rushing out to trade young assets for a center now assumes failure. It assumes no trust in one's players....before a puck is even dropped to open camp, let alone a single shift, period of game is played.

NJD will first try, correctly, to cover up for the loss of Zajac to start the season with internal remedies (read: leaning on its own players to overcome the challenge). If that fails and/or Zajac is out for many months, then you ponder moves. Not on August 23rd.

Just my opinion.
Waiting until there are no other options before exploring ones available to you is a guarantee of failure. New Jersey very well might not choose to try bolster their center depth through the trade market, but only an incredibly incompetent GM would deliberately ignore the market and assume they'll find something internally. I don't expect the Devils to make a trade to cover for Zajac, but I fully expect Lou to see what's out there in the market, and check up on what the costs to obtain replacements might be. History suggests they'll find an internal replacement, but you start looking at your trade options now, not the day you figure out you don't have a replacement. Otherwise you'll end up making a terrible trade because you're desperate and need help now.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Waiting until there are no other options before exploring ones available to you is a guarantee of failure. New Jersey very well might not choose to try bolster their center depth through the trade market, but only an incredibly incompetent GM would deliberately ignore the market and assume they'll find something internally. I don't expect the Devils to make a trade to cover for Zajac, but I fully expect Lou to see what's out there in the market, and check up on what the costs to obtain replacements might be. History suggests they'll find an internal replacement, but you start looking at your trade options now, not the day you figure out you don't have a replacement. Otherwise you'll end up making a terrible trade because you're desperate and need help now.
After training camp starts, nobody makes trades of any consequence until sometime in November at the earliest. Good luck to Lou if he goes looking for one between now and then.

I think he will ride out Zajac's injury with internal promotion. His history strongly suggests it.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 10:15 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
After training camp starts, nobody makes trades of any consequence until sometime in November at the earliest. Good luck to Lou if he goes looking for one between now and then.

I think he will ride out Zajac's injury with internal promotion. His history strongly suggests it.
As I said, history suggests he'll ride out the injury, just like he did with Parise last year. That said, he's certainly poking around, checking the prices on various players.

Old
08-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
how about a deal around Lars Eller for Nick Palmieri ?
Eller is worth way more then Palmieri

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 11:05 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Waiting until there are no other options before exploring ones available to you is a guarantee of failure.
One recognizes that for some "TRADES!" are the kneejerk solution to all problems, real, or as in this case, imagined. That said....

You might wish to re-read my original post. I stated that feeling any need whatsoever to make a trade now is unwarranted and over-reactive. (And it's not going to happen; bet on that.)

You are advocating looking around to see what might be available down the road. If that floats your boat, great; I'm not here to challenge that suggestion.

However, it is quite a different point than the one I made and repeated here.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
How about Urbom + 2nd for Brassard? I typically wouldn't like trading Brass unless it means a roster defenseman or winger is coming back, but I really like Urbom.
I was thinking both. Brass for Tedenby+Salvador.

I like Urbom too, but how many D prospects do we really need?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I was thinking both. Brass for Tedenby+Salvador.

I like Urbom too, but how many D prospects do we really need?
Tedenby isn't moving, and Salvador may or may not be a vegetable. I don't think that deal would happen.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:24 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Brassard is a bit streaky, but he's an improvement on the nothing we've got there. Though, I wouldn't be happy letting go of Tedenby + Salvador could be ****ed and CLS won't want that. CLS still need d prospects or?

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:25 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
I'd like Filpulla, but not giving up those 2.

no thanks to Stajan.
40pt 27 y/o two-way center signed for two years that fits perfectly into the Devils system and can slide into a #2 or #3 role long term is the kind of guy you give up 2 players like that for. The Devils have 2 years to figure out a long term deal for the kid, there's potential for improvement, and he's coming into his best years.

Detroit isn't going to let him go cheap when they're looking to make a run for the cup themselves. Henrique is a downgrade and fills the gap. Urbom improves the defense long term and MAYBE makes it worth it to downgrade to Henrique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
How about Urbom + 2nd for Brassard? I typically wouldn't like trading Brass unless it means a roster defenseman or winger is coming back, but I really like Urbom.
Doesn't Columbus have injury issues themselves with Huselius thus being the reason why they signed Prospal? Why would they trade a forward now? It seems like they'ed need a forward back in order to make it work. Besides they've got Moore, Savard and Goloubef.

Winnipeg has a solution for you.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=972575

Last edited by vipernsx: 08-24-2011 at 11:07 AM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Huffer

vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post

Winnipeg has a solution for you.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=972575
Winnipeg is not trading Little.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 11:37 AM
Finnish your Czech
I love Olli Jokinen

vCash: 50
Bozak for a 3rd
Pierre Marc Bouchard for Fayne and a 2nd (if he isn't injured)
Lombardi for a 1st (if he's Not injured, and you guys are in a playoff position)

Finnish your Czech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 11:42 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Winnipeg is not trading Little.
not even a little bit of a chance they might?

Old
08-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Huffer

vCash: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
not even a little bit of a chance they might?
Have you looked at our centre depth? Who plays centre if we deal Little?

The only way Little gets moved is if the deal is so ridiculous that Chevy has to take it. Think 1st round picks and blue chip prospects.

Basically if Little is moved, we are throwing in the towel before the season starts.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 12:19 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Have you looked at our centre depth? Who plays centre if we deal Little?

The only way Little gets moved is if the deal is so ridiculous that Chevy has to take it. Think 1st round picks and blue chip prospects.

Basically if Little is moved, we are throwing in the towel before the season starts.
Atlanta has made the playoffs only once in their franchise history where they were ousted quickly in the first round. The team hasn't changed greatly since last year. To say that a change or at least something of a rebuild or retooling is necessary isn't a stretch. To tank from afar rather than in front of the fans wouldn't be the worst idea.

Henrique, Urbom and maybe a pick depending on if they agree if little is a 30+ pt guy or if he's a 50+ pt guy.

for

Bryan Little

Then if you really want to, trade Oduya and a pick to the Islanders for Josh Bailey. They need a top4 defender and they're iffy on Bailey who plays center and they have extra forwards.

Old
08-24-2011, 12:23 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish your Czech View Post
Pierre Marc Bouchard for Fayne and a 2nd (if he isn't injured)
The Wild don't want any more bottom pairing defensemen, we already have 4-8 prospects projected for bottom 4 duties. Bouchard's concussion history means he's a lot more valuable to the team he's playing for than to anyone else. The Wild can't afford to give up one of their two real playmakers from their top 6 until Granlund comes over next year.

The only centers the Wild can offer are Cullen and Brodziak. We'd take a second for Brodz, and I'm not sure what Cullen's price is.