HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer shield/cage combo question

Old
04-13-2011, 11:37 AM
JSand

vCash: 500
Bauer shield/cage combo question

Does anyone know whether I can remove the wire cage portion from a Bauer 920 Deluxe combo shield/cage? My hope is to be able to attach just the shield portion of the combo to a second helmet I have when coaching my kids on ice. I always wear a full cage when playing. The shield portion of the combo looks nearly identical (save for the screw holes on the side to attach the wire cage) to the Bauer HLC Half Shield. Thanks.

J

JSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2011, 02:36 PM
kr580

Send a message via AIM to kr580
I have the 920 and you definitely can separate the cage from the visor. I'm not sure how well it'd work with just the visor though as it doesn't really have proper holes to mount it as a standalone visor. You might be able to get one screw in on each side which would be good enough, but I'm not sure if it would line up for any given helmet.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2011, 09:31 PM
emgsa85

I have the same combo shield. I've looked at the HLC half shield and it seems like it comes with straps and button screws like the 920... the HLC just has the straps to fasten the visor to the helmet. you can get a kit from bauer to get the correct length straps online for a low price I believe. I hope this helps

emgsa85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2011, 06:40 PM
mhkehoe

I had the Itech combo of that 10 years ago, and I remember just taking it off the cage and attaching the visor to the helmet. That was a long time ago though.

mhkehoe is offline   Reply With Quote