HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Healthy Hodgson looms large in Canucks’ plans

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-09-2011, 03:49 PM
  #151
rye&ginger
Registered User
 
rye&ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
I'd prefer him take another month off, and then play a few games in the AHL before his return, so he is more rested and prepared for the long season, and there is no fatigue factor before the 2012 playoffs.
Taking more time off means his rehab and training program just takes longer to get to the goals. It is a negative and not a positive benefit to take 'another month off' for no reason.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 04:34 PM
  #152
Proto
Registered User
 
Proto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Both are pretty common for vegetarian diets and healthy diets in general. Kale is very healthy and tastes fine. Quinoa is just a grain/cereal and tastes pretty good, depending on what you do with it.

Drop by the Foundation on Main St sometime and you'll get plenty of both of those things, as well as the other stuff on Hodgson's list. I'm the furthest thing from a vegetarian, but their veggie burgers and pastas are great, and the nachos are probably some of the best in the city. If you haven't been you're missing out. Dirt cheap too.
Quinoa is great if you know how to make a salad with it. For those unfamiliar it sounds like "keen-wah", so you may have heard of it without realizing it.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 05:09 PM
  #153
jammyrft
Registered User
 
jammyrft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Up North eh
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,995
vCash: 500
quinoa is a great substitute for rice

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 05:23 PM
  #154
billvanseattle
Registered User
 
billvanseattle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bellingham
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Well, we probably will have a scoring problem until Kesler gets back, but this is ridiculous, IMO.
Not quite sure what you objected to. If Cody is centering the 2nd line for a couple of weeks, (and probably the 2nd PP) and is projected to only have a 25-30 pt season, you don't think he will be going back to the Wolves as soon as Kesler is healthy? CoHo needs to start being an NHL player this year, IMHO. would be overjoyed is that is a 50 pt season, but there is a big difference between getting 35-40 on the 3rd line, and projecting out to 25-30 on the 2nd.

I can also see Cody centering the 2nd line with Kesler taking the faceoffs, and Cody centering the 3rd, with Maholtra taking the faceoffs.

billvanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 05:25 PM
  #155
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
I believe AV has already made up his mind about Cody, and will never give him a real chance. Just like he did with Grabner.
Grabner did so get a chance, it just took a while. He was riding shotgun with Raymond and Kesler until he got injured while playing soccer as part of his warm-up. When he came back from injury he has to get back in to shape and re-prove himself so to speak. Nothing wrong with that.

AV does give players chances, he just makes them earn it. I have no problem with the way he does things in that regard. People were *****ing about Hansen a couple years back too, now he's proved himself and has become an intricate part of this team. AV isn't handing anyone a roster spot, he makes em work for it. The only unfortunate thing with AV is once your in the doghouse, it almost seems like you need a fresh season to reset that. I don't think Hodgson was in the dog house, that spot was reserved for Ballard. But with a new season they each have a clean slate with the coach, how they do will be based on them.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 05:28 PM
  #156
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Grabner did so get a chance, it just took a while. He was riding shotgun with Raymond and Kesler until he got injured while playing soccer as part of his warm-up. When he came back from injury he has to get back in to shape and re-prove himself so to speak. Nothing wrong with that.

AV does give players chances, he just makes them earn it. I have no problem with the way he does things in that regard. People were *****ing about Hansen a couple years back too, now he's proved himself and has become an intricate part of this team. AV isn't handing anyone a roster spot, he makes em work for it. The only unfortunate thing with AV is once your in the doghouse, it almost seems like you need a fresh season to reset that. I don't think Hodgson was in the dog house, that spot was reserved for Ballard. But with a new season they each have a clean slate with the coach, how they do will be based on them.
Agreed.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 05:28 PM
  #157
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billvanseattle View Post
Not quite sure what you objected to. If Cody is centering the 2nd line for a couple of weeks, (and probably the 2nd PP) and is projected to only have a 25-30 pt season, you don't think he will be going back to the Wolves as soon as Kesler is healthy? CoHo needs to start being an NHL player this year, IMHO. would be overjoyed is that is a 50 pt season, but there is a big difference between getting 35-40 on the 3rd line, and projecting out to 25-30 on the 2nd.

I can also see Cody centering the 2nd line with Kesler taking the faceoffs, and Cody centering the 3rd, with Maholtra taking the faceoffs.
This is the only part I disagree with. People think there is some rush with Hodgson, but there isn't. If he doesn't prove anything at the NHL level this year that's fine, most prospects are still trying to prove themselves at the AHL level at his age. If he makes a leap forward in his development this year I'll be happy. Whether that's as a 50 pt. 2nd liner, a 25 pt 3rd liner, or a PPG AHL player is yet to be seen (any of those I'd consider a successful year for him).

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 05:41 PM
  #158
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Hodgson just off 30pts in 53 AHL games (Couture, Turris, Kadri for example are well above these #s) and 3 points in 23 NHL regular season and playoff games. Realistically, the expectation should be for a full season in the AHL with the occasional call up for injuries and a permanent call up IF he lights it up in the AHL. He also needs to light it up in pre-season to make the team from Day 1. Otherwise, its point blank favouritism which is fine for 1-2 months until mgmt is forced to admit he's not ready or finds a more palatable reason like lack of cap space which Wetcoaster alluded to in this thread (in which case he might indeed start the season with the Canucks as a sub for Raymond).

Outside99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 06:19 PM
  #159
Jay Cee
P4G
 
Jay Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Hodgson just off 30pts in 53 AHL games (Couture, Turris, Kadri for example are well above these #s) and 3 points in 23 NHL regular season and playoff games. Realistically, the expectation should be for a full season in the AHL with the occasional call up for injuries and a permanent call up IF he lights it up in the AHL. He also needs to light it up in pre-season to make the team from Day 1. Otherwise, its point blank favouritism which is fine for 1-2 months until mgmt is forced to admit he's not ready or finds a more palatable reason like lack of cap space which Wetcoaster alluded to in this thread (in which case he might indeed start the season with the Canucks as a sub for Raymond).
Finally, some sanity in this thread.

Those are my expectations as they stand, and I am more than happy to be surprised if he makes a big turn around this year. To suggest that he DESERVES a spot or the coaching staff is holding him back is ludicrous though. He simply hasn't shown it yet. Of course injuries could make things a bit more interesting in the way of roster spots.

Jay Cee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 06:25 PM
  #160
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyatt4God View Post
Finally, some sanity in this thread.

Those are my expectations as they stand, and I am more than happy to be surprised if he makes a big turn around this year. To suggest that he DESERVES a spot or the coaching staff is holding him back is ludicrous though. He simply hasn't shown it yet. Of course injuries could make things a bit more interesting in the way of roster spots.
Im curious as to what if anything guys like Glass, Oreskovich, Schaefer, Volpatti or whatever other plug they gave a shot to earned.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 06:31 PM
  #161
Jay Cee
P4G
 
Jay Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
This is a circular argument.

If CoHo is on the 4th line and doesn't stick out it was because the coaching staff didn't give him a chance and he's not suited for his role. If CoHo doesn't at least get a spot on the team, "inferior" players are making the team ahead of him.

The boosters have something to complain about either way.

Jay Cee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 06:51 PM
  #162
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Hodgson just off 30pts in 53 AHL games (Couture, Turris, Kadri for example are well above these #s) and 3 points in 23 NHL regular season and playoff games. Realistically, the expectation should be for a full season in the AHL with the occasional call up for injuries and a permanent call up IF he lights it up in the AHL. He also needs to light it up in pre-season to make the team from Day 1. Otherwise, its point blank favouritism which is fine for 1-2 months until mgmt is forced to admit he's not ready or finds a more palatable reason like lack of cap space which Wetcoaster alluded to in this thread (in which case he might indeed start the season with the Canucks as a sub for Raymond).
This is the first season he's come in healthy though. I agree he needs to earn a spot. Having said that, I'm pretty confident that he will.

vanwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
  #163
Edler Revived
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: VAncouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
http://video.thescore.com/watch/the-offseason-promo

fun video hype around the roberts training advantage..

Edler Revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:21 PM
  #164
KDizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris bound Edler View Post
http://video.thescore.com/watch/the-offseason-promo

fun video hype around the roberts training advantage..
Jesus H. Christ did you see that box jump from Stamkos?

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:28 PM
  #165
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris bound Edler View Post
http://video.thescore.com/watch/the-offseason-promo

fun video hype around the roberts training advantage..
Hey something on the Score I'll actually watch

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:00 PM
  #166
Callhee
Embrace the hate.
 
Callhee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
Jesus H. Christ did you see that box jump from Stamkos?
Did he jump 4.5-5' straight up from a stand still?

Callhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:08 PM
  #167
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir604 View Post
Did he jump 4.5-5' straight up from a stand still?
but ... but pop. culture taught me



Anyone think Stamkos & Woody Harrelson look similar?


Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:11 PM
  #168
KDizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrir604 View Post
Did he jump 4.5-5' straight up from a stand still?
Looks like he had a bit of a running start.
Still impressive.

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:44 PM
  #169
LeftCoast
Registered User
 
LeftCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Both are pretty common for vegetarian diets and healthy diets in general. Kale is very healthy and tastes fine. Quinoa is just a grain/cereal and tastes pretty good, depending on what you do with it.

Drop by the Foundation on Main St sometime and you'll get plenty of both of those things, as well as the other stuff on Hodgson's list. I'm the furthest thing from a vegetarian, but their veggie burgers and pastas are great, and the nachos are probably some of the best in the city. If you haven't been you're missing out. Dirt cheap too.
Quinoa - makes a really nice salad. Cook it like rice, then chill. Serve with cilantro, corn, green onion, fresh tomato and avacado. Dess with lime juice, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and a touch of sesame oil. Diced mango also goes nice.


Kale - I just put it in fruit smoothies.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:02 PM
  #170
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
This is Hodgson's year to either **** or get off the pot.

After this season, there will be a lot less wiggle room in projecting his future.

Here's hoping for everyone's sake that he shines.

  Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:13 PM
  #171
Basso
Registered User
 
Basso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Predicting Cody will have 30 + points this year. I'd be really happy with that.

Basso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.