HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Maple Leaf Goalie to Oilers

Old
08-24-2011, 04:43 AM
Chungo

vCash: 500
Maple Leaf Goalie to Oilers

Hypothetically speaking:

If both Reimer and Gustavsson prove to be consistant Goalies throughout the season with a save % 91-91.5. Also Scrivens or Rynnas playing in a back-up role.

What would Edmonton value Gustavsson/Reimer at in terms of offensive prospects, players or picks?

Chungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 05:00 AM
Bauxjangles

Would depend on how dubnyk does in goal for edmonton but if they have a good team and need a goalie badly i could see a first and it being a mid pick

Bauxjangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 06:08 AM
VayaConDios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauxjangles View Post
i could see a first

VayaConDios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 06:13 AM
nzoilerfan

IF something like that were to happen, what are Toronto's biggest line-up holes? The oilers would likely look to see if they can offer something in that regard.

The Oilers will be very unlikely to deal their first or second round picks due to the success they have been having there. Remember it is a very very deep draft coming up. And the oilers will be unlikely to deal their pick if their top pick especially if it is going to be in the top half of the first round.

I think the oilers would rather look to pick up a cost effective option rather than paying anything major for a goalie. They believe in Dubnyk, and are being very careful with him. And Danis is a capable second option when/if Khabibulin goes down. Behined that they have a few very good goaltending prospects they are quite high on.

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 06:14 AM
nzoilerfan

Quote:
i could see a first
Not even close to a first.

Old
08-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Bauxjangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by VayaConDios View Post
I like how you take one part and laugh at it vut disregard the part of trading a goalie who put up great stats as the OP says it is a big what if trade and i also said it would only happen if the oilers lose faith i n dubnyk and he has a very bad year. Varlamov got a first and he gets injured if reimer is traded for lets say 20th overall pick and put up great numbers on the leafs how is that not fair not saying it will be this years first maybe next years. Look at the whole post before making a comment that doesn't contribute.

Old
08-24-2011, 06:24 AM
nzoilerfan

Quote:
I like how you take one part and laugh at it vut disregard the part of trading a goalie who put up great stats as the OP says it is a big what if trade and i also said it would only happen if the oilers lose faith i n dubnyk and he has a very bad year. Varlamov got a first and he gets injured if reimer is traded for lets say 20th overall pick and put up great numbers on the leafs how is that not fair not saying it will be this years first maybe next years. Look at the whole post before making a comment that doesn't contribute.
Lets remember that the Varlamov deal was a vast overpayment. Something I think we can all agree on is that Tambellini will not overpay for anything.

If Dubnyk has a bad year? then the oilers are in the bottom five of the league. Which means there is not a chance that the oilers would deal that pick for Reimer. probably no even the second.

Try Alex Plane and third or fourth.

Old
08-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Bauxjangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Lets remember that the Varlamov deal was a vast overpayment. Something I think we can all agree on is that Tambellini will not overpay for anything.

If Dubnyk has a bad year? then the oilers are in the bottom five of the league. Which means there is not a chance that the oilers would deal that pick for Reimer. probably no even the second.

Like i said only way it happens with a first is if the pick would turn to a later pick and would be next years pick meaning dubnyk would fail this season doubt it but could. And it would be in the offseason is they feel it will get them to playoffs. I agree varlamov was a massive overpayment and a player would probably come back but burk would search for a better offer then oilers will give

Also why wouls the leafs was another D we would want forwards imo

Old
08-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Smif

Quote:

So, you wouldn't trade a second for Reimer? Ok, let's move on from this fans opinion...

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 07:20 AM
tony d
Come along, Bort.

I can see Gustavsson going to the Oilers for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

08-24-2011, 07:35 AM
VelvetJones

Oilers aren't giving away draft picks until they become contenders.

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 08:17 AM
cori
Awesomesauce

Well, with so many young and potential goalies in our system, I'm sure Burke doesn't have plans to trade them when their value is still questionable, one season isn't enough. Ride with Reimer and Gustavsson for now, see how that goes, if one slips, we have Scrivens and Rynnas(who I don't think is remotely ready anytime soon) to call up and see. Best case scenario we have two talented goaltenders riding shotgun (ala Price/Halak, but I wouldn't say they're anything close right now), and trade one when their value is at their highest, instead of trading low when they still haven't seen much ice time.

With that being said, I'm not a fan of moving anyone so early, a 3rd or mid-late 2nd value is there at this time, especially when we haven't seen a glimpse of any ceiling. And if a team really wants one, they better overpay.

cori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 08:42 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Edmonton isn't trading anything of value for those goalies. Dubnyk is in the same boat as them right now and we still have Bulin for the mentor role. Yes he sucks, but apparently he is good with Dubnyk.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 09:10 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
Just trade Ben back home haha

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 09:53 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Edmonton isn't trading anything of value for those goalies. Dubnyk is in the same boat as them right now and we still have Bulin for the mentor role. Yes he sucks, but apparently he is good with Dubnyk.
This. The Oilers right now will have little to no interest in either Reimer or Gustavsson, they have their two goalies ready to go. Even if Dubs and Khabiboulin both falter, I can't see them giving up anything for Gustavsson, and not much for Reimer.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Paradingwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
Hypothetically speaking:

If both Reimer and Gustavsson prove to be consistant Goalies throughout the season with a save % 91-91.5. Also Scrivens or Rynnas playing in a back-up role.

What would Edmonton value Gustavsson/Reimer at in terms of offensive prospects, players or picks?
Probably not enough for us to consider trading either.

Paradingwolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Orange Thunder

Cant see Reimer getting dealt if they are so high on him
Gustavsson, I can see getting dealt

Orange Thunder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:16 AM
oilerfan1989*

TO is too high on reimer, they will not trade him at all. If he has a good year, good for him..

Do you think Edmonton would trade dubby if he had a great year? carried the team, not a chance.

reimer and dubbys value are about the same. (reimers value might be a little higher, but not by much ). They both have potential, but they are both unproven yet.

Im thinking there value would be a low 2nd,high 3rd and a mid-grade prospect.. But oilers/toronto are not willing to trade them because there potential is pretty high still.

People cant look at the varlamov trade, that was a massive over payment. and the avs didnt have any starting/backup goalies signed. so they had there hands tied and had to make a move..

anyways. lets stop the leaf/oiler proposals please.. Its going to turn into a troll fest like it always does

oilerfan1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I can see Gustavsson going to the Oilers for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Maybe a 2nd or 3rd in 2014, certainly not next year... Oilers wouldn't give up #31-40 for Gustavsson

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:30 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 50
I would love to get Reimer, and to a lesser extent, Gustaffson. However, we'd have to unload Khabi somewhere first, which would make any type of deal impossible.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:41 AM
PugFugly

Not that I think there's a chance this will happen, but I wonder what Edmonton would add if we took Khabibulin off their hands in a deal for Gustavsson (similar to the Lupul and Lombardi deals).

PugFugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
If you're going to toss out zingers, try to make them 1) readable, and 2) ones that can't be thrown back at you.

Trollin'.
wow

donkey'

IBLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelene View Post
Well, with so many young and potential goalies in our system, I'm sure Burke doesn't have plans to trade them when their value is still questionable, one season isn't enough. Ride with Reimer and Gustavsson for now, see how that goes, if one slips, we have Scrivens and Rynnas(who I don't think is remotely ready anytime soon) to call up and see. Best case scenario we have two talented goaltenders riding shotgun (ala Price/Halak, but I wouldn't say they're anything close right now), and trade one when their value is at their highest, instead of trading low when they still haven't seen much ice time.

With that being said, I'm not a fan of moving anyone so early, a 3rd or mid-late 2nd value is there at this time, especially when we haven't seen a glimpse of any ceiling. And if a team really wants one, they better overpay.
Well said. With Toronto having among the worst goaltending in the post-lockout Burke won't be in any rush to trade either Reimer or Gus.

Even if both player superb this year they still won't be proven enough commodities over a long enough stretch to go into the following season with just one of them.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
Hypothetically speaking:

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote