HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Training Camp Thread - Preseason Over Preds go 7-1 - Roster cutdown to 25

Old
09-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Fan4ever

vCash: 500
Besides Craig Smith who looked very good, who else stood out or who disappointed?

Fan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:59 PM
jfw

saw Legwand and Suter out at Drake's in Franklin just a little bit ago. They looked tired, so I bought their lunch.

jfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 02:28 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al from the North View Post
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I apologize in advance for my English since it's not my first language. I'm from Quebec City, Canada and I've been following the Quebec Junior Major League (commonly called the «Q») for several years now. Can somebody give me an update on Champagne, Bourque and Roussel.
I cant tell you much about Champagne and Roussel. But Bourque had a 2 great rookie games. Getting 4 assists in the first game. I really like Bourques style. His style and Lattas style will be fan favorites in NSH.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 02:37 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfw View Post
saw Legwand and Suter out at Drake's in Franklin just a little bit ago. They looked tired, so I bought their lunch.
Well played. And I'm glad they looked tired. It means they're committed.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:32 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Well played. And I'm glad they looked tired. It means they're committed.
:boggle:

not sure if I missed a joke or not... was just thinking he bought lunch for guys with a combined salary of $8 million a year...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

not sure if I missed a joke or not... was just thinking he bought lunch for guys with a combined salary of $8 million a year...
That's what I was thinking. I hope he atleast got a couple auto-graphs out of it.

Edit: Anybody know where I can find the list of players invited to the main camp?

Last edited by Everlong: 09-16-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 03:55 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Here ya go:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...g-camp-roster/

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:28 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

Wasn't thinking about the money. Only the respect. And I hope they were sweating blood from working too hard

And yes, at first I thought "don't those guys make ridiculous salaries?", but then I thought, "if they showed up to a bar that I happened to be in would I buy them a drink?" Yes... yes I would

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 05:52 PM
jfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Wasn't thinking about the money. Only the respect. And I hope they were sweating blood from working too hard

And yes, at first I thought "don't those guys make ridiculous salaries?", but then I thought, "if they showed up to a bar that I happened to be in would I buy them a drink?" Yes... yes I would
That's what I was thinking. Didn't care how much they make versus what I make. Just wanted to show appreciation for the job they do and show that the fans are excited about the upcoming season.

jfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:09 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
best thing ive heard all day

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Full team hits the ice today in three groups for the opening of training camp. Yesterday was physicals, fitness testing, and media day, but ended with a team dinner that featured a video tribute to Wade Belak to set the tone and let everyone know what the sticker on the back of their helmets represents - it drew a great compliment even from free agent defenseman Scott Valentine on Twitter.

Today the fun begins! Team is divided into three groups (see attachment for rosters) and hits the ice starting at 9:45 AM.

Mike Fisher (shoulder), Brodie Dupont (Achilles), Francis Bouillon (concussion), and Ben Ryan (groin) have not been cleared yet and will not participate today.

Hope to see you there!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011TrainingCamp_GroupRosters.pdf‎ (14.4 KB, 8 views)

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 09:51 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

To all that attend, please post your favorite pics and please give your impressions of the players. Thanks!!!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Because of the spawn of Satan known as biology lab reports, I won't be able to make it today. Please post some analysis and stuff.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Everlong
-

Thanks Slake for all the twitter updates. Very much appreciated.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:01 PM
hockey diva

I don't do Twitter. I WANT REPORTS PEOPLE! Who looked good, who didn't etc

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
seconded

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:49 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Trotz says this is the fittest team he's seen. Josi looked good, Weber was banging people. Weber and Suter gave out warm and fuzzy quotes to Cooper. Hillen, Josi, and Bourque looked fast. High tempo. Rinne looks solid.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 08:51 PM
urho

What do you think are Laaksos changes to start with the big club?

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 09:05 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
What do you think are Laaksos changes to start with the big club?
I say high. Trotz says he's due and there are 3 spots for 6 defensemen and the vets are Laakso, Bouillon, and Hillen.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
But...I was tweeting pictures too! Sorry, too tired to write a report right now. BFC summed up my tweets pretty well.

To elaborate on "Weber banging people", on the final drill of the third session (2 on 2 drill) Hornqvist turned Weber around in open ice and beat him to the net, the rebound went into the corner and Hornqvist and Weber immediately knew what was coming. Shea drilled Patric into the boards in front of Josh Cooper and Jim Diamond sitting in the media riser.

Scott Ford was a late scratch for unknown reasons. Jack Hillen moved from the second group to the third to replace Ford. Pickard and Engren each pulled double-duty today playing in 1.5 sessions due to their only being 5 goalies in camp. Each looked gassed by the time they left.

Very good pace to practice today. Lots of systems introduced and a lot of skating as well. Multiple players tweeted afterwards that their legs were dead and a couple described the practice as being similar to a bag skate.

Seeing Josi and Hillen run some drills together in the third session, I think they've got the inside track on the third pairing for opening night and struggle to believe that many teams in the NHL are fast enough to establish a consistent forecheck on them.

Beck and Bourque really continued to show chemistry together pairing up in the third session. Played a lot with Smithson as their center in line drills...didn't slow them down...

Craig Smith continues to impress. Kostitsyn, Legwand, and Tootoo stood out as very veteran players in the second group. Kyle Wilson and Zack Stortini each had good sessions as well. Jusso Puustinen is legit. Very skilled, but not particularly flashy...just gets the job done.

Laakso looked very good and has definitely come a long way in the last few years. Scott Valentine impressed me too with a strong skating stride, a hard shot from the point, and playing a simple physical brand of defense.

Too many guys to mention. Erat and Bergfors looked good. Really don't think there were too many guys that looked bad today, but then again I try not to form negative opinions after just one showing either.

OK, gonna grab some dinner...did 10 hours at the rink today (5 hours for the Preds, 3 for Vandy-Memphis game, 2 hours in-between) and back at it in the morning. Hockey season is back and I'm loving it!!!

Old
09-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Dempsey

How is Ellis' mobility and speed?

Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
How is Ellis' mobility and speed?
Well, he moved quick enough when crossing the street from the hotel to Jersey Mike's earlier this afternoon that I didn't hit him! Ellis ordered a regular No. 8 (Club Sub) if anyone is interested. I got the No. 9 (Club Supreme) and Austin Watson just sat and watched Ellis inhale the sub in about 3 bites.

Getting back to the question (pardon me, I'm tired), it hasn't posed an issue yet due to how well he reads the play. Very seriously, Ellis knows what's going to happen 3 or 4 steps ahead of everyone else and is able to get in position before others. He makes plays because of his elite hockey sense and thus far that has not failed him...

Old
09-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Wilson has all the tools to have a great season. I fell he will show more consistency and be a solid offensive threat.
I think he was just "adjusting" last season.
Still would like to see him at center sometime. He is a natural center. That is his natural position, but he is incredibly strong on the wall.

Fortheloveofthegame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Wilson has all the tools to have a great season. I fell he will show more consistency and be a solid offensive threat.
I think he was just "adjusting" last season.
Still would like to see him at center sometime. He is a natural center. That is his natural position, but he is incredibly strong on the wall.
Wilson looked slimmed down. Still big, but not as bulky. Hopefully it pays off in terms of speed. Very honestly, Colin struggled the most of anyone I saw with edgework drills this morning. Once they got going though on two feet, he showed very good skill. I'd love to see him play with some consistency this season. To me, improving his conditioning (ie: slimming down) shows a dedication and maturity off the ice that will hopefully pay off on the ice this season...

Old
09-17-2011, 11:38 PM
hockey diva

Thank you everyone. I will be in attendance tomorrow.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote