HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Linus Omark: "I want a regular place in the Edmonton Oilers."

Old
08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
JessikaLovejoy

vCash: 500
Linus Omark: "I want a regular place in the Edmonton Oilers."

New interview. I'm at work so I'm too busy to do a summary but you can use google translate

http://hockeysverige.se/article/1226...rdinarie-plats

JessikaLovejoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 01:38 PM
awesomo
HARD!

who needs google translate when a mention of omark will bring in the swedish army

ill just wait, i can hear them all waking up now since someone mentioned Omark

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Oi'll say!

Google said:
"The page is too large to translate. That's all we know".

That's kinda like when a girl says "I can't go out with you on Tuesday night, I'm rearranging my sock drawer".

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 01:48 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 344
I'd hope any young player has as many games as Omark or less would be saying this.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Shathar

Somewhat terrible GOOGLE translation:

Omark returns to NHL with confidence

His debut season in the NHL was on good and evil. He began it in the AHL, but got the chance of the Edmonton Oilers in December and accounted for a debut he will never forget. This season would Linus Omark establish themselves in the NHL seriously.
- I want a regular place in the Edmonton Oilers. Then it's up to me to prove I'm worth it, he says to hockeysverige.se.

Linus Omark, 24, is one of the Swedish hockey biggest troll. But Omark also has much more in his repertoire as a player than a couple of quick spins and penalties that may be seasoned hockey experts to both laugh and be impressed. Målsinnet, his natural aggressive game and spelförståelse makes Omark is a player that many teams in Sweden, but also in Russia and the NHL wants to see on their roster. When Omark are in the right mood, he can be the difference between winning and losing in a match.

Hockeysverige.se had a chat with puck control switch from Övertorneå before the trip back to Canada where he'll be fighting for a place in the Edmonton Oilers.

Last year's season was a bit gaudy for Linus Omark part of both games in the NHL and the AHL. In addition, there was no World Cup games, one a back injury put an end to.
- I'm obviously pleased to have to play my first NHL game and also into and played quite well and proved that I have the capacity to play in this league, he says and continues:
- Sure it's been a pretty big change to first move from Sweden to Russia and then on to the NHL. Now it's the first time that I myself live because I had John (Harju) with me when I'm in Russia.
- On the ice so the difference is that it's smaller rinks and you may not be the same time on you. Otherwise, the big difference to live next to the ice.

Difficult to compare the AHL with the premier league
Fits your technical hockey great in the smaller ice surface?
- Yes, but it does. It played a fun hockey over there and the smaller ice surface makes you it gets closer to the goal which suits me because I am primarily an offensive player.

You also played with Oklahoma in the AHL, which level is the law of the AHL as compared to such law in the Elite League?
- I received this question several times during the season and I have no good answer to that because it is very difficult to compare the leagues. It plays a very different hockey in the AHL than in the Elitserien. It is much more physical game in the AHL, and more to dump the puck in the offensive zone and work for. Top teams in the AHL, I think is a very high standard. Many of the law in Sweden, recruit players from the AHL and then they become stars in the Elitserien. It says at least part of the level of the players and the league.

Is it very still fights in the AHL, and played it on the whole a clean hockey?
- It's still a lot of fights. In some games it may be up to five or six fights while there is any at all in other games.

Did you end up in some hefty Fight the season going?
- Almost, but I made myself, haha ...

During mental stress
How is it that moves back and forth between the NHL and the Farm Team?
- Of course it's pretty tough. You feel like the junior time. You do not really know where or how you should play. Then you play during a special press when you are at the limit as I did last year. Are you in the AHL, you all look up and perform to join the NHL. When you are in the NHL, you must constantly produce and play well to avoid being relegated to the AHL.
- It's not especially fun to stay at the hotel most of the time even though I lived some of Magnus Pääjärvi too. The goal now is to start the season in Edmonton and keep me there so I can establish myself in the team and get your own apartment in town to live in.

How do you, teammates and fans in Edmonton on Magnus Pääjärvis debut season in the NHL?
- He's young and considering it, I think he made an incredible season. One can see even when you're out and about with Magnus how popular he is among fans. People come up and want to take pictures and want to talk some hockey with him. He will surely succeed very well in the NHL.

Edmonton Oilers have a somewhat incredible history as a NHL organization, how to find one of those players?
- There are of course pictures of Gretzky, Messier and the guys in the hallways and inside the locker room, it is five Stanley Cup-dents, as surely notice it.

Insert an extra pressure on your players through the club's past successes?
- Edmonton is hockey crazy. But I did not feel that there was any extra pressure on us because of it. Last season I experienced instead as very positive among the fans even though we did not take us to the playoffs. Fans pepper and set us up even when we have it heavily.

Comfortable with the coach
Coach the last season in Edmonton Oilers, Tom Renney. He then made his second season in the Oilers. He has also coached the Vancouver Canucks, New York Rangers and the Canadian Olympic team.
- I like Renney. He is easy to talk to and he often listen to us gamers. Sure, he rules as he wants us to follow. But in addition to the rules he gives us players rather freely. A good coach that I like really good.

Tell us about your NHL debut.
- First and foremost was the great great and great to have the chance to play in the NHL. That it was against Tampa Bay with my best friend John Harju of the team, I had not even dreamed of before. I also met to decide the match with a penalty makes the course the match will be a fantastic memory.

What is a realistic goal for the Edmonton Oilers next season?
- Hard to say. Edmonton Oilers will be a very good team because the club has opted for a very young team and in the long run. I can not answer how well we will be already for next season. All the young guys will at least have one more season of experience and the first goal should at least be that we get to the playoffs.

Investing Edmonton Oilers on a young team in style with this venture that cost a lot of fruit in the 1980s when it took over the throne in the NHL New York Islanders?
- I'm not too familiar with how Edmonton's thoughts are when it comes to betting. But yes, we have a young future kind where we also got two choices in the drafts first round this year (Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Oscar Klefbom).

You had to say no to World Cup games this spring because of a back injury. Do you know of today?
- No, it's no problem at all. I have been on leave and rested, which made me feel completely recovered today.

How has summer been for Linus Omark?
- I've been traveling a lot. Then, of course, been very much training. Now I drive with the catalog to the conclusion that I go back to the NHL.

Where your goal is?
- I want a regular place in the Edmonton Oilers. Then it's up to me to prove I'm worth it.

Shathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

My favorite excerpt:

Quote:
Linus Omark, 24, is one of the Swedish hockey biggest troll.
So true, so true.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Hopefully a Swedish speaking poster can give us a true translation.

08-25-2011, 01:55 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
Quality interview.

His last few interviews have been very assuring. I'm not the biggest fan, but he's winning me over. Fewer turnovers and he'll have done it.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Shathar

All in all (from what I can gather from that crazy translation) a positive interview from the Sweedish Troll. The title scared me a bit.

Shathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It's a pretty good translation to be honest. There's not a lot to be lost in it it's pretty straightforward.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

"First and foremost was the great great and great to have the chance to play in the NHL."

Awesome.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Perfect Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Google said:
"The page is too large to translate. That's all we know".

That's kinda like when a girl says "I can't go out with you on Tuesday night, I'm rearranging my sock drawer".
Can we go out on Thursday night?
"Cant, sorry..... I'm washing my hair"

How about Friday night?
"Nope, I'll be drying my hair"

Perfect Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Eberle
4-93-14

Send a message via MSN to Eberle
Glad to hear the determination. I think he has a spot to lose this year. I also like to hear that he doesn't seem to have a problem with the hockey craze in Edmonton haha. Hopefully that wasn't just a stock positive answer and the truth.

Eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 02:25 PM
doulos

Translated by someone else:

http://swedishoil.dohfos.eu/post/937...view-pre-11-12

doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 02:54 PM
smokersarejokers

Thanks for the article and the translation.
Hilarious.
While painful to read in places, you still get the gist of it.

Barring an AWFUL training camp and preseason, I think he has a "regular place" on the team. He might have to be a healthy scratch at times when they want to play a bigger, more physical line-up.

We'll see how the season goes.

smokersarejokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 03:26 PM
ca phe sua da
Why not Zoidberg?

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Linus Omark , 24, is one of the Swedish hockey biggest troll.
That's the best part

ca phe sua da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Herman72
...I don't like you.

"I want a regular place in the Edmonton Oilers. Then it's up to me to prove I'm worth it"

Terrific attitude.

Herman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos View Post
If this is the proper translation, then I think its a positive interview. Sounds healthy and poitive coming into camp. He didn't throw anyone under the bus.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I would if it was a bit shorter. At that lenght... No thanks.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 04:12 PM
SChan*

Omark definitely has a spot if he plays like last 20 games

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos View Post
That's a good site. Here are some comments about Klefbom.

http://swedishoil.dohfos.eu/post/707...klefbom-an-ace

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Blue And Orange
Kevin Lowe Must GO!!

Good.

Earn it!

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
cheesed-off*

We can - and should - ice 3 scoring lines.

cheesed-off* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shathar View Post
Fans pepper and set us up even when we have it heavily.
My personal fave.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Oilerdiehard

Great interview. His attitude is exactly what you would hope for him.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote