HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Still Random After All These Years... (RTOTD v.2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2012, 04:49 PM
  #601
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi
 
CantbeatzPekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: gamehendge
Country: Somalia
Posts: 4,053
vCash: 500


this describes todays 4th pretty well.

CantbeatzPekka is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 05:00 PM
  #602
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
I was listeneing to 1973/08/17 He's Gone Earlier

Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 03:09 PM
  #603
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
I really wish we could ban the phrase "_____ fan coming in peace" here on HFBoards.....
1. It sounds dumb.
2. It means you're probably about to start a crapstorm.

KevFist is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 03:14 PM
  #604
Broom of the System
Registered User
 
Broom of the System's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post
I really wish we could ban the phrase "_____ fan coming in peace" here on HFBoards.....
1. It sounds dumb.
2. It means you're probably about to start a crapstorm.
For real. _____ fan coming in peace. First of all I love you guys, let's adopt a baby together and roll around with some kittens. Now that that is out of the way, let me imply that no one wants to stay with your team and even if they did you can't afford them. With that being said, what's the best way for my team to take one of your good players away for very little.

Thanks, and don't forget, I love you guys.

Broom of the System is offline  
Old
07-09-2012, 11:43 PM
  #605
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
rain

Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 12:21 PM
  #606
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500

headsigh is offline  
Old
07-12-2012, 12:44 PM
  #607
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,905
vCash: 500
Ok I have seriously crooked jaw. Who.do I talk to fix it?

BigFatCat999 is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 09:10 PM
  #608
Adz
Registered User
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,212
vCash: 500
Orthodontist would be my guess.

Adz is online now  
Old
07-12-2012, 09:34 PM
  #609
SavageSteve
Registered User
 
SavageSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Ok I have seriously crooked jaw. Who.do I talk to fix it?
Oral/Maxilofacial Surgeon. My wife used to work for the head one at Vandy... He'll likely break it and re-set it. 6 weeks of liquid diet. PS don't puree chili and expect it to be a good idea too.

SavageSteve is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 08:20 AM
  #610
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
Oral/Maxilofacial Surgeon. My wife used to work for the head one at Vandy... He'll likely break it and re-set it. 6 weeks of liquid diet. PS don't puree chili and expect it to be a good idea too.
And I can get a diet at the same time!

BigFatCat999 is online now  
Old
07-13-2012, 10:59 AM
  #611
analogkid
Thread Killer
 
analogkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Almo Heights, KY
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Hate that I have to drive all the way to St. Louis and the Scottrade Center to see Rush on thier next tour...gotta make sure and wear my Preds hat for that little journey. Last year the rocked the Bridge!

analogkid is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 11:14 AM
  #612
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,872
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Neil Peart = best drummer ever

AdmiralsFan24 is online now  
Old
07-13-2012, 01:08 PM
  #613
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,410
vCash: 500
I saw Rush back in 2002. Greatest show I've ever seen. Neil Peart's 15 minute solo was probably the best part. It helps that he pretty much writes all of their songs, too.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Old
07-13-2012, 10:14 PM
  #614
Biggun35
Bender
 
Biggun35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brentwood, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Rush sounded as good last year at the Bridgestone as they did the first time I saw them in 1977 at Municipal Auditorium.

Biggun35 is offline  
Old
07-14-2012, 10:23 AM
  #615
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
if anyone ever gets a chance, go down to 12 south taproom and have their pulled pork sandwich.

Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Old
07-16-2012, 05:36 PM
  #616
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
jason & the scorchers drummer passed away

Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Old
07-16-2012, 10:45 PM
  #617
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
so did the dude from deep purple. bad day.

headsigh is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 02:27 PM
  #618
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
It's raining again?



We've had it for 8 straight days now. If it were in October, I wouldn't have a single problem with it but in the middle of July, when I'm covering baseball, it's more than a little irritating. Thankfully, we've only had to make one major adjustment to our schedule. Bristol has lost at least one home game, possibly two. Kingsport lost two that I know of, and possibly more than that.

Of course, I'm hoping this will all clear out by game time and we'll be fine, but you just never know up here in the mountains...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
07-17-2012, 03:31 PM
  #619
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,872
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
It's raining again?



We've had it for 8 straight days now. If it were in October, I wouldn't have a single problem with it but in the middle of July, when I'm covering baseball, it's more than a little irritating. Thankfully, we've only had to make one major adjustment to our schedule. Bristol has lost at least one home game, possibly two. Kingsport lost two that I know of, and possibly more than that.

Of course, I'm hoping this will all clear out by game time and we'll be fine, but you just never know up here in the mountains...
Job in baseball? That sounds cool. On another note, quit hogging all the rain. This is a picture of the grass by my apartment.



Last edited by AdmiralsFan24: 07-17-2012 at 03:38 PM.
AdmiralsFan24 is online now  
Old
07-20-2012, 09:25 AM
  #620
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
Regardless of what happens, one thing remains constant, Scott Burnside is a POS.

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 09:45 AM
  #621
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Baseball is a wonderful game, with a fundamental flaw: it cannot be played in the rain.

Last night, shortly before our game in Elizabethton, I saw rain clouds off over the mountains. (The park itself is the Baseball Stadium That Time Forgot, but it's in a beautiful location right along the Watauga river, with mountains all around, very scenic stuff.) I did my best to keep it away, but in the bottom of the first, we started hearing thunder, then lightning shortly before the top of the second, and with two outs in the inning, the rain just bombarded us from the north. The game was suspended and will be resumed on Saturday. Wonderful.

That's ten straight days now... and based on the way the sky looks today, it could be eleven straight with rain. Suddenly, we've been transported to Washington, apparently.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  #622
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
0xB16B00B5

Someone at Microsoft is a fifth grader.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 11:18 AM
  #623
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,189
vCash: 500
Just pre-ordered my ticket for the Ben Folds Five concert at the Ryman September 17

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 11:23 AM
  #624
Paincakes
Registered User
 
Paincakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Knoxville
Country: Scotland
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Baseball is a wonderful game, with a fundamental flaw: it cannot be played in the rain.

Last night, shortly before our game in Elizabethton, I saw rain clouds off over the mountains. (The park itself is the Baseball Stadium That Time Forgot, but it's in a beautiful location right along the Watauga river, with mountains all around, very scenic stuff.) I did my best to keep it away, but in the bottom of the first, we started hearing thunder, then lightning shortly before the top of the second, and with two outs in the inning, the rain just bombarded us from the north. The game was suspended and will be resumed on Saturday. Wonderful.

That's ten straight days now... and based on the way the sky looks today, it could be eleven straight with rain. Suddenly, we've been transported to Washington, apparently.

I'm more sorry that you had to go to Elizabethton. The TOWN that time forgot. Greeneville native here. Btw, go 'stros.

Paincakes is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:20 PM
  #625
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Just pre-ordered my ticket for the Ben Folds Five concert at the Ryman September 17
Hmm... I've got my philosophy that I should probably do the same.

ThirdManIn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.