HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Nathan Beaulieu (from Prospects' thread)

Old
08-27-2011, 04:47 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Just wanted to share this thread that is already on the Prospects' thread (slow summer...no Habs is torture!, can't wait to see Beaulieu in a Habs jersey...2013?2014?):

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=973651

Mod edit:

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 08-27-2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary comment.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Maxpac

I'm still mind-boggled at how he felt all the way to #17. I remember watching the draft hoping that Mcniel, Arnia or Bartschi would fall to us, it was a given to me that Beaulieu would not drop past top 10, top 12 max. Me and my cousin actually dropped on our knees begging and praying for Beaulieu to be available when he wasn't picked at #14 and fore Gauthier to pick him if by miracle he had dropped to us, I'm happy I didn't look like an idiot for nothing.

I hoope management does everything to showcase his talent during training camp. I want him paired atleast once with Gorges so that he gets to use his offensive abilities during a full pre-season game and that he plays with Markov on the pp, apparently he has a good shot and I would like to see it during game-time.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 07:37 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'm still mind-boggled at how he felt all the way to #17. I remember watching the draft hoping that Mcniel, Arnia or Bartschi would fall to us, it was a given to me that Beaulieu would not drop past top 10, top 12 max. Me and my cousin actually dropped on our knees begging and praying for Beaulieu to be available when he wasn't picked at #14 and fore Gauthier to pick him if by miracle he had dropped to us, I'm happy I didn't look like an idiot for nothing.

I hoope management does everything to showcase his talent during training camp. I want him paired atleast once with Gorges so that he gets to use his offensive abilities during a full pre-season game and that he plays with Markov on the pp, apparently he has a good shot and I would like to see it during game-time.
Yeah he looks like he enjoys the top shelf. It will be sweet to see him when the seadogs come to halifax.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 07:57 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

I was so upset when Armia was taken by Buffalo, I wanted him so badly, but taking Beaulieu was a good back-up

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 09:48 AM
onice

vCash: 50
He must be the first Habs prospect in years that is getting so much love from other fans.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
He must be the first Habs prospect in years that is getting so much love from other fans.
Subban got a lot of love after his performance for Team Canada.

Fans didn't like him as much when he started burning their favorite teams.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 11:24 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
Subban got a lot of love after his performance for Team Canada.
I don't know. I can remember alot posts - even after Team Canada - where they were predicting Subban would be a bust.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 03:29 PM
neofury*

Quote:
I don't know. I can remember alot posts - even after Team Canada - where they were predicting Subban would be a bust.
It's true because of his defensive game and risk issues. But every time he moved up a level he struggled defensively for the first bit and learn very fast... it was almost uncanny. Nobody could have predicted that, the guy has drive. He has something in him and he just keeps getting better. He had a very accelerated development. Next thing you know he's a plus player...

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
People are still predicting Subban to be a bust. The fact that Subban has a certain level of style and swagger will cause him to be underestimated for a long time.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:18 PM
HabsFanFromOntario

I made that thread

HabsFanFromOntario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanFromOntario View Post
I made that thread
At least be original about it :

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 06:43 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
People are still predicting Subban to be a bust. The fact that Subban has a certain level of style and swagger will cause him to be underestimated for a long time.
Well you have to be a retard at this point if you cant recognize Subban as one of the most promising young defensemen in the league.. Either you are an anti Habs fan or a guy who have no clue about this game..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 06:25 AM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It's true because of his defensive game and risk issues. But every time he moved up a level he struggled defensively for the first bit and learn very fast... it was almost uncanny. Nobody could have predicted that, the guy has drive. He has something in him and he just keeps getting better. He had a very accelerated development. Next thing you know he's a plus player...
He was a plus player at every level... He just sort of looked like he would be a minus player because of how much he pinched.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Habruti!

I see Nathan Beaulieu as a slightly more offensive ME Vlasic. Hopefully he can have an impact on our roster two years from now, perhpas at the same time as Tinordi (e.g. Sign them both next year and let them progress for one full year in the AHL.)

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2011, 09:54 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
He was a plus player at every level... He just sort of looked like he would be a minus player because of how much he pinched.
I believe at every level he started out a minus for about half a season and by the end of the season was one of the best defensive players on the squad.

Also regarding Beaulieu ever notice it's mostly St-Johns bashers and Bruins fans in those threads saying he'd be a bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
I'm thinking the complete opposite. I think he'll even possibly exceed expectations. The guy seems to have an endless supply of drive and motivation and when you're talented like he is and confident like he is really what else do you need? He'll be fine and I don't think he'll have a sophomore slump either.

Last edited by neofury*: 08-28-2011 at 10:00 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote