HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribs's Replacement - Brendan Tedstone

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

vCash: 500
Ribs's Replacement - Brendan Tedstone

I found a player to take Ribs place in the habs lineup. His name is Brendan Tedstone and you can learn more about him the hockey gladiators website.

The guy is 34, 6'4 and 350lbs and he shoots right.

He is taller than Ribs
He is bigger than Ribs
He does short shifts, less than 10 seconds!
He can fight
He can hit
He can also dump the puck from the red line
He can also score and odd goal once in a while

Skills? Who cares! In today's NHL, skills are overated anyway. He can learn the system and will play the system.

Bob? Please sign this guy!!!

Semi Pro - Brendan Tedstone

Brendan Tedstone Right Wing
Born Sep 17 1969 -- Hopkinton, MA
Height 6.4 -- Weight 350 -- Shoots R

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
1987-88 USA Nats INDPDL 6 0 4 4 92 -- -- -- -- --
1988-89 USA Nats INDPDL 15 4 7 11 147 -- -- -- -- --
1990-94 European Semi-Pro -- -- -- -- 860 -- -- -- -- --
1995-96 McIntyre WMHL-Sr.A 26 8 26 34 117 -- -- -- -- --
1996-97 McIntyre WMHL-Sr.A 8 1 12 13 94 -- -- -- -- --
1997-98 McIntyre WMHL-Sr.A 22 16 12 28 216 -- -- -- -- --
2000-01 McIntyre WMHL-Sr.A 18 4 23 27 166 -- -- -- -- --
2001-02 Ashville UHL 1 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- --

PS This guy his huge!!!!!

Old
08-12-2004, 12:09 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
I found a player to take Ribs place in the habs lineup. His name is Brendan Tedstone and you can learn more about him the hockey gladiators website.

He is taller than Ribs
He is bigger than Ribs
He can fight
He can hit

Skills? Who cares! In today's NHL, skills are overated anyway. He can learn the system and will play the system.

Regular Season Playoffs

:lol :lol OH PLZ STEFAN.

350 lbs ??? I am sure you forgot to mention that he's slower then Ribs.

Well forget about him 34 years old , hey We aren't the leafs.

Old
08-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
:lol :lol OH PLZ STEFAN.

350 lbs ??? I am sure you forgot to mention that he's slower then Ribs.

Well forget about him 34 years old , hey We aren't the leafs.
Good one!! Playing for the leafs!!!!

As for speed, we all know that Ribs is soooo slow that I am sure that my player can't be slower than RIbs, no one can!

Old
08-12-2004, 12:46 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:

He is taller than Ribs
He is bigger than Ribs
He can fight
He can hit

Regular Season Playoffs

This is a poor attempt at humour..

Guess who what brang Calgary to the finals, grit.

Ribeiro is a talented player, a good complementary player, no more. If it wasn't for Koivu we wouldn't have defeated Boston in round one. Players like Ribeiro excel in the regular season and then flop in the playoffs. Trust me I'd love Ribeiro to perform in the playoffs, but if he doesn't get stronger, it won't happen. When the going gets rough, he's a non-factor.

We do like Bulis here as he's got a good two-way game, same goes for Sunny. They are player you can count on, no more, no less. But they aren't the favorites here. Koivu, Ryder and Souray take the palm. Skill & determination that's what makes a winner.

Old
08-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Erngueva

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger

Guess what bring the stanley cup to Tampa... Talent.

Old
08-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erngueva
Guess what bring the stanley cup to Tampa... Talent.
Amen

Old
08-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:

So based on that, I would suggest the Avs to release Joe Sakic and to trade for Conroy. Then they could trade Forsberg for Chris Simon and Rob Blake for Denis Gauthier. The Red Wings could also dumped Yzerman and try to trade for Conroy and the trade Lidstrom for Rhett Warrener.

The Flames won because they had the hottest goaltender in the west.

Old
08-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Habsolument

OK but it was a tough series going to game 7, the gritty team could have won it and your arguments wouln't work. We could also say that Ottawa the super talented team lost, but at the same time the gritty Leafs didn't last too long. So I'm going to propose something that might please both sides; the perfect mix for a dynasty, the secret of Lord Stanley, THE recipe that will bring us our 30th cup.... roulement de tambour please *tadadadadadadadam* a gritty AND talented team. heh took me some time to figure that out so enjoy.

Old
08-12-2004, 01:04 PM
Erngueva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument
OK but it was a tough series going to game 7, the gritty team could have won it and your arguments wouln't work. We could also say that Ottawa the super talented team lost, but at the same time the gritty Leafs didn't last too long. So I'm going to propose something that might please both sides; the perfect mix for a dynasty, the secret of Lord Stanley, THE recipe that will bring us our 30th cup.... roulement de tambour please *tadadadadadadadam* a gritty AND talented team. heh took me some time to figure that out so enjoy.
So Ribeiro can fit, as long he is supported by gritty player ?

Old
08-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erngueva
So Ribeiro can fit, as long he is supported by gritty player ?
sure, I'm not an Anti-Ribs, I'm a Habs fan. I support our good players. Ryder can be considered as gritty so we don't need to change much of the team do we?

Old
08-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Erngueva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument
sure, I'm not an Anti-Ribs, I'm a Habs fan. I support our good players. Ryder can be considered as gritty so we don't need to change much of the team do we?
We agree !

Old
08-12-2004, 01:27 PM
EaGLE1

Ribeiro is alright. Remember the last time when a second line centre hit the 65pts mark in MTL???

It's a while ago, and in today's hockey, your team score 1 or 2 less goal per game.

Old
08-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
The difference is though when some of you guys defending ribs bring up other skilled players like yzerman and sakic and st.louis, you also fail to realize that ribs doesn't have half that talent or skill. There is nothing that great about him. His moves and puck handling skills are top notch, but he' s too slow thus he gets caught even after deking out someone or turning them inside out, or basically all you gotta do to get him off the puck is touch him. He's weak. Zednik just has to fly by someone or if he cant try pushing him off the puck..it's freaking hard to do.
Ribs has absolutely nothing to compliment his pure skill. Thus he needs improving. I dont think he's dedicated enough to do it.

Old
08-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316
The difference is though when some of you guys defending ribs bring up other skilled players like yzerman and sakic and st.louis, you also fail to realize that ribs doesn't have half that talent or skill. There is nothing that great about him. His moves and puck handling skills are top notch, but he' s too slow thus he gets caught even after deking out someone or turning them inside out, or basically all you gotta do to get him off the puck is touch him. He's weak. Zednik just has to fly by someone or if he cant try pushing him off the puck..it's freaking hard to do.
Ribs has absolutely nothing to compliment his pure skill. Thus he needs improving. I dont think he's dedicated enough to do it.
How can such a lousy hockey player with no speed, no grit and bla bla bla come up with a 65 points season? I guess players playing against him are even worst then this guy. It is really a mistery to me. Please educate me Tucker...

Old
08-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
How can such a lousy hockey player with no speed, no grit and bla bla bla come up with a 65 points season? I guess players playing against him are even worst then this guy. It is really a mistery to me. Please educate me Tucker...
Ribs can get 60-70 points because he's so skilled. He won't get 100 points, or be a star player like Yzerman or Sakic or whoever because of other limitations, like strength, size, speed, etc. I'm certain that's what Tucker316 was saying.

Old
08-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Tucker316*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Ribs can get 60-70 points because he's so skilled. He won't get 100 points, or be a star player like Yzerman or Sakic or whoever because of other limitations, like strength, size, speed, etc. I'm certain that's what Tucker316 was saying.

That's what I was saying. BTW, if Ribs does not produce another 60 plus point effort, I'm sorry, he isn't the skilled player you make him out to be.

Ribs has talent, but he lacks anything else that is needed to COMPLIMENT that skill.
He is no Sakic etc. So you can't defend ribs on the basis of those types of players.
Ribs is not a superstar.

Old
08-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Is that a reason to hate the guy? 60-70 points for our second line center is very good. How many players reached 100 points last season?

Even the players that you listed, don't have size and strenght. The only players to have the complete package were Eric Lindros and Mario Lemieux. Lecavalier is getting there as well. Pavel Brendl had the total package but what has he done lately?

So if a guy does not have the total package, is it a reason to let him go if he is giving you 60-70 points per season?

I compare that to the situation with the Jets, Keyshawn vs Chrbet.

Old
08-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
That's what I was saying. BTW, if Ribs does not produce another 60 plus point effort, I'm sorry, he isn't the skilled player you make him out to be.

Ribs has talent, but he lacks anything else that is needed to COMPLIMENT that skill.
He is no Sakic etc. So you can't defend ribs on the basis of those types of players.
Ribs is not a superstar.
No one said he was a superstar. There is about 10 real superstars in the league anyway. Because a player is not a superstar is not a reason to hate him. How many players are Joe Sakic in this league? Is Ryder a superstar? No but I like him. Is Zednik a superstar? No but I like him. Was Langdon a superstar?

Old
08-12-2004, 02:15 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
So based on that, I would suggest the Avs to release Joe Sakic and to trade for Conroy. Then they could trade Forsberg for Chris Simon and Rob Blake for Denis Gauthier. The Red Wings could also dumped Yzerman and try to trade for Conroy and the trade Lidstrom for Rhett Warrener.

The Flames won because they had the hottest goaltender in the west.
Are you just dumb or this is a show you're putting on?

So now you're comparing Ribeiro to Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, Blake and Lidstrom?

Skills are important too, I said just as much in my damn post, read damnit! Koivu is skilled, moreso than Ribeiro and I like him, just like everyone here. Ribeiro has talent but can't be more than a 2nd liner due to his drawbacks (strenght and speed, mainly).

I don't feel like repeating myself... a ****ing waste of my time.

Old
08-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Is that a reason to hate the guy? 60-70 points for our second line center is very good. How many players reached 100 points last season?

Even the players that you listed, don't have size and strenght. The only players to have the complete package were Eric Lindros and Mario Lemieux. Lecavalier is getting there as well. Pavel Brendl had the total package but what has he done lately?

So if a guy does not have the total package, is it a reason to let him go if he is giving you 60-70 points per season?

I compare that to the situation with the Jets, Keyshawn vs Chrbet.
Who is saying to let Ribs go? That would be completely insane. No way can we get a return for Ribs that will produce at the same rate for the same price. The only thing people are saying about Ribeiro is that he's not a star player. Nobody is saying he's bad, and nobody is saying to trade him. When you argue with people, please try to at least argue against the points they're making.

Old
08-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Carbo N8

Quote:
An education is wasted on someone who won't listen.

Ribiero has the talent to be a very good hockey player if he continues to work on his weaknesses. He is not big, strong on his skates or fast. He is creative, shifty & a very good stickhandler.

This does not make him a lousy hockey player & I don't see that suggestion in the post you quoted. He is a good hockey player with limitations at the present time.

There are some of us who believe that in order for him to reach the full potential of the talent he seems to possess, he will have to work to improve in a number of areas to become a more complete player. If he does we have a real talent, if not he will remain a decent to good hockey player with limitations.

Time will tell if he has that level of dedication to his profession. I hope so.

Old
08-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Are you just dumb or this is a show you're putting on?

So now you're comparing Ribeiro to Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, Blake and Lidstrom?

Skills are important too, I said just as much in my damn post, read damnit! Koivu is skilled, moreso than Ribeiro and I like him, just like everyone here. Ribeiro has talent but can't be more than a 2nd liner due to his drawbacks (strenght and speed, mainly).

I don't feel like repeating myself... a ****ing waste of my time.
Are you dumb? Just read yourself. Did I compare him to thoses players? You said, that the ONLY reason Calgary won was because of one thing GRIT.

If it is the case, then teams like Avs and Red Wings did not have enough GRIT, so players like those superstars are useless if I am using you stupid argument.

If you don't like repeating yourself, why are you even replying in the first place? Stupidity maybe?

Old
08-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Tucker316*

Stefan, I'm just saying that when you defend ribs, you bring up other skilled players like the superstars I mentioned. But what all I am truly trying to say is that ribs has skill, just nothing to help compliment it. What good are all his dekes if some d man can just stay with him anyways due to the fact ribs is too slow? Sometimes you just have to slightly nudge ribs and you'll take the puck off him. If he would develop hthe other parts of his game, he would be a first liner perhaps. Right now he is a second liner at best. He's had one productive season, when by now so many "experts" have been saying he had the potential for so much more. Now what happens if he regresses productively this season? He has to prove now he can maintain this level of play or imporve upon this past season. If not, my statement that Ribs has been and is over-rated will stand.

Old
08-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Stefan_Latulippe

Quote:
Stefan, I'm just saying that when you defend ribs, you bring up other skilled players like the superstars I mentioned. But what all I am truly trying to say is that ribs has skill, just nothing to help compliment it. What good are all his dekes if some d man can just stay with him anyways due to the fact ribs is too slow? Sometimes you just have to slightly nudge ribs and you'll take the puck off him. If he would develop hthe other parts of his game, he would be a first liner perhaps. Right now he is a second liner at best. He's had one productive season, when by now so many "experts" have been saying he had the potential for so much more. Now what happens if he regresses productively this season? He has to prove now he can maintain this level of play or imporve upon this past season. If not, my statement that Ribs has been and is over-rated will stand.
What you said is that he does not have size. Thus he is not a good hockey player because he is small. I am just bringing up names of players who are not big by NHL standard to show that using size while talking about talent is not really important. I used this guy, 6'4 350lbs to illustrate the fact that if you have size, it does not mean that you are a good hockey player.

For me Ribs, is a good 2nd-line center and he will not be a superstar but it is ok with me! We have Saku as our first line center and only real superstar and that's ok with me.

Old
08-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Legolas

Everybody calm down. Why are we all flaming each other when we all are Habs fans and all have some knowledge of hockey? This lockout is going to drive all of us insane...it's only the freaking off-season and we're already yelling at each other in a joke thread that wasn't even meant to be taken seriously.

Most of us like Ribeiro. Some of us wish he was better because we think he has talent and he's not working hard enough to supplement that talent. He's our second line centre, he scored 65 points, those are all great but if you think we should be pleased with that and not have high expectations for him, well then you're dreaming...we're hockey fans, we are demanding...that's life in Montreal you better believe Ribeiro knows it. If he works hard and keeps improving, then all the critics will shut up, or at least they should. If he just has a carefree attitude and tries to get by on his talent alone, then he's going to keep getting the same criticism whether it's deserved or not. We think he can do better.

Closed Thread