HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phil Kessel to Ottawa?

Old
08-26-2011, 07:06 AM
alpine4life

vCash: 500

thx for the morning laugh

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Drennan57*
New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
Do not want fatty, nor a guy with his attitude..
Double post

Drennan57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Drennan57*
New Era

Quote:
triple post? lol

Drennan57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:09 AM
third man in

Yeah the going rate would be a pair of top 5 picks. Burke would be to hardheaded to listen to offers though.

third man in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:13 AM
StayThirstyMyFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
you lilerally have NOTHING we need other then Spezza and that would defeat the purpose so you have nothing we need
That's right, Leafs don't need good prospects. They are content wallowing in mediocrity.

StayThirstyMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:19 AM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Looks like a real fat angry guy.

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayThirstyMyFriend View Post
That's right, Leafs don't need good prospects. They are content wallowing in mediocrity.
We don't need defensive prospects, which are the only good prospects that Ottawa would be willing to move.

Instead of calling the Leafs mediocre, Sens fans should probably just find a nice quiet corner, and curl up in the fetal position for the next 3 to 5 years.... 'cause it's going to get rough! We'll send you a postcard when we get to the playoffs this Spring.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:25 AM
tony d
The franchise

Don't want Kessel with Ottawa.

08-26-2011, 07:28 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayThirstyMyFriend View Post
we have plenty of good prospects like Colborne, Gardnier, Percy, Biggs and Blacker in case you haven't noticed most of the deals Burke makes not all of them but the maority have picks prospects or young players coming back to the Leafs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:31 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Kessel's a decent sniper, but I don't like his attitude, or his (lack of a) 2-way game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawzy View Post
Spezza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
your next 2 1sts and a 2nd?
Hmm, how did I know before I even opened this thread that these 2 posts would be here? Originality score : - 1 jillion.

Quote:
you lilerally have NOTHING we need other then Spezza and that would defeat the purpose so you have nothing we need
Right... because you couldn't use Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Zibanejad, Lehner, Filatov, Alfie, Michalek, Silfverberg, Butler, our 2012 first, etc, etc, etc ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
Plus something small (accounting for the 1.6 mil pay difference and the fact that Spedder has one full season to his name).

But still, I don't trade Kessel for Spezza; I trade Kessel+ for a legit #1 that can stay consistent and healthy for a season.
On what planet is Spezza not a legit #1 center? And its pretty hard to 'stay healthy' when you are hit from behind into the boards on a dirty hit by Letang (last year) or have yourself taken out on a dirty hit to the knees (forget what jack*** did this to him). As for staying consistent, considering how his sniper linemate that he had for 4 years egoed out and left suddenly, anyone would take some time to adjust. He is now showing chemistry with Butler, and hopefully Filatov.

And the Sens don't trade Spezza for Kessel, because :

- it would be for him to play WITH Spezza, as the OP said
- Spezza makes players around him better, Kessel doesn't
- many other reasons, some of which are outlined in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
I think something along the lines of

Tyler Seguin
Jared Knight
Dougie Hamilton

would probably get it done.
How terribly original...
Oh, and its funny how you think that mocking the robbing by Boston of Burke somehow makes Burke and the Leafs look less like idiots for making that trade. The only bigger robbing in recent years than that trade was Spezza and Chara for Yashin (who the Isles are still paying NOT to play for them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrKO28 View Post
the fact that it would be a deal with one of our biggest rivals makes the price u guys pay higher than other teams.

Probably looking at one of Zibanejad or Runblad ++, maybe both together I really dont know.

The fact that it took 2 firsts and a second, which turned out to be Seguin-Knight-Hamilton, should speak volumes to the price Ottawa would have to pay.

It Simply doesnt make sense from a rebuilding teams standpoint(OTT), or from a team going for the playoffs(TOR)
Ottawa wouldn't overpay like that just because Burke got hosed, but I agree with most of the rest of what you said. It is safe to say that neither Kessel or Spezza are going anywhere anytime soon, let alone to Toronto/Ottawa.

Quote:
or we could not trade him to you guys and beat up on you guys this year I honestly would shocked if we lost a single game to the sens this year
Really going out on a limb there, considering that we will ice essentially an AHL team this year... And I still don't think you win every game against us this year (but would be glad if you did, as it would help our draft position). Have fun in 9th/10th place again!

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:40 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
We don't need defensive prospects, which are the only good prospects that Ottawa would be willing to move.

Instead of calling the Leafs mediocre, Sens fans should probably just find a nice quiet corner, and curl up in the fetal position for the next 3 to 5 years.... 'cause it's going to get rough! We'll send you a postcard when we get to the playoffs this Spring.
Yeah, uh huh. When is the last time you won a Cup, or even made a Cup final again? We last appeared in the Cup final in 2007. You, as I recall, haven't seen a Cup final since, what, 1967? Oh, and you haven't even been in the playoffs (in a league where over half the teams make the playoffs) since before the lockout.

Sounds like Leaf fans should be the ones curling up in the fetal position and sucking their thumbs until they cry themselves to sleep.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Christ

I have noticed that Kessel seems to play pretty darn well when playing against Spezza...doubt the Leafs would make this move. Perhaps Ottawa will be open to moving Spezza to their hated provincial rival instead?

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:52 AM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Yeah, uh huh. When is the last time you won a Cup, or even made a Cup final again? We last appeared in the Cup final in 2007. You, as I recall, haven't seen a Cup final since, what, 1967? Oh, and you haven't even been in the playoffs (in a league where over half the teams make the playoffs) since before the lockout.

Sounds like Leaf fans should be the ones curling up in the fetal position and sucking their thumbs until they cry themselves to sleep.
Excellent rebuttle! I for one am glad that the hard part is done for the Leafs where the rebuild is concerned, and fully expect them to make the playoffs this coming season. Unfortunately for Sens fans the glory of 2007 and the title of Stanley Cup Final Runners-Up will have to be enough to carry you through the next few years of doubt and frustration.... know that we (Leafs fans) empathize.

As for your list of players who may be of interest to the Leafs, remove Alfie, and notice the number of defensive prospects (all of which are very nice pieces) that are of little need to the Leafs. We are very interested in your 2012 1st rounder, but not at the cost of Phil the Thrill.

BTW, is that you in your avatar? I had always pictured you with more hair....

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:57 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Kessel's a decent sniper, but I don't like his attitude, or his (lack of a) 2-way game.

Hmm, how did I know before I even opened this thread that these 2 posts would be here? Originality score : - 1 jillion.

Right... because you couldn't use Karlsson, Cowen, Rundblad, Zibanejad, Lehner, Filatov, Alfie, Michalek, Silfverberg, Butler, our 2012 first, etc, etc, etc ...

On what planet is Spezza not a legit #1 center? And its pretty hard to 'stay healthy' when you are hit from behind into the boards on a dirty hit by Letang (last year) or have yourself taken out on a dirty hit to the knees (forget what jack*** did this to him). As for staying consistent, considering how his sniper linemate that he had for 4 years egoed out and left suddenly, anyone would take some time to adjust. He is now showing chemistry with Butler, and hopefully Filatov.

And the Sens don't trade Spezza for Kessel, because :

- it would be for him to play WITH Spezza, as the OP said
- Spezza makes players around him better, Kessel doesn't
- many other reasons, some of which are outlined in this thread

How terribly original...
Oh, and its funny how you think that mocking the robbing by Boston of Burke somehow makes Burke and the Leafs look less like idiots for making that trade. The only bigger robbing in recent years than that trade was Spezza and Chara for Yashin (who the Isles are still paying NOT to play for them).

Ottawa wouldn't overpay like that just because Burke got hosed, but I agree with most of the rest of what you said. It is safe to say that neither Kessel or Spezza are going anywhere anytime soon, let alone to Toronto/Ottawa.

Really going out on a limb there, considering that we will ice essentially an AHL team this year... And I still don't think you win every game against us this year (but would be glad if you did, as it would help our draft position). Have fun in 9th/10th place again!
why would we need alfie who is going 38? he doesn't fit our team. Why would we need Lehner? we have our own young goalie in Reimer who so far is better

Why would he need Michlaek? he's not an upgrade on any of our top 6 wingers. Why would we need any D prospects? the LAST thing we need is D prospects or D in general. Why would we need Butler? he's not an upgrade in our top 6. Why would we trade Kessel for Forward prospects that won't play for 3 years?

you Literally have nothing we need

Old
08-26-2011, 07:58 AM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:

Don't recall Ottawa ever winning a cup. I remember your cup final though, **** the bed pretty good. I may not have seen the cup finals for my team but I have watched your team flop in the playoffs and I also recall the Sens never beating the Leafs in the post season.

Careful on that high horse you might fall.

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:00 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

Granted it's been a long tie since we have won a cup but atleast we HAVE won the cup have the sens? no. I mean I think they have one from before the NHL was actually the NHL but thats not the same franchise this
version of the sens hasn't won jack

Old
08-26-2011, 08:09 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

a simple no way in ****ing hell would we want to give up the assets that it would take to acquire Kessel. Besides, don't want another Kessel for Seguin,Hamilton, Knight trade to come back to bite us.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Granted it's been a long tie since we have won a cup but atleast we HAVE won the cup have the sens? no. I mean I think they have one from before the NHL was actually the NHL but thats not the same franchise this
1967? congrats.

Old
08-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drennan57 View Post
Kessel just turned 23. He is perfect for a rebuild.
I mean this not in a troll way at all, but Seguin, Hamilton, and Knight are perfect for a rebuild. Burke would never trade Kessel away for less (at least not yet), and I just could not deal with the possibility of us getting Kessel while giving away Yakupov, AJ Michaelson, and Nick Baptiste/Darnell Nurse/Max Domi during a rebuild. I like these next two drafts a lot, too. If you have him he's good for a rebuild, sure. For the Leafs, he will of course be one of the most important parts. That being said, they already have him and thats that. I dont think what we'd lose from the rebuild is worth what he'd add to it, personally. In fact, I think Yakupov will be able to top 50 points right away. Thats not to say we're getting Yakupov, but we sure as hell have a better chance at getting him if we don't give the Leafs our 1st

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Last time The Sens won The Cup there was actually more than 6 teams in The NHL. Toronto's last cup is about as relivant as Ottawa's.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:16 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
1967? congrats.
congradulations to sens fans or never winning a cup

Old
08-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Kings of Komarov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
1967? congrats.
stanley cup? : laugh::l augh: Congrats. The only way the cup is going to ottawa anytime in the next 20 years is if someone from the area wins it on another team and brings it home in the summer.

Kings of Komarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post

Don't forget to change the year on it from '11 to '12

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
The only NHL teams to not ever win 3 rounds of playoff hockey are Phoenix, Nashville, Atlanta, Minnesota, Columbus, and Toronto.
We can all throw the same chirps back and forth at one another, or we can face the fact that neither of our teams have won anything recently... The Leafs have put a far worse product on ice recently but have a storied history, whereas the Sens have been much better recently but as a franchise have achieved zilch. Cool. We're both awesome and we both suck, in some ways. Now lets get Kessel to Ottawa! (Kidding.)

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
congradulations to sens fans or never winning a cup
Did I bring up Ottawa's 11 cups from 80 years ago?....no, because their irrelavant too. Honestly, are Leafs fans going to keep milking that 1967 thing for another 44 years?