HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brett Connolly to LA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
  #51
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post
How about the fact that he would of challenged for the number 1 spot in the 2010 draft? What about the fact that he was the only 16 year old to score 30 goals in the WHL since Patrick Marleau while winning the WHL rookie of the year plus the CHL rookie of the year? You might want to look up those who achieved these accolades. That still not good enough for you? What about making the Canadian WJC team twice? Is this good enough value for you? What has Toffoli done that makes him so much better?
I dont want do downgrade Connolly because I absolutely dont know anything about him but I think this post if quite funny.

Challenging for the #1 spot and making the WJC team....wow.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 11:23 AM
  #52
tightightight
Registered User
 
tightightight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I dont want do downgrade Connolly because I absolutely dont know anything about him but I think this post if quite funny.

Challenging for the #1 spot and making the WJC team....wow.
Funny or your lame troll attempt? Answer the question at the end then. Please.

tightightight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 11:56 AM
  #53
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post
How about the fact that he would of challenged for the number 1 spot in the 2010 draft? What about the fact that he was the only 16 year old to score 30 goals in the WHL since Patrick Marleau while winning the WHL rookie of the year plus the CHL rookie of the year? You might want to look up those who achieved these accolades. That still not good enough for you? What about making the Canadian WJC team twice? Is this good enough value for you? What has Toffoli done that makes him so much better?
If you read my posts, where have I ever compared Toffoli to Connolly? I'm talking Bernier and Connolly.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 11:57 AM
  #54
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
MVP of OHL Cup Championship game
Team Orr at Top Prospects Game
Was a Leading scorer in OHL in 10/11 with 57g 51a for 108p
Won the Eddie Powers Award (Top Scorer in the OHL
Won the Jim Mahon Award (Top Scoring Wing in the OHL)
(this is just a short list of his accomplishments)

I am not saying that Toffoli is the next Jebus but he compares at least favorably with Connolly at this point in their careers and to say otherwise is nothing more than myopic homerism. They are both great young players with bright futures that have proven zero at the NHL level.

Time will tell which is the more effective or "better" player but until then the best we can debate are semantics.

To argue that either Connolly OR Toffoli have more value than Berneir at this point is absolutely and completely ridiculous.

Two good young talented forwards in Toffoli and Connolly and no real reason for either team to want to deal them at this point in time and no clear case as to which will certainly be the better pro just yet either.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 12:56 PM
  #55
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 4,201
vCash: 500
I don't want Toffoli anywhere near this discussion for two reasons. One, the Kings need the offensive depth much more than the Lightning, and two, I think Toffoli is going to be a great player. Both Connolly and Toffoli have a long list of accolades seeing as both are great players.

Furthermore, perhaps too much is coming from the Kings side, but the bottom line is that the Kings' defense is pretty much set. With the rumors that it is NHL or Russia next year for Voynov, I would prefer to trade him and get something back, especially if it is an excellent talent. The bottom line is that Connolly was the 10th pick in a deep draft, and I personally think he is going to be a great player. He is a big body with excellent vision that can put the puck in the net as easily as he can dish out a pass.

As far as Bernier goes, the Kings eventually will need to choose between Quick and Bernier, and in all honesty, both are studs. Of course it would be bad if one of the two went down and there was no replacement, but what happens when their contracts run out and both want, say, $3 million or more? The Kings won't be able to keep both, just look at what happened in San Jose. But when these contracts do run out and the Kings are forced to move one of them, the real question becomes this: Do the Kings want Bernier (or Quick, whichever goalie they don't keep) in the Western Conference? My answer to that is a definite no.

I think that Bernier for Connolly would be pretty fair, it would fill a hole for both organizations. But for the Lightning to really accept, the Kings would need to add a little more; in this scenario, the Kings are looking to acquire Connolly, so it is up to the Kings to make the better offer. Would Kings fans feel better about the trade if it were Bernier + Martinez? I just see the Kings having many more defensive prospects than available roster positions. Doughty and Johnson aren't going anywhere, and given the Kings' coaching staff's penchant for pairing a puck mover with a defensive defenseman, the only spot open for Voynov would be the third pairing. Where does that leave Hickey, Deslauriers, and Martinez? All I'm saying is that as a third pairing defenseman, Martinez can do just as good of a job as Voynov, and probably will have a better attitude playing lesser minutes. The fact that Voynov has more trade value makes it even better. Eventually, Muzzin and Forbort will replace Mitchell and Scuderi. Kings blue line is set for years to come, with or without Voynov.

With Connolly, though, the Kings offense in a couple years will be incredible. Hopefully one of the prospects can play left wing.

Connolly - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Toffoli
Clifford - Stoll - Brown
Parse - Lewis - Richardson

I just kind of threw that line up together and left out a lot of great Kings prospects (Vey, Loktionov, Kitsyn, Weal, Kozun) but with Connolly, the Kings have some real offensive threats soon.

So, does Bernier + Voynov for Connolly + Philadelphia's 2nd round pick in 2012 make it any closer for Kings fans? Does that push it too far for Lightning fans?


Last edited by markisonfire: 08-27-2011 at 01:01 PM.
markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 12:56 PM
  #56
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post
Funny or your lame troll attempt? Answer the question at the end then. Please.
I dont need to answer that because that made it even more funny. He was talking about Bernier, not Toffoli.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:29 PM
  #57
The Nuge
Moderator
5-14-6-1
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,018
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Crosby and Ovechkin are the best in the game. What have they got to do with anything? The best player in the game rotates all the time. When Hasek was in the midst of his heyday, I bet there wasn't a player in the league they'd have traded him for. Not really sure what that proves, considering we are talking kids here, not the top player in the game.

Btw, once again, where's the proof they "desparately needed a goalie"? They had all summer to line up a goalie, so there was no rush to do it then. They wanted Varlamov and that was what the fair market value was. You didn't answer whether or not Connolly would fetch that type of return, but as I suspect, you know he wouldn't. I can show realistic examples and lists comparible to the players in question. You throw out Crosby, Luongo and Ovechkin. Try bringing something realistic to the conversation for once.

Show an example to back up your claim of Connolly's value. Show me a ranking that has him ahead of Bernier. Show something.
So you don't think they would trade Hasek for say Sakic? A future HOF center with 6 100+ point seasons? I find that hard to believe. Elite forwards are simply worth more than elite goalies in the modern NHL because they can take control of a game more. Connolly is a potentially elite sniper(it would've been Taylor VS Brett had he not been battling injuries). As I said before, find me ONE example of a potentially elite forward being traded for ANY goalie prospect. And yet you keep saying I don't give any proof. How about stop going off on some tirade about how Bernier is worth more than Connolly because you said so and find me some proof that's not a 4 month old HF report saying he is a "better" prospect because Bernier is much farther along his development. They hold extremely similar value, but the edge will always go to the forward. Especially when you're the one trying to acquire the forward with a goalie prospect being the main piece.

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:45 PM
  #58
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 9,943
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
Toffoli is better than Connolly look at the stats. both 1992 toffoli more points better plus/minus the last two years. Beat him in the under 17 was better at the under 18 until Connolly got hurt.Why would you trade a prospect that lead the OHL in points as a 18 year old for someone that has not proven that he is a better player than him. i would not trade Toffoli for Connolly.

Voynov is a good prospect so i would not trade him either. I may trade Weal or Kozun for Connolly if i get a second round pick also. that is all i would do. Now i could be wrong lets find out in three years or sooner who was right or wrong.
wow

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:54 PM
  #59
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I don't want Toffoli anywhere near this discussion for two reasons. One, the Kings need the offensive depth much more than the Lightning, and two, I think Toffoli is going to be a great player. Both Connolly and Toffoli have a long list of accolades seeing as both are great players.

Furthermore, perhaps too much is coming from the Kings side, but the bottom line is that the Kings' defense is pretty much set. With the rumors that it is NHL or Russia next year for Voynov, I would prefer to trade him and get something back, especially if it is an excellent talent. The bottom line is that Connolly was the 10th pick in a deep draft, and I personally think he is going to be a great player. He is a big body with excellent vision that can put the puck in the net as easily as he can dish out a pass.

As far as Bernier goes, the Kings eventually will need to choose between Quick and Bernier, and in all honesty, both are studs. Of course it would be bad if one of the two went down and there was no replacement, but what happens when their contracts run out and both want, say, $3 million or more? The Kings won't be able to keep both, just look at what happened in San Jose. But when these contracts do run out and the Kings are forced to move one of them, the real question becomes this: Do the Kings want Bernier (or Quick, whichever goalie they don't keep) in the Western Conference? My answer to that is a definite no.

I think that Bernier for Connolly would be pretty fair, it would fill a hole for both organizations. But for the Lightning to really accept, the Kings would need to add a little more; in this scenario, the Kings are looking to acquire Connolly, so it is up to the Kings to make the better offer. Would Kings fans feel better about the trade if it were Bernier + Martinez? I just see the Kings having many more defensive prospects than available roster positions. Doughty and Johnson aren't going anywhere, and given the Kings' coaching staff's penchant for pairing a puck mover with a defensive defenseman, the only spot open for Voynov would be the third pairing. Where does that leave Hickey, Deslauriers, and Martinez? All I'm saying is that as a third pairing defenseman, Martinez can do just as good of a job as Voynov, and probably will have a better attitude playing lesser minutes. The fact that Voynov has more trade value makes it even better. Eventually, Muzzin and Forbort will replace Mitchell and Scuderi. Kings blue line is set for years to come, with or without Voynov.

With Connolly, though, the Kings offense in a couple years will be incredible. Hopefully one of the prospects can play left wing.

Connolly - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Toffoli
Clifford - Stoll - Brown
Parse - Lewis - Richardson

I just kind of threw that line up together and left out a lot of great Kings prospects (Vey, Loktionov, Kitsyn, Weal, Kozun) but with Connolly, the Kings have some real offensive threats soon.

So, does Bernier + Voynov for Connolly + Philadelphia's 2nd round pick in 2012 make it any closer for Kings fans? Does that push it too far for Lightning fans?
You're simply not getting it. Bernier won't be moved for a prospect that MAY be ready in a couple of years? How does that make us a better team this year or next? Think about that.

Yeah, we all know that one of Quick or Bernier will get moved. But before one does, you can be pretty certain that one of our other prospect goalies will be ready for backup duties or we acquire a legit backup.

Fair proposal for Connolly is a Voynov and a mid round draft pick and nothing more. I just think you're obsessed with the idea of acquiring Connolly and seem to be willing to overpay for someone who isn't deserving of overpayment.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 02:15 PM
  #60
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 9,943
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
You're simply not getting it. Bernier won't be moved for a prospect that MAY be ready in a couple of years? How does that make us a better team this year or next? Think about that.

Yeah, we all know that one of Quick or Bernier will get moved. But before one does, you can be pretty certain that one of our other prospect goalies will be ready for backup duties or we acquire a legit backup.

Fair proposal for Connolly is a Voynov and a mid round draft pick and nothing more. I just think you're obsessed with the idea of acquiring Connolly and seem to be willing to overpay for someone who isn't deserving of overpayment.
How is not a 6th overall pick who would have fight with Hall for being the 1st overall pick if not for that injury not deserving of overpayment?

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 02:17 PM
  #61
tightightight
Registered User
 
tightightight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
I dont need to answer that because that made it even more funny. He was talking about Bernier, not Toffoli.
Yeah and my question wasn't specifically for him. It's for those who think Toffoli is better than Connolly.

tightightight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 02:37 PM
  #62
bland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Toffoli and Voynov for Connolly and a 2nd/3rd is solid value.

Voynov could likely step in and play the entire season in Tampa, but regardless of their respective junior numbers and accolades, Connolly is simply a more valued asset than Toffoli. Maybe not significantly better, but better none the less.

But neither team needs to make a deal like this.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 02:45 PM
  #63
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User
 
Frolov 6'3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post
Yeah and my question wasn't specifically for him. It's for those who think Toffoli is better than Connolly.
Yeah sure, that's why you quoted him and started a tirade because of all those other people.

Of course.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 02:51 PM
  #64
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
How is not a 6th overall pick who would have fight with Hall for being the 1st overall pick if not for that injury not deserving of overpayment?
Whoever said a first overall pick had to be an overpayment? Let alone a 6th overall?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 02:52 PM
  #65
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,887
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Oilersfan2354;36247610]
Quote:
So you don't think they would trade Hasek for say Sakic? A future HOF center with 6 100+ point seasons? I find that hard to believe.
No, I don't think they would. Sakic is a great player, but Hasek has 6 Vezina trophies to his credit. That's tied for most in NHL history and the other guys who have that many did in a time when two Vezinas were awarded each year, not one like now. And when you factor in Hasek's international play, a real case could be made that Hasek was the greatest goaltender in hsitory, and had the most dominant 10 year stretch in NHL history. Oh and btw, I'm sure Hasek is a future HOFer as well thanks. So no, I wouldn't deal Hasek for Sakic, and I doubt Buffalo would have either. Once again though, what does this have to do with Bernier versus Connolly? Nothing. It's just a distracting sideshow from the main point of this thread, and argument you are fighting with nothing to support your claim.

Quote:
Elite forwards are simply worth more than elite goalies in the modern NHL because they can take control of a game more.
The fact you can't see the flaw in this is bizarre A goalie impacts a game more than a forward, and I doubt you'd find much support for your argument. If a forward has a great game a team has a good chance to win. If a goalie has a bad game, it's almost a guarantee they lose. If you'd like, go set up a poll and ask who impacts a game more, a forward or a goalie, and let the HF pael decide. I'm quite confident in how that would play out.

Quote:
Connolly is a potentially elite sniper(it would've been Taylor VS Brett had he not been battling injuries).
Based on what? That's your opinion and I'm not sure many Bruins fans, or hockey fans for that matter, would agree with you that Connolly would have been a better pick than Seguin, healthy or not.

Quote:
As I said before, find me ONE example of a potentially elite forward being traded for ANY goalie prospect.
I'm not even sure there is one. And this proves what? That these types of trades don't happen often? I agree, they don't, that doesn't mean Connolly is somehow > Bernier.

Quote:
And yet you keep saying I don't give any proof.
You don't.

Quote:
How about stop going off on some tirade about how Bernier is worth more than Connolly because you said so and find me some proof that's not a 4 month old HF report saying he is a "better" prospect because Bernier is much farther along his development.
I have shown you some proof. I have shown you the value of a goalie in the trade market (Varlamnov) who is comparible to Bernier. I have shown you the HF list that shows Bernier is worth at least as much as Connolly. Btw, 4 months ago is April, and most players were either done or nearly finished their seasons. What has changed since that list? That list is as current as you will find right now.

Now when will you show me some proof? You throw out there that Connolly would have battled Hall for 1st overall. Based on what? Show me something, anything. You don't show one shread of evidence backed by anyone other than yourself. You are the one who started the argument that a forward is better than a goalie in terms of value, yet you haven't shown one example of this, one list to state Connolly is superior to Bernier, one trade example of a comparitive player to Connolly, nothing. You're fixated on your own belief, nothing more, and that belief has been going on for 3 pages now with not one ounce of proof or support to back it up. Nothing.

No one is debating that Bernier's value is greater than Connolly's, certainly not me. My point is that there is nothing to prove that Bernier's value is not equal to or greater than Connolly's. Nothing. Bernier has been one of the elite prospects in the world for several years now and did nothing to disprove that in his first NHL season. To say that Connolly, simply because of the position he plays, is greater is not based on anything but your own personal belief. And that's fine, just don't go spewing it on here and expect no one to call you on it.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 02:56 PM
  #66
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
How is not a 6th overall pick who would have fight with Hall for being the 1st overall pick if not for that injury not deserving of overpayment?
Once again, that's your opinion. Seguin has proven to be a fine choice as 2nd overall and currently there is no way Boston would trade Seguin for Connolly, whether he was in the NHL or not. You have nothing to support Connolly would have been contention for 1st overall, and if you look back at draft rankings Connolly was deemed a bit of a reach for Tampa Bay at that point.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 02:57 PM
  #67
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post
Yeah and my question wasn't specifically for him. It's for those who think Toffoli is better than Connolly.
Then try quoting those people next time to avoid the confusion.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 03:04 PM
  #68
chasespace
Registered User
 
chasespace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Williston, FL
Posts: 5,440
vCash: 500
This was a good discussion, then it kinda went downhill. But let's be honest here, if any team inquires about another team's top prospect then the price automatically goes up; if a team offer's their top prospect the price stays average(value wise).

If LA were to approach Tampa in order to acquire Connolly then Bernier+Voynov(or other decent D-prospect) wouldn't be too outrageous. If Tampa offers Connolly to LA then it would most likely be Voynov(or equal prospect)+

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 03:34 PM
  #69
Rschmitz
Registered User
 
Rschmitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Tampa Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 5,041
vCash: 500
The only proposition that should be getting any attention is package deals with bernier on one side and connolly on the other. If you think the lightning will have to add to connolly in order to get a kings secondary prospect, then I'm curious if you live on planet earth.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 03:53 PM
  #70
The Nuge
Moderator
5-14-6-1
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,018
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Once again, that's your opinion. Seguin has proven to be a fine choice as 2nd overall and currently there is no way Boston would trade Seguin for Connolly, whether he was in the NHL or not. You have nothing to support Connolly would have been contention for 1st overall, and if you look back at draft rankings Connolly was deemed a bit of a reach for Tampa Bay at that point.
Look a bit closer then.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brett_connolly

"Connolly is a pure offensive talent"

"Connolly is as talented as any of the forwards in the 2010 NHL draft and is an elite offensive player"

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:01 PM
  #71
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,577
vCash: 500
I'm not too great with these, but what about Voinov + Martin Jones for Connolly and Gudas?

Kings trade away a very talented puck moving defenseman and a young, big, talented goaltender. He can start as the back-up this season, with the potential of being a starting goalie in a couple years time.

In turn, the Lightning trade away the best player of the deal, as well as a solid, physical defenseman who could challenge for the #7 defenseman spot.

Both teams deal from positions of strength but provide long term depth in other positions. No roster spots are traded away, either.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:04 PM
  #72
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Bernier is the best player of the 3.

There's no way, DL would even consider something like this.

If and when Bernier is traded, it will be for a proven player and not a prospect.
We'll see about that, I think if he gets traded it means he is being given up on. The kings must view him as their goalie of the future.

Doubt Bernier would get them Connolly (sp?) anyways.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:07 PM
  #73
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=kingsfan;36249176]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post


No one is debating that Bernier's value is greater than Connolly's, certainly not me. My point is that there is nothing to prove that Bernier's value is not equal to or greater than Connolly's. Nothing. Bernier has been one of the elite prospects in the world for several years now and did nothing to disprove that in his first NHL season. To say that Connolly, simply because of the position he plays, is greater is not based on anything but your own personal belief. And that's fine, just don't go spewing it on here and expect no one to call you on it.
The Lightning would not trade Connelly straight up for Bernier, they wouldn't even consider it.

The Kings would consider trading Bernier straight up for Connelly, and probably do it if they were foolish enough to think Quick was their guy for the future and beyond.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:13 PM
  #74
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,090
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I'm not too great with these, but what about Voinov + Martin Jones for Connolly and Gudas?

Kings trade away a very talented puck moving defenseman and a young, big, talented goaltender. He can start as the back-up this season, with the potential of being a starting goalie in a couple years time.

In turn, the Lightning trade away the best player of the deal, as well as a solid, physical defenseman who could challenge for the #7 defenseman spot.

Both teams deal from positions of strength but provide long term depth in other positions. No roster spots are traded away, either.
Just based on scouting reports and prospect camps, Gudas already has a large following in Tampa Bay and will be an instant fan favorite as soon as he steps on to SPTF ice. You will probably find more Lightning fans who would be against that trade because of Gudas rather than Connolly.

LA should have signed him when they had him in camp a few years ago.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
  #75
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickov View Post
Just based on scouting reports and prospect camps, Gudas already has a large following in Tampa Bay and will be an instant fan favorite as soon as he steps on to SPTF ice. You will probably find more Lightning fans who would be against that trade because of Gudas rather than Connolly.

LA should have signed him when they had him in camp a few years ago.
That's what I was afraid of. I loved him when he played at the Kings camp, was bummed when I heard his name called at the draft by Tampa.

Is there another player who plays a similar style game to Gudas you would replace him with? I think Voinov + Jones is too much for Connolly (then again, maybe it's just me), so if there's some other defensive d-man you'd part with, I'm game.

Or is there no interest in Jones whatsoever?

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.