HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Yuri Alexandrov has inked a contract with SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL.

Old
08-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

vCash: 500
Good riddancde to this slow,untalented non-prospect. Always said he was garbage.........

Actp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Waltah*

looks like everyone touched on it but the writing was on the wall when he was having issues communicating/english etc.

good riddance.

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
looks like everyone touched on it but the writing was on the wall when he was having issues communicating/english etc.

good riddance.
Lol, "good riddance." Like he was bothering you by being in Providence or something. Eff that guy!

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:51 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

*Grabs popcorn and thinks about throwing in Colborne comment*

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks View Post
*Grabs popcorn and thinks about throwing in Colborne comment*
Lol! Do you think Hamill can bring us back something decent?

Old
08-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:57 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:

Maybe a late-round Russian prospect, but he'd probably just defect to the KHL

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
you're awesome!

Old
08-26-2011, 09:00 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
Quote:
*snorts beer out his nose*

I missed something, but this is priceless.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDust View Post
B's had a glut of D-man pegged for Providence this season(9 by my count including Alexandrov). Yuri probably seen the writing on the wall, I doubt he would of got much of a chance for a call-up with the guys ahead of him. I always figured if he wasn't up with the big club at least as 7th D by the end of 2011-12 he was headed back home anyways. This is no loss.
Yeah, there was just a long-ass thread about how we had too many D for Providence as it was and how it was going to be handled. This will probably be best for all parties involved. Best of luck in Russia.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 09:13 PM
mikelvl

vCash: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
That's how this place rolls...said it for years and years. The day they leave they were not taht important, not that good, won't be missed, yada, yada, yada, It's pathetic.

However, many people were not high on this player and have said so from the beginning, especially Bill and Kirk who told everyone to temper their enthusiasm.
This. I remember post after post of people placing him in the top 7 defenseman rotation for the Bruins last year. And now he is garbage. People need to stop overrating players that they had never seen play. It's just silly. That being said, I don't see the Bruins spending high picks on too many more Russian players. Koko might be the last one for a while. I could be wrong but it just seems too risky to me.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Alicat
Charge!

It was only a matter of time.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Hamill may be reunited with Yuri before it's all said and done.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

I'm not too bothered by this. It's entirely possible that Chia was behind it or at least OK with it. Looking at what we have in Providence we have a lot of D, Alexandrov will get better chances to develop in the K than he will in Providence.

I wouldn't be too smug about the idea that we'll never see the guy, in other words. Once we work through some of our other options and the time comes to cut bait on some of them, if we have a hole in Providence at some point, I would not be surprised -- at all -- to see him come back. We still have his rights, and while I know it's easy to assume the worst when a Russian bolts for the K, this could easily have been a situation where it was agreed on by all parties rather than anything abrupt that he personally did.

Either way, until we know definitively whether or not he had permission to leave from Chia, I'd hold off on blasting away at the kid. There's definitely a logic from the Bruins' stantpoint of him going back to the K for now. I want to make sure that this isn't a goodwill gesture to allow the kid to earn more money and play more ice in Russia than he could in Providence before I get too steamed.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:07 PM
EasternConferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I'm not too bothered by this. It's entirely possible that Chia was behind it or at least OK with it. Looking at what we have in Providence we have a lot of D, Alexandrov will get better chances to develop in the K than he will in Providence.

I wouldn't be too smug about the idea that we'll never see the guy, in other words. Once we work through some of our other options and the time comes to cut bait on some of them, if we have a hole in Providence at some point, I would not be surprised -- at all -- to see him come back. We still have his rights, and while I know it's easy to assume the worst when a Russian bolts for the K, this could easily have been a situation where it was agreed on by all parties rather than anything abrupt that he personally did.

Either way, until we know definitively whether or not he had permission to leave from Chia, I'd hold off on blasting away at the kid. There's definitely a logic from the Bruins' stantpoint of him going back to the K for now. I want to make sure that this isn't a goodwill gesture to allow the kid to earn more money and play more ice in Russia than he could in Providence before I get too steamed.
I agree with this completely. I don't think we should be bidding him "good riddance" or ripping him up right now, not until we know the whole story. The Bruins have kept mum through the day still, no press releases or anything, so we don't know. He definitely could have Chiarelli's blessing on this, they could have helped him out. But, the KHL is a competitive league where Alexandrov might get more ice, mature more and sure, more money. He may never be a Bruin again, true. But Radulov's considering returning after his contract ends with Ufa next year: anything is possible.

EasternConferences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:09 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Zinovjev----->Soderberg----->Alexandrov?

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:09 PM
misterjaggers

There's a lot of risk attached to drafting a player who doesn't speak a word of English.

Last edited by misterjaggers: 08-26-2011 at 10:25 PM.
misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Zinovjev----->Soderberg----->Alexandrov?
Wait until we have more information. Why fly off the handle now when so little is known when a smidgeon of patience will bring out the question of whether Chia went along with this or not?

If it turns out that Chia did not give Alexandrov permission to bolt, that will come out. Our beat writers are too good for it not to come out. Once it does, go ahead and do the Soderberg jokes. Until then, spare yourself a bit of embarrassment by waiting a few more hours for details.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:41 PM
hubby1746

Watever, I thought he was a way overrated prospect anyways...no skin off my ass

hubby1746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:48 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Wait until we have more information. Why fly off the handle now when so little is known when a smidgeon of patience will bring out the question of whether Chia went along with this or not?

If it turns out that Chia did not give Alexandrov permission to bolt, that will come out. Our beat writers are too good for it not to come out. Once it does, go ahead and do the Soderberg jokes. Until then, spare yourself a bit of embarrassment by waiting a few more hours for details.
What I know for sure is Alexandrov won't come back to the AHL. Riding the bus, drinking beers and making 100k in Providence; or eating caviar, drinking champagne, and making perhaps a million dollars in one of the most beautiful cities of Europe? I donít blame him for going back, hockey is a career after all and playing in the NHL should be secondary to providing for your family.

I donít consider it a flaw in his character, the reality is 20 years ago Russia was f-ed and all their players had no choice to play in North America, today Russians have a choice.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Waltah*

Quote:
Lol, "good riddance." Like he was bothering you by being in Providence or something. Eff that guy!
maybe he was.

Waltah* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
What I know for sure is Alexandrov won't come back to the AHL. Riding the bus, drinking beers and making 100k in Providence; or eating caviar, drinking champagne, and making perhaps a million dollars in one of the most beautiful cities of Europe? I donít blame him for going back, hockey is a career after all and playing in the NHL should be secondary to providing for your family.

I donít consider it a flaw in his character, the reality is 20 years ago Russia was f-ed and all their players had no choice to play in North America, today Russians have a choice.

I agree with you finchster. Some players from Russia will enjoy playing in the NHL, others will prefer being at home. It looks like it was pretty daunting for Alexandrov, especially with all the defensemen added to the system since he was drafted.

The Bruins must be very careful about whom they draft from Russia. The odds of them staying around aren't as good. I hope Khoklachev is among those who like playing here over the long haul.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:00 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah View Post

good riddance.
Our boy Bergy wasn`t exactly fluent nor comfortable with the English language when he jumped on board the Bruin train. This reaks of being homesick, cashing in easy money/ little effort for me.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 07:04 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Our boy Bergy wasn`t exactly fluent nor comfortable with the English language when he jumped on board the Bruin train. This reaks of being homesick, cashing in easy money/ little effort for me.
Bergeron says he struggled with his English when he first arrived in Boston, but was fluent enough to comprehend and answer several questions posed by Hockey's Future immediately after the draft:
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3796654&postcount=1

Last edited by misterjaggers: 08-27-2011 at 07:14 AM.
misterjaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 07:24 AM
ODAAT

Jaggers, I should have hit the sarcasm key, I get the language barrier argument but I also view it as a cop out. Language can be learned, this smells of taking the soft route to riches

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote