HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NSH/NYR (Weber)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-03-2011, 12:17 PM
  #1
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
NSH/NYR (Weber)

Rangers pitch for Shea Weber



Shea Weber




Brandon Dubinsky
Chris Kreider
Michael Del Zotto
1st round pick

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
  #2
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 6,032
vCash: 500
It's probably a solid offer but I think Nashville would be more interested in 1 or 2 higher quality players, IMO at least.Those guys are all solid players, I just think Nashville would want less salary back and more blue chips.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:25 PM
  #3
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
It's probably a solid offer but I think Nashville would be more interested in 1 or 2 higher quality players, IMO at least.Those guys are all solid players, I just think Nashville would want less salary back and more blue chips.
This. though I will say this is a huge step up from most of the crap i've seen. Dubinsky plays on our 1st line, MDZ eases some of the blow to our D, and we get a 1st and Kreider too. I'd rather have more quality, but if we had to settle for a package, this isnt a bad one.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:26 PM
  #4
binx bolling
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post
Rangers pitch for Shea Weber



Shea Weber




Brandon Dubinsky
Chris Kreider
Michael Del Zotto
1st round pick

Solid package for Weber. Would Rangers want to give away this much?

binx bolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:28 PM
  #5
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
It's probably a solid offer but I think Nashville would be more interested in 1 or 2 higher quality players, IMO at least.Those guys are all solid players, I just think Nashville would want less salary back and more blue chips.
Nashville actually needs to reach the cap floor.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:28 PM
  #6
Skm
Registered User
 
Skm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
It's probably a solid offer but I think Nashville would be more interested in 1 or 2 higher quality players, IMO at least.Those guys are all solid players, I just think Nashville would want less salary back and more blue chips.
I could be way off here but I think Kreider is NYR's best prospect, no? Either way it's actually a decent offer.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:32 PM
  #7
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by binx bolling View Post
Solid package for Weber. Would Rangers want to give away this much?
Considering Weber is one of the best in the game, I wouldn't mind. Dubinsky leaving would probably sting but I think in the future, Stepan, Anisimov and Christian Thomas will more than make up for it.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:34 PM
  #8
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
I could be way off here but I think Kreider is NYR's best prospect, no? Either way it's actually a decent offer.
It's pretty close between him, Tim Erixon, and Christian Thomas.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:37 PM
  #9
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Stepan Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
Tough call, but I think I'd pull the trigger on this.

Staal - Weber
McDonagh - Girardi
Erixon - Sauer


Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:38 PM
  #10
jerseyislander22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The "Dirty" Jersey
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
This. though I will say this is a huge step up from most of the crap i've seen. Dubinsky plays on our 1st line, MDZ eases some of the blow to our D, and we get a 1st and Kreider too. I'd rather have more quality, but if we had to settle for a package, this isnt a bad one.
hmmmm kinda surprised this is a step up... not bad players but Dubinsky is more of a second line center great two way though... del zotto ehhh from the few games i've seen him in he plays up and down... Kreider hasn't lit it up yet but he's entering his junior year and his upside is pretty good... if the 2012 is a 1st that defiantly boosts the value. Not a bad trade they get a top six forward, a young d man, a idk B level prospect (dont yell to much its just an educated guess) and a 1st round pick that could work, but I think they could get better

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:40 PM
  #11
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Stepan Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
hmmmm kinda surprised this is a step up... not bad players but Dubinsky is more of a second line center great two way though... del zotto ehhh from the few games i've seen him in he plays up and down... Kreider hasn't lit it up yet but he's entering his junior year and his upside is pretty good... if the 2012 is a 1st that defiantly boosts the value. Not a bad trade they get a top six forward, a young d man, a idk B level prospect (dont yell to much its just an educated guess) and a 1st round pick that could work, but I think they could get better
Dubinsky is a LW and Kreider is most certainly an A prospect. He's definitely Top 30 in the NHL, which by my count makes him a #1 prospect on the average team.

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:44 PM
  #12
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
hmmmm kinda surprised this is a step up... not bad players but Dubinsky is more of a second line center great two way though... del zotto ehhh from the few games i've seen him in he plays up and down... Kreider hasn't lit it up yet but he's entering his junior year and his upside is pretty good... if the 2012 is a 1st that defiantly boosts the value. Not a bad trade they get a top six forward, a young d man, a idk B level prospect (dont yell to much its just an educated guess) and a 1st round pick that could work, but I think they could get better
Dubinsky is a LW who would have had 60+ points if he hadn't played a month on a fractured leg. Kreider is more of a power forward. Big body with blazing speed and strength. He scores plenty of goals in college but he hasn't had a lot of assists, which brings his point total down and makes it look less appealing. He doesnt get the credit he deserves.

Del Zotto has a sophmore slump, but that doesnt change the fact that he's only 21 years old and had 40 points from the blueline as a teenager.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:45 PM
  #13
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Not that Weber isn't BY FAR the best player in this deal, Rangers can't afford to lose a top 6 forward + one of our only blue chip offensive prospects.

I'd rather move the above package for an offensive player.

Hire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:46 PM
  #14
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
Tough call, but I think I'd pull the trigger on this.

Staal - Weber
McDonagh - Girardi
Erixon - Sauer

I'd put Erixon with Girardi and keep Sauer and McD together. They were magic this year.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:49 PM
  #15
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Not that Weber isn't BY FAR the best player in this deal, Rangers can't afford to lose a top 6 forward + one of our only blue chip offensive prospects.

I'd rather move the above package for an offensive player.
Considering Weber accounts for at least 15 goals and 50 points, and can QB the PP, he almost makes up for the loss of Dubi. This year we may lose a little scoring up front, but we gain it on the back end. Thomas, Anisimov, and Stepan will make up for his production in the future.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:52 PM
  #16
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Gordie We Trust View Post
Considering Weber accounts for at least 15 goals and 50 points, and can QB the PP, he almost makes up for the loss of Dubi. This year we may lose a little scoring up front, but we gain it on the back end. Thomas, Anisimov, and Stepan will make up for his production in the future.
Understood. I actually thought to myself after this post "Heh, Weber's point total was probably pretty close to Dubi's" and it was. Its a matter of depth, though. This kills our LW/Forward depth this year that we gained by bringing in Richards.

Sure those guys might make up for it in the future, but none of them are natural LWs either.

Hire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:52 PM
  #17
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
hmmmm kinda surprised this is a step up... not bad players but Dubinsky is more of a second line center great two way though... del zotto ehhh from the few games i've seen him in he plays up and down... Kreider hasn't lit it up yet but he's entering his junior year and his upside is pretty good... if the 2012 is a 1st that defiantly boosts the value. Not a bad trade they get a top six forward, a young d man, a idk B level prospect (dont yell to much its just an educated guess) and a 1st round pick that could work, but I think they could get better
Quote:
To isles
Shea Weber

To Preds
Blake Comeau
Calvin Dehann
Brock Nelson
2013 first
2014 first
Yep. This is a big step up. Espeically for a team in win now mode that doesn't value picks as much.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:53 PM
  #18
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!
 
Hire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 22,745
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
I don't think the Preds would do it either to be clear. Not like this is some bomb package, I just don't see the teams as good trading partners.

Hire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:53 PM
  #19
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
This leaves our LW depth as complete **** and sets us back in the short run quite a bit.

I'd do it. Interested in more Nashville fans' input on this.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:54 PM
  #20
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by binx bolling View Post
Solid package for Weber. Would Rangers want to give away this much?
Not likely. We're dealing our #1 LW, as well as the guy who would likely step in to replace him in the next year or two. We don't have enough depth on that side to make a deal like this.

Not to mention the fact that Weber is, as of right now, without a contract, and that makes things dicey. That being said, I'm sure Gorton and Sather would want to discuss a contract with Weber before a deal went down.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:54 PM
  #21
jerseyislander22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The "Dirty" Jersey
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
Dubinsky is a LW and Kreider is most certainly an A prospect. He's definitely Top 30 in the NHL, which by my count makes him a #1 prospect on the average team.
I thought Dubinskyy played some center too, but hes a natural LW? good to know... Kreider I didn't think he'd be considered a top 30 prospect to be honest he was a 1st round pick two years ago and hasn't done to much at Boston... Don't get me wrong i think Dubinsky is a great player Rangers are definatly ponying up and that could get it done, but the preds would be looking for something a bit more when it comes to Weber... this was Suter on the other hand I think it gets done in a heart beat. Suters awesome but he's not weber so that would make the pill easiear to swallow and more acceptable

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:54 PM
  #22
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,472
vCash: 1050
Not sure why Ranger fans are so eager to pull the trigger on this. Defense is the absolute least of our worries (current and down the road). I wouldn't be willing to trade 2 (possibly 3, depending on what happens with MDZ) offensive-minded players on an offensively starved team for an exceptional and still young d-man. If Kreider has the upside that everyone says he does (I haven't seen any of his play ), I most certainly wouldn't want to give him up. Dubi is just getting better and better and continues to put up career years despite injuries. And I think I'm the last of a dying breed of people that are confident MDZ will have a stellar year (on the stat sheet and in visible play style) sooner rather than later and turn into a super, really tiny and distant-mini Leetch.

Staal-Girardi have been doing just fine the last 2-3 years shutting down the likes of Ovi/Crosby/Richards/etc. If Sauer-McDonagh keep status quo from last season, our top-4 defensemen will be monsters, not to mention we still have Erixon/McIlrath/Valentenko being brought up.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:57 PM
  #23
h0ckeyman
Registered User
 
h0ckeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
As a Rangers fan I might actually not go for this, it'd be tough.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:58 PM
  #24
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
I thought Dubinskyy played some center too, but hes a natural LW? good to know... Kreider I didn't think he'd be considered a top 30 prospect to be honest he was a 1st round pick two years ago and hasn't done to much at Boston... Don't get me wrong i think Dubinsky is a great player Rangers are definatly ponying up and that could get it done, but the preds would be looking for something a bit more when it comes to Weber... this was Suter on the other hand I think it gets done in a heart beat. Suters awesome but he's not weber so that would make the pill easiear to swallow and more acceptable
Kreider's goal scoring is awesome. Have you seen him at the WJC?

He'd be ready to step into the NHL next year, or maybe half a year in the AHL first. He's got the NHL size, speed and shot now, though, so it'd definitely help Nashville in the short run.


Frankly, I'd do this for the long term, if and only if Weber agreed to at least discuss a contract with us for the long run. If he wants out of NY after 2 years, I wouldn't do it.


I'm just curious, would Nashville fans prefer Christian Thomas instead of Kreider? He's arguably just as good a prospect (just put up 50+ goals and 1.5 PPG in the OHL) as Kreider and he's a RW, which would really help NYR. This deal does unfortunately take away our only top 6 LW and our only reliable prospect for LW. I actually like Thomas as a prospect more than Kreider, but organizational needs in this case I think would need to be addressed.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 12:59 PM
  #25
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
This leaves our LW depth as complete **** and sets us back in the short run quite a bit.

I'd do it. Interested in more Nashville fans' input on this.
The short run? Yes. The long run? Hell no. Christian Thomas and Carl Hagelin are less than a year away and both play LW. We hit a minor speed bump this year, but Weber is about to hit his prime and 15 goals and 50 points from defense will give us a nice boost. Plus it will more than solve our Power Play

Calllahan Stepan Gaborik
Richards Weber


MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.