Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kyle Turris

Old
08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
ducky

vCash: 500
Kyle Turris

Phoenix is having issues signing Turris.

What would you be willing to offer Phoenix for Turris? Consider they are deep in D prospects (so Bogosian straight up may not work).

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 09:06 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Winnipeg will give Antropov, Oduya and Aliu

jk

But I can see him going to Calgary or Vancouver

Calgary for Stajan, Backlund, Irving and 4th
Vancouver for Schneider, Ballard and Parent

Feel free to flame I'm just throwing stuff out there

EDIT: I wouldn't say hes a bust cause his Passing and Faceoffs are REALLY good

Last edited by KingJet*: 08-30-2011 at 02:31 PM.
KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 09:15 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 145
I would really like to get Turris, but at this point I think it's not plausable. Hope I'm wrong though...

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 09:42 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

They'd probably want Bogosian.

At this point, I don't really want Turris. He was once a very promising prospect, but the pre-Maloney management really rushed him (along with Mueller, Boedker and some others) and stalled his development.

At this point, I don't see him becoming any better than 50 point forward.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
I'm not sure Phoenix would be willing to part with him. They seem to be pretty thin at the center position, it'd probably be smarter to go after their abundance of wingers.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 10:51 PM
surixon

I'm predicting a breakout season from Turris this year after watching him in the Detroit series last year. He was excellent! Turris is not only a victim of being rushed, but he is a victim of circumstance, we all know the ownership situation in Phoneix and its forced them try to ice a playoff team and as a result young players like Turris weren't given a real oppertunity to grow in the NHL. In the playoffs when Tippet had no choice but to give Turris more Ice time in more offensive situtations the kid looked terriffic. He still easily has the potential to be a 30g 40 to 50a guy in the league with two way play and faceoff ability.

Having said that he hasn't proven anywhere near enough to garner Bogosian one for one in a deal. Bogosian despite a tough year last year when he was asked to play tough minutes has proven in his first two years that he at worst is a number 4 dman that can play effective in most situations. Turris has yet to prove that he is a full time NHLer let alone a full time top 6 player.

I would try to put a package together around a Odulya (replaces the veteran pressance lost when Jovo left) a 2nd round pick and a mid range forward prospect like Telegin.

surixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 10:52 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
They'd probably want Bogosian.

At this point, I don't really want Turris. He was once a very promising prospect, but the pre-Maloney management really rushed him (along with Mueller, Boedker and some others) and stalled his development.

At this point, I don't see him becoming any better than 50 point forward.
Not entirely sure how you've come to decide he'll only be a 50 point player...His development has been just fine.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2011, 11:06 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Not entirely sure how you've come to decide he'll only be a 50 point player...His development has been just fine.

Aside from Zach Hamill (who is definitely a bust), Turris has by far the fewest points of any forward drafted in the top 10 of the 2007 draft.

Turris hasn't reached bust status yet, but unless his development rapidly improves, he might not even be a 50 point forward.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 08:45 AM
PensFan6687

It's crazy how much the Jets posters are reaching for talent on this forum. Well, Kyle Turris is really not a reach. He does have offensive upside, and the talent is clearly there.

My main concern is that Turris looks like a bust so far, but in his defence he just turned 22. So it maybe a wee bit premature to use the "b-word" on him just yet. It's just that more was expected at this stage of his career.

And as for Nikolai Antropov I actually like the guy. Despite his tag that he's soft for a man of commanding size (6'6" and 245 lbs) or the fact that people believe he sluggishly gets around with a 100 lb weight attached to his skates, the guy seems to still put up decent numbers (56, 59, 67), before hitting a low 41 points last year. Lets remind everyone he played on a sore hip. He had surgery and when any player plays through pain on an injury they are not as effective.

Enter Dany Heatley. What's more realistic: Several seasons as a 39 goal-or-better per season player or the 26 goals he scored this past season on a broken wrist? Or how about the fact the guy had a high ankle sprain into the playoffs. Lets see how fast you get around like Ant on a agitated hip. It not only effects just your hip, but back and knees as well. As for Heater, lets see how productive your shot and playmaking is when you lose a great range of dexterity required in your wrist to handle the puck and the strength needed to get a great shot off. People need to be more aware. Sorry, always see people posting knocks on players like the Ants and Heaters of the world, dismissing facts.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 01:00 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Coyotes will NOT move Turris. Center is by far their weakest position. They have loads of young talent and depth on defense so offering them a defenseman for a player in the position of greatest weakness to them will not fly.

After acquiring Langkow, they now have a veteran to help ease Turris into what should be a break out year for him.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 02:06 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
No way Phoenix moves him this year.
however I think it is **** or get off the pot season for Turris.

If he doesnt break out this year, his name will start to be muttered in the same breath as Robbie Schremp.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 12:19 AM
PensFan6687

Nobody actually believes they'll get Turris. Maybe except for the OP of this thread.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote