HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting tweet from Bill Roose regarding Parise

Old
01-17-2012, 07:19 PM
silkyjohnson50

vCash: 500
As for the Babcock talk, i do strongly disagree with what he did in 09. He was so adamant about splitting up Datsyuk and Zetterberg that it's almost like he forgot that they (together) were a huge reason to why Detroit had just won a Cup. I wonder if it ever crossed his mind to use his 08 playoff strategy: play them together at home, separate them on the road? I just don't understand why he so badly wanted them to be separated when they were so strong together. I mean i understand the strategy behind it, but sometimes when you have something special you go against general philosophies. And you guys can say what you want about them changing as players and blah-blah, but the fact remains that 13-40 were never the same together after Babcock split them for the majority of 08-09.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:24 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
You over-rate Parise and underrate Hossa.
Oh well.
Difference is, I watch both players. You don't. Oh well

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:28 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Difference is, I watch both players. You don't. Oh well
Difference is, I am smarter than you. Oh well.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:32 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I realize that. Their games changing doesn't = a loss of chemistry. Chemistry is a puzzle piece, their pieces chance.
Of course it can.
Chemistry is a result of how the pieces fit. If the pieces change... puzzle doesn't look the same.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:40 PM
The Yzerman
1983 WJHC

Quote:
Difference is, I am smarter than you. Oh well.
So now we can undermind people and put ''oh well'' and we're golden? Nice

The Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:42 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
I think Hossa is probably the better player today, but Hossa is also nearly 6 full years older than Parise, as well. His days at being better, assuming he's better right now, are numbered and it's not a big one.
I think Hossa was the better player in October and November, when Parise was still getting his stride back. But in their past 24 games, Hossa has 8 goals and 17 assists while Parise has 9 goals and 19 assists, which is pretty close. Parise logs a little more IT and plays in the East, but I think those are minor factors and more than offset when you consider Hossa's supporting cast, which is far superior. Right now, they are really close. But I'd give a slight nod to Parise, given all factors.

Old
01-18-2012, 02:50 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
Yeah, I think Parise can become as good as, maybe never as physical, bu certainly as good a player as Hossa.
The only reason it's being talked about as a close comparison right now is because of Parise's injury. Before he was hurt, he was already a better player than Hossa. Now the gap has shrunk, maybe neck and neck, but it's only a matter of time before Parise overtakes him again.

Quote:
Just right now I think it's pure lunacy to suggest there is a better winger in the game than Hossa.
You either have a strange definition of lunacy or an affection for hyperbole

Old
01-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Syckle78

From everything I have read the Devils are going to hang onto him for a playoff push. That ownership group wants the added revenues from the playoffs to offset their financial problems. Chances are if Holland is going to make an in season move it isn't going to be Parise.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 02:59 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Difference is, you are smarter than I am. Oh well.
Difference is, you're dyslexic. Oh well

Old
01-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Zetsyuk
Farewell Nick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
From everything I have read the Devils are going to hang onto him for a playoff push. That ownership group wants the added revenues from the playoffs to offset their financial problems. Chances are if Holland is going to make an in season move it isn't going to be Parise.
If anything, I see this playing out better for Detroit. I can't see Holland wanting to give up key pieces or prospects for him at the deadline, so signing him in the offseason will be much for feasible for the team.

Zetsyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsyuk View Post
If anything, I see this playing out better for Detroit. I can't see Holland wanting to give up key pieces or prospects for him at the deadline, so signing him in the offseason will be much for feasible for the team.
If New Jersey is willing to trade him, I wouldn't rule out Holland putting together a significant package for Parise. He almost did for Hossa in '08.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Zetsyuk
Farewell Nick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
If New Jersey is willing to trade him, I wouldn't rule out Holland putting together a significant package for Parise. He almost did for Hossa in '08.
Well I know it's no secret, but TSN is now reporting (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385412) that Detroit has been noted around the league to have been trying to acquire a top-six forward, so you have a good point.

Zetsyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
We have a crush of young forwards pushing for roster spots and due for AHL spots and pro contracts.
Now is the time to make a move. Prioritize your guys with your scouts and them try move the guys who you have more doubt about.

Does anyone really think that Mursak, Emmerton, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Ferraro, Jarkrok, Pullkinen, Sheahan, Jurco and Tvrdon will ALL be on this team in 4 years or 5 years?
Not with the way the Wing traditionally promotes guys.
Wouldn't be a bad thing to thin out that herd if you're getting a guy like Parise back

Old
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....lore_opti.html

Quote:
"We’ll go over all the teams, we’ll go over our team, the real emphasis is on the trade deadline," general manager Ken Holland said. "But there’s also free agency on July 1. We’ll go over what we think we need and what might be out there for the trade deadline and also free agency."
There's an element of "kick the can down the road" in the Wings lately that I don't particularly enjoy.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Difference is, you're dyslexic. Oh well
LOL*<---fourth character added so post published

Old
01-18-2012, 03:29 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
So now we can undermind people and put ''oh well'' and we're golden? Nice
Some people undermind themselves

Old
01-18-2012, 03:31 PM
opivy
Sauce King

Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
Why would New Jersey be willing to trade him when they're in the hunt right now?

I can see them wanting to offload him if they're out of the hunt and trying to get some value for a free agent they're bound to lose - but they have a shot at the playoffs and he's a huge part of it. Wouldn't they rather make a run and then lose him?

I don't see much about him moving on the NJ board (It's hard to move around over there though - most of the other teams boards are filled with some strange things.)

I understand that people in the know are stirring things up but how much truth do we think there is to it?

opivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 03:33 PM
opivy
Sauce King

Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
Quote:
Some people undermind themselves
I used to undermind myself like you until I took an arrow in the knee.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
Why would New Jersey be willing to trade him when they're in the hunt right now?

I can see them wanting to offload him if they're out of the hunt and trying to get some value for a free agent they're bound to lose - but they have a shot at the playoffs and he's a huge part of it. Wouldn't they rather make a run and then lose him?

I don't see much about him moving on the NJ board (It's hard to move around over there though - most of the other teams boards are filled with some strange things.)

I understand that people in the know are stirring things up but how much truth do we think there is to it?

The only reason is if they know they cannot resign him and want to get something in return. I could understand how they wouldn't want to just waive goodbye after the year and end up empty handed. Yea he would give them a better shot to make the playoffs and maybe win a few games, but they have to think long term. They are already down a first round pick in the next two years thanks to the Kovy deal.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Syckle78

Quote:
We have a crush of young forwards pushing for roster spots and due for AHL spots and pro contracts.
Now is the time to make a move. Prioritize your guys with your scouts and them try move the guys who you have more doubt about.

Does anyone really think that Mursak, Emmerton, Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Ferraro, Jarkrok, Pullkinen, Sheahan, Jurco and Tvrdon will ALL be on this team in 4 years or 5 years?
Not with the way the Wing traditionally promotes guys.
Wouldn't be a bad thing to thin out that herd if you're getting a guy like Parise back

I agree, but he is still a UFA after the season. We can't give up to much for a potential rental.

Old
01-18-2012, 03:41 PM
opivy
Sauce King

Quote:
I agree, but he is still a UFA after the season. We can't give up to much for a potential rental.
I don't mind a rental if you can drive it around in the summer with a Cup.

Old
01-18-2012, 04:05 PM
nik jr

undermind?

undermine

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 04:55 PM
opivy
Sauce King

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
undermind?

undermine
He was being more subtle, I was mocking the subtle crassness with an internet meme.

You ruined the party

Old
01-18-2012, 05:09 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
It's a moot point, IMO, because I doubt he'll be traded. But keep in mind that this team's very best players are over 30. If we happen to lose Listrom and Stuart this offseason, and I'd guys like Parise and Suter are signed or go elsewhere, we'll look back at the trade deadline as the year we wasted our last chance to win a cup

Old
01-18-2012, 05:10 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
undermind?

undermine
ssshhhhh