HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread XVII

Closed Thread

Old
09-12-2011, 12:52 PM
guyzeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarc View Post
I follow Turris on twitter and at some point this summer he mentioned he was going somewhere with Wiercioch, so im pretty sure they're friends but lots of NHLers are friends though.
Phoenix is going to decide where Turris plays, he doesnt have much leverage in this situation
Of course he doesn't have any leverage.

Old
09-12-2011, 12:55 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Or they just let him sit and sweat it out. Turris can't afford to miss any hockey and he still needs to make a living. I don't buy the BS that players hold all the cards in these situations. Esepcially in Turris' case where he's a fringe NHLer at this point. I hate seeing managers give into these greedy agent's demands.

Old
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Of course he doesn't have any leverage.
ummm ya he does, If they can't come to terms on a contract, he'll either sit out, or likely be forced to sign a relatively cheap one year deal....then he'll probably have a career year, and will bolt this summer when he turns ufa....Phoenix get's absolutely nothing for their highest drafted player in franchise history.

Old
09-12-2011, 01:04 PM
starling

vCash: 50
He is still young to be UFA next summer.

Old
09-12-2011, 01:07 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
ummm ya he does, If they can't come to terms on a contract, he'll either sit out, or likely be forced to sign a relatively cheap one year deal....then he'll probably have a career year, and will bolt this summer when he turns ufa....Phoenix get's absolutely nothing for their highest drafted player in franchise history.
UFA at 22 year old?
Having a career year? It's easy when your highest is 25pts in 65 games (regardless of the minute per game played)

Old
09-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

Quote:
depends, there not really in a position of strength right now when it comes to an asking price. Stajan+2nd rounder and a so-so prospect will probably get it done if he's sitting out camp.
Only if Phoenix decides to bring in Mike Milbury as their new GM and even then I don't think Milbury is stupid enough to trade Turris away for that pile of garbage.

Old
09-12-2011, 01:18 PM
WhiteLight

Quote:
depends, there not really in a position of strength right now when it comes to an asking price. Stajan+2nd rounder and a so-so prospect will probably get it done if he's sitting out camp.
Phoenix would probably rather pay Turris 3.5 M than Stajan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Or they just let him sit and sweat it out. Turris can't afford to miss any hockey and he still needs to make a living. I don't buy the BS that players hold all the cards in these situations. Esepcially in Turris' case where he's a fringe NHLer at this point. I hate seeing managers give into these greedy agent's demands.
Agreed.

What's the max average salary of an offer sheet that requires a 2nd as compensation? That should be the way to go if the Sens were to acquire him.

Old
09-12-2011, 01:49 PM
TheSpaceCoyote
Sens fan in NL

Quote:
Even in this case he would still be a great deadline deal for a team looking for an extra push for a cup run.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:03 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Anyone think it'd be worth it to offersheet Turris? Give him 2yrs 6.2 mil-- sure, its way too much but we have the cap space. It would only cost us a 2nd and Phoenix is likely not looking to spend that much on him, as they have a budget and that is way too much, as mentioned previously.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Anderson We Trust View Post
Even in this case he would still be a great deadline deal for a team looking for an extra push for a cup run.
If every team knows he's wants out of the desert......Phoenix is going to be lowballed regardless of whether he's traded now or at the deadline.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:06 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
If he's waiting to bolt as a UFA this summer, he's going to find that it starts getting pretty cold... and then hot... and then cold... and then hot... and then cold... and then hot... and then cold... and then hot... and then he will bolt as a UFA.

TL;DR he cant become a UFA for 4 more summers.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
If he's waiting to bolt as a UFA this summer, he's going to find that it starts getting pretty cold... and then hot... and then cold... and then hot... and then cold... and then hot... and then cold... and then hot... and then he will bolt as a UFA.

TL;DR he cant become a UFA for 4 more summers.
I know he can't become a ufa until he is 27. see my above post. Why would the yotes want to keep him around if he's not commited?

Old
09-12-2011, 02:12 PM
WhiteLight

Quote:
Anyone think it'd be worth it to offersheet Turris? Give him 2yrs 6.2 mil-- sure, its way too much but we have the cap space. It would only cost us a 2nd and Phoenix is likely not looking to spend that much on him, as they have a budget and that is way too much, as mentioned previously.
I'd do it. Don't really understand why a team hasn't done it yet.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:24 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
I know he can't become a ufa until he is 27. see my above post. Why would the yotes want to keep him around if he's not commited?
1) That is massive extrapolation on your part
2) Yotes still hold all the cards. Last time I remember an RFA "forcing" his way out by asking for too much money, the Bruins got Seguin. Obviously Turris won't return that much but suggesting this lowers his value significantly ignores the past.

Last edited by wubwubwubwub: 09-12-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old
09-12-2011, 02:32 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
First thing that crossed my mind personally.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:40 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
First thing that crossed my mind personally.
Funny enough, it came to mind when I was checking out compensation figures, then I meant to post it here but accidentally posted it in the prospect thread... and then next time I check the board, the thread I meant to write in is talking about Turris. This is all very uninteresting and irrelevant but it surprised me in a cool way.

Old
09-12-2011, 03:02 PM
DG

Quote:
I would also do this. It's great having cap space to add some young potential impact players. This is the time to do it, for sure.

Old
09-12-2011, 03:05 PM
TheSpaceCoyote
Sens fan in NL

Even if we did offer sheet Turris and ended up giving a 2nd we would still have Nashville's so it's really a small loss.

Old
09-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Even if we did offer sheet Turris and ended up giving a 2nd we would still have Nashville's so it's really a small loss.
We only have Nashville's 3rd.

Old
09-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
If I'm not mistake, we have Nashville's 3rd, not 2nd.

Maybe you knew that, it just sounded like you meant Nashville's 2nd.

Old
09-12-2011, 03:56 PM
TheSpaceCoyote
Sens fan in NL

My mistake, I got it mixed up with the two 2nds we got this year. Regardless, we can still spare a 2nd for Turris.

Old
09-12-2011, 04:05 PM
xking23
Petersson

I'll gladly trade our 2nd for Turris. Turris can solve our 2nd line center for next year, and add so much talent to our team.

Old
09-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

I'll be the first one to admit that Turris would be amazing on this team, I just don't see it happening.

Old
09-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Afro Thunder*

Regin plus Foligno for Turris?

Old
09-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

DaCosta and Cowick for Turris!

Closed Thread