HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flame's 2012 1st round pick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-27-2011, 10:55 AM
  #1
Flames rebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,682
vCash: 500
Flame's 2012 1st round pick

Seems like everyone on Hb is convinced the Flames will bomb this year. Just curious to see the value placed on this pick.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 10:57 AM
  #2
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Not gonna bomb... 10th overall. Could be worse if they get tons of injuries.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 11:09 AM
  #3
AntonRodin*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,170
vCash: 500
Swap for Canucks 1st round pick?

AntonRodin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 12:29 PM
  #4
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT
 
Buckets and Gloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Better off to trade it at the end of the year...

The pick could literally fall anywhere from top 5 to 18th overall.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 12:43 PM
  #5
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 681
probably be around the middle of the pack as the flames should be contending for a playoff spot again this season.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 12:53 PM
  #6
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,895
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
probably be around the middle of the pack as the flames should be contending for a playoff spot again this season.
No they shouldn't be..

Flames are better off keeping the pick and trying to acquire more

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:01 PM
  #7
Cardiac_Canes
Registered User
 
Cardiac_Canes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,718
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Ya you guys might want to hold on to that what with your lack of prospect depth and all.

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:05 PM
  #8
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonRodin View Post
Swap for Canucks 1st round pick?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:05 PM
  #9
Haatley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
No they shouldn't be..

Flames are better off keeping the pick and trying to acquire more
they were contenders the last few ye.... oh wait a second, i knew that sounded like a bitter oilers fan. getting lonely at the bottom of the conference? maybe a couple more 1st overall picks will have you guys back in contention... or not.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:10 PM
  #10
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,089
vCash: 50
The Flames should only attempt to move this pick at the end of next year in an attempt to move up in the draft. Although, I would put it in play in a package for Marchand.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:42 PM
  #11
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,895
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
they were contenders the last few ye.... oh wait a second, i knew that sounded like a bitter oilers fan. getting lonely at the bottom of the conference? maybe a couple more 1st overall picks will have you guys back in contention... or not.
Why turn things into a pissing match? Especially with a team with a much brighter future. The Flames aren't contenders and nobody outside Calgary disagrees with that. Or has something changed in the last couple years that's made them a contender? No, they just traded their best dman... Calgary needs to keep their pick because they need to start restocking the cupboards with some better talent

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 01:48 PM
  #12
KingJet*
Welcome Back
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
I say lack of goalscoring, Iggy leads the team with 71 points I'll say and he leads in goals, team will probably be the injury team this year and pick at 1-7 at the 2012 NHL Draft.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 03:00 PM
  #13
Carolinas Identity
This is ARRGH State!
 
Carolinas Identity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: United States
Posts: 7,196
vCash: 50
If you're a Canadian team not named "Vancouver" you should probably hang on to your pick, since it'll probably be top in the top 12

Carolinas Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 03:02 PM
  #14
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneInCalgary View Post
If you're a Canadian team not named "Vancouver" you should probably hang on to your pick, since it'll probably be top in the top 12
i agree...montreal MAYBE not

Koto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 03:06 PM
  #15
Bleeker
Registered User
 
Bleeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Middle earth
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Just keep it , you'll need it more than ever

Bleeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 03:18 PM
  #16
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Seems like everyone on Hb is convinced the Flames will bomb this year. Just curious to see the value placed on this pick.
The Flames will not trade their 1st overall. It projects to be a high pick (1-10) in a solid draft.

/thread

Ps. If you're the Flames rebuilder, why trade picks.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 04:05 PM
  #17
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Why turn things into a pissing match? Especially with a team with a much brighter future. The Flames aren't contenders and nobody outside Calgary disagrees with that. Or has something changed in the last couple years that's made them a contender? No, they just traded their best dman... Calgary needs to keep their pick because they need to start restocking the cupboards with some better talent
They're a Playoff contender, without question.

I'd say 10th to 18 Overall. Middle of the pack.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 04:14 PM
  #18
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,895
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
They're a Playoff contender, without question.

I'd say 10th to 18 Overall. Middle of the pack.
Good luck with that. If it didn't work last year, how is losing your best dman going to put you over the top?

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 04:22 PM
  #19
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,138
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schalkenullvier View Post
They're a Playoff contender, without question.

I'd say 10th to 18 Overall. Middle of the pack.
How is Calgary "without question" superior to Columbus, St. Louis, Minnesota and Nashville? Even Phoenix has proven to be consistently better overall. They will have to be the second best amongst the aforementioned at a minimum just to qualify for eighth, wherein they get bounced in five by Vancouver, San Jose or LA.

Frankly, I see that pick easily being anywhere from fifth to fifteenth overall. Maybe even lower if they move Iglina at the deadline.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 04:24 PM
  #20
RA9
Registered User
 
RA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Good luck with that. If it didn't work last year, how is losing your best dman going to put you over the top?
Regher wasn't the best dman,he was number 2/3 after JBO and Giordano.

I love it when Oiler fans think they know so much about the Flames. And they added a more mobile who can ACTUALLY get the puck into the neutral/offensive zone in Butler.

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 04:27 PM
  #21
ComixZone
Registered User
 
ComixZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Good luck with that. If it didn't work last year, how is losing your best dman going to put you over the top?
Regehr + Bouwmeester was not a good pairing last year.

Also, Giordano was our best d-man last season (and likely will be this year).

The introduction of Craig Hartsburg + some youth should help the Flames overcome Regehr's loss.

The defense was the team's weakness last year, the forwards were the strength. Feaster decided to play to the team's strength and had to make some "sacrifices" in order to do so. The defense with Regehr didn't work last year, so Feaster kept his strength from last year (forwards) intact, and is trying a different approach defensively (better assistant coach in charge of defense, more youth and more foot-speed in the top 4 on the back-end).


....also there's no reason why the Flames would put their 1st in play at this time. Flames already don't have a 2nd in 2012, they're lacking in top prospects and need to continue to infuse the roster with younger players.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 04:30 PM
  #22
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,895
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
How is Calgary "without question" superior to Columbus, St. Louis, Minnesota and Nashville? Even Phoenix has proven to be consistently better overall. They will have to be the second best amongst the aforementioned at a minimum just to qualify for eighth, wherein they get bounced in five by Vancouver, San Jose or LA.

Frankly, I see that pick easily being anywhere from fifth to fifteenth overall. Maybe even lower if they move Iglina at the deadline.
This. They need to try and move Iginla and Kipper while they have value and start rebuilding. Maybe something around Iginla for Bernier at the deadline

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:38 PM
  #23
DropIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
This. They need to try and move Iginla and Kipper while they have value and start rebuilding. Maybe something around Iginla for Bernier at the deadline

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:50 PM
  #24
HoshiBlitz
Registered User
 
HoshiBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red mile.
Posts: 527
vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
This. They need to try and move Iginla and Kipper while they have value and start rebuilding. Maybe something around Iginla for Bernier at the deadline
I can see that being done if LA throws in Schenn and Simm....oh wait.

HoshiBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2011, 05:53 PM
  #25
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Top 8-12 pick at the lowest. Keep the pick.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.