HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The best moments of the 2003-2004 season #1

View Poll Results: The Best moments of the 2003-2004 season? #1
The heritage game 16 23.53%
The 4-0 season opening game win against the Leafs (Ryders first goal) 1 1.47%
The first round upset against the Bruins 32 47.06%
Sourays 6 points againts Pittsburg 2 2.94%
Sourays hat trick against Nashville 2 2.94%
Komisareks hit on Thornton 4 5.88%
Begin's game winning goal against Ottawa 1 1.47%
The Kovalev trade 5 7.35%
Bob Gainey signing as our GM 4 5.88%
Bob Gainey buying out Audettes contract 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
For me its the signing of Bob Gainey as our GM, without him.......none of the other things may have happened!!

Old
08-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
We seen who was the strongest guy

I really think that the Bruins will try to hit Komisarek next year, he will be a marked player IMO. But if they try to find him, they'll find him
Well, Thornton did get Komisarek back in game 7. The player that will be marked (by Lapointe in my opinion) will be Ribeiro.

Old
08-13-2004, 09:25 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

[QUOTE=fidette]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Thornton did get him back a game later :devil:

Hum.. yeah.. but if I remember well, when komisarek hit thornton, thornton was pushed out of play completely.. and when he get back to komisarek... komo just take the hit and it look like the hit didn't have any effect on komo...

just my opinion tough
Green, Lapointe, McGillis even hit many of you habs as well

Old
08-13-2004, 09:28 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Green, Lapointe, McGillis even hit many of you habs as well
ya but that doesn't matter. The habs aren't a very physical team so when we get a good hit like Komo's or Begin's, It's alot more important for us.

Old
08-13-2004, 09:49 AM
CH4

I wonder what you, Bruins fans, will be you best moments of next season with the crap team you gonna have... loosing all your key players....
Cant wait to kick you bruins ass hehe

Old
08-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP
I wonder what you, Bruins fans, will be you best moments of next season with the crap team you gonna have... loosing all your key players....
Ya, Gonchar, Boynton, Thornton, Samsonov, Raycroft, Bergeron, and Axelsson are all crap players. We should just cancel all our games and withdraw from the season

Plus, I didn't know that the season ended today where we can't still sign players.

Old
08-13-2004, 10:46 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Don't say that my friend.I am a good Habs fan.But don't say things like that.They have still a solid team.Thorthon,Samsononv,Gonchar,Raycroft with just that , they can be a very solid team.I have to admit that they loose a lot of key players like KUnuble.Knuble is a big lost the first line Knuble-Big Joe-Murray was a a great BIG line who can score.If the others D's were small it's finish for they.They will loose Murray who was a great 30-35 goals score.They lost a great player who wasn't expensive in Knuble.They lost O'Donnell.They have a still solid D , Gonchar is a top 10 Defenceman in the NHL or top 5.They Have Boynton and some young defenceman.The Ufa signing aren't finish for me it's didn't started again.Guys like Palffy,Murray,Kariya,Selanne,Lindros,Carter and some big other names are still not signed.

They can still be in front of us in the east conference.But We have to admit that they won't be first or second in the east.We can compete with the Bruins now.But We can't compete with teams like Ottawa and Toronto yet.
One thing for sure the bruins are better to be ready to play vs us next year .

Old
08-13-2004, 10:47 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Ya, Gonchar, Boynton, Thornton, Samsonov, Raycroft, Bergeron, and Axelsson are all crap players. We should just cancel all our games and withdraw from the season

Plus, I didn't know that the season ended today where we can't still sign players.
well there's a lot of if's surounding your team. Samsonov is very injury prone. And you don't really know IF Bergeron and Raycroft are going to repeat their great performance or justy be a one time wonder. Oh yea.....Axelsson isn't that good either.

Old
08-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
well there's a lot of if's surounding your team. Samsonov is very injury prone. And you don't really know IF Bergeron and Raycroft are going to repeat their great performance or justy be a one time wonder. Oh yea.....Axelsson isn't that good either.
I hate when people say that. Samsonov had a freak wrist injury the season before last, and last season just wasn't his year. Before that, he was healthie than many players on our team. Samsonov is not very injury prone. Axelsson is basically our only true Penelty killer(well, fitzgerald is another one but he is destined for fourth line duty) and the reason I mentioned him is that he is our shutdown player.

Sure, there are if's, every team has them.

Old
08-13-2004, 10:53 AM
x-bob

Quote:
I hate when people say that. Samsonov had a freak wrist injury the season before last, and last season just wasn't his year. Before that, he was healthie than many players on our team. Samsonov is not very injury prone. Axelsson is basically our only true Penelty killer(well, fitzgerald is another one but he is destined for fourth line duty) and the reason I mentioned him is that he is our shutdown player.

Sure, there are if's, every team has them.
True....but you have to admit, your team isn't looking too good at this point. And with a GM like yours, you never know what could happen

Old
08-13-2004, 11:00 AM
zurg999

Quote:
I remember the tucker hit. I put the game on and saw it was in overtime, so I start watching it. Maple leafs were controling the game the BANG! Kapanen couldn't even get up. Then the flyers scored and the leafs went home.
Also remember Tucker left his feet after charging to hit him: dirty hit.

Also remember Roenick scored to eliminate the Leafs after jumping on late because Kapaneen took so long to get to the bench : poetic justice.

Old
08-13-2004, 11:00 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
If you like kicking ass out of crappy team than probably highlight of your season should be beating Penguins 8-0.

(I personally love winning against good team, if I remember correctly last year I had most pleasure from wins against Colorado,Vancouver,Dallas(2x),Ottawa,Detroit(2x) etc)

Your comments sound very arrogant, it's not like the Habs suddenly turned into a powerhouse of this league.

Old
08-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
True....but you have to admit, your team isn't looking too good at this point. And with a GM like yours, you never know what could happen
Of course

Old
08-13-2004, 11:05 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
(I personally love winning against good team, if I remember correctly last year I had most pleasure from wins against Colorado,Vancouver,Dallas(2x),Ottawa,Detroit(2x) etc)
That's why The 1st round upset is in first place. We beat a better team. Habs fans are like any other fans, we love beating better teams or rivals but when you get an 8-0 win, it's stilll exciting.And what was more interesting about that game was Souray getting 6 points and breacking the records

Old
08-13-2004, 11:16 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
That's why The 1st round upset is in first place. We beat a better team. Habs fans are like any other fans, we love beating better teams or rivals but when you get an 8-0 win, it's stilll exciting.And what was more interesting about that game was Souray getting 6 points and breacking the records
I understand...I was just responding to some arrogant comments of another poster.

Old
08-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
If you like kicking ass out of crappy team than probably highlight of your season should be beating Penguins 8-0.

Your comments sound very arrogant, it's not like the Habs suddenly turned into a powerhouse of this league.
awwwwwww, dont worry Mooch stil loves ya......

Old
08-13-2004, 02:02 PM
x-bob

I'm stopping the poll soon so get your votes in.

Old
08-13-2004, 02:15 PM
x-bob

15 minutes until the next one comes out

Old
08-13-2004, 02:17 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
awwwwwww, dont worry Mooch stil loves ya......
Me? Worry? Noooooooo!

At present moment I only worry about my cruise next Saturday (In Caribbean!!!!)

Old
08-13-2004, 02:35 PM
x-bob

Poll Closed!!!

Closed Thread