HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gamers? - Anyone play NHL on XBox 360?

Old
09-20-2011, 06:10 AM
GoJackets1
Someday.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
The HF Jackets are 2-0!

For some reason, our first game timed out (scoreless), but we were credited with a 3-0 win?

The second game finished with a 1-0 HFJ win off a shot from Richard Tickler that hit a leg and went in.
We need to get some more people playing - when is a good time for everyone to be online?
Hey, sorry I couldn't play last night GCG, I can't play tonight either as I am going to the game.

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
BlueJaxs

i can usually play later in the evening say 9/10ish, but generally would not have a problem playing for a quick game or 2 anytime after 6 if I knew ahead of time....

BlueJaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesu View Post
How many people are on the team right now?
I think we only have 3-4 guys that have joined up ... but I sent out a few requests. It's only open to Jackets fans (they don't necessarily have to be HF folks). Last night, it was myself and Dr Maple ... we worked well together.

If you guys see me on, send me an invite ... if I can join, I will certainly do so.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 02:10 PM
3 goals = chili

Send a message via Skype™ to 3 goals = chili
So i just got on the ESHL...if i join as say a RW do i play exclusively with that guy like be a pro? Or can i play with everyone?

3 goals = chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 goals = chili View Post
So i just got on the ESHL...if i join as say a RW do i play exclusively with that guy like be a pro? Or can i play with everyone?
When you play EASHL, there are no line changes, so you're on the ice all the time - unless you take a penalty. Try some drop-in games first, it will help you get a feel for things ... that's what I've been doing to develop my player better.

Old
09-20-2011, 02:28 PM
3 goals = chili

Quote:
When you play EASHL, there are no line changes, so you're on the ice all the time - unless you take a penalty. Try some drop-in games first, it will help you get a feel for things ... that's what I've been doing to develop my player better.
gotcha well i sent a request to join the team anyway

Old
09-20-2011, 02:44 PM
forktie

I accepted the friend invites. thanks guys. Hopefully I can actually play some NHL with you guys soon.

Going to the game tonite. Go jackets.

forktie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 02:47 PM
forktie

oh yes, I forgot. I uploaded my first MW gameplay vid to YouTube with a crappy Pinnacle Moviebox with only composite input. At least its widescreen. PLus I mumble about stuff which isn't interesting. But anyway, yeah, I wanted to be ready for the new MW and Battlefield coming out soon.

Does anyone else do any gameplay uploading and if so, what do you use to capture the video?

Thanks.

Old
09-20-2011, 10:10 PM
cjn89

If this is on PS3, I would like to play. Send me an invite at WhySoSerious37

cjn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
gotcha well i sent a request to join the team anyway
Accepted earlier. We're still working on getting some people together to play at the same time, but if you see anyone on, feel free to start up some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn89 View Post
If this is on PS3, I would like to play. Send me an invite at WhySoSerious37
Sorry, we are on XBox Live ... you PS3ers should start your own club, there are quite a few of you!

Old
09-22-2011, 12:03 AM
3 goals = chili

Had my first encounter with a bitter "nobody knows what theyre doing" guy tonight in drop in....and suprise suprise he was a leafs fan

Old
09-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Had my first encounter with a bitter "nobody knows what theyre doing" guy tonight in drop in....and suprise suprise he was a leafs fan

Leafs fans know crummy hockey when they see it, that's for sure!

Old
09-23-2011, 02:01 AM
PuckNerd

Wow I've missed a lot, time to catch up. I'll be able to play any day from 6-whenever except game days(of course). @Forktie I do game play recording, I use a Hauppauge PVR which allows me to record in HD. I record in 1080i but since I upload to YouTube directly from iMovie they are compressed to 720p. BTW my YT user name is MrMijet. Can't wait to get back on and get into actual online games and also record some of these team games.

PuckNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijet View Post
Wow I've missed a lot, time to catch up. I'll be able to play any day from 6-whenever except game days(of course). @Forktie I do game play recording, I use a Hauppauge PVR which allows me to record in HD. I record in 1080i but since I upload to YouTube directly from iMovie they are compressed to 720p. BTW my YT user name is MrMijet. Can't wait to get back on and get into actual online games and also record some of these team games.
I'll look for you online, and we will get into some games for sure. EASHL is sure a lot of fun, but it's sometimes hard putting groups of guys with the same interests/availability.

Old
09-23-2011, 10:32 AM
forktie

Quote:
OK

The team is up and running! I think I have sent friend requests to everyone who posted their XBox Live GT for me. Once you accept my friend request, I can send you a club invite and you can join the team. If you don't want to be my friend after that, then delete me

Team: HF Jackets

EDIT: If I missed you, or if you're interested in joining, either post your GT on here, or send a friend request to Masticator13
Hey I accepted your friend request but haven't gotten team invite yet. How often does the team play together?

Old
09-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forktie View Post
Hey I accepted your friend request but haven't gotten team invite yet. How often does the team play together?
I'll send you an invite next time I'm on. We're still in the "put it together" phase at this point. A big help would be if all the guys on the team "friended" each other on XBox Live, that way it would be easy to tell when we can get a game together.

Old
09-27-2011, 04:51 PM
CBOJ

Id like to start playing...I've never done this mode before, I'm more of a BE A GM kinda fella. I'll try it out tonight when I get home after class...if anyone wants to add me and kinda show me the ropes my gamertag is BOMOSAPIEN - Send me a request

CBOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 10:33 AM
forktie

I joined the EASHL CBJ HF Boards team, and I keep playing pickup games alone. Every now and then I will check our team's info and it tells me how many teammates are online and it will say 3 or 4 or whatever.... but I am apparently not friends with the people online. I would love to start playing as a team with the same folks. If you are on the team and are not my "friend" yet, add forktie to your friend list. I've been playing a lot lately and would love to play some w you folks.

Old
10-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
I joined the EASHL CBJ HF Boards team, and I keep playing pickup games alone. Every now and then I will check our team's info and it tells me how many teammates are online and it will say 3 or 4 or whatever.... but I am apparently not friends with the people online. I would love to start playing as a team with the same folks. If you are on the team and are not my "friend" yet, add forktie to your friend list. I've been playing a lot lately and would love to play some w you folks.
Definitely.

If you see me online, send me a message and if I'm able to, I will certainly get into some team games with you. The problem I've ran into is that people who are online at the same time, simply don't seem to want to jump into a game.

We can only play together if you guys want to play together!

Old
10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Doug19

My PSN name is DougCBJ. Despite my forum style, I'm actually a nice person off of the forums, so anybody feel free to add me.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Definitely.

If you see me online, send me a message and if I'm able to, I will certainly get into some team games with you. The problem I've ran into is that people who are online at the same time, simply don't seem to want to jump into a game.

We can only play together if you guys want to play together!
bucknuts07, is my tag, I have tried to figure out how to play a club game, i see another team member on, but cant seem to play a club game. Does anyone want to play tonight ?

jacks johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
My PSN name is DougCBJ. Despite my forum style, I'm actually a nice person off of the forums, so anybody feel free to add me.

Old
11-08-2011, 09:44 AM
forktie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOjCXvxqjxk

This line was ridiculous.

Anyone on Xbox Live playing MW3, my XBL tag is forktie

I pLayed a little last nite. Game is MW2 with tweaks. Which is good and bad at the same time. Anyone else give this one a go yet?

Old
11-08-2011, 10:35 AM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Home
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOjCXvxqjxk

This line was ridiculous.

Anyone on Xbox Live playing MW3, my XBL tag is forktie

I pLayed a little last nite. Game is MW2 with tweaks. Which is good and bad at the same time. Anyone else give this one a go yet?
Ill be on when i get home, cant wait.

GoJackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 10:53 AM
650X2

If you guys didn't try it Battlefield 3 is awesome.

I have been a MW fanboy for awhile now. I won't go back, Battlefield is that much better. The kills streaks really ruin any sort of strategy in MW and is basically little kids running around killing.

Battlefield while can be a bunch of little kids running around. Seems to be more people wanting to work together to achieve the goal. Also the jets/tanks/helis/jeeps in Battlefield make it feel more realistic. Only down side is I am not sure how much I like to class setups in Battlefield yet.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote