HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Arch City Army Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-11-2011, 12:10 PM
  #101
jag72
Registered User
 
jag72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Where are your seats? Did you get the new $15 seats at the top of the arena?
I am in section 204. Yes I took advantage of the new seats at the top of the arena. These may be the only seats below $100 but I am not sure. I would think that seats that only cost $200 more wouldn't have a PSL that costs $750 more. I wonder if they decreased some of the other PSL's because of these new seats.

jag72 is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 12:20 PM
  #102
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
I am in section 204. Yes I took advantage of the new seats at the top of the arena. These may be the only seats below $100 but I am not sure. I would think that seats that only cost $200 more wouldn't have a PSL that costs $750 more. I wonder if they decreased some of the other PSL's because of these new seats.
Maybe they did but I do not see it being lowered that much since that area use to be $1,000. Maybe someone from ACA will clear it up, this whole talk started because they came out and said "PSL benefits without the PSL cost" and then remove any mention of PSL from their site.

Congrates btw on becoming a STH, that deal was a very good idea by the team.

1857 Howitzer is offline  
Old
09-11-2011, 12:25 PM
  #103
jag72
Registered User
 
jag72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Congrates btw on becoming a STH, that deal was a very good idea by the team.
Thanks. I have always wanted to be a STH and my wife really surprised me with this. Can't wait for the season to start.

On the costs of the PSL's now I have no idea but if they want people to sign up it wouldn't hurt to drop some of the pricing. Would kind of suck to have 1/4 of the cost of the tickets for the first 5 years be your PSL.

jag72 is offline  
Old
09-12-2011, 11:01 PM
  #104
EpicDegree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
I appreciate what the ACA is trying to do. If I wasn't already a season ticket holder I would probably join in, they seem like they are having a lot of fun up there. We need more fans, so we shouldn't alienate people who are trying to foster a better environment. Lord knows there has been some dead moments in the Nat.

BTW, I am a season ticket holder and PSL holder, and I take no offense to someone getting a slightly better deal for season tickets. I am more hurt by the scalpers selling tickets for 75% of what I pay, and the rediculous deals they give out with the package deals with free stuff I can't get my hands on. We took this up with CBJ management last year and got some traction. They listened and gave a peace offering. The gift card for prepaid STH was partially an idea I submitted to them. I do think they are listening and trying to make it more worthwhile to be a STH. They might not always hit the mark, but there is effort there.

For a somewhat on-topic side note, we do need some new chants. I wrote a blog piece about this a few weeks back, feel free to take a look here http://cbuscheapseats.blogspot.com/2...o-jackets.html. Chants aren't everything, but it is a way to get the crowd back into the game when things are not going well. We are just bland with our one chant.

EpicDegree is offline  
Old
09-21-2011, 10:17 AM
  #105
ColumbusMadCow
Registered User
 
ColumbusMadCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
I for one haven't been to a game with the ACA in attendance, but from reading this blog its sounds like a waste of time. Sorry. I've been to some emotional games at Nationwide and those atmospheres were created on the ice.

ColumbusMadCow is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 12:20 AM
  #106
CBJfan28
Registered User
 
CBJfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Reynoldsburg
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
I sit in the section NEXT to this group, and can't hear them half the time! I find their soccer chants annoying. I don't see this group energizing the team nor the fans. They seem to be more interested in the acceptance of their little club than the hockey club. Sorry, just one guy's opinion...

CBJfan28 is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 06:38 AM
  #107
36kap36
Registered User
 
36kap36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJfan28 View Post
I sit in the section NEXT to this group, and can't hear them half the time! I find their soccer chants annoying. I don't see this group energizing the team nor the fans. They seem to be more interested in the acceptance of their little club than the hockey club. Sorry, just one guy's opinion...
I know that's your opinion, but I sit in 218 and can hear them very clearly every time. They make the games more fun for me, so I just don't agree with you. For the team part, you may be right, but I just don't quite agree with you on the whole thing.

36kap36 is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 07:09 AM
  #108
CBJfan28
Registered User
 
CBJfan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Reynoldsburg
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36kap36 View Post
I know that's your opinion, but I sit in 218 and can hear them very clearly every time. They make the games more fun for me, so I just don't agree with you. For the team part, you may be right, but I just don't quite agree with you on the whole thing.
That makes sense; acoustics are such that you probably hear them better across the way from them than you do next to them. I'm glad they make the experience of the games more fun for you! That's probably how many others feel as well, but based on what I hear from people who sit around me and conversations I've had with people at the RBar (patrons, not employees!), there are quite a few who agree with my opinion. Thanks for disagreeing without being disagreeable!

GO JACKETS!!

CBJfan28 is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 09:55 AM
  #109
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,431
vCash: 500
I'm in 118 and all I could hear from the small contingent that was there for the Caps game was, "..., you suck!"

Not original, inspiring, or amusing. Maybe they'll get better.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 02:05 PM
  #110
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly
 
PCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 500
I havent been to a game theyve attended yet to have an opinion on the ACA. I have attended several Crew games in the supporters section and I love that environment for soccer. I'm 29 years old, but consider myself a hockey traditionalist. With that said:

1- lets go <team name> clap clap, clap, clap clap is really the only chant i think feels right for NHL hockey

2- I don't have an issue with someone yelling "hit somebody!!!" or something equally as harmless during the national anthem. Maybe it's from having been to so many minor league games growing up in Toledo (stay classy glass city)...really not sure but I actually expect someone to yell during the pause/carried note of "land of the freeee". I am open to and supportive of the idea of not interrupting Leo, since he is truly one of our traditions now.

That's it.

PCH is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 02:10 PM
  #111
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Over in 113... didn't hear them at all either of the two games at home so far. Of course, there were only a handful of folks in that section, so that might explain why I didn't hear a peep from them the whole game.

I'd estimate 8-12 aca members, give or take a few. Did they sell very many aca season tickets in that section? If so, why so few members at the preseason games? Preseason tix were required/included in my season ticket package, so I'd assume they were in the aca as well.

Derby is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 02:14 PM
  #112
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Over in 113... didn't hear them at all either of the two games at home so far. Of course, there were only a handful of folks in that section, so that might explain why I didn't hear a peep from them the whole game.

I'd estimate 8-12 aca members, give or take a few. Did they sell very many aca season tickets in that section? If so, why so few members at the preseason games? Preseason tix were required/included in my season ticket package, so I'd assume they were in the aca as well.
Meh, different strokes for different folks.

I'm picking up a half-season at minimum next year, and my preseason tickets will probably end up as kindling

joshjoshjosh is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
  #113
Derby
Pilsners in Prague
 
Derby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Meh, different strokes for different folks.

I'm picking up a half-season at minimum next year, and my preseason tickets will probably end up as kindling
I agree, different strokes. But at full price for preseason tickets, I can't imagine tossing $640 in the fire. (2 seats for two games in 113 and 2 seats for two games in Club...)

Military must be paying you alright there Josh... !

Plus.. I take advantage of every chance I get to see CBJ on ice. Preseason, owner's tourney (free), etc... I'd think a "FAN CLUB" might be inclined to do the same. Thas all...

Derby is offline  
Old
09-25-2011, 02:48 PM
  #114
ZachACA
Registered User
 
ZachACA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I agree, different strokes. But at full price for preseason tickets, I can't imagine tossing $640 in the fire. (2 seats for two games in 113 and 2 seats for two games in Club...)

Military must be paying you alright there Josh... !

Plus.. I take advantage of every chance I get to see CBJ on ice. Preseason, owner's tourney (free), etc... I'd think a "FAN CLUB" might be inclined to do the same. Thas all...
Won't deny it's been hard getting people to come in for pre-season games for the ACA. Of course, when you can only see about 3,000 people total for a game, no one is showing up. Look, all of us are totally cool with most of you not liking us. But why does there have be such hate most of the time. The majority of you have never come out with us to R-Bar or to a game. You'd realize we're just hockey fans that want to be loud, that's all. If you're not sure about us, message me, I'll buy you a beer at R-Bar and we'll talk.

ZachACA is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 01:13 PM
  #115
osurh18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
Arch City Army

While I don't want to blast these guys too hard because I do appreciate that they show up to games attempt to keep the crowd into the game, there are a few things that drive me nuts.

The one that frusterates me the most is that they have copied the same chant that our divisional rival Nashville Predators have been using for years. Everytime we score a goal they go into that stupid "He shots he scores" chant directed to the goalie. I thought for sure that after opening night when the section of Preds fans were in the lower bowl directly below the ACA where using the same chant they would stop. Sounded ridiculous with both sets of fans using it! I can only hope that some of them hopped on that Jacket Backers trip this weekend and got a second taste of how bad it sounds. Not to mention, it's not even a good chant. It sounds like a High School chant. Please stop and come up with something original.

osurh18 is online now  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:05 PM
  #116
ZachACA
Registered User
 
ZachACA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
You know, I thought we had moved beyond this. How about this, and I'm not trying to be antagonistic: YOU come up with a better chant for us for when we score, and we will drop the he "He Shoots, He Scores" chant. We are working on new chants, and for every game that I have been to this year, have come up with a team specific chant. But to be honest, it was the 4 ACA members and a few other JB's that liked us that started EVERY SINGLE CHANT on this away trip. I'd hate to think what it would be like if we weren't there.

ZachACA is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:24 PM
  #117
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
We have a long tradition of singling out whipping boys here.

Don't like tOSU's playcalling? Fire Jim Bollman!
Not fond of a trade made by the Jackets? Fire Scott Howson!
Think that was a bad pass attempt made by the QB? Sit Braxton Miller!
Didn't manage to repeat a championship? Fire Robert Warzycha!
Feel like the blueline could have done better? Trade Kris Russell/Rusty Klesla/Jan Hejda/Fedor Tyutin/Ron Hainsey!
Don't like the chants at Nationwide? Ban the Arch City Army!

Really, it's kind of silly. And more than a little embarrassing.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
  #118
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
... to be honest, it was the 4 ACA members and a few other JB's that liked us that started EVERY SINGLE CHANT on this away trip. I'd hate to think what it would be like if we weren't there.
There'd be no chants?

pete goegan is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:26 PM
  #119
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
There'd be no chants?
*shudders*

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:27 PM
  #120
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We have a long tradition of singling out whipping boys here.

Don't like tOSU's playcalling? Fire Jim Bollman!
Not fond of a trade made by the Jackets? Fire Scott Howson!
Think that was a bad pass attempt made by the QB? Sit Braxton Miller!
Didn't manage to repeat a championship? Fire Robert Warzycha!
Feel like the blueline could have done better? Trade Kris Russell/Rusty Klesla/Jan Hejda/Fedor Tyutin/Ron Hainsey!
Don't like the chants at Nationwide? Ban the Arch City Army!

Really, it's kind of silly. And more than a little embarrassing.
Did you just really attempt to lump all of those into an ACA rant and try and draw parallels? Bad Viqsi. Bad.

It's almost like you are saying, if someone doesn't agree with your position it's irrational. You couldn't be trying to say that could you?

I don't even think I've heard them at a game this year, so what do I care what they chant?

On a side note, I don't remember anyone saying ban the ACA. Got a link to that one or were you just exaggerating?


Last edited by blahblah: 11-21-2011 at 02:35 PM.
blahblah is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:28 PM
  #121
codeyh
HFB Partner
 
codeyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cellblock 303
Country: United States
Posts: 462
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
How about this, and I'm not trying to be antagonistic: YOU come up with a better chant for us for when we score, and we will drop the he "He Shoots, He Scores" chant.


We fight a similar battle (see the avatar to the left for "we").
I appreciate what the ACA is trying to do, someone's got to try.

codeyh is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:31 PM
  #122
ZachACA
Registered User
 
ZachACA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
There'd be no chants?
And hey, if that's what you want, that's your personal opinion. But when members of the team have told us that when they hear us up in 227 it makes them happy or when they make post game comments after the Nashville game like they did or post on Twitter like they did, I think it's better to make them happy and not a small selection of people on the internet and message boards that don't like what we do.

I know some of you have had either a bad moment with an ACA member or don't like things we've said, but as I've said every time it's brought up: come to R-Bar, sit with us for a half hour and share a beer, and you'll see we're just like you. Hardcore hockey fans that truly want to make NWA an amazing place to be in each night. If you have pointers, say them, but it's hard to take a back handed compliment every single time. It's always "we like what you're doing, but your childish chants are stupid and I hate them"...which is it? I say come join us in 227, show us how you'd like us do a certain thing and become part of the solution.

ZachACA is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:40 PM
  #123
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
And hey, if that's what you want, that's your personal opinion. But when members of the team have told us that when they hear us up in 227 it makes them happy or when they make post game comments after the Nashville game like they did or post on Twitter like they did, I think it's better to make them happy and not a small selection of people on the internet and message boards that don't like what we do.
I'm great with additional noise making, but did you honestly expect them to say something else? I could really see a player going "Who? Oh, what the hell is up with those chants? It's distracting, annoying, and unoriginal."

Just do your thing and ignore the criticism. Someone is always going to complain. At some point that might even be me if there is something I don't like. Big deal.

blahblah is offline  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:41 PM
  #124
osurh18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 30
vCash: 500
The problem isn't most of the chants and I've never had an issue with any of your members. If you guys do spend time to come up with "Game Day" chants....take a few games off and come up with an original goal chant. Or atleast rip one off from a team not in our division. That's my main issue.

As I said before, we all appreciate the bodies in the seats and attempts to keep (get) the crowds into the games. Hard job with how bad the team has been.

osurh18 is online now  
Old
11-21-2011, 02:50 PM
  #125
ZachACA
Registered User
 
ZachACA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by osurh18 View Post
The problem isn't most of the chants and I've never had an issue with any of your members. If you guys do spend time to come up with "Game Day" chants....take a few games off and come up with an original goal chant. Or atleast rip one off from a team not in our division. That's my main issue.

As I said before, we all appreciate the bodies in the seats and attempts to keep (get) the crowds into the games. Hard job with how bad the team has been.
See, this is the kind of thing to say to us in person. And then we'd tell you "well, join the ACA, come out with us, and HELP us do this". You know how hard it is to come up with an ORIGINAL goal chant? It's not easy. But at least we have something out there. We'd love for any help. But just saying "change it" without a suggestion is not gonna work.

ZachACA is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.