HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Arch City Army Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2011, 12:10 PM
jag72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Where are your seats? Did you get the new $15 seats at the top of the arena?
I am in section 204. Yes I took advantage of the new seats at the top of the arena. These may be the only seats below $100 but I am not sure. I would think that seats that only cost $200 more wouldn't have a PSL that costs $750 more. I wonder if they decreased some of the other PSL's because of these new seats.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:20 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
I am in section 204. Yes I took advantage of the new seats at the top of the arena. These may be the only seats below $100 but I am not sure. I would think that seats that only cost $200 more wouldn't have a PSL that costs $750 more. I wonder if they decreased some of the other PSL's because of these new seats.
Maybe they did but I do not see it being lowered that much since that area use to be $1,000. Maybe someone from ACA will clear it up, this whole talk started because they came out and said "PSL benefits without the PSL cost" and then remove any mention of PSL from their site.

Congrates btw on becoming a STH, that deal was a very good idea by the team.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:25 PM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Congrates btw on becoming a STH, that deal was a very good idea by the team.
Thanks. I have always wanted to be a STH and my wife really surprised me with this. Can't wait for the season to start.

On the costs of the PSL's now I have no idea but if they want people to sign up it wouldn't hurt to drop some of the pricing. Would kind of suck to have 1/4 of the cost of the tickets for the first 5 years be your PSL.

Old
09-12-2011, 11:01 PM
EpicDegree

I appreciate what the ACA is trying to do. If I wasn't already a season ticket holder I would probably join in, they seem like they are having a lot of fun up there. We need more fans, so we shouldn't alienate people who are trying to foster a better environment. Lord knows there has been some dead moments in the Nat.

BTW, I am a season ticket holder and PSL holder, and I take no offense to someone getting a slightly better deal for season tickets. I am more hurt by the scalpers selling tickets for 75% of what I pay, and the rediculous deals they give out with the package deals with free stuff I can't get my hands on. We took this up with CBJ management last year and got some traction. They listened and gave a peace offering. The gift card for prepaid STH was partially an idea I submitted to them. I do think they are listening and trying to make it more worthwhile to be a STH. They might not always hit the mark, but there is effort there.

For a somewhat on-topic side note, we do need some new chants. I wrote a blog piece about this a few weeks back, feel free to take a look here http://cbuscheapseats.blogspot.com/2...o-jackets.html. Chants aren't everything, but it is a way to get the crowd back into the game when things are not going well. We are just bland with our one chant.

Old
09-21-2011, 10:17 AM
ColumbusMadCow

I for one haven't been to a game with the ACA in attendance, but from reading this blog its sounds like a waste of time. Sorry. I've been to some emotional games at Nationwide and those atmospheres were created on the ice.

Old
09-25-2011, 12:20 AM
CBJfan28

I sit in the section NEXT to this group, and can't hear them half the time! I find their soccer chants annoying. I don't see this group energizing the team nor the fans. They seem to be more interested in the acceptance of their little club than the hockey club. Sorry, just one guy's opinion...

Old
09-25-2011, 06:38 AM
36kap36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJfan28 View Post
I sit in the section NEXT to this group, and can't hear them half the time! I find their soccer chants annoying. I don't see this group energizing the team nor the fans. They seem to be more interested in the acceptance of their little club than the hockey club. Sorry, just one guy's opinion...
I know that's your opinion, but I sit in 218 and can hear them very clearly every time. They make the games more fun for me, so I just don't agree with you. For the team part, you may be right, but I just don't quite agree with you on the whole thing.

Old
09-25-2011, 07:09 AM
CBJfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36kap36 View Post
I know that's your opinion, but I sit in 218 and can hear them very clearly every time. They make the games more fun for me, so I just don't agree with you. For the team part, you may be right, but I just don't quite agree with you on the whole thing.
That makes sense; acoustics are such that you probably hear them better across the way from them than you do next to them. I'm glad they make the experience of the games more fun for you! That's probably how many others feel as well, but based on what I hear from people who sit around me and conversations I've had with people at the RBar (patrons, not employees!), there are quite a few who agree with my opinion. Thanks for disagreeing without being disagreeable!

GO JACKETS!!

Old
09-25-2011, 09:55 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm in 118 and all I could hear from the small contingent that was there for the Caps game was, "..., you suck!"

Not original, inspiring, or amusing. Maybe they'll get better.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:05 PM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

I havent been to a game theyve attended yet to have an opinion on the ACA. I have attended several Crew games in the supporters section and I love that environment for soccer. I'm 29 years old, but consider myself a hockey traditionalist. With that said:

1- lets go <team name> clap clap, clap, clap clap is really the only chant i think feels right for NHL hockey

2- I don't have an issue with someone yelling "hit somebody!!!" or something equally as harmless during the national anthem. Maybe it's from having been to so many minor league games growing up in Toledo (stay classy glass city)...really not sure but I actually expect someone to yell during the pause/carried note of "land of the freeee". I am open to and supportive of the idea of not interrupting Leo, since he is truly one of our traditions now.

That's it.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Over in 113... didn't hear them at all either of the two games at home so far. Of course, there were only a handful of folks in that section, so that might explain why I didn't hear a peep from them the whole game.

I'd estimate 8-12 aca members, give or take a few. Did they sell very many aca season tickets in that section? If so, why so few members at the preseason games? Preseason tix were required/included in my season ticket package, so I'd assume they were in the aca as well.

Old
09-25-2011, 02:14 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Over in 113... didn't hear them at all either of the two games at home so far. Of course, there were only a handful of folks in that section, so that might explain why I didn't hear a peep from them the whole game.

I'd estimate 8-12 aca members, give or take a few. Did they sell very many aca season tickets in that section? If so, why so few members at the preseason games? Preseason tix were required/included in my season ticket package, so I'd assume they were in the aca as well.
Meh, different strokes for different folks.

I'm picking up a half-season at minimum next year, and my preseason tickets will probably end up as kindling

Old
09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Meh, different strokes for different folks.

I'm picking up a half-season at minimum next year, and my preseason tickets will probably end up as kindling
I agree, different strokes. But at full price for preseason tickets, I can't imagine tossing $640 in the fire. (2 seats for two games in 113 and 2 seats for two games in Club...)

Military must be paying you alright there Josh... !

Plus.. I take advantage of every chance I get to see CBJ on ice. Preseason, owner's tourney (free), etc... I'd think a "FAN CLUB" might be inclined to do the same. Thas all...

Old
09-25-2011, 02:48 PM
ZachACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I agree, different strokes. But at full price for preseason tickets, I can't imagine tossing $640 in the fire. (2 seats for two games in 113 and 2 seats for two games in Club...)

Military must be paying you alright there Josh... !

Plus.. I take advantage of every chance I get to see CBJ on ice. Preseason, owner's tourney (free), etc... I'd think a "FAN CLUB" might be inclined to do the same. Thas all...
Won't deny it's been hard getting people to come in for pre-season games for the ACA. Of course, when you can only see about 3,000 people total for a game, no one is showing up. Look, all of us are totally cool with most of you not liking us. But why does there have be such hate most of the time. The majority of you have never come out with us to R-Bar or to a game. You'd realize we're just hockey fans that want to be loud, that's all. If you're not sure about us, message me, I'll buy you a beer at R-Bar and we'll talk.

Old
11-21-2011, 01:13 PM
osurh18

Arch City Army

While I don't want to blast these guys too hard because I do appreciate that they show up to games attempt to keep the crowd into the game, there are a few things that drive me nuts.

The one that frusterates me the most is that they have copied the same chant that our divisional rival Nashville Predators have been using for years. Everytime we score a goal they go into that stupid "He shots he scores" chant directed to the goalie. I thought for sure that after opening night when the section of Preds fans were in the lower bowl directly below the ACA where using the same chant they would stop. Sounded ridiculous with both sets of fans using it! I can only hope that some of them hopped on that Jacket Backers trip this weekend and got a second taste of how bad it sounds. Not to mention, it's not even a good chant. It sounds like a High School chant. Please stop and come up with something original.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:05 PM
ZachACA

You know, I thought we had moved beyond this. How about this, and I'm not trying to be antagonistic: YOU come up with a better chant for us for when we score, and we will drop the he "He Shoots, He Scores" chant. We are working on new chants, and for every game that I have been to this year, have come up with a team specific chant. But to be honest, it was the 4 ACA members and a few other JB's that liked us that started EVERY SINGLE CHANT on this away trip. I'd hate to think what it would be like if we weren't there.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
We have a long tradition of singling out whipping boys here.

Don't like tOSU's playcalling? Fire Jim Bollman!
Not fond of a trade made by the Jackets? Fire Scott Howson!
Think that was a bad pass attempt made by the QB? Sit Braxton Miller!
Didn't manage to repeat a championship? Fire Robert Warzycha!
Feel like the blueline could have done better? Trade Kris Russell/Rusty Klesla/Jan Hejda/Fedor Tyutin/Ron Hainsey!
Don't like the chants at Nationwide? Ban the Arch City Army!

Really, it's kind of silly. And more than a little embarrassing.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
... to be honest, it was the 4 ACA members and a few other JB's that liked us that started EVERY SINGLE CHANT on this away trip. I'd hate to think what it would be like if we weren't there.
There'd be no chants?

Old
11-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
There'd be no chants?
*shudders*

Old
11-21-2011, 02:27 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We have a long tradition of singling out whipping boys here.

Don't like tOSU's playcalling? Fire Jim Bollman!
Not fond of a trade made by the Jackets? Fire Scott Howson!
Think that was a bad pass attempt made by the QB? Sit Braxton Miller!
Didn't manage to repeat a championship? Fire Robert Warzycha!
Feel like the blueline could have done better? Trade Kris Russell/Rusty Klesla/Jan Hejda/Fedor Tyutin/Ron Hainsey!
Don't like the chants at Nationwide? Ban the Arch City Army!

Really, it's kind of silly. And more than a little embarrassing.
Did you just really attempt to lump all of those into an ACA rant and try and draw parallels? Bad Viqsi. Bad.

It's almost like you are saying, if someone doesn't agree with your position it's irrational. You couldn't be trying to say that could you?

I don't even think I've heard them at a game this year, so what do I care what they chant?

On a side note, I don't remember anyone saying ban the ACA. Got a link to that one or were you just exaggerating?

Last edited by blahblah: 11-21-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old
11-21-2011, 02:28 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Quote:
How about this, and I'm not trying to be antagonistic: YOU come up with a better chant for us for when we score, and we will drop the he "He Shoots, He Scores" chant.

We fight a similar battle (see the avatar to the left for "we").
I appreciate what the ACA is trying to do, someone's got to try.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:31 PM
ZachACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
There'd be no chants?
And hey, if that's what you want, that's your personal opinion. But when members of the team have told us that when they hear us up in 227 it makes them happy or when they make post game comments after the Nashville game like they did or post on Twitter like they did, I think it's better to make them happy and not a small selection of people on the internet and message boards that don't like what we do.

I know some of you have had either a bad moment with an ACA member or don't like things we've said, but as I've said every time it's brought up: come to R-Bar, sit with us for a half hour and share a beer, and you'll see we're just like you. Hardcore hockey fans that truly want to make NWA an amazing place to be in each night. If you have pointers, say them, but it's hard to take a back handed compliment every single time. It's always "we like what you're doing, but your childish chants are stupid and I hate them"...which is it? I say come join us in 227, show us how you'd like us do a certain thing and become part of the solution.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:40 PM
blahblah

Quote:
And hey, if that's what you want, that's your personal opinion. But when members of the team have told us that when they hear us up in 227 it makes them happy or when they make post game comments after the Nashville game like they did or post on Twitter like they did, I think it's better to make them happy and not a small selection of people on the internet and message boards that don't like what we do.
I'm great with additional noise making, but did you honestly expect them to say something else? I could really see a player going "Who? Oh, what the hell is up with those chants? It's distracting, annoying, and unoriginal."

Just do your thing and ignore the criticism. Someone is always going to complain. At some point that might even be me if there is something I don't like. Big deal.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:41 PM
osurh18

The problem isn't most of the chants and I've never had an issue with any of your members. If you guys do spend time to come up with "Game Day" chants....take a few games off and come up with an original goal chant. Or atleast rip one off from a team not in our division. That's my main issue.

As I said before, we all appreciate the bodies in the seats and attempts to keep (get) the crowds into the games. Hard job with how bad the team has been.

Old
11-21-2011, 02:50 PM
ZachACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by osurh18 View Post
The problem isn't most of the chants and I've never had an issue with any of your members. If you guys do spend time to come up with "Game Day" chants....take a few games off and come up with an original goal chant. Or atleast rip one off from a team not in our division. That's my main issue.

As I said before, we all appreciate the bodies in the seats and attempts to keep (get) the crowds into the games. Hard job with how bad the team has been.
See, this is the kind of thing to say to us in person. And then we'd tell you "well, join the ACA, come out with us, and HELP us do this". You know how hard it is to come up with an ORIGINAL goal chant? It's not easy. But at least we have something out there. We'd love for any help. But just saying "change it" without a suggestion is not gonna work.

Closed Thread