HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The Arch City Army Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2012, 02:07 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
I'm amused that all haven't caught on to CBJCountryClub being tongue in cheek yet. I wonder which of you he is?
There are a few of us that have a guess as to who it is.

Old
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCountryClub View Post
I admire and support the ACA (and I am a card carrying, scarf wearing member) because they stand for the same things I do - they support the CBJ. No. Matter. What.
There seems to be some disagreement whether they are as dedicated as you seem to suggest they are.

Quote:
One day you will be all kissing my a** once Howson and Arniel overcome the doubters and put the CBJ on top where they belong.
I will celebrate that day, as would I celebrate world peace. I would like to think that the Scott's overcoming their doubters with the CBJ would be an easier task, sometimes I am not sure. Would I be kissing your arse? Lol, right.... Blind squirrels have been known to find nuts. Howson and Arniel are bound to get better at their jobs at some point. At least I would hope so.

Quote:
And I will be able to say my commitment and support never wavered.
Since I watch the team almost every game and have a half season season ticket package, I would say that my commitment and support are just fine.

I am loyal to the team, not the moving parts. Meaning they could replace everyone on this team in the off season and I could give a crap less.... I would still support the team again next year.

My dislike of Howson and, now, Arniel has not affected my desire for this team to win. You can be critical of the team and still support them, cheer for them, and follow them. I love my team, doesn't mean I have to like them or who they employ.

What does this mean? If you are a serious poster, you are miles off base with your evaluation of the team and it's fan base. You are going to get people upset and boo when you continue to lose. Get over it already. All this was with the assumption that you are a legitimate poster and that you believe what you type.

It's really hard to take your position seriously though.

Old
01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Look, I regret taking the name "country club" on here. I did so because I work at little turtle CC. Everybody seems to think my name somehow reflects all the "Nationwide Arena CC" stuff, which was never my intention.

I admire and support the ACA (and I am a card carrying, scarf wearing member) because they stand for the same things I do - they support the CBJ. No. Matter. What.

One day you will be all kissing my a** once Howson and Arniel overcome the doubters and put the CBJ on top where they belong. And I will be able to say my commitment and support never wavered.
I see so you are a "better fan" than the rest of the board?

Were you downtown buying a year 1 PSL? Plenty of people on this board did that.

Old
01-04-2012, 02:35 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I see so you are a "better fan" than the rest of the board?

Were you downtown buying a year 1 PSL? Plenty of people on this board did that.
Do you really think he was old enough to go downtown by himself, then? He's either pimping us, or he's twelve - no adult could maintain that rosey an outlook regarding this team without such massive drug intake as to be incapable of sitting upright, let alone typing posts. Eva, have you been letting Julka at the keyboard?

Old
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Look, I regret taking the name "country club" on here. I did so because I work at little turtle CC. Everybody seems to think my name somehow reflects all the "Nationwide Arena CC" stuff, which was never my intention.

One day you will be all kissing my a** once Howson and Arniel overcome the doubters and put the CBJ on top where they belong. And I will be able to say my commitment and support never wavered.
Unless of course there is a preseason soccer match which conflicts with a hockey game. Then, the ranks of the mighty ACA go from 7 to about 3.

Lame. Self-promoting. Insulting lower bowl fans (who largely pay the bills, btw).

As leek mentioned, there have been a lot of people steadfastly supporting this team longer and stronger than the half-dozen ACA drones.

Old
01-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Another little ACA anectdote. Apparently, one of the members was "thrown out" of section 216 a few games ago. CBJ fans in that section objected to something she was doing and asked the usher to hush her (little poetry there.. "usher to hush her") She claims to have been BANNED from that section, much to her indignation and horror.

Now, after a few inquiries, the rest of the story is that she didn't actually have seats in 216. She scrambled over from cheaper seats, then evidently caused some sort of ruckus. Apparently she doesn't understand why the people who PAID for their seats in that area might object to her freeloading boorish behavior. Sit in the seats you pay for or pay for better seats.

Par for the course.

Last edited by Derby: 01-04-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old
01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

I'd love to see them do it. Anyone here will tell you that there is no greater Howson fan here than me. But I'm not sure anymore if they can.

I fully expect that our time will come. I don't despair for the CBJ. But I think Arniel is done here, and I fear for Howson's future as well.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-04-2012, 04:07 PM
DaveCBJ
Boom. Outta here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I fully expect that our time will come. I don't despair for the CBJ. But I think Arniel is done here, and I fear for Howson's future as well.
I think we all knew that Arniel was done after "the" press conference. Unfortunate. However, I also choose to remain hopeful that we will make the right moves and non-moves to get back on track.

Old
01-04-2012, 04:11 PM
ZachACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Another little ACA anectdote. Apparently, one of the members was "thrown out" of section 216 a few games ago. CBJ fans in that section objected to something she was doing and asked the usher to hush her (little poetry there.. "usher to hush her") She claims to have been BANNED from that section, much to her indignation and horror.

Now, after a few inquiries, the rest of the story is that she didn't actually have seats in 216. She scrambled over from cheaper seats, then evidently caused some sort of ruckus. Apparently she doesn't understand why the people who PAID for their seats in that area might object to her freeloading boorish behavior. Sit in the seats you pay for or pay for better seats.

Par for the course.
Actually that's not true. But I'm not gonna get in to it with you. Let's try not to spread rumors, ok?

Old
01-04-2012, 04:21 PM
CBJCountryClub

Well people my gig is up. My contact at the team has not been happy with my results, and now since I told you all to kiss my a**, I have been cut off.

I want to tell you all so you know the truth. The CBJ were hooking me up with tickets and fan bucks in exchange for disseminating positive information to change the perception about the team. They weren't happy with my results as obviously I wasn't changing anyone's mind on this board. They threatened to cut me off if I didn't get better results, I was getting frustrated and now I'm cut off..

Others have gone online to opponents message boards to spread the word about ticket packages to games, these folks have been more successful as other fans have been attending games in higher numbers.

I guess there just isn't enough lipstick in the world for some pigs.

I'm sorry to have attempted to deceive anyone here. Hopefully no hard feelings.

JJ

Old
01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Well people my gig is up. My contact at the team has not been happy with my results, and now since I told you all to kiss my a**, I have been cut off.

I want to tell you all so you know the truth. The CBJ were hooking me up with tickets and fan bucks in exchange for disseminating positive information to change the perception about the team. They weren't happy with my results as obviously I wasn't changing anyone's mind on this board. They threatened to cut me off if I didn't get better results, I was getting frustrated and now I'm cut off..

Others have gone online to opponents message boards to spread the word about ticket packages to games, these folks have been more successful as other fans have been attending games in higher numbers.

I guess there just isn't enough lipstick in the world for some pigs.

I'm sorry to have attempted to deceive anyone here. Hopefully no hard feelings.

JJ
What a crock. I have no clue what this post is about, but I seriously doubt the CBJ cares enough about this message board to do anything you claimed.

Perhaps you should buy a ticket package. Hey, I know! Join the Arch City Army, they have cheap tickets!

Old
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Oi vey, this thread is OT.

Thread closed.