HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Dumb Hockeyfuzz rumor du jour: Iginla to the Sabres

Old
08-30-2011, 07:15 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

vCash: 500
The more I think about it, the more I'm coming around to the idea.

Vanek-Roy-Iginla forms the first truly fear-evoking #1 line this team has had since Patty LaLa and Mogilny were tearing it up in 1993.

I seriously think that makes us instant Cup contenders. If we can get away with only losing Stafford off the current roster...

Vanek-Roy-Iginla
Ennis-Leino-Pominville

Is one FILTHY top-6.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 07:20 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
To CGY.

Tyler Ennis
Brad Boyes
Brayden Mcnabb
1st Round Draft Pick 2012

To BUF.

Jerome Iginla
I'm sort of with you here. But then...

Quote:
You take that deal and ship it to Ottawa for Spezza. I love Iginla but this team needs a #1 Center. Imagine Roy playing on the third line.

So you'd trade Ennis, Boyes, McNabb, and a 1st for Spezza? Why even bother with the Iginla trade? I'm sure the Sens would be thrilled with Ennis, McNabb, and a 1st for Jasoveratedon Spezza.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 07:21 PM
5 Minute Major

IMO, the Sabres will have a top 5-10 offense this season.

If they are going to add anyone at the deadline I'd look to add another stud defenseman if one is available.

Continue to build that blueline in front of Miller and it will pay off in aces come May and June.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
At the Trade Deadline:

To CGY.

Tyler Ennis
Brad Boyes
Brayden Mcnabb
1st Round Draft Pick 2012

To BUF.

Jerome Iginla

Would this work salary wise?

I certainly think its fair value for both sides.
I think we also have to toss in Enroth...Then I think this deal will come to fruition.

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 07:39 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
I'm sort of with you here. But then...

So you'd trade Ennis, Boyes, McNabb, and a 1st for Spezza? Why even bother with the Iginla trade? I'm sure the Sens would be thrilled with Ennis, McNabb, and a 1st for Jasoveratedon Spezza.
The Calgary/Buf Trade was proposed by someone else. Spezza is a younger player that fits this teams #1 need. While Iginla is a beast no doubt.... Spezza on a line with Vanek could do some incredible damage.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Selanne00008

I'm pretty much on the not trading Ennis for anyone train.
I would not make that deal if I were Buffalo.

I'd ratehr trade for Iggy right now and find a way to Jedi Calgray into taking Pominville + for him. Nearly anything but the Tylers

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 08:03 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Garth cranked up the retard to epic proportions on this.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTH...--IGGY/6/37801

You have to be kidding me. I've seen some REALLY dumb stuff on the internets, but this..... A player who lives in Europe and hasn't been back to the US yet, that means he's TRADE BAIT ZOMG!!!

It disgusts me that I work for my money, and he gets paid to write drivel like this.

Making matters worse (if thats possible), he starts that portion of his article by saying "Stafford isn't going anywhere. Teams don't sign players to 4 year, $16 million contracts just to turn around and trade them."

Oh, but they sign players to 6 year, $27(?) million deals just to turn around and trade them, Garth?

What a ****ing dumbass.

gallagt01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 08:04 PM
gallagt01

Double, sorry. Hf is acting strange.

Old
08-30-2011, 08:05 PM
gallagt01

Triple, sorry. Hf is acting strange.

Old
08-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Kc232
Hi

While I do think that the addition of Spezza/Iginla would be nice, I feel a lot of people are failing to realize that besides the great acquisitions we already made, their going to do so much better just through addition by subtraction (Connolly, Grier, Neids).

Those dead wholes in the roster will be filled with much better projected scoring (and defense).

Kc232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 09:15 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
IMO, the Sabres will have a top 5-10 offense this season.

If they are going to add anyone at the deadline I'd look to add another stud defenseman if one is available.

Continue to build that blueline in front of Miller and it will pay off in aces come May and June.
If you're going the Vet forward with offensve punch and similar game to Iggy, Shane Doan might be a cheaper rental depending on PHX's record and his desire to stay there.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 02:27 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirris View Post
You forgot the "sarcasm" emoticon.
And you forgot common sense, if you want a player of Iginlas caliber that is what you have to give up. Ya its alot and IMO Buffalo is over-paying a little bit but that is what it takes.

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 02:31 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Quote:
The Calgary/Buf Trade was proposed by someone else. Spezza is a younger player that fits this teams #1 need. While Iginla is a beast no doubt.... Spezza on a line with Vanek could do some incredible damage.
While this is true, I think the risk is far to great sending all of that to a division rival. That package could turn Ottawa into a serious contender in the next 2-3 years then we will have to compete with them while Spezza will be in his after prime years. I also think Spezza is overacted too and can't stand him so that bias doesn't help. Have to agree with the proposal though as thats what it would take to get him..

Old
08-31-2011, 08:54 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
If they dumped Kotalik and Morrisonn before the season began, I believe it would fit.
But that is without knowing how much cap space is used up by recalls in the event of a major injury or a boatload of injuries.

We won't know how much cap space they have to play with at the deadline until we get to New Years and beyond.

In all likelihood, it should fit. But, the season could potentially play out in a way that even that small of a cap increase in the deadline won't fit.

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Sabretip

FWIW, the Flames PxP man, Peter Maher, was on WGR this morning and thinks there's no chance of Iginla being moved at all, based on direct conversations he's had with Calgary president Ken King. King has publicly said he wants Iginla to play out the final 2 years of his contract in Calgary and even beyond.

The only remote possibility Maher allowed for is if Iginla were to go to management and ask to be traded to a contender because he sees the Flames in a rebuilding mode.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kc232 View Post
While I do think that the addition of Spezza/Iginla would be nice, I feel a lot of people are failing to realize that besides the great acquisitions we already made, their going to do so much better just through addition by subtraction (Connolly, Grier, Neids).

Those dead wholes in the roster will be filled with much better projected scoring (and defense).
Agree with Connolly and Niedermayer, not with Grier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
If you're going the Vet forward with offensve punch and similar game to Iggy, Shane Doan might be a cheaper rental depending on PHX's record and his desire to stay there.
If I had a choice between the two, I'd go with Doan as well.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

He'll fetch the same as Smyth did when he got traded to the isles 2 so so prospects and a 1st, because Iginla won't be traded til he's a UFA to be. Anything more would be stupid.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 07:18 PM
not a trapdoor
I swallowed my keys

Send a message via MSN to not a trapdoor
Gee, I _just_ got a Iginla Jersey too. This would mean I'd have to buy another

Seriously, I'm all for a player like Iginla on board, but not at the expense of our future. If _he_ wants to head to a contender while the Flames are rebuilding in his career twilight, I fully understand that. And I fully understand that he's still got a few years of production in him. But what happens if we trade away our future for a cup run _this_ year and Iginla goes down with an ACL while playing in Europe?

So yeah, I've love to bring him on board by all means, but only if the price is right. As a few posters have alluded to, this makes more sense at the trade deadline when the Flames' 11-12 season isn't going anywhere and Iginla's asking to move. The price will be lower and the risk less as a result.

not a trapdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 08:31 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
While this is true, I think the risk is far to great sending all of that to a division rival. That package could turn Ottawa into a serious contender in the next 2-3 years then we will have to compete with them while Spezza will be in his after prime years. I also think Spezza is overacted too and can't stand him so that bias doesn't help. Have to agree with the proposal though as thats what it would take to get him..
Spezza would be turning 31 in 3 years....still in his prime. And while I agree that Ennis would be a huge lost. McNabb, a 1st and Boyes wouldn't. Who's to say Ottawa resigns Boyes? That 1st rounder should be late(maybe trade them Cal 2nd instead). McNabb.. while having a lot of potential would just be wasting away in Roc. Spezza averages over a point per game and is the setup man Vanek needs to become a 40-50 goal scorer.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I actually just got a minor headache trying to figure out why any non-retarded manager would want to make a deal between those two teams with that player involved. I mean, we got wingers. We got A LOT OF WINGERS. More wingers? That's not logical. And we just ate a a contract from that very same team, so...hence the headache.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Smitzo4221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
I'm pretty much on the not trading Ennis for anyone train.
I would not make that deal if I were Buffalo.

I'd ratehr trade for Iggy right now and find a way to Jedi Calgray into taking Pominville + for him. Nearly anything but the Tylers
Totally agree here

Smitzo4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 10:19 PM
Insomniac99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitzo4221 View Post
Totally agree here
Me too. I see Ennis as a future Roy with the stickhandling of Afinogenov. He has way of maneuvering in a space the size of a closet and still somehow keeping the puck. All this while dragging more and more players to him, opening up his linemates.

Insomniac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:16 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Quote:
Spezza would be turning 31 in 3 years....still in his prime. And while I agree that Ennis would be a huge lost. McNabb, a 1st and Boyes wouldn't. Who's to say Ottawa resigns Boyes? That 1st rounder should be late(maybe trade them Cal 2nd instead). McNabb.. while having a lot of potential would just be wasting away in Roc. Spezza averages over a point per game and is the setup man Vanek needs to become a 40-50 goal scorer.
I have always been against trading for Spezza, this package is the one I like the most though and feel is as much value as Ottawas going to get for him..

Sign me up.

Old
09-02-2011, 09:42 AM
OkimLom

I think any trade involving Spezza would have to start with Roy. Then work on the package(I think Brennan + Draft pick). Since its Roy I dont see Buffalo giving that much up in prospects. Whoever brought up Doan, I love the idea for him to be here. I think he would fit here nicely. With Phoenix giving up Bryz, and if the season is a wash, I could see him trying to waive his NMC to here. Then next year we sign him for a few more years. Next year if we nab Spezza and keep Doan: (Not inlcuding guys we sign to replace potential departures of Gaustad, Hecht, Kaleta, Morrison, Boyes, Kotalik)

Vanek-Spezza-Doan
Pominville-Leino-Stafford
Ennis-Adam-Kassian
Gerbe-McCormick-Foligno*

*Not a locked roster spot

Myers-Regehr
Ehroff-Leopold
Sekera-Weber

Thats a lot of firepower in your lineup. It's missing the role players though.

OkimLom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
I think any trade involving Spezza would have to start with Roy. Then work on the package(I think Brennan + Draft pick). Since its Roy I dont see Buffalo giving that much up in prospects. Whoever brought up Doan, I love the idea for him to be here. I think he would fit here nicely. With Phoenix giving up Bryz, and if the season is a wash, I could see him trying to waive his NMC to here. Then next year we sign him for a few more years. Next year if we nab Spezza and keep Doan: (Not inlcuding guys we sign to replace potential departures of Gaustad, Hecht, Kaleta, Morrison, Boyes, Kotalik)

Vanek-Spezza-Doan
Pominville-Leino-Stafford
Ennis-Adam-Kassian
Gerbe-McCormick-Foligno*

*Not a locked roster spot

Myers-Regehr
Ehroff-Leopold
Sekera-Weber

Thats a lot of firepower in your lineup. It's missing the role players though.
I wouldn't trade Roy + for Spezza

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote