HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Darren Dietz

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
  #1
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Darren Dietz

Any WHL follower can give some hindsight out of him?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 03:04 PM
  #2
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,970
vCash: 50
I've posted my thoughts about him on the MtL board a few times already since Blades camp opened, so I'll leave this be and see what others have to say.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 01:03 PM
  #3
Lenain22
Registered User
 
Lenain22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
How he progress so far this year? i heard it's kind of player each coach whant in is team????

Lenain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 02:11 PM
  #4
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,970
vCash: 50
He started the year great and has been solid overall. Definitely has improved his skating and speed this year. Still very strong and willing to play physical. Not fighting as much this year, seemingly because he doesn't have to prove himself like he did last year as a rookie. A guy that has good value where the Habs picked him.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 08:29 PM
  #5
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
He started the year great and has been solid overall. Definitely has improved his skating and speed this year. Still very strong and willing to play physical. Not fighting as much this year, seemingly because he doesn't have to prove himself like he did last year as a rookie. A guy that has good value where the Habs picked him.
Doesn't he suck at fighting ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 03:37 PM
  #6
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,970
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Doesn't he suck at fighting ?
No. He's the Blades best fighter.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 06:52 PM
  #7
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
So how was his season?

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 01:28 PM
  #8
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,970
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
So how was his season?
Had a strong year. Had some ups and downs. Most of the downs came when the Blades lost Siemens and Thrower on the blueline to injury, forcing Dietz to play upwards of 30 minutes a night. With those extra minutes he had some nights with some defensive lapses. But when playing his normal 18-21 minutes, he was great.

Really improved his offensive play this year, with the big highlight for the year being a game where he scored 4 goals which tied a WHL record for goals in a game by a defenseman.

He'll be a big key for the team going forward into a Memorial Cup season next year. I think the kid has a legit shot at being a good two way guy for the Habs sometime within the next 4-5 years.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:37 PM
  #9
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Had a strong year. Had some ups and downs. Most of the downs came when the Blades lost Siemens and Thrower on the blueline to injury, forcing Dietz to play upwards of 30 minutes a night. With those extra minutes he had some nights with some defensive lapses. But when playing his normal 18-21 minutes, he was great.

Really improved his offensive play this year, with the big highlight for the year being a game where he scored 4 goals which tied a WHL record for goals in a game by a defenseman.

He'll be a big key for the team going forward into a Memorial Cup season next year. I think the kid has a legit shot at being a good two way guy for the Habs sometime within the next 4-5 years.
Thank you very much! Has he been paired with Thrower? In case the Habs draft him, that'd be interesting information.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:57 PM
  #10
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Thank you very much! Has he been paired with Thrower? In case the Habs draft him, that'd be interesting information.
Doubt the habs get him, but it was good to read Dietz doesn't suck at fighting.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:59 PM
  #11
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,970
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Thank you very much! Has he been paired with Thrower? In case the Habs draft him, that'd be interesting information.
No. He spent most of the year, like 95% of it, playing with Connor Cox.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:01 AM
  #12
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
No. He spent most of the year, like 95% of it, playing with Connor Cox.
Thanks!

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.