Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFStars 2011 Y! Fantasy League A

Old
03-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Captain Awesome

vCash: 500
MY GOD! How has no one ever done that before? So freaking simple, saves us all so much time. We'd have to make do it by hand once a week.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
MY GOD! How has no one ever done that before? So freaking simple, saves us all so much time. We'd have to make do it by hand once a week.
They may have had it for the mobile page according to Jason...

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:15 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
I actually prefer doing it by hand.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:21 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
I actually prefer doing it by hand.
Why? (Just curious, not bashing you or anything)

It only makes sense if you've got too many active players, but even then, it'd be faster.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:39 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

Because lazy people don't set their rosters which gives me an advantage.

Also I don't want the computer auto-deciding who plays. There are tons of times during the season where you have to make a call on which guys you leave on the bench and which you start.

I mean, what's the difference between this and just going the next step and making it auto-set your rosters for the entire year? Then you can draft and forget. It's just a matter of degrees.

Old
03-25-2012, 06:40 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

I really am the Sharks (or at least the old Sharks) of fantasy hockey. Cruise through the regular season and then collapse once the playoffs start. I gave it one last ditch effort gambling on Dubnyk and Hackett today, oh well. Tough when your 2 All-Star goalies decide to get injured and suck at the same time. And when Crosby returns at the precise time to play against you.

Old
03-25-2012, 07:08 PM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Quote:
I really am the Sharks (or at least the old Sharks) of fantasy hockey. Cruise through the regular season and then collapse once the playoffs start. I gave it one last ditch effort gambling on Dubnyk and Hackett today, oh well. Tough when your 2 All-Star goalies decide to get injured and suck at the same time. And when Crosby returns at the precise time to play against you.
glad i'm not the 3rd/4th guy to not get enough goalie starts for the week against ya'... heheh.

and my crosby plan worked perfectly... bring on sid for the playoffs and wreak that havoc...

just hope dumping hartnell early in the season doesn't cost me next week!

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:10 PM
ginblossoms

... and the playoffs really end on 4/1 and not 4/7?

Old
03-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
if there is one thing i have learned this season it is that goaltending is fickle

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Also I don't want the computer auto-deciding who plays. There are tons of times during the season where you have to make a call on which guys you leave on the bench and which you start
You still have to do that. Its just a quality of life change. People who don't set their bench usually do it because they don't log on for days at a time, not because its too much work to drag and drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
... and the playoffs really end on 4/1 and not 4/7?
Ending on 4/7 would have only given 6 days for the week, so chose to just do the full week.

Going to be a fun Final.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Captain Awesome

Quote:
No, no, no sir. Crosby came back against me. Something I am still pretty bitter about.

My money is on Ginblossoms for this final, but it'll probably be the tightest final I've ever seen quality of roster wise in fantasy.

Old
03-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Bennrocks

My money is on crosby

Old
03-26-2012, 02:12 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

I'm not too confident either with D Sedin and Franzen out. Ill need Giroux to go beast mode to have any shot I think.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:25 AM
ginblossoms

hedman scratched. erat out now. zetterberg with a huge first night. kiprusoff with the hedge fantasy win over lehtonen.

... not off to the best start.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:39 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

Congrats UP. Well done, you pretty much led wire to wire.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:49 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Congratz!

Old
04-01-2012, 10:25 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Thanks guys!

Upon review I got really lucky with some mid range picks (Pominville having a career year, Giroux breaking out like I thought he might). The Hartnell waiver wire pickup and not dropping Halak during that horrible first few weeks were probably my best moves. Then I think LatvianTwist probably put me over with the Kipper trade. Before that my #2 Goalie position was absolutely horrid (Roloson/Garon, ugh). Thanks dude!

Was a really fun season. Can't wait till next year.

Old
04-01-2012, 10:57 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

I get the 3rd place trophy for the 2nd year in a row! Bronze Ranchers has a nice ring to it.

I finished the year with only 10 of the 21 guys I drafted. Would've been 9 had I not picked Green up on waivers again at the end.

Old
04-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
I get the 3rd place trophy for the 2nd year in a row! Bronze Ranchers has a nice ring to it.

I finished the year with only 10 of the 21 guys I drafted. Would've been 9 had I not picked Green up on waivers again at the end.
that trade was the death of my team... jvr kept getting injured and green flat out sucked... that and letang getting injured every 3 games

Old
04-01-2012, 11:13 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

If it's any consolation he did nothing for me either after I picked him back up. Will any player fall further in fantasy drafts next fall compared to this year than him?

So how are we going to settle the promotion/relegation question? The final top 7 or 8 from each league get an invite to the 1st league? Then we start going down the line if we need replacements?

edit: It actually appears we have a tie for 7th place between glovesave and Momentum. We'll see how Yahoo sorts out the tiebreakers.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:02 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Np, UP. I didn't think he come back as strong as he did, but at that point, it didn't matter for me.

Just curious, for relegation, will my team stats for the entire season be used, or only since I took over? Either way I'm probably going to face relegation, just curious, though.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:29 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
edit: It actually appears we have a tie for 7th place between glovesave and Momentum. We'll see how Yahoo sorts out the tiebreakers.
I'm too lazy to look at theirs specifically, but head to head record is the first tie-breaker.

This is wayyyyy down the line obviously but personally I'd put a higher preference on Manager activity when it comes to next year. Over the seaosn I kept an eye on league A's Managers, and noted who was the most active consistently setting rosters and such. Some of people who were AWAL for 2+ months at a time still finished higher than others who were active every day, so gotta be careful of that.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Captain Awesome

Quote:
If it's any consolation he did nothing for me either after I picked him back up. Will any player fall further in fantasy drafts next fall compared to this year than him?

So how are we going to settle the promotion/relegation question? The final top 7 or 8 from each league get an invite to the 1st league? Then we start going down the line if we need replacements?

If I had to reflect on my season my drafting was ok, my best pick was Vrbata in the incredibly late rounds and Weiss luckily having a good year. Unfortunately I had Thornton and St Louis just have OK seasons by their standards, and that kills. That and Koivu being out for half the freaking season right when he was starting to be awesome for me. Also, I'm mad at Vokoun for playing with such intense mediocrity throughout the season, he screwed me.

Oh right, and if you have any issues with tiebreakers concerning top 7 or 8 in both leagues I bizarrely made it to 3rd place in League 1 so that gives an extra slot for someone.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:53 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
I wanted to peek in and congratulate UP. When I was more active earlier in the season I had a great time with you guys this season. I got super busy with real life stuff about two months ago and am ashamed at how I became pretty much non-existent. It happened with both of my leagues and I feel like a dick about it. I enjoyed the hell out of the live draft though. It was all downhill from there.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 05:37 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Congrats, UP.

Hopefully next year I've got at least a shot at a playoff spot.