HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trade proposal Montreal - Vancouver

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-14-2004, 12:34 PM
  #76
anguscertified
HFB Partner
 
anguscertified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,019
vCash: 500
The only deal with Bertuzzi i would think about doing would involve Ryder, and Montreal wouldnt do that.

anguscertified is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 12:38 PM
  #77
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
The only deal with Bertuzzi i would think about doing would involve Ryder, and Montreal wouldnt do that.
Ryder is important to the Habs future, but let's hear a proposal. Nobody is untouchable, and if Ryder can be involved somehow and we don't give up too much it could be done.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 12:41 PM
  #78
anguscertified
HFB Partner
 
anguscertified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Ryder is important to the Habs future, but let's hear a proposal. Nobody is untouchable, and if Ryder can be involved somehow and we don't give up too much it could be done.

Bertuzzi + Malik + pick for Ryder, Zednik, Rivet.

anguscertified is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 12:41 PM
  #79
ShyCheetah
Registered User
 
ShyCheetah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Caprica City,Caprica
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
All this talk is so amusing to me that it boarders on hilarity. I'm not so much talking about the trade in itself, but more about the percieved low trade value of Bertuzzi. Even if Bertuzzi killed his teamate joyrideing, the fact remains that he's aruguable the top player in one of the most coveted playing positions, power winger. He's the rarest of a rare breed, only finding a dominating power centre would be harder. Basically other than his 17 goals in 69 games nothing has changed from last year to this. You don't dump a Modano after one bad statistical year.

As for the trade itself, as a Canuck fan I'd pass. The only thing attractive to me is the 1st, because it's been a while since I'd gotten exited about a hi-pick (even that is far from guranteed). Otherwise nothing else justifys tradeing Bert. Losing him would change the whole dyanamic of our team, suddenly we're very small upfront much like MTL is now and some of our smaller farwards will have a little less ice to work with. I think the Canuck holes can be handled without having to resort to trading him. Shy.

ShyCheetah is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 12:44 PM
  #80
anguscertified
HFB Partner
 
anguscertified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyCheetah
All this talk is so amusing to me that it boarders on hilarity. I'm not so much talking about the trade in itself, but more about the percieved low trade value of Bertuzzi. Even if Bertuzzi killed his teamate joyrideing, the fact remains that he's aruguable the top player in one of the most coveted playing positions, power winger. He's the rarest of a rare breed, only finding a dominating power centre would be harder. Basically other than his 17 goals in 69 games nothing has changed from last year to this. You don't dump a Modano after one bad statistical year.

As for the trade itself, as a Canuck fan I'd pass. The only thing attractive to me is the 1st, because it's been a while since I'd gotten exited about a hi-pick (even that is far from guranteed). Otherwise nothing else justifys tradeing Bert. Losing him would change the whole dyanamic of our team, suddenly we're very small upfront much like MTL is now and some of our smaller farwards will have a little less ice to work with. I think the Canuck holes can be handled without having to resort to trading him. Shy.
I agree, but im just seeing what we could get value wise. Bertuzzi is to valuable to this team to deal, no matter how good markov+zednik+pick are.

anguscertified is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 01:15 PM
  #81
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Man and here I thought only Leafs Fans could overrate their players and ask too much out for them. The Canucks are my 2nd favorite team but looking at some of their fans in this thread, erk.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 01:22 PM
  #82
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Man and here I thought only Leafs Fans could overrate their players and ask too much out for them. The Canucks are my 2nd favorite team but looking at some of their fans in this thread, erk.
I totaly agree with you. These trades proposals are really stupid. No way the habs are going to make any of those. Sure Bertuzzi and Jovo are great players but they aren't wort all thos key players. I know us Habs fans overrate our players too but this is just incredible.

x-bob is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 01:36 PM
  #83
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,729
vCash: 500
I wouldn't touch that trade:

a) It's a downgrade in overall talent RIGHT NOW. Naslund has said he'll only remain with Vancouver if management makes a conscious effort to win the cup. Not to mention, there would now be a gaping hole at first-line RW, and Zednik isn't exactly the guy we want on 2nd line RW.

b) Bertuzzi is vital to chemistry. Bertuzzi and Naslund made eachother, they're a perfect tandem. Remove Bertuzzi, and Naslund becomes less effective.

c) Bertuzzi is a local hero. The Canucks have made millions in revenue from Bertuzzi products. I don't think people will be rushing out to buy Jan Bulis jerseys.

kmad is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 01:42 PM
  #84
SedinFan*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 10,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi21
Bertuzzi + Malik + pick for Ryder, Zednik, Rivet.
Why does everyone want to deal Bertuzzi? It'd be idiotic to deal him.

SedinFan* is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 01:46 PM
  #85
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedinFan
Why does everyone want to deal Bertuzzi? It'd be idiotic to deal him.
They think they're pulling one over on Dave "NHL 2002" Nonis, because Bertuzzi's value is LOW RIGHT NOW. You know, the same way you can trade Darby Hendrickson for an injured Adrian Aucoin straight up..

kmad is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 01:50 PM
  #86
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
This thread is priceless :lol

Malakhov is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 02:25 PM
  #87
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedinFan
Why does everyone want to deal Bertuzzi? It'd be idiotic to deal him.
I don't think it's necessarily idiotic. If you can deal him in a package and get a top 6 forward and a goalie who'll win you the Cup, it'd probably help the Nucks a lot.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 02:27 PM
  #88
Blane Youngblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer
I really hope you're not serious.

How about Rivet and a 4th for Ohlund?

Yeah, I was more or less just being a homer there. But it would be more like offering Rivet and a 4th for Allen then Ohlund.


Last edited by Blane Youngblood: 08-14-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Blane Youngblood is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:31 PM
  #89
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
I totaly agree with you. These trades proposals are really stupid. No way the habs are going to make any of those. Sure Bertuzzi and Jovo are great players but they aren't wort all thos key players. I know us Habs fans overrate our players too but this is just incredible.
Hey... Malakhov and x-bob...

Im a huge Habs fan, I watch alot of hockey and to me, after Forsberg, Bertuzzi is the second foward I would pick to build a team around...

To me he is by far the best powerfoward ever... He is a monster, a huge physical presence who create alot of space for himself and for his linemates... He is fast, great stickhandler, bring alot of caracter and leadership, exactly the type of guy you will win with...

If ever you guys think either Zednik or Markov alone come even close to Bertuzzi's efficiency on the ice, you just know absoluly nothing to the game!

The Bertuzzi - Naslund tendem is the most terrific in the league... Every teams put their better assets to match them because after that its very so so, there is only this line to worry about, all is centered on this line...

As I said, Markov and Zednik are very good player to have in your team but Zednik often tends to only rely on his skills, what make him a less effective player... Markov still did'nt prove he could be a good PP quarterback, he certainly is a great puckmover, reliable defensively having very nice offensive vision on ice but at the moment he is a nice #3 defenseman, no more.

Bulis is easily replacable, to me he is overrated by most Habs fans while our next first round pick is gonna be very low...

Now you have to think about our kids... Some of them, especially Perezhogin and Kostitsyn are gonna be top line material, I expect them become more important to the team than Zednik sooner than later... Then you have Hossa, Higgins and Pleks...

While I agree we would slightly overpay, its the price to pay to have a top notch player like Bertuzzi who would provide us everything we lack at foward.

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:35 PM
  #90
Flamer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver WA
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jin
Yeah, I was more or less just being a homer there. But it would be more like offering Rivet and a 4th for Allen then Ohlund.
No actually, Markov is a lot closer in value and playing ability to Ohlund than to Allen.

Allen is big and slow and he has to be one of the dumbest players in the nhl.

Flamer is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:38 PM
  #91
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
To me he is by far the best powerfoward ever...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
... you just know absoluly nothing to the game!
If you think Bertuzzi is the best PF ever, you know absolutely nothing about the game.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:39 PM
  #92
kmad
Riot Survivor
 
kmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer
Allen is big
I don't see this as a drawback; in fact, with punishing dmen, you'd kinda hope they were big.

Quote:
and slow
He's the Canucks' third fastest skater, after Jovanovski and Morrison

Quote:
and he has to be one of the dumbest players in the nhl.
Enough with the exaggerations. His transition game needs some work, and Crawford has him playing a 2-way game. He has a 100 mph slapshot, so I hope his transition game develops, but for now he should only be used as a defensive stalwart.

kmad is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:39 PM
  #93
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
While I agree we would slightly overpay
Slightly overpay? Let's see, if that trade would happen, Gainey would be ran out of town as soon as we'd learn about the trade while the Canucks would laugh around to the bank and then turn around and trade these assets for about as double as what the Habs got back in return.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:43 PM
  #94
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
If you think Bertuzzi is the best PF ever, you know absolutely nothing about the game.
Bertuzzi is the best powerfoward ever, Neely come close in my mind but Bertuzzi is definitively the best powerfoward ever, he would have amazing stats if the game was played like 10 years ago!

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:44 PM
  #95
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Bertuzzi is the best powerfoward ever, Neely come close in my mind but Bertuzzi is definitively the best powerfoward ever, he would have amazing stats if the game was played like 10 years ago!
Gordie Howe is the best powerforward ever. Nobody else is close. Nuff said.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:45 PM
  #96
x-bob
Registered User
 
x-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Hey... Malakhov and x-bob...

Im a huge Habs fan, I watch alot of hockey and to me, after Forsberg, Bertuzzi is the second foward I would pick to build a team around...

To me he is by far the best powerfoward ever... He is a monster, a huge physical presence who create alot of space for himself and for his linemates... He is fast, great stickhandler, bring alot of caracter and leadership, exactly the type of guy you will win with...

If ever you guys think either Zednik or Markov alone come even close to Bertuzzi's efficiency on the ice, you just know absoluly nothing to the game!

The Bertuzzi - Naslund tendem is the most terrific in the league... Every teams put their better assets to match them because after that its very so so, there is only this line to worry about, all is centered on this line...

As I said, Markov and Zednik are very good player to have in your team but Zednik often tends to only rely on his skills, what make him a less effective player... Markov still did'nt prove he could be a good PP quarterback, he certainly is a great puckmover, reliable defensively having very nice offensive vision on ice but at the moment he is a nice #3 defenseman, no more.

Bulis is easily replacable, to me he is overrated by most Habs fans while our next first round pick is gonna be very low...

Now you have to think about our kids... Some of them, especially Perezhogin and Kostitsyn are gonna be top line material, I expect them become more important to the team than Zednik sooner than later... Then you have Hossa, Higgins and Pleks...

While I agree we would slightly overpay, its the price to pay to have a top notch player like Bertuzzi who would provide us everything we lack at foward.
I'm not saying that Zednik or Markov are better then Bertuzzi. Far from that!!! I'm just saying that this trade doesn't make much sense. I would love to have Bertuzzi on my team but this trade would make us very weak in othe places. It's would give us a lot let less dept.

I agree with you when you say that our youngsters are ready to take the big step to the NHL but I highly doubt that they are going to be very effective, i could see players like Kostisyn, Higgins, Perezhogin or Plekanek performing well in the future but we need dept players like Bulis and key players like Markov and Zednik to help the team in the near futur before our prospects are ready for the NHL.

Also, Bertuzzi is a very expensive player. I understand that without Zednik, Bulis and Markov, we have more money but why put all our eggs in one basket. Personnaly, i like better 3 average players and a first round pick then one All-Star player.

x-bob is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:45 PM
  #97
ehc73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Bertuzzi is the best powerfoward ever, Neely come close in my mind but Bertuzzi is definitively the best powerfoward ever, he would have amazing stats if the game was played like 10 years ago!
You're telling me Bertuzzi is better than Howe? Jeez man, I'm a Canucks fan and I don't elevate Bertuzzi up to that level!

Edit: Beaten by Psycho Joe.

ehc73 is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:47 PM
  #98
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Slightly overpay? Let's see, if that trade would happen, Gainey would be ran out of town as soon as we'd learn about the trade while the Canucks would laugh around to the bank and then turn around and trade these assets for about as double as what the Habs got back in return.
Thats your presumptions, you still did'nt prove me wrong... Having a guy like Bertuzzi in our line-up in place of Zednik would make us instantly serious contender...

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:50 PM
  #99
Traitor8
Registered User
 
Traitor8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Iraq
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Yes Bertuzzi replaces Zednik..

Who's gonna replace Markov,Bulis and were not gonna have a first round pick in 05

Traitor8 is offline  
Old
08-14-2004, 03:52 PM
  #100
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Gordie Howe is the best powerforward ever. Nobody else is close. Nuff said.
Im 24 years old... I did'nt see Howe play... How about his size? How do you think he would do in the actual hockey game? How do you think Bertuzzi would perform if you put him back 30-40 years ago? The caliber was obviously alot weaker looking by the good old tapes!

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.