HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get to know your fellow posters!

Old
07-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Get to know your fellow posters!

I did this my first year on these boards in 2007, again in 2009, and seems appropriate again to do it this year with many new posters joining us.

We all have one thing in common, our love/passion for the New York Rangers. But what else do we have in common? Music? Food? Who knows. Just a little way for every one to get to know every one else and learn a bit more about the people you engage in conversation with every day on these boards. These are just a general few to start with, feel free to add more.

Occupation:Work full time at a country club and attend school full time, attempting to get my degree in finance.

Music: Huge Jimmy Buffett fan, seen him 5 times in concert.

Food: Has to be a ultimate club from blimpie with pepperjack cheese and peppercorn Ranch. That>All.

Interests: Play a little COD here and there(well actually alot) and many many many other videogames, I love poker, also a huge jets/yanks fan. From time to time when I get the chance maybe a little golf and fishing.

(Can't believe I forgot this) Tv/Movies: HUGE fan of Sons of Anarchy, Archer has become a favorite, family guy, Two and a half men, Rounders and 21 are my fav movies.

Misc: Played in the WSOP twice in the Omaha H/L event. Getting engaged when I graduate(scary scary thought).

So every one doesnt have to copy, edit, paste, ill make it simple.

Music:
Food:
Interests:
TV/Movies
Misc:

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 07-03-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:35 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500

Occupation: I work in an office and it's pretty much Office Space; I'll leave it at that. Hate my job and I'm trying to head back to school sometime in 2012 and if I could land a new job that would be sweet too.

Music: I listen to so much but it all starts with the Red Hot Chilli Peppers for me. Pumped for their new album; Josh Klinghoffer will impress many people very underrated/unknown musician. I listen to everything though. In my car right now (6 CD changer!) is Duke Ellington with Charles Mingus and Max Roach, new Radiohead, Husker Du, Fort Minor, Ohio Players, new Thievery Corporation, etc.

Food: Pretty much everything but Italian/Indian/Chinese/Japanese

Interests: I love movies. Grew up watching a lot of sci fi/action. Kind of a work out nut because I'm not even close to a natural athlete but I have a Ryan Callahan work ethic when I'm at my best. Played bass in bands since HS and have written probably 200 songs that will hopefully see the light of day before I'm 40.

Misc: Been a full-time Rangers fan since 1989. After that the teams I follow are the NY Giants and also pay attention to the San Jose Sharks my West Coast NHL homies. I never played ice hockey growing up because I never learned to skate properly but when my job/school situation is worked out that is among the first things I will do. My 30h birthday was relatively quiet; just a Rangers game. I'm saving it for when I'm able to give my two weeks notice as that might put the Bruins bar tab to shame

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Age: 23, turning 24 on the 28th of this month. Getting old...

Occupation: I'm a merchandiser/sales rep for a large multinational corporation, but that's really just on the side - I'm a full-time psych student currently attending SUNY Old Westbury.

Music: I listen to just about everything, but I'm partial to metal, hardcore, indie and (legit) hip-hop. Been going through a dubstep kick lately, as well. (http://www.last.fm/user/xthroughmyeyesx)

Food: I like tacos.

Interests: I'm a huge gamer, everything from FPSs to RPGs to well - whatever else. I'm a fan of import cars, TV shows about sociopaths (Dexter, House), and I love running.

Misc: I'm addicted to urban exploration.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:36 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Music: Hardcore (Cold World, War Hungry, Bad Seed, Dead End Path, and sweet 80s/90s stuff), Indie (Jawbreaker, Pedro the Lion, Hey Mercedes, Etc.), Instrumental (Album Leaf, El Ten Eleven, Etc).
Food: Pizza, Egg Sandwiches, Cheesesteak, Chinese Food, Sushi
Interests: Sports, Lifting, Music, Web Design, Classic Video Games
Misc: I love horror movies (up until the 90s)?

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:42 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
I did this my first year on these boards in 2007, again in 2009, and seems appropriate again to do it this year with many new posters joining us.

We all have one thing in common, our love/passion for the New York Rangers. But what else do we have in common? Music? Food? Who knows. Just a little way for every one to get to know every one else and learn a bit more about the people you engage in conversation with every day on these boards. These are just a general few to start with, feel free to add more.

Occupation:Work full time at a country club and attend school full time, attempting to get my degree in finance.

Music: Huge Jimmy Buffett fan, seen him 5 times in concert.

Food: Has to be a ultimate club from blimpie with pepperjack cheese and peppercorn Ranch. That>All.

Interests: Play a little COD here and there(well actually alot) and many many many other videogames, I love poker, also a huge jets/yanks fan. From time to time when I get the chance maybe a little golf and fishing.

Misc: Played in the WSOP twice in the Omaha H/L event. Getting engaged when I graduate(scary scary thought).

So every one doesnt have to copy, edit, paste, ill make it simple.

Age: 26. It's weird, I have no idea how that happened. sigh.

Occupation: I'm a produce manager at a supermarket. I have a associate's degree in business but that didn't seem to get me anywhere. As far as crappy jobs go it's not too bad. The money isn't horrible.

Music: I love rock music. For the most part I stick with punk/ pop punk because I can't stand slow music. My favorite band is Bad Religion. I swear those guys have been around forever. Some other bands I really like are Saves the Day, Thursday, and more recently The Wonder Years. I also love 90's rap. Biggie, 2pac, and Nas mostly.
For the hell of it http://www.last.fm/user/msolb823

Food: Anything Italian. Chicken parm, Ravioli, pasta... I eat a discusting amount of it lol. Also, I eat a lot of German food. Brats, schnitzel, etc.

Interests: I also play COD faaaar too much lol. I'm a huge Jets fan. I've suffered for a long, long time. I'm also a Yankees fan but not to the point of the Rangers and Jets.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^

Music: rock, whatever's on and catchy

Food: Anything w/ buffalo sauce

Interests: NHL 11, fishing rangers hockey and giants football.

Misc: attending suny maritime in the fall

Dunno what else

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Age: 31...blech. im in my 30's...im approaching my mid 30's....FML

Occupation: I own 2 businesses. it seems like just when one of them starts to take off, the other starts to crap out, and then, they'll swap places...i look forward to the day when both of em actually make money consistently. Stupid ass economy

Music: Favorite music of all time: Tool, Godsmack, Bear McCreary, The Who, The Doors, Disturbed

Food: Fettuccine Alfredo, how I love thee.

Interests: I play hockey....a lot. At 1 point i was in 3 leagues, was kicked out of one of em last season for being too good (it was a mentoring type league that i never scored goals in, i only used so i could play hockey with my brother). Right now i play in 2 leagues...once i hit 35 ill play in the 35+ league here in Atlanta as well (After i make it off the waiting list.)...i also met my GF playing hockey. shes better than me, been playing for a LOT longer than me. Pretty great to have a GF who not only understands my insanity when it comes to hockey, but actually shares it

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:54 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Occupation: Attending Baruch starting in the fall and it looks like I'll be working at CVS part time sooner rather than later.

Music: Any type or rock is right up my alley though I don't mind some good rap here and there.

Food: Love pizza, especially L&B. There's nothing better than that place. I also love hot dogs.

Interests: On top of being a diehard Ranger fan, I'm also a big time Met and Jet fan so I suffer through misery all year round. When I'm bored I'll usually be on HF or playing Xbox though I haven't been on much recently. That'll change once NHL 12 comes out. I'm also big on getting autographs from as many NHL players as I can. Over the past year I've gotten every Ranger player, Spezza, Kane, Toews, Heatley, Richards, and some others. I also got Carmelo, Billups, and Fields one day.

Misc: I spend way too much time on this site, it's too addicting.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:56 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se

Occupation: Student at Stevens Tech in Hoboken. CS Major, focusing on game design.

Music: Post-Rock, Mogwai, Mono, EITS, Kashiwa Daisuke

Food: Pizza, Pasta, Chinese, Sushi, Chipoltle, Thai, Entenmann's Banana Cake

Interests: Video Games (Heroes of Newerth, Battlefield, Starcraft, CS, WC3, NHL), music, TV(South Park, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones), movies (comedies and action for the most part, no horror movies for this scaredy cat), I like to read, Jets / Yankees, the Rangers XD

Misc: I hate Apple.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 12:57 PM
NYRangers16

Music: Rock mostly..have seen Disturbed twice now, Lacuna Coil, Seether, etc

Food: Nothing beats a perfectly cooked steak, but I enjoy a great Chicken Parm too.

Interests: Video games(RPGs and Sports), history, baseball

Not much else really...

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Muh
Beadle

Occupation: I manage a Deli. Hope to be working for Manhattan Beer soon. Lesson for the young kids, don't F up college like me.

Music: Classic Rock mostly. Also love me some Talking Heads.

Food: I eat it all up, but Greek food is the best.

Interests: All sports, playing and watching. I have Giants season tix too.

Misc: I coach a lot. 2 years ago I coached the 16u allstar baseball team (suffern). State champions baby, but lost in Eastern Regional Finals to NJ. One game away from the Little League World Series in Bangor, Maine. Greatest run of our lives ends in heartbreak.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:06 PM
skymachine

Music: Mostly metal (Devin Townsend, Opeth, Meshuggah, Ulver, BTBAM), indie (Animal Collective, Beach House, Fleet Foxes), classic rock and rap.

Food: Italian, Chinese, Japanese

Interests: Playing ice hockey, reading, guitar, traveling, going to the gym

Misc: Aside from running my own company one day, another (albeit lesser) lifetime goal of mine is to see a NHL game in all 30 rinks. So far I've done 11/30.

skymachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner

Occupation: A freelance Russian<>English translator, mainly work with literature and video games. Some of the games you might have heard of or played that I worked on: the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat), Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 and 2012, Street Fighter x Tekken, Allods Online. Did some work for ESPN, including a feature on Alex Ovechkin's parents.

Music: A little of everything, from Pink Floyd to Radiohead to the Gathering to classical to little known indie and trip-hop bands.

Food: Love me some Turkish, but generally try to eat healthy and organic.

Interests: Books, music, film. Long-time fan of Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, and incredibly pumped about HBO's adaptation, as evidenced by my avatar. Was a hardcore MMO gamer until recently, especially EQ and WoW.

Misc: Been following hockey since 1997 (what a year to start being a fan, eh? ). My daughter is almost 3. My wife is bi () but thinks Dubinsky is "dreamy."

Shadowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:10 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Occupation: Work for minor pro hockey team in Danbury, CT doing hockey operations work. Going to grad school in fall for sports mgmt at St Johns U
Music:Really anything but country...Guetta to Zeppelin and everything in between.
Food: Not too picky
Interests: Hockey...NYR first and the Yotes a close 2nd. Jets and Mets fan as well (miserable group of team I have). Reading is fun when I get around to it...writing every so often. Mostly just enjoy meeting up with my friends and having a good time.

Misc: Been involved with hockey since I was born...aunt has season tix in the 400s. Greatest thing ever.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Age: 16 Years Old - Birthday Janurary 26 95 (same birthday as Gretzky )

Occupation: Nothing yet. But I plan on becoming a scout part time and I want to do something in professional sports. (Not plan in pro sports because i suck lol , but to do something where I can do some thing that I love)
Music: All kinds, top 3, Rap, Rock, R&B

Food: Planet wings, Chicken wings, philly chease stakes

Interests: Hockey(Rangers), Baketball(Knicks) & Baseball(Mets), Big fan of sports COD, Battle Field games!!

Misc: Without these things I'd die. 1. Sports 2. Music 3. Girls

Last edited by Tony D63: 07-03-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Occupation: Student at College of the Holy Cross starting this fall

Music: RHCP, The Strokes, Pixies, Joy Division, System of a Down, Vampire Weekend, LCD Soundsystem, Bob Marley, Tyler, The Creator, Frank Ocean, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, etc.

Food: Papaya King, Chinese, Sushi, Halal, Chipotle, $1 Pizza, Shake Shack

Interests: Apple, Tech, Netflix, Tumblr, Coffee

Misc: Trying to do an Econ/CS double-major in college

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:15 PM
manifesty

Music: Brought up on The Who and rock and roll. Lately lots of indie/some rap. Anything but country really.
Food: Anything tasty. I don't care if it looks bad, if it tastes good then I'll eat it. Prefer the classic meat + vegetable + potato kinda meal.
Interests: I play ultimate frisbee for my college (if anyone else plays, get at me). Obviously the Rangers. Tampa Bay Bucs fan for football. Into all sports though, watch SportsCenter/listen to talk radio all the time. Just a regular 19 year old guy, into everything/anything.
Misc: Really hoping to make the drive down to NY soon to watch a Rangers game at MSG. Seen them plenty of times in Buffalo. Need to see them at home.

manifesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

God, I am older than everyone who just posted here.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:18 PM
SouthJerseyRanger

Occupation: prospective law student, taking LSAT in Oct. and Dec. Work part-time for a valet company to pay the bills.

Music: pretty much rock. Queen, Coheed And Cambria, Pink Floyd, Yes, The Beatles, and Muse make up my "Holy 6-ness" of bands. Metallica, Emerson Lake And Palmer, Iron Maiden, The Mars Volta, Dream Theater, My Morning Jacket, Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, Nirvana, and My Chemical Romance are also bands that I am very fond of.

Food: I'm what you would call a carnivore. Typically some combination of meat and cheese will be satisfactory.

Interests: sports, most specifically New York sports. Political stuff. Music. Try to have interesting nights when I go out. Play inline hockey/get to the gym fairly often to stay in good shape.

Misc: member of Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity. Holds one of the quicker times to beat Super Metroid for the SNES in human history... around 48 mins.

My rankings for most beloved/most hated sports teams.

FAVORITES:
1. New York Mets
2. New York Rangers
3. Philadelphia Eagles (long story here... but yea)
4. San Diego Chargers
5. New York Jets

MOST HATED:
1. Philadelphia Phillies
2. Philadelphia Flyers
3. New Jersey Devils
4. Florida Marlins
5. Atlanta Braves

How/Why? Rangers: Dad grew up in Passaic County, NJ. Tried his hardest to get me into the Rangers in 94, I was 7 so I just didn't have the attention span. Really got into the Rangers during the 96-97 season with Gretzky and Messier being reunited and the story that went along with that. Been crazy into the Rangers ever since... and the more I grew up the more I loved New York City and the atmosphere and being a New York fan, and it just made being a Ranger fan that much more fun.

Last edited by SouthJerseyRanger: 07-03-2011 at 03:40 PM.
SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:18 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Name: Patrick

Occupation: Graphicdesign / Technic section (Car Stickers, Arena-Boards and so on)

Music: all that sounds good Fav. Bands: Tool, Foo Fighters // Fav. Song: Dave Matthews "Some Devil" // Drum ´n Bass, Techno // The Postal Service, The whitest boy alive, HipHop (oldschool NY-Stuff) and so on but no Chart-Music!

TV: Dr. House, Chappelle´s Show, South Park

Food: all that my mom cooks But I´m a good cook too!

Interests: Hockey !!! (NYR, MODO, ETC) , Graffiti, Friends, Music, DJ-ing (Vinyl only!) and in February my Child

Misc: Life before death is called suriving ! ! !

NYR: Started to follow the Rangers in 94, since then I became a Die-Hard-Fanatic ! ! ! Was 2008 in Bern, SUI to see NYR vs. Magnitogorsk live, 2 day-trip = 400€

Jerseys: Gamer: 2000/2001 Pre-Season away #82 Garett Bembridge // Replicas: Blue Liberty #2 Leetch, White away #24 Callahan with 85th Anni. Patch, NYR Practice-Jersey grey // Team Sweden yellow

Last edited by n1cON: 07-04-2011 at 07:07 AM.
n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Age: 13 I know I'm young, but you classy Rangers fans shouldn't mind

Occupation: School... My dad works at the airport, and we meet a lot of athletes (Had dinner with Marian Gaborik, and Marcel Hossa)

Music: Punk, Rap, and NOT Pop. And Classical FTW!

Food: Whatever I find at
MSG

Interests: Video Games, and sports. Played soccer my whole life, and recently started hockey. I also follow the Knicks, and Red Bulls

Misc: I moved to NY from Austria 5 years ago, and fell in love with hockey, and the
Rangers. My dad and I are 3 year season subs, and we are going to Sweden for the Rangers games there. I plan to watch us play in all arenas, and am collecting
pucks from them. That's pretty much it. I guess it's pretty interesting

Tanner Glass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:20 PM
CH2

Occupation: Economist. I finished my master's degree in May, started as an Economist last month. It's eh.

Music: Classic Rock, Post-Rock, Hardcore, Indie

Food: Chinese food, BBQ, Chicken Wings

Interests: Trying to get into a lot more outdoor activities after moving to New England, where everyone does this kind of stuff. Looking forward to attempting to get into playing hockey again. I played for a while when I was younger, but stopped around high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Occupation: I own 2 businesses. it seems like just when one of them starts to take off, the other starts to crap out, and then, they'll swap places...i look forward to the day when both of em actually make money consistently. Stupid ass economy
If your businesses operate counter-cyclically then the economy isn't necessarily to blame. Compare your businesses to Bureau of Economic Analysis industry indexes (ones that are similar to your businesses targeted customers) and that should help you understand where your businesses will go in the future.

CH2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:31 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
God, I am older than everyone who just posted here.
Haha. Don't worry. I am too. It just makes it all the more amusing when we see the mid-20's kids gripe about being "old."

Occupation: I started out as a sports writer, and then taught high school English for four years. Now I run in-service sessions for HS teachers on how to teach Shakespeare via performance pedagogy. In a couple of months, I'll be starting work on my PhD in English lit at the University of Rochester.

Music: Tons of stuff. I'm into everything from rock to country to alt to Christian to Jazz, etc. Currently, I've been getting into the Decemberists and Jamie Cullum. Favorite band ever would have to be the late-80s/early 90s version of 10,000 Maniacs.

Food: Italian. I'm a sucker for a good gnocchi.

Interests: Books, sports, coffee and theater.

Misc: I was able to present a paper on Taming of the Shrew at a conference in Sydney Australia last summer.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:32 PM
asphyXy

Music: Most types of metal.

Food: Chicken parmesan.

Interests: Playing guitar, hockey, Metal Gear Solid, old video games, stand-up comedy, German beer, concerts, and recording music.

Misc: Third generation Ranger fan from Jersey. I've followed the Rangers as long as I can remember. Been to the HHOF in Toronto. I'm one of the few people that own a Kasparaitis jersey. My girlfriend is a Rangers fan, which makes life much easier. I plan on going to an overseas game some day. I've been to Germany three times for a music festival, but would like to travel for the sake of traveling.

asphyXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:38 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Music: Prog rock, Alt rock, misc classic rock, classic rock, underground rap.
Food: Yes please.
Interests: Camping, sports, music (big music head), I used to be a huge gamer but I haven't had the time recently but I still like to when I do (can't wait for Diablo 3, BF3, and the new Elder Scrolls).
Misc: I'm the only one in my family who's a huge hockey fan, which I randomly picked up as a young kid even though I never played it. Except for my mom's boyfriend who's an Islanders fan, ech.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote