HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Going to Oilers season opener

Old
08-30-2011, 08:25 PM
doob

vCash: 500
Going to Oilers season opener

wooooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!

Sorry, I haven't been to a pens game but once....long time ago when I paid $20 for nosebleeds to watch Ulf & company lose to the Oilers.

The fact they are hardly ever here, made it hard to buy tickets for it would always sell quickly or somehow I missed out.

Anywayz, I got lucky today as they sold a 2 game mini.

wooooooooooohooooooo!!!!!!

doob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
The Room*

nice! enjoy the game, hopefully Sid's ready to go so you can watch him in live. He and Malkin are worth the price of tickets alone.

The Room* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 05:56 AM
AgentM

Awesome, have fun at the game! I'm curious, what wad the other game you had to buy tickets for as part of the package?

Also, has anyone noticed that we are the home opener for Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary over 4 nights? That's a lot of amped up teams and crowds to start the season against!

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
doob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Awesome, have fun at the game! I'm curious, what wad the other game you had to buy tickets for as part of the package?

Also, has anyone noticed that we are the home opener for Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary over 4 nights? That's a lot of amped up teams and crowds to start the season against!
thanx, the other game is against the Wild which I normally would groan, but since they got Heatley & Setiguchi it should be more entertaining. It cost me $164 for the two games and the seats are pretty good. I get to see more of the Penguins attack zone!

Old
09-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Crozbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by doob View Post
wooooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!

Sorry, I haven't been to a pens game but once....long time ago when I paid $20 for nosebleeds to watch Ulf & company lose to the Oilers.

The fact they are hardly ever here, made it hard to buy tickets for it would always sell quickly or somehow I missed out.

Anywayz, I got lucky today as they sold a 2 game mini.

wooooooooooohooooooo!!!!!!
I'll be there in my 71' Black N' Gold.

I'm stoked! I haven't had a chance to see the Crosby/Malkin era Pens due to a mix of bad luck, short of money, and university ... cannot wait.

Crozbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:55 PM
doob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozbar View Post
I'll be there in my 71' Black N' Gold.

I'm stoked! I haven't had a chance to see the Crosby/Malkin era Pens due to a mix of bad luck, short of money, and university ... cannot wait.
Is there any perfect timing, place that I could bother a pen to get an autograph? Even though I live in Edmoton, I haven't been to many games at Rexall. And where are you sitting? I will be in section 203, row 32 seat 5. Hoping that the Oiler fans don't raz me for wearing a pens jersey. Haven't decided which jersey though. I have a Crosby powder blue, a noname pens black & a vintage Lemieux.

Old
09-02-2011, 12:47 AM
SEALBound

Going to the Flames opener! Wooooooooooo!

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Speaking of season openers, what's up with us playing Florida in ours? NHL couldn't have made ours any less entertaining? Eff you NHL.

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Damn you lucky people and your Penguins tickets!!!!

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Skk82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Speaking of season openers, what's up with us playing Florida in ours? NHL couldn't have made ours any less entertaining? Eff you NHL.
Why? It's the closest the NHL can do to have like Indiana St. open for Penn State or Akron open for Ohio State.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skk82 View Post
Why? It's the closest the NHL can do to have like Indiana St. open for Penn State or Akron open for Ohio State.
Don't you want to open the season against someone good and relevent? I do.

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Crozbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by doob View Post
Is there any perfect timing, place that I could bother a pen to get an autograph? Even though I live in Edmoton, I haven't been to many games at Rexall. And where are you sitting? I will be in section 203, row 32 seat 5. Hoping that the Oiler fans don't raz me for wearing a pens jersey. Haven't decided which jersey though. I have a Crosby powder blue, a noname pens black & a vintage Lemieux.
My tickets are not great something like 302 row 51.

I imagine there will be a decent lot of Pens fans there, which might cut down on harassment. But there is some chance you'll hear about it in the washrooms/on the LRT. So avoid those places (if possible!) to really cut down the harassment factor to near nil.

I almost got in a fight the last time I was there with a friend of mine riding the LRT in his Sharks jersey. But, yeah, experiences may vary ...

I'm sure it will be fine. Have fun! I can't wait.

Crozbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Don't you want to open the season against someone good and relevent? I do.
Does it really matter? The schedule doesn't change, we still only play Florida at home twice. A home opener is just a game on the schedule that counts the same as any other game, that's the way I look at it. It'd be nice if we could open at home against Philadelphia every year, but that's not happening.

I'm hoping to find a way to get to one of the openers. The fact the western Canadian road trip is at the very start of the season is great for me since it's the only hope I'd have of actually getting to any of the games (have you ever tried driving a Fiesta through Glacier in December? Me neither, and I have no intention of doing so, it struggles enough in June ). The whole school thing and the Canadian cities being fairly far away makes it somewhat difficult, but it would be quite entertaining to go to another city to root for the Penguins. I've been to games in Edmonton and Calgary before, but the opponents were the Wild and the Ducks, respectively, so I was rooting for the home team in both cases (and have since adopted the Oilers as my western team...a title they may or may not lose when I move to LA).

Unfortunately the one that I've never been to out of the western Canadian cities is out of the question. Going to Vancouver would take way too much time and money. Calgary seems like the most sensible option for me since it's the closest city and the game is on a Saturday...the only issue is that I'm currently penciled to be going to Portland that weekend.

I haven't actually given serious thought to this yet, but damn it...I need to go to one of those games. There's a very real chance I won't be getting to Pittsburgh this year and even if I do make the move in the midst of the season we play in Los Angeles in November, while I'll still be here and Anaheim is visiting Pittsburgh in February.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:29 AM
Ferenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Going to the Flames opener! Wooooooooooo!
Same!! See ya there haha.

Me and my roommate got the tickets from our friend, a season ticket holder.

Ferenth is offline   Reply With Quote