HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Going to Oilers season opener

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-30-2011, 08:25 PM
  #1
doob
Registered User
 
doob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Going to Oilers season opener

wooooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!

Sorry, I haven't been to a pens game but once....long time ago when I paid $20 for nosebleeds to watch Ulf & company lose to the Oilers.

The fact they are hardly ever here, made it hard to buy tickets for it would always sell quickly or somehow I missed out.

Anywayz, I got lucky today as they sold a 2 game mini.

wooooooooooohooooooo!!!!!!

doob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2011, 11:18 PM
  #2
The Room*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,340
vCash: 500
nice! enjoy the game, hopefully Sid's ready to go so you can watch him in live. He and Malkin are worth the price of tickets alone.

The Room* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 05:56 AM
  #3
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Awesome, have fun at the game! I'm curious, what wad the other game you had to buy tickets for as part of the package?

Also, has anyone noticed that we are the home opener for Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary over 4 nights? That's a lot of amped up teams and crowds to start the season against!

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
  #4
doob
Registered User
 
doob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Awesome, have fun at the game! I'm curious, what wad the other game you had to buy tickets for as part of the package?

Also, has anyone noticed that we are the home opener for Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary over 4 nights? That's a lot of amped up teams and crowds to start the season against!
thanx, the other game is against the Wild which I normally would groan, but since they got Heatley & Setiguchi it should be more entertaining. It cost me $164 for the two games and the seats are pretty good. I get to see more of the Penguins attack zone!

doob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 12:55 AM
  #5
Crozbar
Registered User
 
Crozbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doob View Post
wooooooooooohoooooooo!!!!!

Sorry, I haven't been to a pens game but once....long time ago when I paid $20 for nosebleeds to watch Ulf & company lose to the Oilers.

The fact they are hardly ever here, made it hard to buy tickets for it would always sell quickly or somehow I missed out.

Anywayz, I got lucky today as they sold a 2 game mini.

wooooooooooohooooooo!!!!!!
I'll be there in my 71' Black N' Gold.

I'm stoked! I haven't had a chance to see the Crosby/Malkin era Pens due to a mix of bad luck, short of money, and university ... cannot wait.

Crozbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:55 PM
  #6
doob
Registered User
 
doob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozbar View Post
I'll be there in my 71' Black N' Gold.

I'm stoked! I haven't had a chance to see the Crosby/Malkin era Pens due to a mix of bad luck, short of money, and university ... cannot wait.
Is there any perfect timing, place that I could bother a pen to get an autograph? Even though I live in Edmoton, I haven't been to many games at Rexall. And where are you sitting? I will be in section 203, row 32 seat 5. Hoping that the Oiler fans don't raz me for wearing a pens jersey. Haven't decided which jersey though. I have a Crosby powder blue, a noname pens black & a vintage Lemieux.

doob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:47 AM
  #7
SEALBound
Registered User
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,104
vCash: 500
Going to the Flames opener! Wooooooooooo!

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 11:29 AM
  #8
Ziggyjoe21
Registered User
 
Ziggyjoe21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pitt
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Speaking of season openers, what's up with us playing Florida in ours? NHL couldn't have made ours any less entertaining? Eff you NHL.

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
  #9
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,893
vCash: 50
Damn you lucky people and your Penguins tickets!!!!

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:26 PM
  #10
Skk82
Registered User
 
Skk82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Speaking of season openers, what's up with us playing Florida in ours? NHL couldn't have made ours any less entertaining? Eff you NHL.
Why? It's the closest the NHL can do to have like Indiana St. open for Penn State or Akron open for Ohio State.

Skk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:50 PM
  #11
Ziggyjoe21
Registered User
 
Ziggyjoe21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Pitt
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 7,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skk82 View Post
Why? It's the closest the NHL can do to have like Indiana St. open for Penn State or Akron open for Ohio State.
Don't you want to open the season against someone good and relevent? I do.

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 12:20 AM
  #12
Crozbar
Registered User
 
Crozbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doob View Post
Is there any perfect timing, place that I could bother a pen to get an autograph? Even though I live in Edmoton, I haven't been to many games at Rexall. And where are you sitting? I will be in section 203, row 32 seat 5. Hoping that the Oiler fans don't raz me for wearing a pens jersey. Haven't decided which jersey though. I have a Crosby powder blue, a noname pens black & a vintage Lemieux.
My tickets are not great something like 302 row 51.

I imagine there will be a decent lot of Pens fans there, which might cut down on harassment. But there is some chance you'll hear about it in the washrooms/on the LRT. So avoid those places (if possible!) to really cut down the harassment factor to near nil.

I almost got in a fight the last time I was there with a friend of mine riding the LRT in his Sharks jersey. But, yeah, experiences may vary ...

I'm sure it will be fine. Have fun! I can't wait.

Crozbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:28 AM
  #13
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,610
vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21 View Post
Don't you want to open the season against someone good and relevent? I do.
Does it really matter? The schedule doesn't change, we still only play Florida at home twice. A home opener is just a game on the schedule that counts the same as any other game, that's the way I look at it. It'd be nice if we could open at home against Philadelphia every year, but that's not happening.

I'm hoping to find a way to get to one of the openers. The fact the western Canadian road trip is at the very start of the season is great for me since it's the only hope I'd have of actually getting to any of the games (have you ever tried driving a Fiesta through Glacier in December? Me neither, and I have no intention of doing so, it struggles enough in June ). The whole school thing and the Canadian cities being fairly far away makes it somewhat difficult, but it would be quite entertaining to go to another city to root for the Penguins. I've been to games in Edmonton and Calgary before, but the opponents were the Wild and the Ducks, respectively, so I was rooting for the home team in both cases (and have since adopted the Oilers as my western team...a title they may or may not lose when I move to LA).

Unfortunately the one that I've never been to out of the western Canadian cities is out of the question. Going to Vancouver would take way too much time and money. Calgary seems like the most sensible option for me since it's the closest city and the game is on a Saturday...the only issue is that I'm currently penciled to be going to Portland that weekend.

I haven't actually given serious thought to this yet, but damn it...I need to go to one of those games. There's a very real chance I won't be getting to Pittsburgh this year and even if I do make the move in the midst of the season we play in Los Angeles in November, while I'll still be here and Anaheim is visiting Pittsburgh in February.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:29 AM
  #14
Ferenth
Registered User
 
Ferenth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Going to the Flames opener! Wooooooooooo!
Same!! See ya there haha.

Me and my roommate got the tickets from our friend, a season ticket holder.

Ferenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.