HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: I just so happen to be in the new line of Charley...

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2004, 01:39 PM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500
OT: I just so happen to be in the new line of Charley...

I live in Orlando...moved from Tampa back in april. I was ready to get all worried about the ppl over there and now not only is the hurricane headed straight over here, but it's now upgraded to category 4. those wacky hurricanes.

i really respect the opinions of the ppl on this website for the most part even though i haven't been around too long...hopefully i'll still have everything intact so that come tomorrow night or sunday i can come back on here and read some more insight.

Old
08-13-2004, 01:43 PM
gkrangers

Good luck...watch out for the tornados too!

Charley should weaken a fair amount, probably well under 100MPH by the time it gets near Orlando.

Old
08-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
good luck to you and your family, i hope all fares well.

Old
08-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Are you at home MC11? Have you guys taken any protective measures?

Old
08-13-2004, 05:53 PM
LondonFan

Its being reported that it will be a category 1 by the time it reaches Orlando. Don't take any chances - be safe!

Old
08-15-2004, 08:04 PM
BwayBshirt

thanks to you guys for your support because i'm telling you we needed it lol!

our house pretty much went unscathed, except for a skinny tree in the backyard falling over and a ton of leaves nestled around the el dorado. we lost power from friday night through sunday night. but other than that we were alright.

unfortunately, the same couldn't have been said of some of the ppl in our neighborhood. on the street right around the corner from our house, there were tall trees that had fallen over. one really thick tree in particular was uprooted so badly that the surrounding sod around it was also uprooted so that the dirt underneath was visible. on the main street nearest my house there were places like 7-11, mcdonald's, burger king, taco bell etc. that had lost power...and none of them have gained it back as of this writing. taco bell's sign was completely destroyed. 7-11 had a window in one of its doors ripped open. gas stations down the road were running out of gas for the customers, and coffee couldn't be refilled fast enough.

traffic lights were/are out on some major intersections. signs and cars absolutely totalled. it was by far the strongest hurricane that i've ever experienced and i'm so thankful that things for me are pretty much back to normal.

now i go back to the wonderful world that is rangerland (partial sarcasm )

Old
08-15-2004, 09:00 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCaptain11
I live in Orlando...moved from Tampa back in april. I was ready to get all worried about the ppl over there and now not only is the hurricane headed straight over here, but it's now upgraded to category 4. those wacky hurricanes.

i really respect the opinions of the ppl on this website for the most part even though i haven't been around too long...hopefully i'll still have everything intact so that come tomorrow night or sunday i can come back on here and read some more insight.
a quote from full metal jacket

" better you than me "

sorry dude

Old
08-16-2004, 01:46 AM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
a quote from full metal jacket

" better you than me "

sorry dude