HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

HF Sharks 13 (PS3): New Game, Old Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 04:37 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

vCash: 500
Old but good:

So twisted, yet so funny.

Chubbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:41 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Just got an e-mail from EA noting that NHL 13 will have pre-order bonuses again this year. Boost packs and gear, just like last year.

Getting sick of that crap. Way to make a level playing field, EA...

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:45 AM
CostcoPizza
Registered Machine

Hey, if you pre-order NHL 13 at Toys R Us it only cost 44.99 with free shipping.

CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:46 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
Hey, if you pre-order NHL 13 at Toys R Us it only cost 44.99 with free shipping.
So does that mean you are going to be playing this year?

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 05:17 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Does this mean everyones going to play Borderlands 2 on PS3? I was hoping more would play PC .

Graveland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Chairman Mallard
Sharks in 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
Does this mean everyones going to play Borderlands 2 on PS3? I was hoping more would play PC .
im gonna get it on pc

Chairman Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Chubbs
Toasty

I got Borderlands for the PC first when it came out, but I mostly played that alone and with my roommate. I got it a second time when the GOTY edition was insanely cheap on PSN.

I had tons of fun when I played it on the PS3 because we actually got more people involved. I'll get it for the PS3 again, but maybe I'll get it for the PC too if there are people playing it.

Old
07-08-2012, 05:21 PM
CostcoPizza
Registered Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
So does that mean you are going to be playing this year?
I don't think I will be playing this year, wish I could. I am off to Korea in a month or so anyways.

CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:29 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 50
I'm planning on getting it on PC.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Chubbs
Toasty

My only gripe about getting the PC version is the amount of hacking that will inevitably happen. It got really bad in the first game.

Granted, the same thing applied for the console versions, but that was only because the save files weren't copy-protected. Have them locked on to the console like some other games and hacking will become a non-issue.

Old
07-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

My ringtone.

Old
07-15-2012, 02:28 AM
WTFetus

My ringtone starts at 0:38

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 01:15 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

so the boost pack bonus is now apparently only included in the $80 collectors edition NHL 13. The new EB/gamestop pre-order bonus (at least in Canada) appears to be that you get a free HUT pack every week for like 10 weeks.

Old
07-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
so the boost pack bonus is now apparently only included in the $80 collectors edition NHL 13. The new EB/gamestop pre-order bonus (at least in Canada) appears to be that you get a free HUT pack every week for like 10 weeks.
Guess there's no sense in pre-ordering the thing anymore.

Old
07-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Boo floyd, I manage to find a way to use the TV again and log back in and then you and asylum sign off? Bah.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:36 AM
Kegsey
#joeMONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Just got an e-mail from EA noting that NHL 13 will have pre-order bonuses again this year. Boost packs and gear, just like last year.

Getting sick of that crap. Way to make a level playing field, EA...
Not sure if you've played BF3, but the cheapest option for owning all the content is $120. You buy the game for $60 and they offer "premium" which comes with future map packs for another $60. EA and Activision are destroying the industry. I would not support EA but unfortunately I can't live without NHL games, and no one wants to play NHL 96 on sega with me anymore.

Kegsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 12:11 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsey View Post
Not sure if you've played BF3, but the cheapest option for owning all the content is $120. You buy the game for $60 and they offer "premium" which comes with future map packs for another $60. EA and Activision are destroying the industry. I would not support EA but unfortunately I can't live without NHL games, and no one wants to play NHL 96 on sega with me anymore.
It's not that there's extra content that's pay-for that bothers me. I don't mind the model that much as long as the DLC isn't stuff that should/could be integral to the gaming experience. In an ideal world, having map packs and stuff like that be DLC should be offset by making the basic game disc cheaper, but it's not like they'd ever do that.

My problem is that the pre-order boost packs meant that people who pre-order the game (or buy boosts as DLC) get to tilt the playing field in their favor. It'd be like an FPS that only gives you a pistol unless you pay to unlock the other weapons. People that pay more money now have an advantage over those that don't. And in spite of what EA says about boost packs all being available to unlock in-game without forking over extra money, it's ridiculous what some of the goals are to unlock them. There have always been several boosts that I wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting in-game either because I would never qualify for the unlock requirements or because I don't want to put in the ridiculous amount of time to meet them.

What EA should do is leave the boosts all unlocked, give everyone a set amount of points to spend on their online skater right from the start, and just let everyone build their player fully right out of the box. Get rid of the unlocks and having to struggle to earn everything and just let people make their player and enjoy the game.

Old
08-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

So NHL 13 has a back-out penalty for teams quitting out of games either in the side select screen (before the game starts) or quitting before the 1 minute mark is up. Anything after the 1 minute mark is a DNF as it is now.

This is very good news for us. We should be able to find a lot more teams to play next year.

Old
08-04-2012, 02:12 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8867576.page

Attribute caps for different player types in EASHL.

Should be interesting. If it works the way I think it will, TWF will once again rule the day in EASHL.

Old
08-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

Quote:
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8867576.page

Attribute caps for different player types in EASHL.

Should be interesting. If it works the way I think it will, TWF will once again rule the day in EASHL.
The stat caps lower for everyone, so that just means 95 is the new 99. Doesn't make any difference at all.

Old
08-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
The stat caps lower for everyone, so that just means 95 is the new 99. Doesn't make any difference at all.
Yeah, but I assume 95 won't be as good as 99 is, and since you can't get 99, the difference between a cap of say 90 for a TWF vs. a 95 for a playmaker won't be as large as a gap between 90 and 99, because people would have boosted the playmaker to a 99 if they could have.

I'm thinking specifically of puck control as an example. If puck control is capped at 90 for a TWF and 95 for a playmaker, that gives the TWF the advantage because most TWF builds wouldn't have had puck control much past 95 anyways, whereas the playmaker would definitely have it set at 99 in NHL 12.

Old
08-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

Quote:
Yeah, but I assume 95 won't be as good as 99 is, and since you can't get 99, the difference between a cap of say 90 for a TWF vs. a 95 for a playmaker won't be as large as a gap between 90 and 99, because people would have boosted the playmaker to a 99 if they could have.

I'm thinking specifically of puck control as an example. If puck control is capped at 90 for a TWF and 95 for a playmaker, that gives the TWF the advantage because most TWF builds wouldn't have had puck control much past 95 anyways, whereas the playmaker would definitely have it set at 99 in NHL 12.
I tried to revert back to a TWF with 90 puck control. Lost the puck on every single poke check.

But I do see what you're saying. TWF's best advantage in the next game IMO would be the higher speed and stick check max values. That would certainly make it one of the more desirable builds.

Old
08-10-2012, 01:00 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
I tried to revert back to a TWF with 90 puck control. Lost the puck on every single poke check.

But I do see what you're saying. TWF's best advantage in the next game IMO would be the higher speed and stick check max values. That would certainly make it one of the more desirable builds.
We'll see how EA balances it. What I'm worried about is that with human players not able to be as good anymore in terms of attributes, and combined with the advanced AI, we could see CPU bots dominating every EASHL game.

Old
08-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

Quote:
We'll see how EA balances it. What I'm worried about is that with human players not able to be as good anymore in terms of attributes, and combined with the advanced AI, we could see CPU bots dominating every EASHL game.
That will never happen. Bots can't even pass in straight lines in NHL 12.

Old
08-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Sharks4Life

Quote:
That will never happen. Bots can't even pass in straight lines in NHL 12.
This, big time.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote