HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Sharks 13 (PS3): New Game, Old Thread

Old
08-22-2012, 01:41 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

vCash: 500
Notice the title change. Shame on us, we couldn't even fill 1000 posts in a year.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Notice the title change. Shame on us, we couldn't even fill 1000 posts in a year.
12 got pretty stale fairly quickly... I hope 13 gives a lot more replay value.

Anyone try the demo yet?

I hope I'm wrong, but based on the gameplay in the demo, I can see a LOT of glitching in EASHL this year.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 01:52 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

Played for a bit. There seems to be a few glitches (five hole shots, abusing backward skating), but they could easily fix those. Curl shots are still there too, but they've been there since 09 so it's no surprise. I haven't tested it out too much, but it seems like faceoff spamming doesn't work anymore, so that's a good thing.
Game speed is slower, but it was like that in the NHL 12 demo too. It'll probably speed up again in a patch or two.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Quote:
Played for a bit. There seems to be a few glitches (five hole shots, abusing backward skating), but they could easily fix those. Curl shots are still there too, but they've been there since 09 so it's no surprise. I haven't tested it out too much, but it seems like faceoff spamming doesn't work anymore, so that's a good thing.
Game speed is slower, but it was like that in the NHL 12 demo too. It'll probably speed up again in a patch or two.
There are more ways to score than ever before, and even though the AI is beefed up, the backwards skating completely messes them up. It'll pretty much be critical to play with 2 human D this year on club.

Old
08-22-2012, 02:04 AM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

Fetus plays well enough for two anyway.

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:59 PM
nerdybeard

Soooo I have been playing NHL 12 on and off since release, mainly HUT (over 250 games) and GM mode (gone through 4-5 seasons) - and I am pretty excited for NHL 13.

I didn't get into the EASHL, which seems to be what most on here play. If you guys are organizing stuff for next year, I am down! I will keep an eye on the thread.

nerdybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I'm hoping to make my return to the game when I pick up 13. I'd say "triumphant", but that would be a massive over-sell considering I play middling-to-poor D and don't provide enough offence to offset it. I'm basically this team's Colin White

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:21 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
that was because in previous years most people didn't have mics and we didn't use a PSN chatroom, so a lot of organizing and during-play convo happened here.

Old
08-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Jurgy25

Send a message via AIM to Jurgy25
Yea I'm getting pretty excited as usual. What is the consensus on buying pre-order or day of? I though I read that they pulled back some of the pre-ordering incentives and it isn't really worth it.

Jurgy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:01 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgy25 View Post
Yea I'm getting pretty excited as usual. What is the consensus on buying pre-order or day of? I though I read that they pulled back some of the pre-ordering incentives and it isn't really worth it.
EB/Gamestop are apparently offering HUT packs as a pre-order incentive instead of boosts. Best Buy here is the one giving out the boost pack. You also apparently get the boost back if you by the premium edition regardless of whether it's pre-order or not.

Old
08-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Jurgy25

Send a message via AIM to Jurgy25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
EB/Gamestop are apparently offering HUT packs as a pre-order incentive instead of boosts. Best Buy here is the one giving out the boost pack. You also apparently get the boost back if you by the premium edition regardless of whether it's pre-order or not.
I was at Gamestop a few days ago and saw the HUT packs. I believe it was 1 HUT Gold pack a week for 12 weeks. I'll probably decide within the next couple days.

Jurgy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 12:25 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgy25 View Post
I was at Gamestop a few days ago and saw the HUT packs. I believe it was 1 HUT Gold pack a week for 12 weeks. I'll probably decide within the next couple days.
That's a pretty good deal if you're a HUT player. Doesn't hurt to pre-order it anyway.
If you're not a big HUT guy, you could pre-order it on Amazon. They're giving the Bauer boost pack and $15 amazon credit. No tax too (until September 15th).

Old
08-24-2012, 01:27 AM
dwood16

I'm not sure how I feel about the demo. I was stoked when I saw that they were redoing the skating engine but the hitting and scoring feel unreal I think.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:30 AM
dwood16

Quote:
That's a pretty good deal if you're a HUT player. Doesn't hurt to pre-order it anyway.
If you're not a big HUT guy, you could pre-order it on Amazon. They're giving the Bauer boost pack and $15 amazon credit. No tax too (until September 15th).
Toys r us has it for like 45 bucks though.. and what's a boost pack cost. The difference could get you a couple of boosts maybe. Right?

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 01:45 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
Toys r us has it for like 45 bucks though.. and what's a boost pack cost. The difference could get you a couple of boosts maybe. Right?
Amazon is $45 if you include the credit (amazon credit might as well be cash ), and there is no tax.
The boost pack they give you isn't really worth buying. If it's anything like the previous games, it's some gear for your BAP and some +3 boosts.

Toys R Us is a good deal too though.

Old
08-24-2012, 02:20 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

I was talking about it with Chubbs earlier tonight, but this back skating looks more and more like a gamebreaking glitch. EA is gonna have to nerf it completely, otherwise EASHL is going to be a noob glitchfest.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:14 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
- EASHL stats will be moved over from NHL 12 to 13. You'll be able to view the stats you had in NHL 12.
I don't know how they'll incorporate this, but if they show the stats pre-game, gg skittlez.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:29 PM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

This is possibly the worst news ever.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:47 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
This is possibly the worst news ever.
Well, EA did introduce a backout penalty this year, but generally I agree.

Now we'll have trouble finding games to play right from Day 1. Fantastic.

Old
08-25-2012, 04:42 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

At first I hated the new skating system because it feels like you're skating in quicksand. But the more I play it, the more I like it. Have to time your skating just right or you are going to get burned. You can actually tell the difference from skaters who actually can skate fast like Grabner. Not sure how that would work with EASHL though as I'm sure everyone would try to max out speed.

The passing seems more difficult, especially the cross crease passes. Also when I try to make those little passes behind the goal line, my skater would shoot the puck instead. Maybe I'm not timing my passes right? You can't do those quick passes anymore when you get the puck. Instead EA added that chopping the puck animation and it's pretty hard to do.

It's probably the sliders but mostly every time I shoot top shelf from the slot, I score. Especially when I'm on the rush and I'm not good at scoring goals.

Presentation is better than before but not by a wide margin. AI is smarter defensively and the goalies make the difficult saves excluding the glitch goals.

As I said, the more I play it the more I like it. The gameplay seems slow but the NHL 12 Demo was like that too so I'm sure EA will tweak it a bit before the game comes out.

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 05:24 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

^ Quick passes don't work in any other mode besides EASHL, because in every other mode R2 will switch your player if you press (or hold and release) it before your player gets the puck.

Old
08-25-2012, 06:30 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
^ Quick passes don't work in any other mode besides EASHL, because in every other mode R2 will switch your player if you press (or hold and release) it before your player gets the puck.
I one-touch in OVP all the time.

Old
08-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Quote:
I one-touch in OVP all the time.
Weird, it doesn't work for me in any other mode besides OTP.

Old
08-25-2012, 10:36 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
I thought that only happens when you don't have the puck and you're on defense. But it's ok since the only mode I play is EASHL or OVP once in awhile. Well, also BAP but only for boosts though.

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:40 PM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

I quick-pass in OVP all the time. It definitely works. I tried it in the demo too and it still works, but it does seem a little harder and sometimes it won't work if the player is trying to knock a puck down on a hard pass.