HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Sharks 13 (PS3): New Game, Old Thread

Old
09-11-2012, 04:05 AM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

vCash: 500
How about we all dive to form a giant wall and have them trip over us?

ChubbChubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
How about we all dive to form a giant wall and have them trip over us?
Or dive in front of the net like those teams that played us did?

Actually, if Costco is on board with it, we could just stand there and teabag all game while letting the superhuman goalies stop every breakaway and odd-man rush the other team gets.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:26 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Think I'm done with BAP now. I unlocked as many boost as I could. I'll unlock the other ones with EASHL.

So far I played three OVPs. Man it's hard to play D. One mistake and you're basically toast. But I guess the poke check balances it.

It's kinda hilarious how the goalies can make the impossible saves but they can't make the easy ones. I had two against me. One was a shot from the corner similar to Couture's goal against Detroit a few years ago and another was a weak wrist shot from the blue line. But at least in this game your goalies can actually steal a game, or lose one.

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:44 AM
CostcoPizza
Registered Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Or dive in front of the net like those teams that played us did?

Actually, if Costco is on board with it, we could just stand there and teabag all game while letting the superhuman goalies stop every breakaway and odd-man rush the other team gets.
I would teabag my heart out, also I don't know if I will buy the game now. I got offered a job and might leave soon.

CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:51 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
I got offered a job and might leave soon.
Sucks and congratulations at the same time.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

This is from a developer. The left column is the highest you can get without boosts and the right column is the highest you can get with boosts.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8972923.page

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 11:16 AM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

I don't really care for online pro.

Can you guys confirm that regular BAP doesn't have a cap? You can get stats to 99 still, right?

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 12:14 PM
sharkblood99
Rookie User

Quote:
So if we have a GM Connected League I'll be interested. Otherwise I'll either join sharkblood's league or another one that's posted on HF.
You know you can join multiple leagues right? We are only having 5 games every 2 weeks but if all games are done we will advance the schedule. Im setting up this league sometime this week but we will wait on the free agent signings until all have sent in their league join request. The season will start Sept 25, that gives everyone a chance to set up their AI or talk trades. Its a casual league and leaves time for everyone to work on EASHL.
Anyway, sign up with the forum sharkfanonps3.freeforums.net

Cheers

Edit: I should add the reason why I havent already set up the league is because I have put the settings up for vote on the forum. Voting will be closed at the earliest tomorrow with the 15th as the finally day.

Last edited by sharkblood99: 09-11-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: forgot something
sharkblood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 01:54 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkblood99 View Post
You know you can join multiple leagues right? We are only having 5 games every 2 weeks but if all games are done we will advance the schedule. .
I don't know anything about GM Connected. How do the 5 games every 2 weeks play out? Is it like OVP, or can we just sim them?

Old
09-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

This is the best NHL game I have ever played. I haven't seen any glitch goals...yet. The only problem to me is that the goalies make all the impossible saves but let in really soft goals. Someone on my team in OTP scored from center-ice.

Does anyone else think the graphics aren't that good right now for EASHL on the PS3? They seem a little blurry to me.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 04:56 PM
sharkblood99
Rookie User

Quote:
How do the 5 games every 2 weeks play out? Is it like OVP, or can we just sim them?
The league will be a mix of 1-on-1 and sim to start with(if we get in a season or two and have 30 GMs we can start talking about 2 vs 2 or more.) We have one GM that I know of who will be going on vacation at the beginning of next month, so he will set his games to auto sim while he is gone so if you cant play for a couple weeks please let me know and set yours to auto sim or it will hold up the league. It will be the two GMs responsibilty to figure out what way and when they want to play the game. You can contact each other either via PSN, the forum or thru the message center in GM Connected.

I approved you on the forum, so go ahead and go to the League Teams thread and pick the franchise you want to GM.

Im apart of another GM Connected league as well, with the randomized rosters I got Parise, Thornton, Hemsky, Pacioretty, Tavarse and Latendresse as my top 6. My D isnt great and I have Niemi as the starter, but the free agents list for that league has guys like Jagr, Whitney and Kaberle. Some teams are strong forward and others strong defensive but the league is even.

edit: Your schedule will be the same as your real teams 12-13 schedule. there will be a block of the first 4-5 games when we start. You dont have to play the games in order of the schedule, they made it so you dont have to wait to play a team thats offline when the others are on.
Thanks man and welcome

Last edited by sharkblood99: 09-11-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: forgot something.. again
sharkblood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:58 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

alright, got my game. Didn't get my boost pack voucher when I picked it up, but I called the store back and they gave me a code. here's hoping it works.

I'm busy now, but I'll try and make sure I set the team up tonight and at least get the invites out to a few people, who can then handle other invites and such if I'm not there late at night.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I'm busy now, but I'll try and make sure I set the team up tonight and at least get the invites out to a few people, who can then handle other invites and such if I'm not there late at night.
If you weren't plan on doing it already, it might be a good idea to allow join requests, at least for the first month or so.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:09 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
If you weren't plan on doing it already, it might be a good idea to allow join requests, at least for the first month or so.
Yeah, that's how we did it last year too. I just turned it off after a month or so because I got sick of cleaning out the join request queue of people who were clearly just picking good teams off the rankings or whatever and trying to get on board.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:14 PM
nerdybeard

Ugh ordered mine through Toys R Us pre-order. $45+ tax shipped, but I won't have it for a few days. I have been playing the demo and Free skating to get a grip on the new physics. I am definitely liking it.

Since all I played was HUT and single player Be a GM on NHL12, I have a couple questions.

EASHL is a league where you use a customized character at one position and play with (up to) a full team of humans in an online league correct? You can go rogue or actually join a team/league?

What are most of you planning to play? I haven't reach post cap for signing up for the EASHL, but once I do I would love to join you all.

Thanks in advance!

nerdybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:20 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdybeat View Post
EASHL is a league where you use a customized character at one position and play with (up to) a full team of humans in an online league correct? You can go rogue or actually join a team/league?

What are most of you planning to play? I haven't reach post cap for signing up for the EASHL, but once I do I would love to join you all.

Thanks in advance!
Yep, that's what EASHL is. If it's the same as NHL 12, you can have 5 different characters (LW, C, RW, D, G).

As a group, we mostly play EASHL. I'll probably join shark99's GM Connected if enough people here join too. And maybe we'll start a league (OVP league) just for funsies.

Old
09-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Kitten Mittons

Played the demo. This game would've been fun if I could score.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:56 PM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

I'm so slowballs right now.

Old
09-11-2012, 08:42 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

I just finished my first drop-in game. Gameplay felt like those games where other teams would host games. I'm guessing it was the connection along with the new skating system and having low attributes. Hopefully it will feel better once we can improve our attributes and unlock our hockey cards.

Edit: Actually I'm not sure if it was the connection... It wasn't lagging nor was I having any issues with the frame rate. Just felt really slow so I guess it's just having to do with the low attributes.

Last edited by McSkittlez: 09-11-2012 at 08:48 PM.
McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:05 PM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

The soundtrack in this game is pretty lousy.

Only song even remotely good.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:12 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

I miss NHL 09's soundtrack. I don't know if it's the nostalgia talking, but I liked almost all of them.

Old
09-11-2012, 10:22 PM
ChubbChubby
Using tilt controls!

I think 10 wasn't bad either if I remember right, but I agree. 09 had a bunch of obscure bands that I never heard about too.

Old
09-12-2012, 12:22 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

holy balls, there's a lot of front-end stuff to do before you start. Game update, system update (that's not related to the game, but still added time for me), online pass redemption, all the 1st time startup stuff like skipping tutorials and crap, pre-order redemption, etc.

I'm basically only going to have time to set up the team tonight and send out a round of invites and that's it.

Old
09-12-2012, 12:53 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Alright. I've sent out as many invites as I could to people on my friends list. Strangely some of them were saying "user not found", regardless of whether or not the person was online or not. If you haven't received an invite yet, you can send a join request.

CHubbs accepted his invite right away, so he's also a GM and can handle accepting join requests too. I'll do my best to check in every night until the weekend to make sure the join requests are handled. I can't guarantee I'll get play time in before then though.

Anyway, I've really gotta go to bed. Early morning tomorrow and I can't afford to be up all night playing hockey.

Old
09-12-2012, 01:17 AM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I'll do my best to check in every night until the weekend to make sure the join requests are handled.
You could check via the website too like last year, so that might makes easier (in case you don't want to turn on your ps3).