HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Sharks 13 (PS3): New Game, Old Thread

Old
09-18-2011, 12:21 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Had planned on finally playing tonight, but I have a pounding, malicious headache right now that makes it hard to focus on fast moving bright colors. And it'll be at least another half hour before the aspirin kicks in.

Maybe tomorrow.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

I'm about 6 games away from my superstar card if my grades hold at B+.

It's a lot harder this year to get good team play grades even if you do a lot of hitting. I'm going back to TWF for every position because the interceptions with the high defensive awareness do help your team play and the cheap passing for a TWF compared to a PWF lessens the giveaways.

On a side note, they completely revamped the giveaway stat this year. Every pass that is intercepted is a giveaway. Kills your team play stat.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
I'm about 6 games away from my superstar card if my grades hold at B+.

It's a lot harder this year to get good team play grades even if you do a lot of hitting. I'm going back to TWF for every position because the interceptions with the high defensive awareness do help your team play and the cheap passing for a TWF compared to a PWF lessens the giveaways.

On a side note, they completely revamped the giveaway stat this year. Every pass that is intercepted is a giveaway. Kills your team play stat.
My team play stat has been pretty good so far, though I've only played about 15 games. I think overall the team play grades are a bit more lenient in 12 compared to 11, but because turnovers are calculated differently it just has a more noticeable effect.

It's the stats grade that's killing me in community

Personally I like the new turnover counter because it will force people to make smarter passes instead of throwing it through the slot all the time (in theory), but if it was implemented in the real NHL, Thornton would have about twice as many giveaways.

Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 03:04 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7531595.page

Here's a link where it shows the attributes for the boost packs if anyone's interested.

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 03:23 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
It's the stats grade that's killing me in community

Personally I like the new turnover counter because it will force people to make smarter passes instead of throwing it through the slot all the time (in theory), but if it was implemented in the real NHL, Thornton would have about twice as many giveaways.
Same. Whether I get Triple A's or not depends on if I get points.

I like the new giveaway counter too. It feels like it's making me play better. Back in NHL 11, I thought I had a lot of giveaways in a certain game, but when I looked it up, I only had like 3. Now I know if I need to change things up or not.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 04:45 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Added SJSharks2010 to the team.

Old
09-18-2011, 05:23 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

playing as a goalie to those unlocks makes me remember why I hated BAP goalie to begin with. I can post a shutout through 3 periods and OT and then it ends up as an endurance contest to see what holds out longer: my ability to keep the puck out of the net, or my offence's crippling inability to put the puck in the other one.

Old
09-18-2011, 05:30 PM
SJSharks2010

Thanks Nem, I'll probably play with you guys tomorrow.

SJSharks2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:04 PM
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

Ugh, playing BAP, make the NHL team, start on top line, score 10 points in first 4 game, demoted to 2nd line and I can't score **** now. My linemates can't finish anything!

TrappedInFullerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:15 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedInFullerton View Post
Ugh, playing BAP, make the NHL team, start on top line, score 10 points in first 4 game, demoted to 2nd line and I can't score **** now. My linemates can't finish anything!
yeah, the AI seems profoundly stupid sometimes. I got drafted by the Wings and a few times when I've dumped the puck in, Datsyuk will go 9/10ths of the way to retrieving the puck, then for no reason pull up and let the other team get to it. and then I get harped at for turning the puck over.

Old
09-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Minicoop831

Quote:
O ya try plaing on the third line in Washington with ward and halpern I had 3+ ppg. fing Boudreau finally put me on the second line lol

Minicoop831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 05:11 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I don't get it. How the hell do you get an A or better for team play as a TWD in Be A Pro?

Last game I won 6-0, had 4 points (a goal and 3 assists), was a +5, had 6 hits and didn't do dumb things like call for bad passes or turn the puck over. And I got an A-. Again. In 3 straight games I've finished A+/A-/A+ and I have no idea what I can do better. Could I get more blocks? Sure, except that would require letting shooters through. Could I get more turnovers? Maybe if they didn't play so much dump and chase.

This is where EA pisses me off. They set all these goals, but they don't check to see if the gameplay and AI lends it self to making those things achievable. If I was more cynical, I'd say that they do all this bull**** to try and coax people into spending money on the boosts instead.

Old
09-19-2011, 06:27 PM
PondShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
If I was more cynical, I'd say that they do all this bull**** to try and coax people into spending money on the boosts instead.
BINGO - they want the kiddies to pay for it, god knows for FREE they can sit there for a week and accomplish any goal imaginable. But, if they pay for something that should work or should already be in the game then thats icing on the cake.

EA - Its in the game......... as long as you pay extra

PondShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 06:57 PM
TrappedInFullerton
Murray SMASH

Quote:
I don't get it. How the hell do you get an A or better for team play as a TWD in Be A Pro?

Last game I won 6-0, had 4 points (a goal and 3 assists), was a +5, had 6 hits and didn't do dumb things like call for bad passes or turn the puck over. And I got an A-. Again. In 3 straight games I've finished A+/A-/A+ and I have no idea what I can do better. Could I get more blocks? Sure, except that would require letting shooters through. Could I get more turnovers? Maybe if they didn't play so much dump and chase.

This is where EA pisses me off. They set all these goals, but they don't check to see if the gameplay and AI lends it self to making those things achievable. If I was more cynical, I'd say that they do all this bull**** to try and coax people into spending money on the boosts instead.
You have to do it in an NHL game. I finally got it in the first Preseason game.

TrappedInFullerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:34 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
You have to do it in an NHL game. I finally got it in the first Preseason game.
these are pre-season games. I dispensed with the draft and all that junk because I already earned all the things I need from them. Except maybe the +3 Slap Power if I can't get onto the 1st pairing right away. (I'm blowing my XP requirements out of the water, but I don't know if getting that immediate 1st line/pairing shot only comes from being a high draft pick) But that's less pressing considering how few equipment slots I have right now.

Old
09-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
I don't understand some of the BAP tasks and how to complete them. Right now, I have a don't get beat 1 on 1 task and I don't know how to complete it. lol I've had several that are like let's take advantage of the opponent's bad power play with no idea how to complete it. And some of these tasks like blocking shots come so late in the game that it's impossible to do. Don't let shots through in the third needs four blocks and no shots against going through when you're on the ice. lol

And then of course, it freezes every other game or so.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Well, assuming my grades hold up, 4 more games till Superstar 3, then begins the LONG grind towards Legend 1. 150 games, A-, 75 wins.

Not to mention Legend 3 is 350 games, A-, 200 wins.

Old
09-19-2011, 11:29 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Well, assuming my grades hold up, 4 more games till Superstar 3, then begins the LONG grind towards Legend 1. 150 games, A-, 75 wins.

Oh that's not too bad compared to Legend 1. I was fearing something like 350 games, A+.

Is there a website that has all the requirements? Seems like they changed things up more than just putting them into thirds.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 11:54 PM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

Quote:

how do you get to that amount of games so quick?

likewall32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
how do you get to that amount of games so quick?
I play a lot in my spare time. 90 games in about 9 days (I got season ticket and the early release).

The scary thing is that some people actually already have their legends. 150 games in about 10 days.

Old
09-20-2011, 12:49 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

reminder to everyone to make sure you get an invite to the chat room (on the PSN) when you sign up and are online with someone. We use the chat to talk during games for the benefit of people without mics and also to plan while in the DR. If you don't have the chat room active while playing games with the team, it makes it difficult to coordinate.

Old
09-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Sharks4Life

well i froze, then reboot to a system update....lame.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 01:05 AM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

Quote:
reminder to everyone to make sure you get an invite to the chat room (on the PSN) when you sign up and are online with someone. We use the chat to talk during games for the benefit of people without mics and also to plan while in the DR. If you don't have the chat room active while playing games with the team, it makes it difficult to coordinate.
how do you do that

likewall32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 01:28 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
how do you do that
I think that costco said he sent you an invite. Above your friends list should be an icon marked "chat room (text only)". If you go there you should see a listing for a room that I think was originally created by ediing. Join that one.

Then whenever you're wanting to play games with the team join it again. that way we know you're wanting to play team games and not OTP or offline or whatever.

Old
09-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Felys

I should get involved in this soon, but I'm just god awful at this game

Felys is offline   Reply With Quote