HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel's Sleepless Nights & Accountability

Old
09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanchion for MVP View Post
If you look at the thread on the main boards, apparently the same rule applies to whatever the Sedins say too.

They are two of the most classy and respectable players in the league, yet NOBODY recognizes that. I hate these boards. Pathetic.
Someone posted this on the main boards!? If it was a Canuck fan they should be banned for stupidity.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 01:58 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
Top post. You murdered the thread. There really is nothing else to say.

Sounds great but last time that happned the media turned it into a negative. Luongo can do no right.
Could care less about the media, just no bulletin board material for the opponents.

Luongo is a hated man in Vancouver and across the league. Put up and shut up, and the haters will still hate, but hopefully we will all be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
They got to the Finals, yes. They never played like Champions though. Every time they'd put up a solid performance in Vancouver, they'd go and crap the bed in Boston. Champions don't do that.

I felt that the team could have played better throughout the whole thing. Chicago and Nashville series could've and should've been over much earlier than it was. If they played like they did in games 1-3 of the Chicago series I think without a doubt they would have smacked everybody in their way.

And then our best player in the Finals was the guy that got ventilated everytime we went to Boston. Considering that, it's hard to wrap my mind that we won 3 games in that series.
Pekke Rinne was Tim Thomas-ing us through the first two games, we were lucky to get out of Vancouver with a split in that series.

We should have killed off the Blackhawks, but the Nashville series was always going to be a tough, close, and hard fought series between two of the best defensive teams in the league.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:04 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
If Luongo said that your thread title would have been, Luongo throws team under the bus, says, "We're losers."
Now you're a mind reader?

And he meant him and his brother. NOT THE TEAM btw.

But enjoy spinning it anyway to rationalize having that Luongo poster on your wall.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Now you're a mind reader?

And he meant him and his brother. NOT THE TEAM btw.

But enjoy spinning it anyway to rationalize having that Luongo poster on your wall.
Are you a mind reader? Maybe Daniel was talking about the entire team

***** can be spun in many different ways. However we all know that if Luongo said ANYTHING close to this it would be spun in a negative direction & he would be the butt of all jokes, called out for calling out his team ...etc

Also if there was a thread named " TSN: Luongo's Sleepless Nights & Accountability" people would be saying stuff like:

"Sleepless nights? Luongo is mentally too weak to lead this team to a cup"

and all the usual crap that he gets.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:30 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Oh god it's this thread again except with a different title.

shortshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSoul View Post
Are you a mind reader? Maybe Daniel was talking about the entire team

***** can be spun in many different ways. However we all know that if Luongo said ANYTHING close to this it would be spun in a negative direction & he would be the butt of all jokes, called out for calling out his team ...etc

Also if there was a thread named " TSN: Luongo's Sleepless Nights & Accountability" people would be saying stuff like:

"Sleepless nights? Luongo is mentally too weak to lead this team to a cup"

and all the usual crap that he gets.
Daniel was definately talking about himself and his brother.

Quote:
Daniel Sedin said he knows that will give the brother's critics more ammunition.

"We didn't produce the way we wanted to produce," he said. "Our only chance is to produce.

"If we don't do that, we're losers. That's the way it is.
The Sedins have been getting ripped here far longer than Luongo has. By about 7 years by my count and hasnt been given a nickname such as "The Sisters" (which is annoying).

So i'm not about to feel sorry for Luongo if he's getting overly criticized on here. Especially not after being crowned the king of vancouver when he came here and being accomidated so well.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Daniel was definately talking about himself and his brother.

The Sedins have been getting ripped here far longer than Luongo has. By about 7 years by my count and hasnt been given a nickname such as "The Sisters" (which is annoying).

So i'm not about to feel sorry for Luongo if he's getting overly criticized on here. Especially not after being crowned the king of vancouver when he came here and being accomidated so well.
did I need to put 2 of these ? I knew that Daniel was talking about themselves...

The only reason they've been getting ripped for longer is because they've been here longer. Roberto has been getting ripped ever since he got here.

Really Luongo hasn't been given a nickname?

The Sedins have the sisters, pinky & the brain (lesser extent) & more recently Thelma and Louise.

Luongo has 7uongo, reboundo, roflberto loluongo, LeBrongo, Luongoal

I think the ONLY good nickname I've seen him have is LuonGOLD

Last edited by Scottrockztheworld*: 09-01-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old
09-01-2011, 04:02 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
did I need to put 2 of these ? I knew that Daniel was talking about themselves...

The only reason they've been getting ripped for longer is because they've been here longer. Roberto has been getting ripped ever since he got here.

Really Luongo hasn't been given a nickname?

The Sedins have the sisters, pinky & the brain (lesser extent) & more recently Thelma and Louise.

Luongo has 7uongo, reboundo, roflberto loluongo LeBrongo, Luongoal

I think the ONLY good nickname I've seen him have is LuonGOLD
or the "what time is it in Boston?"

Old
09-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
I would argue that the Sedins have been knocked since pretty much they got here as well.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
I would argue that the Sedins have been knocked since pretty much they got here as well.
You wouldn't have to argue too much because you're right about that.

Maybe the problem isn't the players but the media & fans??

Old
09-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Just think how it's like in Toronto or Montreal. Media is x-times worse over there.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:30 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
You wouldn't have to argue too much because you're right about that.

Yep...there are a lot of wandering uterus on this board.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Just think how it's like in Toronto or Montreal. Media is x-times worse over there.
We got to see the impact that media from towns like that can make during that later rounds of the playoffs. I was surprised when to find out it could get THAT much worse!

However I think it ultimately comes down to the fans. We have put far too high of expectations on this team year in & year out, when a player doesn't play the way we think he should for 82 games people get angry & start belittling the player.

Old
09-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Reverend Mayhem

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Pekke Rinne was Tim Thomas-ing us through the first two games, we were lucky to get out of Vancouver with a split in that series.

We should have killed off the Blackhawks, but the Nashville series was always going to be a tough, close, and hard fought series between two of the best defensive teams in the league.
Bieksa scores on that one chance he had in game 2:

Or we don't get a bad bounce in the final minute of that game, we sweep the Predators.

Blackhawks should have been buried at least in 5. Game 6 too, but terrible luck and Crawford stepping up in OT.

But I do believe we could have been better overall in the playoffs. If we had buried the Preds or Hawks early, maybe we have enough gas to really bring it in game 7 vs Boston. Who knows?

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Reverend Mayhem

Quote:
We got to see the impact that media from towns like that can make during that later rounds of the playoffs. I was surprised when to find out it could get THAT much worse!

However I think it ultimately comes down to the fans. We have put far too high of expectations on this team year in & year out, when a player doesn't play the way we think he should for 82 games people get angry & start belittling the player.
This. When Luongo struggled in Boston and Sedins struggled in the Finals. People jump all over them. That's not very fair. You support them throughout the entire ordeal. That's your job as the fans, to support your entire team unequivocally as long as they as the season is ongoing and means something.

Support the players first, ask questions later. IMO, that's what a good fan does. People ripping Luongo after game 6 in Boston is just....wrong. Yeah, he lost us the game. But, you get another chance. You don't just start ripping him after the biggest game of his life and before the biggest game of his life.

Some fans really are very small people and I'm not talking stature.

Old
09-01-2011, 05:32 PM
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
But I do believe we could have been better overall in the playoffs. If we had buried the Preds or Hawks early, maybe we have enough gas to really bring it in game 7 vs Boston. Who knows?
It's possible. But I think the San Jose series is what did us in. We were lucky to escape it in five games, and the physical toll on the team...most particularly the injuries to Kesler and Ehrhoff...pretty much put the team behind the 8 ball. We were in no position to absorb any more losses, and when Hamhuis and Rome were lost that was all she wrote.

BloatedGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 05:47 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
This. When Luongo struggled in Boston and Sedins struggled in the Finals. People jump all over them. That's not very fair. You support them throughout the entire ordeal. That's your job as the fans, to support your entire team unequivocally as long as they as the season is ongoing and means something.

Support the players first, ask questions later. IMO, that's what a good fan does. People ripping Luongo after game 6 in Boston is just....wrong. Yeah, he lost us the game. But, you get another chance. You don't just start ripping him after the biggest game of his life and before the biggest game of his life.

I disagree.

Fans have the right to cheer or rip.

I dont think anyone wanted the Canucks to lose game 7....ripping Luongo for his game 6 performance was warranted. Its not like Canuck fans wanted him to lose....they wanted a bounce back game in game 7. He performed poorly in that game.

Its perfectly fair to rip into the guys who got you to the bank, and had two chances to cash the cheque.....they earned that right by making more in a year than what most of us will make in our entire lives.

Doesnt mean we wont or dont cheer for them, but when they fail to perform to the standard they should be held to, you dont just pat them on the back and say nice try.

Old
09-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Reverend Mayhem

Quote:
I disagree.

I dont think anyone wanted the Canucks to lose game 7....ripping Luongo for his game 6 performance was warranted. Its not like Canuck fans wanted him to lose....they wanted a bounce back game in game 7. He performed poorly in that game.

Its perfectly fair to rip into the guys who got you to the bank, and had two chances to cash the cheque.....they earned that right by making more in a year than what most of us will make in our entire lives.

Doesnt mean we wont or dont cheer for them, but when they fail to perform to the standard they should be held to, you dont just pat them on the back and say nice try.
I'm not saying don't rip them, I'm saying don't rip them in the thick of the battle.

Old
09-01-2011, 06:05 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
I'm not saying don't rip them, I'm saying don't rip them in the thick of the battle.

Hard not to rip that!

Especially after the "in the blue paint" crap that got blown out of proportion.

It hurts to even put that there, but that goal right there sums up Luongo's finals....even though we probably wouldnt have gotten to 7 without his performances in game 1,2, and 5.

Short-side glove from that angle with the cup in the building 5 minutes into a game popped the balloon.

I dont blame him for the teams collapse after that goal, but you have to stop that one.

Old
09-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Karl Hungus

Quote:
I disagree.

I agree to an extent. Being a good fan is not about blindly supporting the team. It's more about how you ride the highs and the lows. When the chips get down some people get so emotional and irate. It's listening to an senile old man angrily try to get a refund. They're not making any sense or listening to reason, they're just hitting you with a wave of anger. When the team does well these same posters all but concede that they'll put their irrational agendas aside momentarily. It's shallow and annoying, imo. I know they love this team but it comes out in all the wrong ways...

Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:49 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

The only thing that happened was they ran into a freak of nature hot goalie who was playing out of his mind

If Thomas played like he did against Tampa Bay, the Nucks would of had a good chance of winning the SC

But Thomas played the best hockey in his life at the right time, he got hot and the whole team rode on his coattails

And Luongo... not so much

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
The Sedins are going to do exactly what they've done the entire time they've been NHL players. Absorb a mountain of **** from the press after a disappointment, learn from it, and work harder to be better next time.

There is no Luongo comment that won't be turned into a negative.
Lose.

Henrik showed up for 1 round.
Daniel showed up for half a round.

And Luongo deserves to have every comment turned into a negative.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaaaBob View Post
I like the Sedins and their dedication to the team and city but I really don't see these guys leading us to the cup, it'll be Kesler. Would love for the Sedins to prove me wrong but them and Luongo are two players who need to start proving it in the post season cause their too inconsistent and they drop from super stars reg season players to good players in the playoffs.
He's no better.

Old
09-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:

Hard not to rip that!

Especially after the "in the blue paint" crap that got blown out of proportion.

It hurts to even put that there, but that goal right there sums up Luongo's finals....even though we probably wouldnt have gotten to 7 without his performances in game 1,2, and 5.

Short-side glove from that angle with the cup in the building 5 minutes into a game popped the balloon.

I dont blame him for the teams collapse after that goal, but you have to stop that one.
You know what after watching that... yeah that is inexcusable!! You butterfly to cover the net, but you wear those big shoulder pads to stand up, and make sure that shot doesn't go in.

To me the 2nd goal is the more egrigious and in all honesty a goal I've seen scored on him far too many times. If he doesn't learn to close the 5 hole, Aquilini is wasting his money.

Biggest Canuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:57 PM
serge2k

Quote:

No it's not.

Luongo deserved every bit of the hate, and still does. He ****ing costg them a championship. Same with the Sedins.