HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel's Sleepless Nights & Accountability

Old
09-01-2011, 05:59 PM
serge2k

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey View Post
The only thing that happened was they ran into a freak of nature hot goalie who was playing out of his mind

If Thomas played like he did against Tampa Bay, the Nucks would of had a good chance of winning the SC

But Thomas played the best hockey in his life at the right time, he got hot and the whole team rode on his coattails

And Luongo... not so much
No, they choked. It had nothing to do with Thomas. The team played pathetic hockey in 4 of 7 games. Luongo sucked. The Sedins sucked. Kesler sucked.

They should have won that series, the fact that they didn't is inexcusable.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
billvanseattle

one game away from our first stanley cup.

They played ... what, 25 postseason games, and the way some people rip on them is sad. I didn't much care for the lack of calls on after the whistle crap, and no doubt many were playing with nasty injuries.

but I find some of the comments on here petty and sickening. Just my 10 cents.

Course the good news is I got the family tickets back and now have 4 seats to every game ... that I can't afford but what the heck.

billvanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Konflickter

If this doesn't motivate Daniel and the Canucks, I don't know what will.

Konflickter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:07 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflickter View Post
If this doesn't motivate Daniel and the Canucks, I don't know what will.
The Stanley cup being in the building couldn't motivate them, what makes you think this will.

Old
09-01-2011, 06:08 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvanseattle View Post
one game away from our first stanley cup.

They played ... what, 25 postseason games, and the way some people rip on them is sad. I didn't much care for the lack of calls on after the whistle crap, and no doubt many were playing with nasty injuries.

but I find some of the comments on here petty and sickening. Just my 10 cents.

Course the good news is I got the family tickets back and now have 4 seats to every game ... that I can't afford but what the heck.
That fits, the way they played was sad.

Old
09-01-2011, 06:13 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
You know what after watching that... yeah that is inexcusable!! You butterfly to cover the net, but you wear those big shoulder pads to stand up, and make sure that shot doesn't go in.

To me the 2nd goal is the more egrigious and in all honesty a goal I've seen scored on him far too many times. If he doesn't learn to close the 5 hole, Aquilini is wasting his money.
All three goals in that game were an embarrassment. That performance in game 6 was one of the worst I've seen from any goalie in a Cup final. Add to that his road numbers in that series were humiliating.

I've been saying it all summer but that game 6 drastically changed my feelings on Luongo. I don't know if I'll ever trust him again. Let's just hope his teammates don't feel the way I do, otherwise it's going to be an ugly season.

Let me say this again though, I'm not solely blaming Luongo for losing the Cup. All I'm saying is that I've come to accept that he is a wildly inconsistent goalie who can hurt his team as much as he can help his team. When he's on, he's awesome but when he's off, boy is he off. It's tough to say whether that kind of inconsistency could ever win Cup.

Prove me wrong Lou.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:21 PM
hlrsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
No, they choked. It had nothing to do with Thomas. The team played pathetic hockey in 4 of 7 games. Luongo sucked. The Sedins sucked. Kesler sucked.

Man, what happened to you? You used to be a decent poster on CDC. Now you bring absolutely nothing of value in your posts, all you ever do is cry.

Anyway.. it's always nice to hear personal accountability like that, whether he's right or not. I don't really think Luongo would be getting heat if he made the same comments.

hlrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:30 PM
BobbySmithFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
The Sedins are going to do exactly what they've done the entire time they've been NHL players. Absorb a mountain of **** from the press after a disappointment, learn from it, and work harder to be better next time.

There is no Luongo comment that won't be turned into a negative.

Luongo says "I hope they cure cancer."

Eastern Media headline: "Luongo takes pro-Cancer stance before season, wishes it upon opponents."

BobbySmithFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:34 PM
BobbySmithFan

Quote:
No, they choked. It had nothing to do with Thomas. The team played pathetic hockey in 4 of 7 games. Luongo sucked. The Sedins sucked. Kesler sucked. They should have won that series, the fact that they didn't is inexcusable.
Great analysis. They should have you doing intermissions on CBC.

"We now go to Serge for our 2nd period analysis"

Serge: "Well the 2nd period sucked. The sucky play by Sidney Crosby and his team of suckers sucked. The goalie sucked. The powerplay sucked. Gary Bettman ought to ban sucking."

BobbySmithFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySmithFan View Post
Luongo says "I hope they cure cancer."

Eastern Media headline: "Luongo takes pro-Cancer stance before season, wishes it upon opponents."
I lol'd

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Lose.
As incredibly wrong as you are about virtually everything in this thread, I found this pretty funny.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 07:04 PM
billvanseattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySmithFan View Post
Great analysis. They should have you doing intermissions on CBC.

"We now go to Serge for our 2nd period analysis"

Serge: "Well the 2nd period sucked. The sucky play by Sidney Crosby and his team of suckers sucked. The goalie sucked. The powerplay sucked. Gary Bettman ought to ban sucking."
LOL

that was better than what I said by far lol.

billvanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Virtanev
+

Quote:
The Stanley cup being in the building couldn't motivate them, what makes you think this will.
Stop being such a Debbie Downer. Yes the Sedins didn't live up to there potential in the finals, but at least they admitted to it but it'll motivated to do better and silence the critiques next playoffs. Let me guess you're one of the people who wrote of the Sedins when they weren't producing earlier in there careers. The Sedins have overcame all sorts of hatred by the media and have emerged as 2 of the best players in the league, I have faith that they will overcome this playoff shortcoming and emerge as Stanley Cup champions.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 07:33 PM
OgoBoHo
FIRE DESJARDINS

vCash: 53
Can't believe how much you guys feed the troll(s) and respond to them at all times. You want them gone, but yet you keep giving them a reason to post.

Anyways, like I said I'm happy Danny said that he wasn't good during the playoffs, shows leadership. Injuries hit us hard in the playoffs, and it cost us in the end. Expect a motivated pair of Sedins this season, or for me I will at least.

OgoBoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Karl Hungus

vCash: 833
"The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli."

Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Proto

vCash: 833
This place resembles CDC more every day.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Konflickter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
"The sea was angry that day, my friends. Like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli."
ROFL that was a good episode

Konflickter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:01 PM
jimmythescot

I'm amazed that the main boards haven't descended into "Oh my God! She admitted she's going to marry a carrot!"

Maybe they haven't got wind of it yet.

jimmythescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:22 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Interesting how you include Burrows in that list. What more do you want from a 2mil guy?

Kesler was effective in round 1 vs CHI.

Great in Rd 2 Vs Nash.

Avg in Rd 3 vs SJ

Injured in Rd 4 vs BOS
Never judge a player by a salary, that's not fair. Judge an agent by his clients salary if you want, but not a player.

I like to think that you should be compared to your regular season. Burrows has been a top goal scorer for our team the last 2 years. 2 million dollars or not. No one expects him to keep his 30 goal pace in the playoffs but somewhere close to that would be nice.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:34 PM
hackey
Oh Did I Offend You

Quote:

Give some credit to Boston
If Thomas was average... that could of been the difference

He didn't win the Conn Smythe be default
A hot goalie can kill you in a short series

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Dado

vCash:
I don't see anything wrong with Daniel's comments. He tried, he didn't succeed. I cannot question their effort or desire - they really tried - and they came up short. Not every great player can be successful in all situations - that's why only a handful of players are remembered as true legends.

The Sedins are a class act all the way. And they are great players, and will be remembered as great Canucks. Only three times in 40 years has this franchise had a shot at the championship, and they were a big part of one of those runs.

There only "failing", really, is that they aren't the stuff of legend.

Personally, I think the window on this core has closed. It's not "guaranteed", but it is "most likely". I, for one, will remember this past season fondly. I will remember that feeling after game 2 where, for a brief moment, it truly felt like the stars had aligned for us. And from here on out I will try to enjoy the 1 or 2 or 3 years left of this era.

Old
09-01-2011, 08:52 PM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythescot View Post
"Oh my God! She admitted she's going to marry a carrot!"
you win this thread

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:15 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
I like to think that you should be compared to your regular season. Burrows has been a top goal scorer for our team the last 2 years. 2 million dollars or not. No one expects him to keep his 30 goal pace in the playoffs but somewhere close to that would be nice.
Well, he did lead the team in goals and scored at a 30 goal/82 game pace in the playoffs. In fact, his scoring pace in the playoffs was identical to what it was in the regular season (0.36 G/G).

opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaffiTorres View Post
The Sedins aren't making any excuses, which is good moving forward. They're only putting blame on themselves and no one else, that's a leader and a good teammate.
Exactly. However, I'm still waiting for the first article from the Vancouver media questioning AV's decision to roll with three lines in the playoffs. He can't do that again if the team wants to win it all.

Old
09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Exactly. However, I'm still waiting for the first article from the Vancouver media questioning AV's decision to roll with three lines in the playoffs. He can't do that again if the team wants to win it all.
Because when your entire 2nd line is decimated through injury it's hard to roll 4 lines.

Don't get me wrong, Vancouver had more offensive depth than any team in the league this year, but that wasn't the case by the time we hit the final. You can't roll 4 lines when everyone is injured.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote