HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel's Sleepless Nights & Accountability

Old
09-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Steamer

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=serge2k;36376315

They should have won that series, the fact that they didn't is inexcusable.[/QUOTE]

Actually that is crap. There were serious injuries and the team was just too beat up.

However, LOSEONGO did suck. He choked big time in Game 6 and 7 against Boston. HE choked big time in games 4 and 5 against Chicago. I know lots of people believe in him, but the facts speak for themselves. He gave up the game winning goal against Anaheim his first year, because he didn't wait for the whistle, he just gave up, ditto with the goal in game 7 against Boston, when the player slid into him. He should have stood up and stopped the puck, or at least made an attempt. He isn't the ref and should wait until he hears the whistle or it is clear that it has been blown before relaxing. He simply does not have the psyche to win when he needs to. He was okay in the Olympics not great. Canada won in spite of him, not because of him.
I hated his contract when he signed it and hate it even more, we are saddled with a loser, at least that is what I will believe until he proves me wrong.

Steamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:09 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrsr View Post
Man, what happened to you? You used to be a decent poster on CDC. Now you bring absolutely nothing of value in your posts, all you ever do is cry.

Anyway.. it's always nice to hear personal accountability like that, whether he's right or not. I don't really think Luongo would be getting heat if he made the same comments.
He's right that it's inexcusable that we didn't win. On paper it was one sided but our star players couldn't it done. We'll see if the Sedins pick it up in the key playoff games but I do have my doubts with Sedins and Luongo in big key games.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:18 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
Actually that is crap. There were serious injuries and the team was just too beat up.

However, LOSEONGO did suck. He choked big time in Game 6 and 7 against Boston. HE choked big time in games 4 and 5 against Chicago. I know lots of people believe in him, but the facts speak for themselves. He gave up the game winning goal against Anaheim his first year, because he didn't wait for the whistle, he just gave up, ditto with the goal in game 7 against Boston, when the player slid into him. He should have stood up and stopped the puck, or at least made an attempt. He isn't the ref and should wait until he hears the whistle or it is clear that it has been blown before relaxing. He simply does not have the psyche to win when he needs to. He was okay in the Olympics not great. Canada won in spite of him, not because of him.
I hated his contract when he signed it and hate it even more, we are saddled with a loser, at least that is what I will believe until he proves me wrong.
Nope it's inexcusable. Hank Sedins with 1 point and Daniel with 4 points in the Stanley cup finals!!!! those are or star players that had a combine 5 points in 7 games for the cup?.... A one legged Kesler match Hanks point production, Sedins better be accepting the accountability cause their play was not acceptable if they want to win a cup.

One thing I wont blame on Luongo is that year we lost to the Ducks. Luongo was a beast and played out of his mind and was the reason we got that far, we were clearly over matched and were relying on our goalie, Luongo shouldn't be faulted for that season.

Old
09-01-2011, 10:20 PM
VanEric

Buzz word after buzz word after buzz word.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:23 PM
The Optimist

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
They got to the Finals, yes. They never played like Champions though.
Just out of curiosity, how does a champion play? Semantics mean nothing. The reality is the Sedins, along with the rest of the Canucks, were good enough to make it to game 7 of the finals. Whether you, or the rest of the world, accept it or not, they proved they have a high level of winning pedigree.

The Optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:27 PM
VanEric

People need to try to move on already. The Canucks can't go back in time and play the series again. What's done is done.

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:32 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Optimist View Post
Just out of curiosity, how does a champion play? Semantics mean nothing. The reality is the Sedins, along with the rest of the Canucks, were good enough to make it to game 7 of the finals. Whether you, or the rest of the world, accept it or not, they proved they have a high level of winning pedigree.
Yet lose to a team that should've been a notch below that Canucks team. 5 points from the twins in the SCF is not acceptable. The #1 offensive team of the season had a hard time scoring in the playoffs and Luongo had too many nights off. How does a Champion play?... go ask Boston, Hawks, Wings, Ducks and Pens, Canucks aren't a champion team yet.

Old
09-01-2011, 10:53 PM
serge2k

Quote:
No, they proved that sooner or later they will always fail.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 10:54 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
People need to try to move on already. The Canucks can't go back in time and play the series again. What's done is done.
Yup, and they are failures now. Can't change that unless they win.

serge2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Konflickter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
Have you ever heard the saying "Hope springs eternal"?

Konflickter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Moore Money

Sedins have always been accountable. It's why they continue to get better. Hopefully they can take it another step forward in the playoffs.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:24 PM
BobbySmithFan

Quote:
No, they proved that sooner or later they will always fail.
Wow. That made no sense on like, a cosmic level.

I still can't believe I read a poster saying that the Stanley Cup has "nothing to do with Tim Thomas."

HFboards will drive me to drink one day

BobbySmithFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
You can't roll 4 lines when everyone is injured.
That's exactly why you roll 4 lines. The playoffs are the time of year when the role players need to step up and contribute more.

Old
09-01-2011, 11:45 PM
vanboy99

wuts incredibly frustrating is who they lost to....boston is a team of slow scrubs, only moderately skilled (< top 8 in the league in pure skill), full of slow dmen, average forwards....the only thing they had was brute physicality and more importantly a super hot goalie. If it wasn't for soft goaltending from our team, they would have been no chance.

vanboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:44 AM
ProstheticConscience
Bopping along

vCash: 50
Serge2k...dude...nobody's happy about losing in the Finals. Okay?

If you're convinced the Canucks will always fail, why are you here? There are more than enough people telling us that every day on this site. We don't need one more.

You need some more time off.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Konflickter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanboy99 View Post
wuts incredibly frustrating is who they lost to....boston is a team of slow scrubs, only moderately skilled (< top 8 in the league in pure skill), full of slow dmen, average forwards....the only thing they had was brute physicality and more importantly a super hot goalie. If it wasn't for soft goaltending from our team, they would have been no chance.
The Bruins were like the Preds except with an even hotter goalie and forward depth. The Sedins were shut down by both teams, except Kesler was able to pick up the slack in the Nashville series. That didn't happen against Boston.

Old
09-02-2011, 02:15 AM
Win One Before I Die
The Keg or bust

Canucks should be in the finals again next year... we will get it right this time. Who's in the West that has improved enough to challenge us?

Win One Before I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Konflickter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessVillain View Post
Canucks should be in the finals again next year... we will get it right this time. Who's in the West that has improved enough to challenge us?
LA, San Jose

Old
09-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

I forgot who said it, but the quote was there are 3 seasons in hockey. Regular season, playoffs, and the Stanley Cup Finals. Hopefully they will learn that they need that extra extra gear to get the Cup this year.

Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
It's in threads where troll posts are quoted over and over again that reminds me how great the ignore function is.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 03:09 AM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Serious question: If they're such failures and it's painful to watch and so forth, why are you even a fan of this team then?

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 04:31 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Serious question: If they're such failures and it's painful to watch and so forth, why are you even a fan of this team then?
He's just bitter don't mind him.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Quote:
I can't tell you exactly how; but I can say champions don't take 38 shots on goal in game 7 for the Cup at home without scoring a goal. They also don't only yield 20 shots and have 3 go through.

They don't collapse everytime they go on the road in the Finals. They don't lose that game 6 in Boston.

I believe they can be champions one day. Just couldn't put it all together this year.

Old
09-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

Hard not to rip that!
Yeah, I said you can rip that all you want now. Although, when the team is heading into the biggest game of their lives, maybe show some support for Luongo instead of pointing out how bad his last game was that was my point. Throw whatever you need to say out there. I've learnt it's nearly impossible to argue opinion on these boards. It's too objective that neither party will really budge at all.

---------------
On a somewhat related note, I've only ever ignored one person from this sub-forum ever. I forget his name, but he was pretty much the most ignorant poster I had ever come across. Today, I had to add serge2k to the list. His crap is getting old, and one can only wonder if his days are numbered as well.

Too bad, I enjoy talking to my brothers here and discussing this game I love. More opinions, the better IMO. Some people just can't keep it together though.

Old
09-02-2011, 04:47 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Buzz word after buzz word after buzz word.
Rehash rehash toughness rehash rehash Luongo rehash rehash mental weakness rehash rehash injuries rehash rehash hot goalie rehash rehash Sedins rehash rehash choking rehash rehash coaching rehash rehash ref bias rehash rehash clean hit.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote