HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

who doesnt make it?

Old
09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Kaibur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
Correct. You can track the picks at:

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2012.htm

You can look back or forward to any year by changing the year in the URL.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2013.htm
Thanks. The wikipedia one is (obviously untrustworthy) not up to date and doesn't include the Bryzgalov conditional pick.

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
PPD7952

Send a message via AIM to PPD7952 Send a message via MSN to PPD7952 Send a message via Yahoo to PPD7952
I think a lot of people forget that Tik can and Noke can play all 3 forward positions and kill penalties. This makes them a lot more valuable than players like Pouliot, Chipchura, etc.

Maclean will be on the roster. Anyone who thinks differently needs to stop drinking the kool-aid. Tik has a roster spot to be won. It's not his, but it can be. Remember the last "underperforming" forward that can play all 3 positions that came to the big club? Yeah his name is Lauri Korpikoski and NOONE would trade him now. So, in 14 days the roster will begin to play itself out.

This will be a VERY competitive camp. Guys like Miele, Tik, Schlemko, Summers, Goncharov, Gormley, Chipchura, Pouliot, etc will fight very hard for jobs. (Miele is my darkhorse to make the team.)

PPD7952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:13 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

This time last year I was advocating our keeping Pyatt and Winnik over Nokelainen and Korpikoski.

Haha.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

RE: Bissonnette

Where is this idea that he's a poor fighter coming from?

Old
09-02-2011, 02:26 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPD7952 View Post
I think a lot of people forget that Tik can and Noke can play all 3 forward positions and kill penalties. This makes them a lot more valuable than players like Pouliot, Chipchura, etc.

Maclean will be on the roster. Anyone who thinks differently needs to stop drinking the kool-aid. Tik has a roster spot to be won. It's not his, but it can be. Remember the last "underperforming" forward that can play all 3 positions that came to the big club? Yeah his name is Lauri Korpikoski and NOONE would trade him now. So, in 14 days the roster will begin to play itself out.

This will be a VERY competitive camp. Guys like Miele, Tik, Schlemko, Summers, Goncharov, Gormley, Chipchura, Pouliot, etc will fight very hard for jobs. (Miele is my darkhorse to make the team.)
Good points. I'm looking forward to seeing how Lessio looks in the rookie came too. Miele has a lot of skill. He would be an exciting player to watch. With no more trades, this does look to be a camp with a heck of a lot of competition. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Bandit34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Ditch Tikhonov and MacLean for Chipchura? He's gritty, sure. I know you love the big fighters, but I'm not sure Chipchura qualifies. I mean he will fight, but he's not an enforcer, or anything. Personally, I prefer the middle weights because its rarely the heavyweights that run around taking liberties. That said, I'm not about to sacrifice player with potential just to keep a middle weight and a Goon in the line up.

If you were arguing to ditch Biz and hang on to the more desperate and more willing to fight all comers, even the smaller ones, kind of fighter in Chipchura, I would totally agree. I would. I just doubt the guys who actually call the shots would.
To be honest, I didn't really consider Chipchura being the type of player that would take the place of both Maclean and Tikhonov. I consider Boedker making the line-up and giving Korpikoski more minutes as for the reason why I ditched Tikhonov and Maclean.

As for the heavyweight topic, I wouldn't think we would need one if our scorers were tough themselves like they were in the old days. I would also prefer a line-up full of middles over one designated enforcer. But if you look at our line-up, Whitney, Turris, OEL, Boedker, Korpikoski, Vrbata, Yandle, Rozsival, Schlemko along with possibly Maclean, and Tikhonov can not defend themselves. So we need a guy that will look over them and provide protection.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 06:42 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Protection from who? Not heavyweights. Name one top heavy that runs around cheap shotting non fighters. Heavies just fight heavies. Pointless.

If we demote either of Tikhonov or MacLean, the have to clear waivers before being assigned.

If we choose to subject them to waivers over Chipchura or Nokelainen or whoever, we have effectively traded traded them for those players.

Old
09-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Bandit34

Quickly, Trevor Gillies.

It's unfortunate, I admit. But why plug a guy on the roster when there are players on the current roster who are better at their roles. Although, they still have training camp to help themselves.

Old
09-02-2011, 06:55 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit34 View Post
Quickly, Trevor Gillies.

It's unfortunate, I admit. But why plug a guy on the roster when there are players on the current roster who are better at their roles. Although, they still have training camp to prove themselves.
He is one. How long he lasts in the league we shall see. I do wish we could've traded Bissonnette for him. Everyone hates him, but I'd prefer a Goon willing to jump somebody than a polite, please and thank-you invitation fighter like Bissonnette.

What do you say we give Mitch Fritz a two way deal and call him up during the one game we will play against the isles?

Also, if we didnt have Bissonnette, the islanders wouldn't bother dressing Gillies against us. He'd be a healthy scratch. Isn't that the best protection, anyway?

Old
09-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Bandit34

Fans definitely enjoy and see the value of an enforcer like Gillies. But, the coaches prefer a "disciplined" enforcer like Bissonnette.

I have no idea where Mitch Fritz is but Bissonnette is way more skilled than him (that's saying something).

That's a possibility, but there are some teams that always play a heavy like Philadelphia, Anaheim, and Boston.

Old
09-02-2011, 07:45 PM
stasiewich

Everybody on the rangers board are calling Pyatt for Christensen so then i guess your roster would look like this maybe?

Whitney/Hanzal/Vrbata
MacLean/Turris/Doan
Korpikoski/Langkow/Boedker
Bissonnette/Christensen/Torres

Gordon

what would you guys think of that?

stasiewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 08:09 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiewich View Post
Everybody on the rangers board are calling Pyatt for Christensen so then i guess your roster would look like this maybe?

Whitney/Hanzal/Vrbata
MacLean/Turris/Doan

Gordon

Hell no. You can have Pyatt for free, but I'm not taking Christensen.

Old
09-02-2011, 08:32 PM
87turbobuick

Maybe Ottawa would trade us Chris Neil, he is the type of tough guy we need. I want a player who is slightly crazy to keep the other team off kilter.

87turbobuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiewich View Post

Whitney/Hanzal/Vrbata
MacLean/Turris/Doan

Gordon

Gordon will be more important to our team than Christensen would be. We need a guy that can win faceoffs and kill penalties, Gordon fits that roll perfectly. Also, according to Capital fans he has an un-tapped offensive side, so I am happy to have added Gordon.

I do not agree with the whole "dump Pyatt for free" thing we got goin on here. The guy is a big body that is capable of a 20 goal season, there has to be some kind of market for him. Even if it is for a 5th or 6th round pick.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 10:10 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Gordon will be more important to our team than Christensen would be. We need a guy that can win faceoffs and kill penalties, Gordon fits that roll perfectly. Also, according to Capital fans he has an un-tapped offensive side, so I am happy to have added Gordon.

I do not agree with the whole "dump Pyatt for free" thing we got goin on here. The guy is a big body that is capable of a 20 goal season, there has to be some kind of market for him. Even if it is for a 5th or 6th round pick.
I agree, Pyatt should not be dumped. If he gets traded, it would be for a player that can contribute right away. I actual believe that he will contribute more next season (compared to this last season) playing wing next to Gordon...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I agree, Pyatt should not be dumped. If he gets traded, it would be for a player that can contribute right away. I actual believe that he will contribute more next season (compared to this last season) playing wing next to Gordon...
I disagree. The problem is that we have too many NHL quality wingers, as well as depth at every position. We need to either make a two-for-one deal or move a roster player for a prospect or pick. I'd prefer a pick or junior player, as Portland's roster spots look pretty much covered as well.

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 11:27 AM
zz

I'm having a very, very difficult time imagining both Tikhonov and McLean making getting a roster spot out of camp. Maloney can say anything he wants, our short Tippett history says otherwise. We've got great hopes for Boedker and Turris, but let's remember they both just recently earned the coach's trust, after a full year being on the big team.

I just don't believe those 2 second-tier prospects are going to get picked for full-time duty. They'll get a good look for 10 games, and at least one of them will get waived/demoted.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 11:29 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Tippett will make choices based on his options. Maloney can limit those options.

Old
09-03-2011, 11:47 AM
zz

Quote:
Tippett will make choices based on his options. Maloney can limit those options.
Yes. And if he has to pick 2 players out of McLean, Tikhonov and Pyatt, my money would be on Pyatt making it.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 12:10 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
Yes. And if he has to pick 2 players out of McLean, Tikhonov and Pyatt, my money would be on Pyatt making it.
Even if you remove Pyatt from the equation he could still put all of Nokelainen, Chipchura and Bissonnette above them on the depth chart. It's Tippett, after all. He likes Ebbett better than Boedker.

Old
09-03-2011, 12:14 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
...and the most trade value...
I can see the Coyotes trading Pyatt + for an upgrade @ wing, but as far as the roster stands now, he will not get dumped/waived...

Quote:
Even if you remove Pyatt from the equation he could still put all of Nokelainen, Chipchura and Bissonnette above them on the depth chart. It's Tippett, after all. He likes Ebbett better than Boedker.
I wouldn't say like, but I would say trust...

Old
09-03-2011, 12:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
...and the most trade value...
I can see the Coyotes trading Pyatt + for an upgrade @ wing, but as far as the roster stands now, he will not get dumped/waived...

I wouldn't say like, but I would say trust...
That + better include BOTH Tikhonov and MacLean.

Old
09-03-2011, 12:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I feel like everyone keeps forgetting a forward or two.

Quote:

As far as forwards go...

1. Doan
2. Langkow
3. Korpikoski
4. Whitney
5. Hanzal
6. Vrbata
7. Torres
8. Turris
9. Boedker
10. Pyatt
11. Gordon
12. Nokelainen
----
13. MacLean
14. Tikhonov
15. Bissonnette

Trading Pyatt and Tikhonov for a winger still leaves you with two too many.
And everyone needs to forget about Bissonnette not making this team. He WILL make the team. None of us want him, but Tippett and Maloney do. It's just a certainty. I don't want mike smith on this team. I can't change that. Smith and biz are both locks. Nobody we have in the system is capable of supplanting either and playing the same role. We are stuck with both. Sorry, but that's reality.

All of the centers on that list make the team.

So, choose two of Pyatt, Nokelainen, MacLean and Tikhonov. Maybe three if we elect to carry 14 forwards which we've never done for a significant period of time. Remember that both Pyatt and Nokelainen have one-way contract.

Which two do you cut? Pyatt, Nokelainen, MacLean, or Tikhonov.

Axe two.

Take those fifteen names and make it a list of thirteen names. You have to keep Bissonnette. That's Tippett's job in camp. Make that fifteen into thirteen.

Last edited by rt: 09-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old
09-03-2011, 12:29 PM
DesertDawg

The Coyotes will keep 14 forwards (like most teams) on their roster, so I'm not getting this.

&
7 d'men
&
2 goalies

Tik seems to be the odd man out...

Old
09-03-2011, 12:55 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Okay, so let's assume Tikhonov heads to San Jose for a 4th or something.

Let's also assume Bissonnette is scratched most nights.

Which forward helps him eat his nachos most nights? MacLean, Nokelainen, or Pyatt?