HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Is it time for the NHL to make radical rule changes?

Old
09-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post
Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Europe.
Yeah, they never fight in Europe.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Fighting is for kids.

We tell our children not to fight though, but condone this.

It makes hockey look stupid and barbaric. And it makes the fans look like neanderthals.
Baseball is barbaric then as well. Basketball. Football. Soccer. Fights happen in sports.

And you CHOSE to like a sport where it's more accepted.

I am a huge UFC fan, and know many UFC fans. Doctors, Lawyers, and because of these guys, politicians. Police officers, fire fighters, pilots, business owners...the list goes on. AND, they like fighting in hockey as well. Neanderthals? Nope. Educated men who help make the world go round.

And, I don't know too many people who tell their kids not to fight. I know plenty who say not to do it unless backed into a corner, though (including the above).

09-02-2011, 02:32 PM
c-carp

No and no on both questions. Quit messing with the game.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 02:32 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
tarheel, I could count the number of times I've disagreed with you probably on one hand, but this is one of them, at least with your reasoning here.
Well, nobody's perfect

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:01 PM
CurtisLoew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy Thomas 77 View Post
I don't think i can remember the last time a player wanted to fight but then was to scared to do it, they CHOOSE to fight.
Haven't you done any reading this summer? The depression and anxiety that comes with the job as an NHL enforcer is becoming too abundant to ignore. Belak talked of not sleeping the night before a game in which he knew he had to fight. And I'm not so sure it's as clear as they "CHOOSE to fight". If they don't fight, they lose their jobs. They need to put food on the table too; some of these guys have played hockey their whole lives and don't have any technical skills or education to fall back on.

CurtisLoew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 02:56 PM
drive45

OHL rules?

I don't watch a lot of OHL. How do those that do watch OHL games feel about the no hits to the head rule? Is it consistently enforced? If not, why not? How much of an impact has it had on the game? For better or for worse? Do you feel it would help cut down the # of concussions in the NHL? How do they handle the difference between incidental/unintentional hits to the head and intentional ones? As detrermined by who?

I realize that this has little/nothing to do with the deaths of Boogaard, Rypien, and Belak, but it has a lot to do with Savard, Crosby, and all other concussion sufferers.

(Although in the case of Crosby, I think a big part of the blame lies in allowing him to play less than a week after the 1st concussion)

drive45 is offline   Reply With Quote