HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hockey Prospectus top 100 prospects

Old
09-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Hockey Prospectus top 100 prospects

5 Hawks in the top 100 (Kruger 27, Morin 31, McNeil 34, Pirri 53, Beach 94)

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1072

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Suburbanbear

Boy if Saad keeps playing he certainly will fly up that list. Wish there was some more love for Ben Smith. McNeil is over rated right now IMO...And who was saying the Hawks have much better prospects than the Red Wings? They have 4 in the top 25!?

Suburbanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Hawkaholic

Nice to see Beach in the top 100. But he's 20th on our team in that other stupid ranking.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:48 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

I don't agree with the list, at all, but I guess it's nice to see a few Hawks in the top 100.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Bills09

Stefan Elliott way to low....

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Not a good list IMO

Kruger too high
Pirri too high
Beach ,, Not sure he should make a top 100 list at this time honestly

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Kruger has a better shot to make the Hawks out of camp than Morin due to the bottom-six role he can play. Once Morin is up near full time, I'd expect him to play a top-six role. As far as potential goes, I believe Morin is better than Kruger. Kruger is just more defensively sound. If Morin can improve on his own end, he'll be a very good NHL player and seperate himself even more from Marcus. I honestly see him getting around 30 goals within three years.

Cullksinikers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:26 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Landeskog is a bit low IMO and McNeil is becoming a bit overrated...I would rather have Saad on that list.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 11:56 PM
RomersWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanbear View Post
Boy if Saad keeps playing he certainly will fly up that list. Wish there was some more love for Ben Smith. McNeil is over rated right now IMO...And who was saying the Hawks have much better prospects than the Red Wings? They have 4 in the top 25!?
The Hawks do have a better prospect pool than the Wings. This guy is obsessed with the Red Wings for some reason. He listed them as the #1 prospect pool in the league which is laughable.. it is somewhere between 10-15 in actuality.

The entire list is just laughable. How is the #2 overall pick Landeskog ranked at 39? Behind MARK MCNEILL, #18 overall. Just pathetic.

RomersWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:03 AM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Kruger has a better shot to make the Hawks out of camp than Morin due to the bottom-six role he can play. Once Morin is up near full time, I'd expect him to play a top-six role. As far as potential goes, I believe Morin is better than Kruger. Kruger is just more defensively sound. If Morin can improve on his own end, he'll be a very good NHL player and seperate himself even more from Marcus. I honestly see him getting around 30 goals within three years.
Already, despite everything Kruger's done in Sweden his offensive game is being underrated. Didn't think it'd happen this fast, but oh well.

Morin is without doubt a better finish, a pure goal-scorer, but Kruger's vision and ability to make plays is much better than Morin's. I agree with seeing Morin as a potential 30+ goal scorer if he reaches his potential, but I see Kruger as a 15-20/40 guy if he reaches his. They aren't simular players, Kruger the playmaking centre and Morin the goal-scoring winger. Morin has more grit to his game, nastiness and size while Kruger is more defensively sound and has a better understanding of where he should be on the ice. When it's all said and done I think Kruger will be the more complete player, but thankfully (at this point, at least) we don't have to choose between them.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 12:33 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
That list has some very questionable ratings. Gudbranson at 54 gave me a good laugh.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Already, despite everything Kruger's done in Sweden his offensive game is being underrated. Didn't think it'd happen this fast, but oh well.

Morin is without doubt a better finish, a pure goal-scorer, but Kruger's vision and ability to make plays is much better than Morin's. I agree with seeing Morin as a potential 30+ goal scorer if he reaches his potential, but I see Kruger as a 15-20/40 guy if he reaches his. They aren't simular players, Kruger the playmaking centre and Morin the goal-scoring winger. Morin has more grit to his game, nastiness and size while Kruger is more defensively sound and has a better understanding of where he should be on the ice. When it's all said and done I think Kruger will be the more complete player, but thankfully (at this point, at least) we don't have to choose between them.
I agree with this post. These are my thoughts. I bet we see some of Morin this year, too. He may even be in there opening night if Sharp's out.

Cullksinikers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 02:51 AM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Kruger has a higher ceiling than 40 points. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 40 this year. I wouldn't expect it, but it's not outside the range of possibilities.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 04:31 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanbear View Post

That would be me...I stand by that comment. That list is lame, Morin is better than any of their prospects and Saad keeps up the good work he'll be kicking their ass to. Most of the Wings prospects are B list players.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Gudbranson and Landeskog positions = fail

and his love for DRW is laughable

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2011, 01:08 PM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

this list is brutal.

I know Corey makes these lists with a different value system and such, so it isnt going to be a typical list that we are accustomed to....but this list stinks.

Pirri and Beach belong nowhere near the top 100 yet...

look at some of the names not on the top 100 and you can see why this list is flawed.

I think McNeil is too high as well, but not gonna complain about a fellow Hawk ranked high!

take this list with a grain of salt..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 08:23 AM
sedag

HP should stick to GVT and Corsi rating because this is the worst list ever. Of any kind.

sedag is offline   Reply With Quote