HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Turris to Chicago

Old
09-18-2011, 01:07 AM
DontToewzMeBro

vCash: 500
Turris to Chicago

Oh yeah baby,

Turris for Chi's 1st,3rd LW Bryan Bickell , D Sean Lalonde

Sharp.Toews.Kane
Brunette.Turris.Hossa
Frolik.Bolland.Hayes
Stalberg.Kruger.Carcillo

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 09-18-2011 at 01:19 AM.
DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Yeah Turris isn't worth anything close to that. His value is Lalonde at best

+ Hayes isn't NHL ready (Either of them) and Turris has shown nothing to indicate he can play #2 C role in NHL at this time

Also put a Proposal tag in your trade ideas

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

We should also trade for Cam Barker and Patrik Stefan.

Kaner Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 02:04 AM
DontToewzMeBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Coffee View Post
We should also trade for Cam Barker and Patrik Stefan.
sorry fellas mobile post, I was bored, but I think he will be a second line C in a few seasons

Old
09-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
sorry fellas mobile post, I was bored, but I think he will be a second line C in a few seasons
We need a 2nd line center now, not in two seasons when McNeill, Danault, Pirri, and Kruger will all be fighting for that spot.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 03:48 AM
Sarava

I would do that trade if you take Bickell out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Turris breaks through in a big way this year.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 07:36 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
How about Turris for Pirri, Lalonde and a maybe even a mid round pick? Trading for Turris seems to me like a move Tallon would have already made. If the price is right, this is a great opportunity to pick up a talented young center.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

I think this would be great for Turris! Not sure it would be the best move for Chicago though. Turris would learn, (under captain JT). Sometimes with younger captains, the younger prospects can relate more.
Turris is developing at a steady pace. Not as quickly as some had hoped. Maybe a change is what he needs?

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:41 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Guy needs to be out of Phoenix. I think he would improve alot with any team with a good offense. Dunno if I want him here though. I feel like he has name value right now, and that no team will be able to sign him without overpaying.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Beach + mid pick for Turris
Pirri + 2nd for Turris

Those are more reasonable

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:36 AM
giovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Beach + mid pick for Turris
Pirri + 2nd for Turris

Those are more reasonable
very much so.

the 1st proposal is considered #### in all 50 states.

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 09-18-2011 at 10:42 AM.
giovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 04:37 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Yeah my first proposal was a lot, but I don't see Lalonde/ beating out Olsen/Johns to make the squad and you would have to throw some assets because Turris' potential is very high.

If Turris came in here and became our #2A center this team would have absolutely 0 holes, especially next few seasons when Olsen,Morin and Johns are ready. Yes he has not proven a whole lot but he IMO just needs a change in scenery.

Toews78-90 pts-Selke worthy
Turris-45-60 pts
Bolland-45-60pts-Selke worthy

Kruger who blows at face-offs could eventuallt be a great winger as well.

Old
09-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Talentless Practise*

It'd be great to trade for him, but it would have to be a mini project to get him back to the level that was expected of him when he was drafted. Would he a take a two-way contract to work himself back into the draft pick he was supposed to be, or would he balk and request a one-way with limited ice time, contract. That's the question you should ask before trading for him.

His demands are obviously a sly attempt of getting Maloney to trade him somewhere else, and i'm really against what Maloney did, going out to the media and telling him he'd never play in a hundred years whilst he still under contract for the Yotes.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
It'd be great to trade for him, but it would have to be a mini project to get him back to the level that was expected of him when he was drafted. Would he a take a two-way contract to work himself back into the draft pick he was supposed to be, or would he balk and request a one-way with limited ice time, contract. That's the question you should ask before trading for him.

His demands are obviously a sly attempt of getting Maloney to trade him somewhere else, and i'm really against what Maloney did, going out to the media and telling him he'd never play in a hundred years whilst he still under contract for the Yotes.
I beleive that Turris is no longer exempt from waivers, so giving him a two way contract is meaningless (as he'd get picked up before clearing waivers). I do agree that it's pretty bush league to go to the press with the players demands. I saw where KT's agent stated that the rumors in the media are not factual.

I'd like to see Bowman get this done, as I think that KT is ready to break out. PHO has a ton of holes - but really needs help @ center, which makes trading Turris tough.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Not at $4m per. If he's willing to sign with the Hawks for less and the Yotes don't ask too much then maybe. Otherwise pass!

krazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Teemu

Wouldn't take him for free. Olesz would have to go the other way before I'd even begin to think about it.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:51 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

No thanks. Turris was never as good as his draft ranking. I'd take Gagner and Brassard over him easily.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:13 AM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
If Turris came in here and became our #2A center this team would have absolutely 0 holes, especially next few seasons when Olsen,Morin and Johns are ready. Yes he has not proven a whole lot but he IMO just needs a change in scenery.

Toews78-90 pts-Selke worthy
Turris-45-60 pts
Bolland-45-60pts-Selke worthy

Kruger who blows at face-offs could eventuallt be a great winger as well.
Turris at #2 isn't a hole? Isn't the guy coming off a 25 point season? One could argue that even Kopecky had a better season than that.

I guess IMO he's a much too high profile risk for someone that might be good, and honestly , here's some players on our team that might be good or were supposed to be good:

Olesz
Beach
Kruger
Hate to say it but Stalberg too

And realistically 3 of these guys are likely to end up on the roster already, I don't think we need to roll the dice on another player that might benefit from a change of scenery.

Only way I take him is to send him to the AHL

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 07:29 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Why would he accept a two way contract? It's silly to even consider it.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Turris at #2 isn't a hole? Isn't the guy coming off a 25 point season? One could argue that even Kopecky had a better season than that.

I guess IMO he's a much too high profile risk for someone that might be good, and honestly , here's some players on our team that might be good or were supposed to be good:

Olesz
Beach
Kruger
Hate to say it but Stalberg too

And realistically 3 of these guys are likely to end up on the roster already, I don't think we need to roll the dice on another player that might benefit from a change of scenery.

Only way I take him is to send him to the AHL
Did you actually watch him play - or just look at the scoresheet? For most of the year - he was played 8-10 minutes per game with guys like Bissonette because Tippett prefers playing the vets.

I think he's still has a ton of potential, and would be a great fit at 2nd line center. Just IMO, but to think that he'd pass through waivers and play in the AHL is just assinine.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote