HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Turris to Chicago

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-18-2011, 01:07 AM
  #1
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Turris to Chicago

Oh yeah baby,

Turris for Chi's 1st,3rd LW Bryan Bickell , D Sean Lalonde

Sharp.Toews.Kane
Brunette.Turris.Hossa
Frolik.Bolland.Hayes
Stalberg.Kruger.Carcillo


Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 09-18-2011 at 01:19 AM.
DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 01:18 AM
  #2
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 120,329
vCash: 302
Yeah Turris isn't worth anything close to that. His value is Lalonde at best

+ Hayes isn't NHL ready (Either of them) and Turris has shown nothing to indicate he can play #2 C role in NHL at this time

Also put a Proposal tag in your trade ideas

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 01:39 AM
  #3
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy
 
Kaner Coffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
We should also trade for Cam Barker and Patrik Stefan.

Kaner Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 02:04 AM
  #4
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Coffee View Post
We should also trade for Cam Barker and Patrik Stefan.
sorry fellas mobile post, I was bored, but I think he will be a second line C in a few seasons

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 02:35 AM
  #5
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
sorry fellas mobile post, I was bored, but I think he will be a second line C in a few seasons
We need a 2nd line center now, not in two seasons when McNeill, Danault, Pirri, and Kruger will all be fighting for that spot.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 03:48 AM
  #6
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,177
vCash: 500
I would do that trade if you take Bickell out of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Turris breaks through in a big way this year.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 07:36 AM
  #7
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
How about Turris for Pirri, Lalonde and a maybe even a mid round pick? Trading for Turris seems to me like a move Tallon would have already made. If the price is right, this is a great opportunity to pick up a talented young center.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:10 AM
  #8
Fortheloveofthegame
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
I think this would be great for Turris! Not sure it would be the best move for Chicago though. Turris would learn, (under captain JT). Sometimes with younger captains, the younger prospects can relate more.
Turris is developing at a steady pace. Not as quickly as some had hoped. Maybe a change is what he needs?

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:41 AM
  #9
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,877
vCash: 500
Guy needs to be out of Phoenix. I think he would improve alot with any team with a good offense. Dunno if I want him here though. I feel like he has name value right now, and that no team will be able to sign him without overpaying.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
  #10
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 120,329
vCash: 302
Beach + mid pick for Turris
Pirri + 2nd for Turris

Those are more reasonable

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:36 AM
  #11
giovi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Beach + mid pick for Turris
Pirri + 2nd for Turris

Those are more reasonable
very much so.

the 1st proposal is considered #### in all 50 states.


Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 09-18-2011 at 10:42 AM.
giovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 04:37 PM
  #12
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Yeah my first proposal was a lot, but I don't see Lalonde/ beating out Olsen/Johns to make the squad and you would have to throw some assets because Turris' potential is very high.

If Turris came in here and became our #2A center this team would have absolutely 0 holes, especially next few seasons when Olsen,Morin and Johns are ready. Yes he has not proven a whole lot but he IMO just needs a change in scenery.

Toews78-90 pts-Selke worthy
Turris-45-60 pts
Bolland-45-60pts-Selke worthy


Kruger who blows at face-offs could eventuallt be a great winger as well.

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:47 PM
  #13
Talentless Practise*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,244
vCash: 500
It'd be great to trade for him, but it would have to be a mini project to get him back to the level that was expected of him when he was drafted. Would he a take a two-way contract to work himself back into the draft pick he was supposed to be, or would he balk and request a one-way with limited ice time, contract. That's the question you should ask before trading for him.

His demands are obviously a sly attempt of getting Maloney to trade him somewhere else, and i'm really against what Maloney did, going out to the media and telling him he'd never play in a hundred years whilst he still under contract for the Yotes.

Talentless Practise* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 03:01 PM
  #14
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 12,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
It'd be great to trade for him, but it would have to be a mini project to get him back to the level that was expected of him when he was drafted. Would he a take a two-way contract to work himself back into the draft pick he was supposed to be, or would he balk and request a one-way with limited ice time, contract. That's the question you should ask before trading for him.

His demands are obviously a sly attempt of getting Maloney to trade him somewhere else, and i'm really against what Maloney did, going out to the media and telling him he'd never play in a hundred years whilst he still under contract for the Yotes.
I beleive that Turris is no longer exempt from waivers, so giving him a two way contract is meaningless (as he'd get picked up before clearing waivers). I do agree that it's pretty bush league to go to the press with the players demands. I saw where KT's agent stated that the rumors in the media are not factual.

I'd like to see Bowman get this done, as I think that KT is ready to break out. PHO has a ton of holes - but really needs help @ center, which makes trading Turris tough.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
  #15
krazyhawk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal/Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Not at $4m per. If he's willing to sign with the Hawks for less and the Yotes don't ask too much then maybe. Otherwise pass!

krazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 06:13 PM
  #16
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 21,975
vCash: 500
Wouldn't take him for free. Olesz would have to go the other way before I'd even begin to think about it.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 08:51 PM
  #17
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,396
vCash: 500
No thanks. Turris was never as good as his draft ranking. I'd take Gagner and Brassard over him easily.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:13 AM
  #18
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
If Turris came in here and became our #2A center this team would have absolutely 0 holes, especially next few seasons when Olsen,Morin and Johns are ready. Yes he has not proven a whole lot but he IMO just needs a change in scenery.

Toews78-90 pts-Selke worthy
Turris-45-60 pts
Bolland-45-60pts-Selke worthy


Kruger who blows at face-offs could eventuallt be a great winger as well.
Turris at #2 isn't a hole? Isn't the guy coming off a 25 point season? One could argue that even Kopecky had a better season than that.

I guess IMO he's a much too high profile risk for someone that might be good, and honestly , here's some players on our team that might be good or were supposed to be good:

Olesz
Beach
Kruger
Hate to say it but Stalberg too

And realistically 3 of these guys are likely to end up on the roster already, I don't think we need to roll the dice on another player that might benefit from a change of scenery.

Only way I take him is to send him to the AHL

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 07:29 AM
  #19
slappipappi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
It'd be great to trade for him, but it would have to be a mini project to get him back to the level that was expected of him when he was drafted. Would he a take a two-way contract to work himself back into the draft pick he was supposed to be, or would he balk and request a one-way with limited ice time, contract. That's the question you should ask before trading for him.
Why would he accept a two way contract? It's silly to even consider it.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 12:58 PM
  #20
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 12,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Turris at #2 isn't a hole? Isn't the guy coming off a 25 point season? One could argue that even Kopecky had a better season than that.

I guess IMO he's a much too high profile risk for someone that might be good, and honestly , here's some players on our team that might be good or were supposed to be good:

Olesz
Beach
Kruger
Hate to say it but Stalberg too

And realistically 3 of these guys are likely to end up on the roster already, I don't think we need to roll the dice on another player that might benefit from a change of scenery.

Only way I take him is to send him to the AHL
Did you actually watch him play - or just look at the scoresheet? For most of the year - he was played 8-10 minutes per game with guys like Bissonette because Tippett prefers playing the vets.

I think he's still has a ton of potential, and would be a great fit at 2nd line center. Just IMO, but to think that he'd pass through waivers and play in the AHL is just assinine.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.