HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hows my mock draft?

Old
09-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

vCash: 500
Hows my mock draft?

1.Stamkos
2.Miller
3. Kovalchuck
4. Cam Ward
5. Brent Burns
6. Havlat
7.Myers
8.Spezza
9.Fowler
10. Doan
11. JVR
12. Meszaros
13. Dubinsky
14. Fleischman
15. Larsson
16.Wolski

I feel I'm weak at LW and could have done better on D. My real draft is in a couple days. Anything I should change/improve on?

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Everlong
-

I wouldn't select defenseman so high, just my opinion. Brent burns will score alot of goals, but you can easily find an elite forward who can score more at that stage in the draft. How many teams were in the mock draft? Keep your eye on guys like Lidstrom, M.Koivu, and Selanne who are really low in the yahoo rankings, if that's the website you're using. Cheers.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
I wouldn't select defenseman so high, just my opinion. Brent burns will score alot of goals, but you can easily find an elite forward who can score more at that stage in the draft. How many teams were in the mock draft? Keep your eye on guys like Lidstrom, M.Koivu, and Selanne who are really low in the yahoo rankings, if that's the website you're using. Cheers.
There was 14 teams. I was actually surprised Lidstrom went in the third round in this mock draft.

Whats your view on my last 3 picks? I feel they were kind of risky but could be worth it.

Fleischman is the go to guy in Florida.
Wolskii could easily put up 30 goals if he plays with Richards and Gaborik but could also put up 10 if he has another bad year.
Larssons gunna have a big role on D in Jersey.

Was it worth the risk with all 3?

Old
09-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Everlong
-

Fleischman and Wolski are pretty big question marks. I'm not sure I'd take both, but I can understand taking one of them. Fleischman sounds like the more dependable option of the two. Wolski won't be playing with Richards, that LW spot is reserved for Dubinsky. Larsson is a pretty big gamble aswell, I think there are more dependable options out there. He does have alot of potential though.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I doubt Larsson puts up enough fantasy points this season to be worth it. I tend to undervalue rookies though.

I think where you started drafting dmen is fine though

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

If the last two picks are questionable who should i try to go for that late in the draft?

Old
09-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Larsson has a huge future, and the potential to be an immediate impact... in the actual game of hockey. In terms of fantasy-wise, his ceiling is a bit lower. As a last pick there's no harm, no foul. But as for as NJ rookie Dmen go, I'd think Taormina has a better shot at outscoring him.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote