HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your 1st round pick to Edmonton

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfan1989 View Post
am i tired of finishing last, yes. But unlike you, i do understand some of the reasons for finishing last. But being terrible now, could mean being way better in the near future. Am i saying we're going to win a cup, no. do i think we're going to be good, yes. Do i think we're going to be better then columbus,florida, yes. Our forward crop is much better looking then theres.. Our defense at this point and time is so,so.

I havent said anything about certainties, ive only really talked about injuries + man games lost.. Do i see us being the next pitts or chicago. possibly. The hawks already had decent dman in there system, keith pretty much came from no where.. pitts young core came along around the same time. but they did have nice veteran leadership to get them to that next level. + the crosby malkin combo is unreal. edmonton doesnt, and will not have that.. im not oblivous to everything. Edmontons rebuild is different then pitts and chicago. Doesnt mean that the oiler fans cant be excited about the future. and hope that it turns out like the hawks/pens did. Your pretty much telling us that we're idiots if we think its going to turn out like theres, and that the rebuild is going to be a failure.. Right now its too early to tell. only time will tell.. This year should be the last year we draft top ten in my opinion. we should improve and compete for a playoff spot in 12/13, anywhere from the 7th-10th spot. I dont believe we'll make it out of the 1st round if we make it..

As of right now i believe edmonton has a bright future, just like alot of other fans of any other team in the nhl..

Does it hurt to be optimistic?
No, it doesn't hurt to be optimistic. It actually helps to go through the pain of finishing last 2 years in a row. I guess I'm just tired of all the help us rebuild/give us your 1st rounders to Edmonton threads. I hope for Edmonton fans sake that the Oilers have a better year and compete for more than a last place finish.

Old
09-02-2011, 03:40 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Hardly worried about other fans. There are so many storylines that kept us interested and there will be many more next season.

Hall's transformation to stardom
Eberle, Pajaarvi and for a few of us Omark's second season
Hemsky's return \contract yr
Gagner\Horcoff possibly breaking out
Smyth's return
Belanger, Barker and Eager's effect to the team
RNH ??

As an Oiler fan I will love to see how all of the above unfolds.. If we finish close to bottom again.. so be it.

Picking up another 1st round pick should not be a priority or need
completely agree, edmonton has alot to look forward to this year. If we finish near the bottom again, so be it. If we finish top 20 it would surprise alot of people, including myself. But i dont think its as far fetched as some people think..
I dont think we're a playoff team. I see us finishing bottom 7 this year. I dont see us finishing dead last again this year. Lets just hope we can stay healthy, our young guys improve, Smyth can continue his 20+goals/season. Dubby improves. Defense improves, barker has a bounce back season ( fingers crossed ).. Theres alot of positives this season, Hope all goes well this year and hope they surprise alot of people

Old
09-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Boose30

Buffalo 1st and boyes for Edmonton 1st

Old
09-02-2011, 03:45 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
No, it doesn't hurt to be optimistic. It actually helps to go through the pain of finishing last 2 years in a row. I guess I'm just tired of all the help us rebuild/give us your 1st rounders to Edmonton threads. I hope for Edmonton fans sake that the Oilers have a better year and compete for more than a last place finish.
im sick of those threads also, they're either idiotic oiler fans ( who seem to think the rebuild should take years), or leaf fans lol..Im sick of finishing last. Im sick of rebuilding, but i know it doesnt happen over night.. Im hoping this is the last year we go threw this. Then we can move forward. Do i believe we need 1 more year of rebuilding. im not sure. We do have alot of up and coming dman in the pipeline. Im just not sure we have the assets to aquire a #1 dman ( other then our young guys )

heres to hoping suter becomes a free agent next year and he has interest in coming to edmonton ( which i doubt he is ) but heres to hoping

Old
09-02-2011, 03:46 PM
oilerfan1989*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boose30 View Post
Buffalo 1st and boyes for Edmonton 1st
no thanks

Old
09-02-2011, 04:19 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Gagner
Chorney
3rd in 2011

Could that get the Oilers a top 10 pick?

Old
09-02-2011, 04:21 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
The Oilers don't need anymore 1st round picks.The Oilers are set up front and only need a top defenceman on the back end.I am confident that the 2012 first pick from the Oilers will be in the top 3 and the Oilers can get Ryan Murray.

Old
09-02-2011, 04:25 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
The Oilers don't need anymore 1st round picks.The Oilers are set up front and only need a top defenceman on the back end.I am confident that the 2012 first pick from the Oilers will be in the top 3 and the Oilers can get Ryan Murray.
Haha you think thats all they need? I'd like them to grab another 1st. They really need a player like Frk

Old
09-02-2011, 04:31 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Haha you think thats all they need? I'd like them to grab another 1st. They really need a player like Frk
Frk is a top 6 player long term for the right wing .Where do you suggest he fits with Edmonton having Hemsky , Omark and Eberle,who are all right wingers.

Old
09-02-2011, 04:34 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Gagner
Chorney
3rd in 2011

Could that get the Oilers a top 10 pick?
Well, considering that the 2011 draft already happened, probably not...
Assuming you meant 3rd in 2012, or 2013, etc, I would say definitely not.

Old
09-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor

Closed for clean-up.

It probably won't be reopened, in case you want to plan the rest of your evening or something.

Closed Thread