HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott - Edm (Not Big)

Old
09-04-2011, 05:56 PM
oilers92

vCash: 50
oilers wont give up there centers especially one that fills a long need of a 3rd line center who can pk play defense and chip in offensively, why else would every oil/pens trade on this board end up with hemsky for staal or some variation of that

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
oilers wont give up there centers especially one that fills a long need of a 3rd line center who can pk play defense and chip in offensively, why else would every oil/pens trade on this board end up with hemsky for staal or some variation of that
Perfect, Ottawa won't give up it's "future" #4 defenceman, who will offset Rundblad/Karlsson's offence, despite being a solid offensive player who averaged nearly a point per game in his freshman season with U of D.

Also, I'm not quite sure I understand your point about Hemsky or Staal, it's rather irrelevant here.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
aside from Markstrom and Lindback, he's the best goaltending prospect in the NHL....so....nope.
An argument can be built for Jack Campbell.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
An argument can be built for Jack Campbell.
this is true

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 08:28 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 50
pass. I really like Lander and don't want to trade him for a 3rd pairing Dman.

MeestaDeteta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schollie View Post
All Ottawa fans fail, if you genuinely think it would take Hall to get Cowen your knowledge of hockey is horribly flawed. I'm not suggesting give Cowen away for nothing but Hall has way more value. To be a 1st overall pick you have to be the best in the world. Granted I haven't seen much of Cowen but I don't have to, to know that I wouldn't even consider giving Hall for him.
Oh don`t worry about that if you see how Ottawa rate their prospects who have never played a Nhl game Hall would not be enough they would want Eberle and a first in 2012 as well Cowen is the next Bobby Orr did you not know he led his Ahl team to victory all by himself they iced him alone

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
Oh don`t worry about that if you see how Ottawa rate their prospects who have never played a Nhl game Hall would not be enough they would want Eberle and a first in 2012 as well Cowen is the next Bobby Orr did you not know he led his Ahl team to victory all by himself they iced him alone
Ironic, coming from an Oiler fan, no less. For the record, Cowen does have an NHL game under his belt.

Iamok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
uhhh ya......he is.

The 3 best goaltending prospects in the league are Markstrom, Lindback, and Lehner.
Markstrom, Campbell, Lindback

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Eskimo44

You guys realize there is no sure fire way to rate the best 3 best goalie prospects, it's rather trivial to argue that. Just list good prospects. Remember Jim Carey, Andrew Raycroft, Rick DiPietro, Dan Blackburn, Steve Mason(?), ect..? Goalies are a crapshoot, things can go downhill in an instant. It wouldn't be suprising if a different current prospect than any listed in this thread, or who wouldn't even come to mind, has the best career. Were Ryan Miller, Pekka Rinne, James Riemer, Ed Belfour, Curtis Joseph, ect.. highly thought of as prospects in their draft year, or in the immediate years after? Obviously they eventually established themselves as very good prospects, but most goalies don't start in the NHL until their mid 20's. It's part of the reason why a lot of teams avoid drafting them early. There are the rare goalies who look like surefire bets like Price, but even Fleury, while good, has been a disapointment. The only guy, who it seems to me, that may fit that description is Campbell. So saying that any goalie is undoubtably a top 3 prospect, to me at least, is a little ridiculous. You just can't quantify ability or potential, or possibly know the future.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote